Takumi and Sakura Fan Theory

Hello guys, I’m Yellow Duck and as my first post in Serene Forest Forum, I’m going to make a post about my theory regarding Takumi and Sakura from FE fates. Enjoy ❤️

SPOILER ALERT: Contain some fe fates plot (and also beware of some angsty fan theory)

And also, some T/M RATED CONTENT WARNING

So, as we all know, King Sumeragi met Mikoto, Corrin’s mother when Corrin was still a baby and he immediately fell in love with her. That means, when King Sumeragi fell in love with Mikoto, Takumi wasn’t born yet or even conceived and his first wife, Ikona was still alive. 

My theory is, King Sumeragi keep Mikoto as his secret lover because he doesn’t want to make Ikona Sad. But, his lust for Mikoto just so overwhelming that he had intercourse with Ikona just to satisfy his lust for Mikoto. Those intercourses resulting in Ikona’s pregnancy to Takumi and later, Sakura. Upon discovering that Sumeragi has a secret lover, Ikona got so stressed. When someone is stressed or under pressure, their Cortisol Hormone level in their blood gonna increase. Cortisol,  also known as the stress hormone can disturb foetus’ development, causing premature birth and also some personality disorder later in the foetus’ life. Stress also proved to affect physical health and immune system. So, I presume that Ikona also get sickly due to stress and thus, died when giving birth to Sakura.

Ikona’s high level of maternal Cortsol makes Takumi and Sakura having the personality we see in fe fates with Takumi being tsundere, easilly stressed or offended, often having nightmares (read fe fates 4 koma manga about Takumi description) and also with Sakura being super shy. Not to mention that their figures also looks less robust than their older siblings (I know its kinda obvious but u can also read this for more evidence:  fe 4 koma manga . The title Is “You have really gotten big, haven’t you”). Making me presume that their prenatal growth is disturbed or they’re actually preemies (premature babies).

So that’s all about my Fe Fates fan theory. Hope u enjoy it and I’m sorry for any grammatical error bcause english isn’t my first language.

Considering the fact that IS has gone out of their way to write out incest in the story, even retconning Azura and Corn being cousins in that art book or whatever, I doubt they are related to Mikoto. Also there's the subject of Sakura's pink hair, which may have been a result of Ikona having a red or pink haired with Hinoka's hair being red. Doesn't explain Takumi's hair but it's still something worth noting. 

2 hours ago, CatManThree said:

Also there's the subject of Sakura's pink hair, which may have been a result of Ikona having a red or pink haired with Hinoka's hair being red. Doesn't explain Takumi's hair but it's still something worth noting. 

Anime hair and genetics are confusing topics.  Like, people assume you have to be blonde to produce blonde offspring, but brown-haired couples are capable of producing blondes (though it's exceedingly rare).  Then you throw into that the mix of literally every single color known to man being possible hair colors for your children, and it just becomes a confusing nightmare if you're not scientifically informed or willing to suspend your disbelief within a reasonable margin.

That said, my view is that the personality traits they have are more a product of circumstance and rearing, not a genetic defect.  Sakura recounts to Corrin her memory of Corrin's kidnapping, and how maids were implying that the kidnappers were allegedly actually after Sakura - it's clear that the memory of Corrin's kidnapping left mental scars for both Hinoka and Sakura, and the supposed fact that the kidnapping was actually meant for Sakura resulted in her blaming herself for her step sibling's kidnapping.  And then there's the fact that she knew Corrin was raised by Nohrians all their life, so she justifiably believes it's a very real possibility for her beloved step sibling to leave again.

As for Takumi, it's definitely not uncommon for younger brothers to feel an inferiority complex when other siblings seem to be receiving more favor.  Not only is he second in line for the throne, but he's not allowed to wield Raijinto or receive the special training that Ryoma received from the Rainbow Sage.  He's groomed to be the second fiddle for Ryoma simply because he was the second son born to the Hoshidan royal family.  And then all of a sudden some other sibling shows up to further make people overlook you.  The only people who really lift him up are his retainers, both of whom are almost fanatically loyal to him.  Because he bottles up all his feelings because he doesn't want to seem like a burden, his siblings don't really understand the mental anguish he's going through at all times, having to accept the fact that unless his brother were to somehow die his life would revolve around serving Ryoma as an advisor instead of as a ruler, all because of pure circumstance.

While I do like the idea of there being this moral greyness in Sumeragi where he's screwing a concubine away from the prying eyes of his wife or other court members, I don't think that's the kind of royal family IS envisioned with the Hoshidan royal family.  They wanted that almost perfect nuclear family, where neither spouse takes other lovers unless the other spouse dies, to reflect the ideals of the "white kingdom".  And then there's all the deliberation in IS trying to backwalk/stray from the idea that you could engage in sibling x sibling incest.

5 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

While I do like the idea of there being this moral greyness in Sumeragi where he's screwing a concubine away from the prying eyes of his wife or other court members, I don't think that's the kind of royal family IS envisioned with the Hoshidan royal family.  They wanted that almost perfect nuclear family, where neither spouse takes other lovers unless the other spouse dies, to reflect the ideals of the "white kingdom".  And then there's all the deliberation in IS trying to backwalk/stray from the idea that you could engage in sibling x sibling incest.

I do prefer things be this way, though. Fates needed more moral grayness.

That, or some sort of better way of thinking things through.