Jump to content
Darkmoon6789

Something I came to think about lately, is Kronya alive?

Recommended Posts

Now that I think about it, it almost appears like she was consumed by the forbidden spell. The obvious conclusion to draw is that she is dead. But I came to think of another alternative, was she perhaps also banished to the void together with Byleth? After all, she appears to be consumed by the very same darkness.

If so, this might be a worse fate than death, but she technically wouldn't be dead. Just stuck in a realm of nothingness.

What would happen to those that are stuck in that realm? Would they eventually starve to death or are they doomed to roam that realm for all eternity? Solon does call it a fate worse than death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While she was enveloped by the forbidden spell, it also seems that she was already hurt from whatever Soon was doing to her prior. Assuming that ending in the void would not heal her, she'd likely die even if she did end up there. But then again, who knows?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on whether or not mole people need hearts to live. Until there's something that suggests they don't, I'd probably assume she's dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Crysta said:

Depends on whether or not mole people need hearts to live. Until there's something that suggests they don't, I'd probably assume she's dead.

I completely forgot about that fact. It is probably better for her anyway, however bad someone was they still deserve the rest in peace. No one really deserves the horrible fate the forbidden spell inflicts upon its victim.

I kind of wonder why no one else but Solon attempts to use it. You would think that Thales would also know the same spell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's well established after it failed the first time that even if he could use it after that point, Byleth can just cut through dimensions again so... he might have just thought "what's the point?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Crysta said:

I think it's well established after it failed the first time that even if he could use it after that point, Byleth can just cut through dimensions again so... he might have just thought "what's the point?"

They could just use them on other important targets that isn't Byleth. I was going to suggest Edelgard, but then I realised they actually need Edelgard. But they could use it on Rhea, doubt she would be able to escape. The Agarthans has strongly don't mind sacrificing one of their own, even against their will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'd probably prefer to use Rhea for crests and to craft nifty relic weapons with her skeleton instead. She is much more valuable simply dead instead of sealed away in the Shadow Realm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shimmerfang said:

While she was enveloped by the forbidden spell, it also seems that she was already hurt from whatever Soon was doing to her prior. Assuming that ending in the void would not heal her, she'd likely die even if she did end up there. But then again, who knows?

 

Solon ripped a crest stone out of her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Darkmoon6789 Kronya's main purpose following killing Jeralt was to lure Byleth to the area in the forbidden where the "forbidden spell"  could be caste following Solon ripping the crest stone she apparently had in here and crushing it. This is implied by Thales saves her from Byleth as she is killing Jeralt as he states she still has a role to play.

Anyway she is most likely alive as far as we know, just trapped forever in that eternal darkness or whatever. They could bring her back as DLC as a way to give more insight to the Agarthans or something, but I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is it revealed that it was a crest stone? I don't think the Agarthans actually implant them in themselves, and she was essentially just expendable spell fodder (ergo that was her role lol).

Thales does state another reason is that her being killed may expose the "secret of their bodies", which means biologically they're different than humans, but I think that's pretty much a given with all the shapeshifting going on.

Edited by Crysta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Crysta said:

Where is it revealed that it was a crest stone? I don't think the Agarthans actually implant them in themselves, and she was essentially just expendable spell fodder (ergo that was her role lol).

 

You can tell its a crest stone if you look closely. 

https://imgur.com/a6A3jBY

forum aint cooperating with me posting the image for some reason so heres the link I guess.

Edited by CatManThree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh. That does look vaguely like a crest stone.

Still not sure if she's alive though. If she was sent to the Shadow Realm with the same spell, I'd expect her to end up in the same pocket dimension as Byleth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If she's not dead after Solon ripped whatever he did our of her, she's probably trapped in whatever void Byleth and Sothis were trapped in before they went super Saiyan. I would say it's safe to say she is very dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's very dead, which is a bit disappointing.

This game had the opportunity to give Byleth a personal villain; a nemesis. They could've built up the inevitable conflict, and when the inevitable showdown came, we could see all of Byleth's rage, and the House Leader he sided with would be in the ironic (especially if it's Dimitri) position of having to stop Byleth from being consumed by vengeance.

Not all of what I said needed to happen, but it could've been really cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the camp who thinks she got "Temple of Doomed," so I highly doubt it. Although now that I look at the pieces it breaks into, it does look like a stone shattering. So now I'm thinking what if he replaced her heart with the stone, which might also explain why she was so single-mindedly evil.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

I'm in the camp who thinks she got "Temple of Doomed," so I highly doubt it. Although now that I look at the pieces it breaks into, it does look like a stone shattering. So now I'm thinking what if he replaced her heart with the stone, which might also explain why she was so single-mindedly evil.

I guess that Byleth getting a crest stone attached to the heart did numb their emotions. Replacing it entirely could have an even more extreme effect. Kronya is an assassin, and it isn't in the best interest of Thales for his assassins to be capable of mercy or remorse. I wonder if Thales did the same to the rest of his followers, it is essentially altering their personality to better carry out their revenge against the church. Thales is certainly evil enough to do it and we know they have done screwed up experiments before. 

I was also thinking that if Kronya did survive, what are the odds of her turning against the Agarthans for betraying her? She might still consider the surface dwellers to be vermin, but she might not want to work for Thales anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Thales is sick enough to do this kind of stuff, I think Kronya is dead, and her life IS what fueled the spell

Edited by darkblade2814
Auto corrector

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I guess that Byleth getting a crest stone attached to the heart did numb their emotions. Replacing it entirely could have an even more extreme effect. Kronya is an assassin, and it isn't in the best interest of Thales for his assassins to be capable of mercy or remorse. I wonder if Thales did the same to the rest of his followers, it is essentially altering their personality to better carry out their revenge against the church. Thales is certainly evil enough to do it and we know they have done screwed up experiments before. 

I was also thinking that if Kronya did survive, what are the odds of her turning against the Agarthans for betraying her? She might still consider the surface dwellers to be vermin, but she might not want to work for Thales anymore.

Ooh, this is cool~!  But it also makes them really cartoonishly evil (kidnap innocent humans, turn them into walking crest stone incubators, discard when done).

Though given Kronya's injuries, it's entirely likely she died while the spell was going.  Regardless, she was written out of the story by her ally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's interesting that her "heart" is actually another Crest Stone

 

But that is another unanswered mystery:

Are all TWISTD member having artificial heart? What does it do? Which crest does she use?

What's the whole deal with Sealed Forest? Why would TWIST build a magic ring so closed to the monastery?

Why is there a Crest of Flame symbol on the wall?

 

And considering

Spoiler

Byleth also has one similarly implanted

Is there a lore connection between the two?

Edited by Timlugia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Is there a lore connection between the two?

I doubt it. Byleth was a result of Rhea inserting Sothis' crest stone into Byleth in place of their own heart in an attempt to create a reincarnation of her. Kronya probably had that crest stone for different reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

I doubt it. Byleth was a result of Rhea inserting Sothis' crest stone into Byleth in place of their own heart in an attempt to create a reincarnation of her. Kronya probably had that crest stone for different reasons.

I think there is one connection, muted emotions. In the case of Kronya, muted empathy and remorse. Wonder if the evil of the Agarthans is artificial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darkmoon6789 said:

I think there is one connection, muted emotions. In the case of Kronya, muted empathy and remorse.

By connection I was more thinking reasoning behind it, but that could be a possibility. There's also the possibility that Kronya's physical prowess could have been a result of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that the artificial stones are responsible for TWSITD's ability to disguise themselves as other people.

Thales claims that one reason he spared Kronya was to keep the Church of Seiros from figuring out "the secret of their bodies". He could be referring to how unnaturally pale they are in their true forms, but that's unlikely given Solon and Kronya shedding their disguises. More likely, he's talking about the stones and/or how they're able to look like other people. My guess is that those are one and the same. 

Edited by vanguard333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...