The best Lyn you have ever seen.

Hello72207

I went back to an oldish save file of FE7 I had, and remembered that hey! This is one with a blessed Lyn. The only stat booster I used on her was a dragon shield, I believe, and everything else was from growths. I also believe that I did not rn grind her.

fire-emblem-blazing-sword.png.26ec49577b794ef53f9952768af52c35.png

Yeah, she is ridiculous, I just wanna know if any of you have had a Lyn this good.

Behold!

7RPoCve.png

Okay, cards on the table, this is from a hack where Lyn is a bow unit in tier 1 (and Eliwood uses lances) and I think I did increase her bases a little bit. Some stat boosters were also probably used, especially in Lyn mode (she was level 20 before it ended), but I think she still had some outrageous luck in hitting those caps (the plus 5 in speed is because she's using Mulagir).

EDIT: Oh, I see your Lyn is still a lord (she's so derided by the community I legitimately thought that could be a 20/20 unit). Your Lyn hitting my Lyn's stats doesn't seem like it'd be too unlikely.

Edited by Jotari

On 5/3/2020 at 1:01 PM, Jotari said:

7RPoCve.png

Okay, cards on the table, this is from a hack where Lyn is a bow unit in tier 1 (and Eliwood uses lances) and I think I did increase her bases a little bit. Some stat boosters were also probably used, especially in Lyn mode (she was level 20 before it ended), but I think she still had some outrageous luck in hitting those caps (the plus 5 in speed is because she's using Mulagir).

Hehe that is nothing. Tremble in fear, for I present the true all-powerful Lyn.

597411298_fire-emblem-blazing-sword(1).png.527cabe1b1b29e169696064e965a7ab9.png

She got a body ring after promotion, but no other staboosters were used. She is holding the Sol Katti in this picture, so that is the +5 res. She doubled the fire dragon with like 12 damage with the Sol Katti, and combined with her Eliwood A support had like 20 crit.

33 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

She got a body ring after promotion, but no other staboosters were used. She is holding the Sol Katti in this picture, so that is the +5 res. She doubled the fire dragon with like 12 damage with the Sol Katti, and combined with her Eliwood A support had like 20 crit.

Dang. The best Lyn I ever had was 12 strength at 20/20. (Well, eighteen because I gave her many energy rings.)

45 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

That's one sweet as Lyn. Still better off not using Sol Katti though. It's a pretty damn sucky weapon.

14 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That's one sweet as Lyn. Still better off not using Sol Katti though. It's a pretty damn sucky weapon.

The legendary Sol Katti, less might then a silver sword, and twice as heavy. Got a pretty sick crit animation though

On 5/3/2020 at 4:51 PM, Hello72207 said:

I went back to an oldish save file of FE7 I had, and remembered that hey! This is one with a blessed Lyn. The only stat booster I used on her was a dragon shield, I believe, and everything else was from growths. I also believe that I did not rn grind her.

fire-emblem-blazing-sword.png.26ec49577b794ef53f9952768af52c35.png

Yeah, she is ridiculous, I just wanna know if any of you have had a Lyn this good.

As far as I'm aware, no.That's one sweet as Lyn.

Still better off not using Sol Katti though. It's a pretty damn sucky weapon.

It only sucks if you use it on the wrong targets. Sol Katti is to be used against mages, Nergal and the Fire Dragon.

Edited by DiogoJorge

• 3 weeks later...

Who thought it was a good idea to give her these bases if you skip Lyn Mode?

Like, at least Lyn mode Lyn can turn into something worthwhile (besides her non-stat related issues like being swordlocked) but when I just play without it I just end up not wanting to use her anymore. How the hell are you supposed to kill things with that thing?

Mani Katti helps, it's +3 attack compared to iron even when it's not doing effective damage. Her lack of durability is the real kicker. In HHM she initially gets two-shot by practically everything - on her joining map, only the thief doesn't have at least 11 Atk. And I think it's likely that literally every other enemy rolls at least 12 Atk, which means she'd need at least 3 HP or 1 HP/ 1 Def to avoid a 2HKO against those.

If she doesn't level HP or Def, she gets one-shot by Steel Lance Cavs and Knights in chapter 17.

Btw what happens if you use a cheat during Lyn Hard Mode? Say you use the item cheat and not used any of the Stat boosting items and Knight Crests,will she still get the White Gem? Is the cheat gonna mess up the funds rank for her mode?

Edited by Arvin

1 hour ago, Arvin said:

Btw what happens if you use a cheat during Lyn Hard Mode? Say you use the item cheat and not used any of the Stat boosting items and Knight Crests,will she still get the White Gem? Is the cheat gonna mess up the funds rank for her mode?

It's based on total funds rank.  I think you can safely use one of the Energy Ring, Angelic Robe, or Knight Crest and still hit the White Gem as long as you aren't being silly.

It's not a cheat, it's a feature.

Do you guys think that if they remade this game, they'd give Lyn's class crit bonus like Swordmasters? or will her class get a unique skill instead?

The Resplendent outfits as costumes dlc for the trio lords?

Edited by Arvin

• 2 weeks later...

Can't remember her actual stats but the Lyn on my Normal mode against most enemies on a forest tile late-game (After Battle before dawn roughly) would have them have a 0 chance to hit against her.

I don't know if that's common but yeah, a unit who the enemy couldn't even hit if she was on a forest tile was godly.