Who's worse, Those Who Slither In The Dark or Team Garon?

Between Those Who Slither in the Dark and Team Garon, who do you think is worse?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who's worse?

• Those Who Slither In The Dark
    • Team Garon
    • They both equally suck

Gotta say, I'm surprised by how neck and neck the poll is. I honestly was expecting most people to vote Team Garon as the worse between the two, but no, it's actually a really close fight. Consider me impressed you guys 🙂

6 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Needs a "they're both equally bad" option. 

I probably would add that as an option, but I don't know if it's possible to add another option after the poll has already be posted XP

Edited by Gregster101

14 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Gotta say, I'm surprised by how neck and neck the poll is. I honestly was expecting most people to vote Team Garon as the worse between the two, but no, it's actually a really close fight. Consider me impressed you guys 🙂

I probably would add that as an option, but I don't know if it's possible to add another option after the poll has already be posted XP

Well, they're both bad for different reasons. One is a cartoonishly evil set of villains that is emblematic of Fates general bad writing, and the other is a cartoonishly evil set of villains that drags down an otherwise well written plot.

And yes, you can add new choices.

Edited by Etheus

21 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Well, they're both bad for different reasons. One is a cartoonishly evil set of villains that is emblematic of Fates general bad writing, and the other is a cartoonishly evil set of villains that drags down an otherwise well written plot.

And yes, you can add new choices.

That is very much true.

And thanks for the heads up

So yeah, by popular demand, we now have a third "They both suck" option on the poll. Go wild 😛

Team Garons horrible writing is front center so the fact that it's horrendous isn't hard to miss. But I find them quite entertaining for how bad they are since I've decided in that fates story is a satire of stories in RPG's (makes it easier for me to enjoy fates even if I know it isn't true).  

Those who slither in the dark are generic and boring which, while not technically as bad as he Garon squad, is worse since I get nothing out of it. 3h's story while not great (it's a bit to melodramatic for my taste and often tells then shows) is still pretty good so something being bad is way noticeable despite having way less screen-time then the Garon squad. Also they lack presence which made the Lopto church decent.

The Garon squad is objectively worse but TWSITD's badness is more noticeable. Since I was way more frustrated with the Garon squad on my first play-through I voted for them but it could either way (also because I went in with the lowest standard for 3h's story so it's story could never disappoint me while my expectations for Fates' story where quite high which made the revelation of it's plot quite a shock).

Garon's Goonsquad. They actively make Fates's story worse, due to how bad it makes every character in their vicinity.

TWSITD are just kinda... there.

Edited by Slumber

24 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What about a "they are both equally good option"? 

You do realize this whole topic is about discussing which of these two is worse right? Cuz they're both unanimously agreed upon to be really crappy villains. It's just a question of who is worse between the two.

11 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize this whole topic is about discussing which of these two is worse right? Cuz they're both unanimously agreed upon to be really crappy villains. It's just a question of who is worse between the two.

Well I wouldn’t say it’s unanimous but at the very least that’s the general consensus.

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Garon's Goonsquad. They actively make Fates's story worse, due to how bad it makes every character in their vicinity.

TWSITD are just kinda... there.

Personally, I would rather a villain have tried and failed rather than just not exist at all. To me at least, Garon has some merit as a villain within the confines of the story he’s a part of. The agarthan’s I could say less positive things about

39 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

"Both" options in polls stink, they are basically voting to not vote.

Nah, something can be bad for different reasons.  Which is why I swapped my vote.

I originally voted Slithers because they were cartoon villains in a story that took itself a bit more seriously.  Meanwhile, Garon's side is cartoon villains in an equally cartoony world.  Both are examples of what not to do WRT villains (namely, make them chaotic evil, with an emphasis on chaotic), hence why "both" is a valid option for this kind of comparison.

Though I think explaining one's vote when choosing "both" should be done, with nuance included.

I like Those Who Slither in the dark better...but analysis of things just always seem to lead back to the story being plain better if they didn't exist.

Slitherers kept me at the edge of my seat, waiting for the big reveal of their plot, only to be disappointed at the end. Garon just had me annoyed with his villainous nature while everyone around him pretended it was more of a gray area. There's something to be said for both, but if both of them got a backstory DLC that expanded their story, I can imagine the slitherers becoming a lot better, I can't imagine that for Garon.