Why I cannot fully sympathize with Rhea

2 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

To my understanding it was made by the Agarthans specifically for Edelgard. What do you think it is made of? It does really look like bone. Maybe something that was taken from the holy tomb Raid? The Agarthans has made such weapons in the past as they created the original relics. I guess they can do it again.

It also seems to move like it was alive, really strange weapon. But it is obvious from its properties. It is some type of dragonslayer.

Is Aymr even attuned to any crest? If it is it must be either the Crest of Seiros or the Crest of Flames. 

My guess would be that crest's among the Nabateans runs in bloodlines like the do with humans. If they have the blood of dragons. Granted, it does seem like Sothis and Rhea have different crests despite being mother and daughter. I think I read somewhere that Seteth is the brother of Rhea, but I am not sure where I saw that. 

I am also not entirely unconvinced that Edelgard and the other Imperial nobles are actually direct descendants of Seiros and the Saints.   

It’s attuned to the crest of Seiros. And has a different repair material. 

That be cool but Flayns mom is human and her crest is different. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Julian Solo said:

Nothing says that it is a legend dude. Duke Gerth just said An elite might have had it when they escaped to Dagda. He is speculating. That is obvious. Duke gerth wasn’t alive 1200 years ago. If Edelgard didn’t know what the relics where made of there is zero chance a duke of the empire does. 

It's a story. Again, Apostle Aubin was ALIVE when he saved Yuri, which was less than two decades before the game begins. It's literally impossible for his corpse to have been taken from Faerghus to be made into a Relic and then SOMEHOW end up in Dagda, which is VERY far from Faerghus. 

Like, you're trying to jump through Grand Canyons of logic here.

Dude it’s not a heroes relic it’s not made of the same material even. Aymr is fake. All the evidence points to being fake as we know how the real relics are made. 

I have no idea why you think there disproving my point there are more stones when. There is no evidence of that but multiple of the slithers made fake ones.  

As proven by Aymr's Maurice Crest Stone and now Aubin's case, multiple dragons can indeed have the SAME Crest Stone. 

Aymr needing Agarthium means nothing in regards to the Crest Stone itself. The dark Creator Sword is also entirely artificial, and it has the Crest Stones of Noa and Timotheos. You're pushing double standards yet again. An artificial Relic doesn't mean artificial Crest Stone. You're pushing a headcanon that the Crest Stone is fake. Where's your evidence of that? Hm?

Aymr being an artificial Relic means nothing about the Crest Stone, which is the literal source of the Relic's power.

You're not proving your point. I've already presented numerous evidence that supports what I said, but all you've done is push double standards. 

Just now, Julian Solo said:

That be cool but Flayns mom is human and her crest is different. 

When was it ever remarked that Flayn's mother is human? Please tell me. Or are you making up another headcanon now?

6 minutes ago, Julian Solo said:

Nothing says that it is a legend dude. Duke Gerth just said An elite might have had it when they escaped to Dagda. He is speculating. That is obvious. Duke gerth wasn’t alive 1200 years ago. If Edelgard didn’t know what the relics where made of there is zero chance a duke of the empire does. 

Dude it’s not a heroes relic it’s not made of the same material even. Aymr is fake. All the evidence points to being fake as we know how the real relics are made. 

I have no idea why you think there disproving my point there are more stones when. There is no evidence of that but multiple of the slithers made fake ones.  

I don't know what this has to do with Rhea being sympathetic but not. But I have two corroborated this with the fact that the Agarthans does create fake relics for the resurrected Nemesis and the 10 elites in the end of verdant wind. I have no idea how, but they can do it. Are these copies as powerful as the originals? I guess we could compare be in game statistics to see. 

Maybe their technology have advanced over the last thousand years, so they no longer require the bones of dragons or their souls. But still, Aymr really looks like it is made from bone. Maybe they go tomb robbing to get dragon bones for their construction.

I didn't read the entirety of the thread as I don't have time for now, but isn't Maurice alive by the time Aymr is created as he shows up in Marianne's paralogue? How could he be the crest stone?

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It's a story. Again, Apostle Aubin was ALIVE when he saved Yuri, which was less than two decades before the game begins. It's literally impossible for his corpse to have been taken from Faerghus to be made into a Relic and then SOMEHOW end up in Dagda, which is VERY far from Faerghus. 

Like, you're trying to jump through Grand Canyons of logic here.

As proven by Aymr's Maurice Crest Stone and now Aubin's case, multiple dragons can indeed have the SAME Crest Stone. 

Aymr needing Agarthium means nothing in regards to the Crest Stone itself. The dark Creator Sword is also entirely artificial, and it has the Crest Stones of Noa and Timotheos. You're pushing double standards yet again. An artificial Relic doesn't mean artificial Crest Stone. You're pushing a headcanon that the Crest Stone is fake. Where's your evidence of that? Hm?

Aymr being an artificial Relic means nothing about the Crest Stone, which is the literal source of the Relic's power.

You're not proving your point. I've already presented numerous evidence that supports what I said, but all you've done is push double standards. 

When was it ever remarked that Flayn's mother is human? Please tell me. Or are you making up another headcanon now?

So know you think Seteth wife who he met at the church in Enbarr was his sister? Yeah no sorry are you serious? 

@Darkmoon6789well it started with something like since the Slithers are still out there hunting Nabateans. It made sense why she stay in the monastery as the pope. Some how we trailed off into there being multiple crest stones. But it’s not 100% confirmed there is @Troykvsaid only IS knows.  

Edited by Julian Solo

So know you think Seteth wife who he met at the church in Enbarr was his sister? Yeah no sorry are you serious? 

So you admit that it's headcanon. We know NOTHING about Flayn's mother. Whether she's human or not. 

You think Rhea and Seteth are siblings? They are Nabateans, but they certainly never once regard each other like family. 

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

So you admit that it's headcanon. We know NOTHING about Flayn's mother. Whether she's human or not. 

You think Rhea and Seteth are siblings? They are Nabateans, but they certainly never once regard each other like family. 

You can’t be serious Seteth even said they regard each other like family. Dude when you go near the old church with Seteth and Flaynn one of them confirms they met at Enbarr. 

Edited by Julian Solo

1 minute ago, Julian Solo said:

You can’t be serious Seteth even said they regard each other like family. Dude when you go near the old church with Seteth and Flaynn one of them confirms they met at Enbarr.

Meeting in Enbarr means NOTHING when, once again, we never learn what species Flayn's mother is. 

Unless you can tell me any evidence that suggest otherwise, you're literally making up headcanons. You're assuming that all Nabateans automatically know each other or are automatic siblings? That's not how it actually works. Seteth and Rhea talk about how they consider one another family, but unlike how Flayn calls Indech and Macuil uncle, Flayn only ever refers to Rhea by name, as does Seteth. 

So again, what evidence exactly do you have to insist that Flayn's mother has to be human? All you have is that they "met at a Church in Enbarr". That doesn't mean anything, by all means. 

16 minutes ago, Julian Solo said:

@Darkmoon6789well it started with something like since the Slithers are still out there hunting Nabateans. It made sense why she stay in the monastery as the pope. Some how we trailed off into there being multiple crest stones. But it’s not 100% confirmed there is @Troykvsaid only IS knows.  

Are they necessarily all that closely related. I heard a suggestion somewhere that only Rhea is a direct offspring of Sothis. I don't fully believe in their creation myth about all being directly made by the goddess. 

Still, Seteth's wife being human has been a theory of mind for quite a while. It is not really disproven. 

I have wondered why none of the surviving Nabateans bothered reproducing to repopulate their almost extinct species in 1000 years. Seems like a problem they could have easily fixed to me. Granted, maybe they did, which is where the Imperial mobility with the crests of the Saints come from

Here are my two cents on Aymr and the artificial relics wielded t by the resurrected Nemesis, and the 10 elites. They are still made from dragon bone and using crest stones, the Agarthans has probably attempted multiple robberies of the holy tomb throughout the centuries and were using this material to create these weapons. They are more newly created relics than fake ones. But I guess this suggests that the bones taken with Aymr needs to be from a dragon with the crest of Seiros. Which cannot be the original.

I guess we could assume that the surviving Nabateans could have different crests and they're still having been more with the same ones in the past with that Seteth and Rhea are interrelated at all and that Flayn inherited her crest from her mother.

But honestly I have no idea. But I think the Agarthans want to plunder the holy tomb for a reason and I don't think sending Edelgard to do. was the first time. It is very much possible that creating Aymr was the goal with this raid.

Edited by Darkmoon6789

9 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Are they necessarily all that closely related. I heard a suggestion somewhere that only Rhea is a direct offspring of Sothis. I don't fully believe in their creation myth about all being directly made by the goddess. 

Still, Seteth's wife being human has been a theory of mind for quite a while. It is not really disproven. 

I have wondered why none of the surviving Nabateans bothered reproducing to repopulate their almost extinct species in 1000 years. Seems like a problem they could have easily fixed to me. Granted, maybe they did, which is where the Imperial mobility with the crests of the Saints come from

Here are my two cents on Aymr and the artificial relics wielded t by the resurrected Nemesis, and the 10 elites. They are still made from dragon bone and using crest stones, the Agarthans has probably attempted multiple robberies of the holy tomb throughout the centuries and were using this material to create these weapons. They are more newly created relics than fake ones. But I guess this suggests that the bones taken with Aymr needs to be from a dragon with the crest of Seiros. Which cannot be the original.

I guess we could assume that the surviving Nabateans could have different crests and they're still having been more with the same ones in the past with that Seteth and Rhea are interrelated at all and that Flayn inherited her crest from her mother.

But honestly I have no idea. But I think the Agarthans want to plunder the holy tomb for a reason and I don't think sending Edelgard to do. was the first time. It is very much possible that creating Aymr was the goal with this raid.

That was a big pet peeve of mine my first couple play threws we never learn whose stones are in the tombs. 

• Seteth: If you are still uncertain about your feelings... Then permit me to add one more thing. You, Rhea, and I... We are like family. Because of those deep ties, you can be certain that I will never abandon or betray you. On the contrary, I greatly wish to see what your future holds. I am, and will always be, your ally.”
  •  
  • From Seteths A support with Byleth.
  •  
  • Flayn calls both Indech and Michy uncle. 
Edited by Julian Solo

That was a big pet peeve of mine my first couple play threws we never learn whose stones are in the tombs. 

• Seteth: If you are still uncertain about your feelings... Then permit me to add one more thing. You, Rhea, and I... We are like family. Because of those deep ties, you can be certain that I will never abandon or betray you. On the contrary, I greatly wish to see what your future holds. I am, and will always be, your ally.”
  •  
  • From Seteths A support with Byleth.
  •  
  • Flayn calls both Indech and Michy uncle. 

We are LIKE family.

Not, "We ARE family."

The wording is VERY important. 

We have no idea how Nabatean society actually was like. Did the dragons ever get together or what? You're assuming that they wouldn't, but you base this on the assumption that Nabateans would never get together because they are all related. But can you prove this belief by any means? 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

We are LIKE family.

Not, "We ARE family."

We have no idea how Nabatean society actually was like. Did the dragons ever get together or what? You're assuming that they wouldn't, but you base this on the assumption that Nabateans would never get together because they are all related. But can you prove this belief by any means? 

How is this any different then Duke Gerths May? Flayn calls indech and Michy uncle. 

How is this any different then Duke Gerths May? Flayn calls indech and Michy uncle. 

What about Duke Gerth? Or are you still going about the same case that the Fetters of Dormi are from Apostle Aubin despite how absurd that logic is? 

Also, calling someone "uncle" is VERY common in many forms of culture, referring to them in a familial term even if they are not even related to you. Flayn calling them uncle doesn't mean that Indech and Macuil are actually Seteth's brothers. Seteth never calls them or refers to them as brother, as he never refers to Rhea as his sister. Once again, the Nabatean society never once made it clear how their civilization functioned. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

We are LIKE family.

Not, "We ARE family."

It would make sense for survivors of the almost extinct species, rather close to one another, even if we are into directly related. It could still regard one another as family as they are one of very few of their kind

Granted, if the are related. It would explain why they haven't reproduced with each other. Even if by this point I kind of fleet the survival of the species is more important than avoiding incest. I still think they could have fixed the near extinction a problem in 1000 years.  Just need to figure out which pairing of male and female Nabateans is the least creepy. Probably Rhea and Seteth, even if they are brother and sister, it would still be better than Seteth and Flayn.

I have actually considered if the Saints have offspring among humanity. I think that Linhardt has the same crest as Flayn and Ferdinand the same as Seteth. We have to remember that Flayn is actually a lot older than she looks so maybe she did have a family before she went to sleep for a long time and they grew into Linhardt's family line. I just find it very unlikely that none of the species ever reproduced in 1000 years. It has been shown that they are capable of having offspring with humans. Sothis was also a mother, but there is also evidence she didn't always look the way she does now. Her human form back in those days used to look a lot older 

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

What about Duke Gerth? Or are you still going about the same case that the Fetters of Dormi are from Apostle Aubin despite how absurd that logic is? 

Also, calling someone "uncle" is VERY common in many forms of culture, referring to them in a familial term even if they are not even related to you. Flayn calling them uncle doesn't mean that Indech and Macuil are actually Seteth's brothers. Seteth never calls them or refers to them as brother, as he never refers to Rhea as his sister. Once again, the Nabatean society never once made it clear how their civilization functioned. 

Is your debating style literally just 100% head canon throwing out everyone else argument? Then excusing them as head canon. Then repeating stuff you don’t have anyway to confirm over and over? Because that style isn’t going to work on me am to stubborn for that. Yeah so then you don’t know how it worked either but there closer then friends. 

@Darkmoon6789The First emperor is highly implied to be Seiros lover in the dlc. Flayn does tell Linhardt there not technically related. But over 1000 years that wouldn’t be a lie even if he was descended from her.

Edited by Julian Solo

4 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

It would make sense for survivors of the almost extinct species, rather close to one another, even if we are into directly related. It could still regard one another as family as they are one of very few of their kind

Granted, if the are related. It would explain why they haven't reproduced with each other. Even if by this point I kind of fleet the survival of the species is more important than avoiding incest. I still think they could have fixed the near extinction a problem in 1000 years.  Just need to figure out which pairing of male and female Nabateans is the least creepy. Probably Rhea and Seteth, even if they are brother and sister, it would still be better than Seteth and Flayn.

I have actually considered if the Saints have offspring among humanity. I think that Linhardt has the same crest as Flayn and Ferdinand the same as Seteth. We have to remember that Flayn is actually a lot older than she looks so maybe she did have a family before she went to sleep for a long time and they grew into Linhardt's family line. I just find it very unlikely that none of the species ever reproduced in 1000 years. It has been shown that they are capable of having offspring with humans. Sothis was also a mother, but there is also evidence she didn't always look the way she does now. Her human form back in those days used to look a lot older 

There's the idea that Rhea and Wilhelm were romantically involved. And Apostle Noa is said actually did start a family, and Constance is believed to be a descendant from him. Whether this is true or not is questionable.

Is your debating style literally just 100% head canon throwing out everyone else argument? Then excusing them as head canon. Then repeating stuff you don’t have anyway to confirm over and over? Because that style isn’t going to work on me am to stubborn for that. Yeah so then you don’t know how it worked either but there closer then friends. 

So... in other words, you have zero evidence, no forms of arguments, and thus resorted to the last thing: insisting that what I say is purely headcanon. Bravo. 

You literally tried to ignore the fact that Apostle Aubin was alive before the game despite how a Relic made with a Crest Stone of Aubin existed long before then. And then relied on double standards by insisting that Aymr's Crest Stone of Maurice is artificial, ignoring how the Dark Creator Sword works the exact same way. 

12 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

There's the idea that Rhea and Wilhelm were romantically involved. And Apostle Noa is said actually did start a family, and Constance is believed to be a descendant from him. Whether this is true or not is questionable.

So... in other words, you have zero evidence, no forms of arguments, and thus resorted to the last thing: insisting that what I say is purely headcanon. Bravo. 

You literally tried to ignore the fact that Apostle Aubin was alive before the game despite how a Relic made with a Crest Stone of Aubin existed long before then. And then relied on double standards by insisting that Aymr's Crest Stone of Maurice is artificial, ignoring how the Dark Creator Sword works the exact same way. 

The dark sword of the creator a replica of a Sothis who is far above the Nabateans by Rheas own words.. Aubin being alive before the game is irrelevant. Because that was my whole point the ring is real even the church and Slithers wanted it. Aubin a dragon who think he It is crazy he could have flown to Dagda for some reason. The fact the slithers where willing to kill Duke Gerth to get it means they can’t copy it as easy as the orginal that they had for a longtime.  Aymr is something different entirely. We don’t 100% know what it is. You have excused me of head canon multiple times that is called the pot calling the kettle black. 

Edited by Julian Solo

Were the apostles even really Nabateans? I understood them to be humans. If they are there is actually more of them when I thought. Still, if the apostles were not dragons, how could there be a Crest Stone of Aubin?

I do definitely like to believe that Seiros was involved with the first Emperor, she was heavily involved in the creation of the Empire and I do believe that house Hresvelg are their descendants. I think this plays into Rhea's extreme reaction to Edelgard turning against her, she never expected the descendant of her long dead lover to turn against her. 

2 minutes ago, Julian Solo said:

The dark sword of the creator a replica of a Sothis who is far above the Nabateans by Rheas own words.. Aubin being alive before the game is irrelevant. Because that was my whole point the ring is real even the church and Slithers wanted it. Aubin a dragon who think he It is crazy he could have flown to Dagda for some reason. The fact the slithers where willing to kill Duke Gerth to get it means they can’t copy it as easy as the orginal that they had for a longtime.  Aymr is something different entirely. We don’t 100% know what it is.

Dude, Yuri was there when Aubin died. Meaning that the Fetters of Dormi are from ANOTHER Dragon that has the same Crest Stone as Aubin. 

So that already proves that two or more dragons CAN bear the same Crest Stones. It even makes sense that the Agarthans would have more Crest Stones on them. I mean, we know for a fact that there couldn't have been just 11 Nabateans that Nemesis killed. For it to have been the level of genocide that had Zanado be given the moniker, Red Canyon, MANY Nabateans had to have died. So it makes sense that there were more Crest Stones that the Agarthans collected, with matching Crest Stones for others.

As I said earlier, Vajra-Mushti is a genuine Relic, created after the War of Heroes, likely during Loog's era, given how the shadow library mentions that Loog attained weapons similar to Relics. And Vajra-Mushti has the Crest Stone of Chevalier on EACH gauntlet, meaning that there are TWO Crest Stones of Chevalier. 

Get it? 

Before it was conjecture, but with the Abyss kids out, now there's very little doubt. Multiple dragons CAN bear the same Crest Stone. 

So Aymr is an artificial Relic with the Crest Stone of Maurice, modified to link to the Crest of Seiros, due to how there are no Seiros Crest Stones. The same process was used to create the Dark Creator Sword, using the Crest Stones of Noa and Timotheos to link with Nemesis's Crest of Flames.

4 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Were the apostles even really Nabateans? I understood them to be humans. If they are there is actually more of them when I thought. Still, if the apostles were not dragons, how could there be a Crest Stone of Aubin?

I do definitely like to believe that Seiros was involved with the first Emperor, she was heavily involved in the creation of the Empire and I do believe that house Hresvelg are their descendants. I think this plays into Rhea's extreme reaction to Edelgard turning against her, she never expected the descendant of her long dead lover to turn against her. 

Yes. Apostle Aubin is even implied to have been alive before the game began, where Yuri suffered from the plague that hit Faerghus, and Aubin gave his blood to Yuri, saving his life and bestowing the Crest of Aubin, before passing on himself. 

Yuri's paired ending with Byleth in non-CF routes states that Yuri and Byleth were untouched by time and remained youthful. Byleth is a god in non-CF routes, so they are immortal. Yuri, though, is the odd one. But not if you remember that 1st gen Crest bearers, ones who get their Crests directly from Nabateans, attain longevity. This is proven by how Jeralt is stated to at least be over a hundred years old, and he got a blood transfusion from Rhea.

And yeah, Rhea talked about Wilhelm very fondly, even saying that Wilhelm had saved her.

13 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Dude, Yuri was there when Aubin died. Meaning that the Fetters of Dormi are from ANOTHER Dragon that has the same Crest Stone as Aubin. 

So that already proves that two or more dragons CAN bear the same Crest Stones. It even makes sense that the Agarthans would have more Crest Stones on them. I mean, we know for a fact that there couldn't have been just 11 Nabateans that Nemesis killed. For it to have been the level of genocide that had Zanado be given the moniker, Red Canyon, MANY Nabateans had to have died. So it makes sense that there were more Crest Stones that the Agarthans collected, with matching Crest Stones for others.

As I said earlier, Vajra-Mushti is a genuine Relic, created after the War of Heroes, likely during Loog's era, given how the shadow library mentions that Loog attained weapons similar to Relics. And Vajra-Mushti has the Crest Stone of Chevalier on EACH gauntlet, meaning that there are TWO Crest Stones of Chevalier. 

Get it? 

Before it was conjecture, but with the Abyss kids out, now there's very little doubt. Multiple dragons CAN bear the same Crest Stone. 

So Aymr is an artificial Relic with the Crest Stone of Maurice, modified to link to the Crest of Seiros, due to how there are no Seiros Crest Stones. The same process was used to create the Dark Creator Sword, using the Crest Stones of Noa and Timotheos to link with Nemesis's Crest of Flames.

Bolded That is flat out wrong Balthus called it a replica. It’s not a real heroes relic period. 

So know you are assuming the slithers couldn’t find a Nabateans grave? Also again multiple real crest stones existing is not provable. If they there people with the same crest you telling me Sothis didn’t even name her children?

Do you have any proof Aymra is like the dark sword of the creator at all? Or are you speculating again? 

Edited by Julian Solo

Bolded That is flat out wrong Balthus called it a replica. It’s not a real heroes relic period. 

Dude, you are forgetting something crucial. Balthus thinks Relics were created by the goddess. He assumes it isn't a genuine Relic because he knows that it was man-made, but what he doesn't realize is that ALL Relics are man-made. But that's just it. Vajra-Mushti IS a real Relic. To repair it, you need Umbral Steel, the same materials needed to repair Relics. And Vajra-Mushti also turned Monica's father into a Demonic Beast. 

Get it?

6 minutes ago, Julian Solo said:

So know you are assuming the slithers couldn’t find a Nabateans grave? Also again multiple real crest stones existing is not provable. If they there people with the same crest you telling me Sothis didn’t even name her children?

Vajra-Mushti has TWO Crest Stones of Chevalier. One in each gauntlet. 

Also, let me get this straight. You are saying that Aubin died, then the Agarthans took his corpse and made a Relic, then SOMEHOW they idiotically LOST the Relic all the way to Dagda, where some story got made that it was taken ages ago since the War of Heroes? Are you for real? 

Also, the names of the Crests are products of humans, who refer to them as the originator that history remembers. I mean, the the Crests of the Ten Elites are named after the Elites. But dragons bearing the same Crest Stone means nothing, because Crest Stones are their hearts. 

10 minutes ago, Julian Solo said:

Do you have any proof Aymra is like the dark sword of the creator at all? Or are you speculating again? 

Are you serious right now?

Aymr is said to be an artificial Relic. The Dark Creator Sword is DEFINITELY an artificial Relic as well. We know this cause Byleth has the actual Sword of the Creator. 

But the CREST STONES are real by all accounts. To claim that they are artificial is purely speculation.

On 5/3/2020 at 5:35 AM, eclipse said:

I'll be blunt - the game really sucks at telling Rhea's side of the story.  I can use a lot of words to describe Rhea, but "stupid" isn't one of them.

To be fair I don't think it does a great job of telling Edelgard's side of the story either. Given all the injustices she wants to combat are largely left out of the spot light in favor of focusing on Hogwarts.

7 minutes ago, Julian Solo said:

Still, does this mean that there was only ever 11 Nabateans? That does kind of take the edge of the tragedy of the Red Canyon. It is more like some a-hole bandit going into someone's house and slaughtering the family that lived in it rather than a large-scale genocide. In which case Rhea's trauma isn't necessarily because most of her people were killed, but rather that she lost some family members. Where does the number 11 come from anyway? Counting each crest in existence, there has to be at least 19 (Seiros, the four Saints, the Dragons killed to have their power stolen by the 10 elites, the four apostles.) Still, 19, isn't all that many either. It is not even comparable to the number of casualties be inflicted on the Agarthans. The only thing I will ever say in defence of the Agarthans is that they are also the victims of genocide.

Looking at how many Nabateans exist at the start of the game. The number is five. If the total number was 11 It is literally 50% of the population they ever had. 

I think there must have been more Dragons than this, humans can  share crest, is it really impossible that Nabateans could as well?. I didn't think the names were established until after the war of heroes when the crests were linked to legendary historical figures

Just now, Jotari said:

To be fair I don't think it does a great job of telling Edelgard's side of the story either. Given all the injustices she wants to combat are largely left out of the spot light in favor of focusing on Hogwarts.

Maybe because the issues are at the Church run by Rhea, where we spend quite a few chapters learning that she's shady and very extreme towards anyone that opposes her.

Maybe because the issues are at the Church run by Rhea, where we spend quite a few chapters learning that she's shady and very extreme towards anyone that opposes her.

Edelgard's major issues lie with hereditary inheritance. She doesn't simply want to destroy what she sees as an evil Church, she want's to up end the entirety of society and is doing so in the name of a working class we see very little of (because we spend most of our time at a monastery for rich people). If Edelgard's hat was just hatred of figure that's extreme on opposition then that'd be enough, but she also wants to combat the larger influence Rhea has on society as a whole.

And that's not even getting into the quagmire of the context of Rhea's extremism actions we see in Part 1 not being all that extreme. They get by mostly on showing that one crazy face animation.

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Edelgard's major issues lie with hereditary inheritance. She doesn't simply want to destroy what she sees as an evil Church, she want's to up end the entirety of society and is doing so in the name of a working class we see very little of (because we spend most of our time at a monastery for rich people). If Edelgard's hat was just hatred of figure that's extreme on opposition then that'd be enough, but she also wants to combat the larger influence Rhea has on society as a whole.

... You realize that the entire point of the nobility system is because of the Church, where the nobility system is backed by the religion itself. The religion that worships Crests as gifts of the goddess. 

You know, like how IRL where kings and such claimed to descendants of gods. 

Not to mention Edelgard wants to free humanity from the influence of the Church and the control from dragons, who has been ruling over humanity in secret for a millennium.