4 hours ago, catsorbet said:

I didn't like Valkyrie that much because it seems to have less movement than other calvary?

It does, but I'd say the extra magic range makes up for it. It does make for an easier transition to Dark Knight, though I frankly think Dark Knight is underwhelming for the effort needed to get there.

Valkyrie still has +2 move over Warlock/Bishop/Dark Bishop, which used to be the only choices for mages at Advanced tier. AND the extra point of range over them. It's a heck of an upgrade, and should absolutely now be the go-to magic class in Advanced tier for any female mage who is better at learning riding than flying, and a consideration for those who are equal.

People talk about Valkyrie transitioning to Dark Knight but honestly that's kind of a lateral move. To compare them:

• Valkyrie: +1 spell range, +2 cha, +2 magic (doesn't offset Tomefaire, but does increase Physic/Warp range)
  • Dark Knight: +1 move, +3 damage, +1 speed, +2 def, +1 res

I'm inclined to say Dark Knight is slightly better but it's very competitive. Increased attack range is very potent, especially with how linked attacks work. And obviously Holy Knight is just a joke compared to either, due to having 1 lower magic than Dark Knight and missing out on Black/Dark Tomefaire.