Is Rex Deconfirmed for Fighters Pass Vol. 2?

Bk1234

So, I do not believe Rex is deconfirmed for FP 2. I think Sakurai was referring to the base roster when he said there wasn't any time to add Rex since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came out too late. He wouldn't be referring to future DLC since Joker, whose game came out in 2017, was added in FP 1. Now, Rex certainly wasn't going to be in FP 1 because his mii costume came with the pass, but I think he has a fair shot of getting into FP 2. What are your thoughts? 

i honestly don't know

i don't want him to be deconfirmed for FP2, of course, but i'll just have to wait and see if Sakurai gives us any kind of confirmation, be it direct or indirect

I'm not a Xenoblade guy, but imo, if Arms could get a rep in the second Fighter Pass despite similarly being passed over for the base roster as a result of coming too late, I think Rex has a decent chance. Wouldn't be against it too, cuz I'm always down for more first party characters as DLC, and I know a lot of fans really want Xenoblade to get a second character.

Yeah, Byleth officially opened the door for Rex if you ask me. FE Three Houses wasn't released until last year and Rex's game, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, was already out when Smash Ultimate released.

And yeah, ARMS getting a character now also furthers the possibility.

Edited by Anacybele

Unless Sakurai can see the future or has a time machine, probably not.

But the DLC characters are all chosen by Nintendo (whatever Nintendo means in this context), so whether or not Rex gets in is up to them. So he's not guaranteed, but he's not deconfirmed either.

He's not deconfirmed at least. Rex has a shot though there's also a chance that he missed his change to get into Smash. Anything can happen and anything can not end up happening. 

I'd say Rex remains a reasonable safe bet even if the chance exist that he'll never see his Smash spotlight. 

I sure hope Rex gets in, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is awesome and so is he. Though Zeke is my favorite character in the game, personally.

Back when Ultimate came out, Sakurai said that ARMS and Xenoblade 2 didn't get a fighter because they released too late. Fast-forward to today and an ARMS fighter has been confirmed for DLC. Thus, i think Rex's chances shot up significantly. And yeah, everyone says "oh he's a costume/spirit" but i don't see why that should be taken as a deconfirmation. That just seems more like a fan rule than anything.

Will Rex be DLC? Idk. Who knows, we might get a Xenoblade 2 rep that isn't Rex. But i think there is a strong possibilty there will be a Xenoblade 2 rep.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And yeah, everyone says "oh he's a costume/spirit" but i don't see why that should be taken as a deconfirmation. That just seems more like a fan rule than anything.

Agreed, especially when ARMS already has a lot of spirits too, meaning that the fighter from that game is likely to be one of those characters.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Will Rex be DLC? Idk. Who knows, we might get a Xenoblade 2 rep that isn't Rex. But i think there is a strong possibilty there will be a Xenoblade 2 rep.

I don't see why it wouldn't be Rex if it's a Xenoblade 2 character, but if it wasn't going to be him, gimme Zeke! ❤️ (though that's unlikely, I know)

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't think any eligible video game character is deconfirmed.

Yeah basically this. Fighter Pass 1 was planned alongside the base game, but Fighter Pass 2 wasn't.

Well, any spirit events that happened within the last year or so probably deconfirms characters from those series. Like with Byleth, they would have waited for the character release. There hasn't been a Xenoblade spirit event, though.

If Byleth made it in of a (first party) game which has been released after Xenoblade 2, the argument in the OP in invalid.

Byleth's appearance gives even more hope to see a Xenoblade 2 character since also first party characters can be added to DLC.

• 1 year later...