Radiant Dawn Remake Ideas (Post- FE Three Houses)

Now that three houses has come out, I think it would be cool to see some Tellius remakes for the new generation. Here are a few Ideas I'm hoping IS adds if they ever make any remakes. 

1. Give the dawn brigade more chapters, I'd really like to see how they met in the first place and how they bonded as a group.

2. Supports are a must, especially for the dawn brigade and new characters like Kyza.

3. No Astrid X Makalov PLEASE

4. Give my boy Sothe a more important role in part 4, it seems like they kinda dragged him along in the original and they gave him a back seat to Ike and Micaiah (oh, i'm sorry, Yune). I may be biased because he's my fav, but Sothe is a truly unique main character for fire emblem and he still has a lot of potential.

5. Make Sothe more viable for part 4 as well. Make sure he doesn't fall behind.

6. Tormod definitely needs more screen time. he shows up in part 1 for, like 3 missions, and then joins again before the endgame during which time he is seriously underleveled (but good if you bother to train him).

7. I would love it if all the dialogue including the supports was fully voiced like it is in Three houses.

8. It would be cool if they gave us more lore on Tellius

9. I really hope they address the unequal lifespans between Laguz and Beorc more. IT rarely gets talked about. I really hope they address it because it is definitely could be a major theme with much potential. It could play a huge role in the rift between the beorc and laguz as well as how characters see themselves or each other. Seriously, they could do a lot with this and it deserves more than just passing mentions in dialogue. This is BIG (although it might be a better theme for a 3rd tellius game, if we ever get one).

10. More info on the Crimean rebellion and how it relates to the overall story. Maybe make the Campaign longer.

11. Give Volug more dialogue, if you read his translated quotes you will realize he has the potential to be a truly hilarious and well written character.

12. it'd be cool to see what Hatari looks like (again, might be sequel material though).

13. Buff Leonardo and make Meg not bad.

14. I think the characters and the world would look gorgeous with Three houses' art style or an improved version of it, but maybe that's just me.

I definitely think Tellius deserves a few remakes or maybe a sequel, probably, perhaps, maybe. 

Edited by Kaiser Wilhelm
fixed run-on sentence, added a new point

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'd be satisfied enough if they just change Ike's god awful ending and give him at least a platonic ending with Elincia. Imo it's criminal that they didn't get an ending of any kind. And Ike's current ending is GARBAGE. It contradicts his character and things he's done and said. It makes no damn sense. And there was no explanation given for it.

But I'd also like proper support conversations and the Dawn Brigade to not suck gameplay wise. Have Tormod's party rejoin in part 3 rather than 4 too.

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Honestly, I'd be satisfied enough if they just change Ike's god awful ending and give him at least a platonic ending with Elincia. Imo it's criminal that they didn't get an ending of any kind. And Ike's current ending is GARBAGE. It contradicts his character and things he's done and said. It makes no damn sense. And there was no explanation given for it.

But I'd also like proper support conversations and the Dawn Brigade to not suck gameplay wise. Have Tormod's party rejoin in part 3 rather than 4 too.

Spoilers for those who haven't played radiant dawn btw.

I definitely agree with you on ike's ending, dang, I forgot to mention it. Yeah I hated his ending. It seems so illogical that he would leave tellius instead of witnessing the peace and prosperity he helped create. Leaving everyone behind for the sake of finding other lands. I never really took Ike to be the conquistador type.

Just now, Kaiser Wilhelm said:

Spoilers for those who haven't played radiant dawn btw.

I definitely agree with you on ike's ending, dang, I forgot to mention it. Yeah I hated his ending. It seems so illogical that he would leave tellius instead of witnessing the peace and prosperity he helped create. Leaving everyone behind for the sake of finding other lands. I never really took Ike to be the conquistador type.

Yeah, that, and he literally promised Mist he'd never leave her. And Ike is just not a dude that goes breaking promises to his freakin family. He also was hellbent on continuing his dad's legacy and leading the Greil Mercs. Why would he just give that up with no explanation?

2 hours ago, Kaiser Wilhelm said:

1. Give the dawn brigade more chapters, I'd really like to see how they met in the first place and how they bonded as a group.

Radiant dawn already has so many chapters though...

3. No Astrid X Makalov PLEASE

Why not? I know Makalov is an asshole but well not every relationship in anime/games has to be perfect.

5. Make Sothe more viable for part 4 as well. Make sure he doesn't fall behind.

That's his gimmick though, and I like it that way. He's not OP all the time, but he is very damn helpful in the Dawn Brigade.

13. Buff Leonardo and make Meg not bad.

I'm not against this, but in general it should just be everyone to be better balanced (but not nerfing them, like Haar being really strong makes the Hard mode much more bearable.

29 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Why not? I know Makalov is an asshole but well not every relationship in anime/games has to be perfect.

Huh, never thought of it that way. Maybe you're right.

Edited by Kaiser Wilhelm

Changes I'd want:

1. Fix Ike's ending. He doesn't have to have a paired one or anything, but his ending is akin to Rutger starting a hippy movement in elibe in his C support with someone.
  2. Proper supports.
  3. Make Sentinels decent. Aran capped every stats except for magic and resistence as a 20/13/12 Sentinel. Sure, he was blessed, but 35 strength cap is just sad.
  4. Nerf Ike and change the BK fight to be not Ike exclusive or something; Ike just rolls the whole game.
  5. Make Micaiah better; I.E speed, please. She can be squishy, but good god, make her fast enough on average to avoid being doubled by everything!
  6. A whole bunch of paired endings that were missed.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

And Ike's current ending is GARBAGE

*cough*Priam*cough*

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I know Makalov is an asshole but well not every relationship in anime/games has to be perfect.

How is he an asshole? So he gets drunk and loses a lot at cards, that doesn't make someone an asshole.

7 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

*cough*Priam*cough*

What about him? Nothing said Ike ever came to the Awakening world. Only that somehow Priam got there. It could've been anyone of Ike's other descendants that led Priam to be there. Heck, maybe even Priam himself came from afar.

24 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

How is he an asshole? So he gets drunk and loses a lot at cards, that doesn't make someone an asshole.

It's compulsive gambling but he also takes money from those around him to do just that, iirc he ran away with a bunch of money from Marcia before you recruit him in PoR. Additionally when the two meet up, the dude doesn't even want to apologize and instead asks for more money. Again though, iirc.

my first idea Don't make the secret Soren and Ike secret conversation ridiculously convoluted to achieve. 

Spoiler

And more blatant ike/soren ending please Int$y$

second idea : whoever is the animation director for casting spells please be the one for a remake. The 3H spell animations looks so bland while the Tellius ones had the screens shake and it was extra dramatic.

Edited by Miminako

If Volug gets any more dialogue, he'd bump out Micaiah as a main character.  😛

I'd like Sothe to have an actual role in the story, and not just be Micaiah's tag-along partner.  Have them bicker, or have him do things on his own without her and vice versa.  Yes, he wants to protect her, but it doesn't mean he has to lose his slot as a character to do so!

Hmm, I'd say, if there is ever a remake or remaster or whatever, things I'd like to see if, I suppose standard things like proper Supports, more paired endings (not necessarily romantic ones), including characters having the option of more than one.

Perhaps more ambitious, I'd like to see having Part 3 actually give you the choice to choose Ike or stick with Micaiah. Perhaps even become a divergent story line. Personally, I like the idea of divergent "routes" that may even become most-of-the-game long, something pulled often in SRW, to various degrees of extent. Anyway, chances are low for that; but still, one can dream.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that, and he literally promised Mist he'd never leave her.

Out of curiosity, when was that said? I've been unable to find looking up the scripts.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Perhaps more ambitious, I'd like to see having Part 3 actually give you the choice to choose Ike or stick with Micaiah. Perhaps even become a divergent story line. Personally, I like the idea of divergent "routes" that may even become most-of-the-game long, something pulled often in SRW, to various degrees of extent. Anyway, chances are low for that; but still, one can dream.

. . .I did not know that I wanted this until now.  Would love to play 3-F out from Micaiah's PoV.  Except that the "win" condition is that she become so out of it that she leaves the map.

Edited by eclipse

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Out of curiosity, when was that said? I've been unable to find looking up the scripts.

I can't remember which conversation it was, but I'm certain I remember Ike saying he wouldn't leave Mist.

The main thing I'd want in a remake is full and voiced supports. It would be interesting to see the ~8-10 supports they had in mind.

I second Tormod, Muarim and Vika rejoining earlier, even if they are unavailable for maps where you face laguz until the 4-E-3 dragon laguz. Overall availability could be helped if they add a few more maps for units outside Ike's army to contribute in. Add more maps with interesting terrain, objectives or side-objectives like the part 2 ones. Autoleveling to match enemy levels in their rejoin chapter is ok if they don't want to add maps.

Weaken some powerhouses like Haar a bit, and strengthen weaklings like Meg, along with other balancing adjustments.

For Micaiah, if they add something like an enemy-phase Wary Fighter she could learn, that would help a bit.

Allow the removal of Bane from Whispers, or change it to a command like PoR's Gamble. I wouldn't mind Combat Arts being introduced, in which case, change it to Subdue.

They could add tonics at a limit of 1 or 2 per character per chapter.

Enemy target lines/damage preview will probably be an optional standard from now on. Remove that instead of enemy range from the harder mode(s).

One thing that just makes no sense to me both in story and in gameplay is that Laguz start maps with their transformation gauge empty. These people are prepared and going to war. Why aren't they ready to transform!? It makes them basically impudent in the first handful of turns of the chapter, which are usually the most critical parts of a map. Maybe for some chpters you can have them start empty if the plot supports it, like when Ike and co are ambushed while camping in Part 4, but by and large every Laguz unit should start with their transformation guage at full. The bloody npcs get to do it, why not the ones I'm controlling?

I'm going to be controversial here and say that I don't really like the amount of content that is locked behind a second playthrough and beyond. Considering Radiant Dawn is already a hefty game, I would like to get stuff on my first playthrough.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

One thing that just makes no sense to me both in story and in gameplay is that Laguz start maps with their transformation gauge empty. These people are prepared and going to war. Why aren't they ready to transform!? It makes them basically impudent in the first handful of turns of the chapter, which are usually the most critical parts of a map. Maybe for some chpters you can have them start empty if the plot supports it, like when Ike and co are ambushed while camping in Part 4, but by and large every Laguz unit should start with their transformation guage at full. The bloody npcs get to do it, why not the ones I'm controlling?

Outside of one chapter (3-4), that's the case, yes. 

Anyway, you bringing up laguz makes me want to mention, buff the non-royal laguz; save for a few, they're more trouble to use than they're worth, because they're not powerful enough when transformed to make up for the fact that they die so frigging easily when they're untransformed. For the fact that racism is one of the themes in the Tellius saga, the fact that laguz units are innately disadvantaged relative to beorc is an odd miss.

11 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Like said, he's a compulsive gambler. Even in RD, he doesn't learn his lesson; in an info conversation, Marcia deduces that he doesn't want to fight the Begnion army because he was in debt to THEM as well. It's pretty telling that in PoR, Ike states that he had to pay off his debts because he doesn't want the Greil Mercenaries hounded by debt collectors. And despite all the trouble he causes, he just doesn't clean up his act.

10 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

That Makalov has a weakness for gambling makes him intersting actually and his dialogues with Marcia are hilarious.

Honestly, I'd say he'd be more interesting if he actually cleaned up his act. As is, his interactions tend to be more cringeworthy than not.

Edited by Shadow Mir

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think they have the "Supports" on the main site, and I think it may have been their A-support in RD?

Full dialogue supports would ruin the beauty that is Oliver having original dialogue of some kind with almost if not every character in the entire game in his supports unlike everyone else.

I'd fully agree with the notion that Tormod and Muarim shouldn't get ignored again in a remake. Narratively they are the characters who have the most incentive to join the war and some of the more interesting reactions to being caught up in it. Its always somewhat jarring that Brom, Nephanee and Illyana just randomly join the war while Tormod sits it out despite having every reason to join. 

Either have Tormod and Muarim join Ike or at least have a paralogue about them helping Sigrun rescue Sanaki from the senate and explaining their absence that way. 

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think they have the "Supports" on the main site, and I think it may have been their A-support in RD?

Okay, I checked. While Mist has unique dialogue to Ike, he doesn't have one back to her. In any case, her A support dialogue is:

Ike, you idiot… I told you we’ll be together to the end. Stay with me forever.

To which Ike's (generic) A support response is:

I won’t die here. And I always keep my promises.

Looking at it, he's either saying his promise is to not die, or it is a response to Mist's second statement.

Either way, this is, well, from the supports. This statement isn't one that is guaranteed to happen, nor is there an indication that it does. Now, I'm aware that just because it's not mandatory doesn't mean it can't be canon; however, if this is the only time it's ever shown Ike promising this sort of thing, then the fact he leaves (which happens no matter what) means it's simply not canon he A supports his sister.

Radiant Dawn has such a bloated cast that I don't see regular supports getting into the game, especially if it means overriding the current support anyone that the game is designed around. What they could do however would be to give just A supports similar to Fire Emblem Warriors (which would still take a significant amount of work if done for every potential pair, maybe keep the generics for most combinations and give unique A supports to certain plot relevant units).