New Heroes Arrive! Dark Burdens (May 8th)

Anacybele

Pretty cool banner. I won't put many orbs into it, but still really cool.

Fallen Corrin is meh, although their inclusion makes sense. Last year we had female, this year we have male. At least his art looks amazing, absolutely monstrous.

Fallen Lyon looks awesome, and also kinda specific. He looks like he absolutely owns his niche, but I'm not sure about elsewhere. That battle animation slaps tho.

Fallen Julia is equally as cool. Wonder if that B skill is inheritable.

Fallen Ike I'm of two minds with. One hand, I don't understand where it comes from (sure it's a cipher thing but I still don't get it). On the other hand, he looks fucking badass and I actually like Greg Chun as him here. Finally sounds like he's emoting a bit.

Ashnard is epic, glad he's the free unit since he's the one I want the most.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No 4* Focus but that's not a surprise -- Fallen Heroes banners never get demotes and this banner is no exception. (Fallen Heroes and CYL Heroes are the New Heroes banners that don't get demotes)

Ashnard: Nice for his fans but boring otherwise -- we did just get Young Minerva for axe fliers and she's going to be a pretty tough act to follow. And given IS's record with lance fliers... uhhhh...

Lyon: Gronnraven Prf and gets damage reduction as well as NCD. Pretty tempting.

MCorrin: Apparently tries to powercreep Fallen FCorrin but missed the memo on unit color. And welp, Solo skills are now getting the powercreep treatment.

Ike: Welp, IS is starting to hate on debuffs now since debuffs are turned into in-combat buffs (and as such can stack with field buffs). Gonna be really annoying to fight against since he does get the DC+Repel combo. And Darting Breath is finally here.

Julia: Wow, a pretty specific condition (besides NFU/Red Tomebreaker+Speed check) if you don't want her to get a follow-up.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'm... actually disappointed. I love Ike, but I was really hoping for an actual Tellius banner. Hopefully this doesn't cut down on the chances of that... Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

Ah well. This means more of a chance for non-Tellius fans to have someone they like on here! And I'll probably still pull for Ike, just maybe not here. When he appears later instead. And I'll get an Ashnard!

2 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Fallen Ike I'm of two minds with. One hand, I don't understand where it comes from (sure it's a cipher thing but I still don't get it). On the other hand, he looks fucking badass and I actually like Greg Chun as him here. Finally sounds like he's emoting a bit.

1. I guess you haven't played Tellius? Fallen Ike is a what-if situation since he never actually went berserk in either of his games. It's based on how Tellius's Fire Emblem, Lehran's Medallion, makes anyone other than Mist and Ike and Mist's mom Elena go berserk if they touch it. Greil once mistakenly touched it and went mad. He would've made a bit more sense here, but of course, his son is mega popular and it would also be silly to include two alt Greils before the regular one is in.

2. Well, the reason Greg Chun doesn't "emote" much as Ike until now is because Ike is stoic and blunt. He just doesn't have a lot of emotion. But going berserk, he's gonna show some more anger and rage.

I actually don't like the concept of fallen Ike. It's sad because...well, he touched the medallion and is about to go on a killing spree like his dad did. But I love Ike so much that I can't say no to an Ike alt, especially an RD Ike one!

Edited by Anacybele

Okay fine yeah looking at Lyon's set again I want him.

Red certainly looks strong, but I just... don't care about it much. I already have three Ikes and a Julia, and I don't particularly like either of their art here. It'll certainly be my fallback for if green isn't available, and the spark mechanic makes pulling multiple colors better than it would be otherwise, but... hrm. Gonna have to give it some thinking. At least 'll have a couple of weeks to do the math and to hear about exactly how well they work, since I can't pull right away.

All right, so, I went back and found the trailer in question.

Start at about 10:55 and watch for a couple of seconds to the end of that section.

Draw your own conclusions from what is exactly said, but from my interpretation it sounded like every banner from now on will have this type of 4-star focus stuff. I suppose the real question is to ask what was said in the Japanese version.

I mean, I might be making too big of a deal about this, but I'm not giving IS an inch here because you know that if we excuse it they'll go back on their word more often and make more fallen-style banners where they just don't demote anyone because "fuck you guys feeeeeeh".

3 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Pretty cool banner. I won't put many orbs into it, but still really cool.

Fallen Corrin is meh, although their inclusion makes sense. Last year we had female, this year we have male. At least his art looks amazing, absolutely monstrous.

Fallen Lyon looks awesome, and also kinda specific. He looks like he absolutely owns his niche, but I'm not sure about elsewhere. That battle animation slaps tho.

Fallen Julia is equally as cool. Wonder if that B skill is inheritable.

Ashnard is epic, glad he's the free unit since he's the one I want the most.

Her B skill is not inheritable, it's already on Legendary Julia and crazy powerful even for a personal skill.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

All right, so, I went back and found the trailer in question.

Start at about 10:55 and watch for a couple of seconds to the end of that section.

Draw your own conclusions from what is exactly said, but from my interpretation it sounded like every banner from now on will have this type of 4-star focus stuff. I suppose the real question is to ask what was said in the Japanese version.

I mean, I might be making too big of a deal about this, but I'm not giving IS an inch here because you know that if we excuse it they'll go back on their word more often and make more fallen-style banners where they just don't demote anyone because "fuck you guys feeeeeeh".

Yeah, that's how I remembered it too. Seems really sketchy.

Judging by the comments I may be one of the few that really likes the fallen theme. I find it more interesting than most of the seasonal stuff. Anyways, onto the banner itself:

Fallen M!Corrin kinda wants to be a better version of his female counterpart with the Tier 4 solo and having a Guard effect on his weapon on top of the easy extra stats. However, he's blue which makes him a lot weaker...or that's what it would seem at first glance. Being a Gen 4 infantry means he's going to have very disgusting stats, and judging by his Atk/Spd solo he's going to be fast...really fast. 

F!Lyon is anti ranged units. I don't know how great of a thing that is with all the mixed teams going around these days. But hey, at least now we have someone to laugh at L!Alm/L!Celica, I guess. 

F!Julia...she wins in terms of design for me. As a unit...ehhh. It'll depend on her stat spread, but from her skillset she's going to be very comparable to Kiria (minus the support capabilities, of course). 

Berserk RD!Ike. Now that's one unit I didn't expect to see ever, considering it lasted for like 5 seconds. Then again, the Corrins also lasted for almost no time. His skillset screams he's going to be speedy, at the very least a little below V!Ike. His Prf is...wow! Just wow! DC and gets stronger if he gets debuffed is nuts. Now this is a unit that's going to thrive in AR for those that saved orbs forever and whales. Mayhem Aether is the same as Radiant Aether, just worded differently, so no need to freak out about that.

And lastly, Ashnard as a GHB. I don't particularly care about him, but hopefully he'll be strong and have his Prf whose name I can't recall.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I actually don't like the concept of fallen Ike. It's sad because...well, he touched the medallion and is about to go on a killing spree like his dad did. But I love Ike so much that I can't say no to an Ike alt, especially an RD Ike one!

Are you kidding? It’s that kind of tragedy, angst, and edge that I LIVE for!!! I love these banners for that very reason. It’s so edgy in all the right ways and it’s beautiful. Also no Risen King Chrom am very disappointed!!!

Edited by Ottservia

I will use the tickets for green and skip.  This is a meh banner for me, but then I don't really like fallen heroes with Hardin being the exception.  GHB Ashnard makes up for the banner, he had better be a flying sword if he has any other weapon I will be very unhappy because they had better not screw up one of my favorite villains.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

1. I guess you haven't played Tellius? Fallen Ike is a what-if situation since he never actually went berserk in either of his games.

Well I've played Tellius, but since Ike never actually went berserk I never thought of him doing that. Also since you literally state that Ike cannot go berserk if he touches it, that kinda makes the "what-if" scenario impossible. 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's based on how Tellius's Fire Emblem, Lehran's Medallion, makes anyone other than Mist and Ike and Mist's mom Elena go berserk if they touch it.

I'm pretty sure they said that Ike couldn't touch it, or maybe he just has Mist keep onto it because it's distracting in battle.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

2. Well, the reason Greg Chun doesn't "emote" much as Ike until now is because Ike is stoic and blunt. He just doesn't have a lot of emotion.

You can be stoic and blunt and not sound like Samus from Other M. Also, Ike may be stoic and blunt, but he still has fun. He can be a bit of a sarcastic git. If Greg just emoted a little more, like he does here, I'd have no complaints. But otherwise, it just sounds flat.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Her B skill is not inheritable, it's already on Legendary Julia and crazy powerful even for a personal skill.

Ah, that sucks. Thanks for telling me.

Just now, Alexmender said:

Judging by the comments I may be one of the few that really likes the fallen theme. I find it more interesting than most of the seasonal stuff. Anyways, onto the banner itself:

I prefer Fallen to a seasonal banner, but that wasn't the question here. This wasn't a seasonal slot.

Finally!!! Male Corrin got has Fallen Variation!! I think I will start picking up Heroes again. Unfortunately, I’m low on orbs, but I have all of Act 3 to pick up all the orbs for Fallen Corrin.

20 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I legit can't remember the exact words they used. Maybe I'll go back and look.

Anyway, I never expected things like CYL banners to have demotions, but I don't think there's a particular good reason for fallen banners to not have a drop. It just feels like IS randomly went "we don't wanna lol" and we just accepted it because ????? I was hoping this meant either no fallen banner or they'll be forced to drop someone from the fallen banner.

I do. It would sound kind of silly for a character to be like, "All this power is mine...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"--3* unit; though I guess that rule is broken for the GHB Fallen units, especially for Takumi due to the structure of the mode, but oh well. I always 5* my Infernal GHB reward units anyway. I can't have all the answers.

P.S. Like with Wendee Lee, I can't get over such evil quotes coming from the voices of Cam Clarke and Greg Chun--especially given the previous incarnations of Male Corrin. It hurts. He sounds like he just wants a hug!!!

P.S.S. We now have the Fates Trinity of Julias: Revelation, Birthright, and Conquest!

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

Just now, DarthR0xas said:

Well I've played Tellius, but since Ike never actually went berserk I never thought of him doing that. Also since you literally state that Ike cannot go berserk if he touches it, that kinda makes the "what-if" scenario impossible. 

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's based on how Tellius's Fire Emblem, Lehran's Medallion, makes anyone other than Mist and Ike and Mist's mom Elena go berserk if they touch it.

I'm pretty sure they said that Ike couldn't touch it, or maybe he just has Mist keep onto it because it's distracting in battle.

What? That's not what I said. I said Ike and Mist's mom could safely touch it. Not that Ike himself can. You misread my words.

Anyway, no one else finds it funny that three out of the four breath skills were debuted by Ike now? lol I think it's amusing and cool and yet ironic because the one breath skill he didn't introduce is Fierce Breath, the Atk based one. lol

Then IS should be clear that certain banners are exempt to the 4-star rule to begin with. Again, they're the ones who want to make big fancy announcements for new changes in how rarities will be in banners from now on? Then they can make it clear that some banners are still exempt to it instead of making us find out on our own.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

And lastly, Ashnard as a GHB. I don't particularly care about him, but hopefully he'll be strong and have his Prf whose name I can't recall.

Gurgurant. Yeah, if he doesn't have this, then I will go what the actual fuck. xP

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Then IS should be clear that certain banners are exempt to the 4-star rule to begin with. Again, they're the ones who want to make big fancy announcements for new changes in how rarities will be in banners from now on? Then they can make it clear that some banners are still exempt to it instead of making us find out on our own.

Oh yeah, I agree with this.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I legit can't remember the exact words they used. Maybe I'll go back and look.

Anyway, I never expected things like CYL banners to have demotions, but I don't think there's a particular good reason for fallen banners to not have a drop. It just feels like IS randomly went "we don't wanna lol" and we just accepted it because ????? I was hoping this meant either no fallen banner or they'll be forced to drop someone from the fallen banner.

yeah. every fallen always had that one skill that made them 5* exclusive but they were never really "5* exclusive" worthy. (In my opinion)

Unlike most, I love the Fallen theme since it is a big thread in fire emblem.
I really like Julia, Lyon aka Seteth is always welcome in my Barracks, and more importantly - he brings the 2nd ever Null C Disrupt (which you could actually kill him w/o wasting DC from a Nailah) i will have to be ready for his Legendary debut so i can try to get a few copies of that for those who could soak  it up

Ike is a big fat megh but it brings the third Repel. (they didn't have to make it repel, they could have made the lunge/other thing version), but now i guess we can have a "Heroes with Spd Reduction Skills" banner - pretty good if you just want the skill. 

Corrin... honestly, they would have been better served making both of them last year, and having Fallen Gunter or something. 

Verdict: red/green but no fishing
none of these are worth wasting orbs on right now. 

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's so weird they decide for Ike instead of Greil. "Possesed" Greil is actually canon.

Well, Ike would make a ton more money due to his popularity, and like I'd said before, two Greil alts before OG Greil? That's even more weird imo.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I prefer Fallen to a seasonal banner, but that wasn't the question here. This wasn't a seasonal slot.

Being honest, that's a plus for me. Unlikely as it is, getting these guys as pity breakers and showing up in skill banners is a lot better than shoving them to limited slots where you get that "Get it now or wait a whole year to see them again". 

Anwyays, it isn't like seasonal banners don't get in the way of New heroes. The Picnic and Hot Springs banners came out of nowhere and stole* the place of a normal banner. 

*Stole as in people's perceptions, IS already had those things planned for that specific time and weren't going to change their plans regardless of how much backlash they generated. 

Finally! Time to use the 1,400 orbs I have been saving. Been looking for a new tank in AR. Ike will be great. Only downside is him being red, but I can work with it. Julia will provide plenty of Pulse Smoke fodder. Lyon will be a great tech option if I get him.

2 minutes ago, BigBandit said:

Finally! Time to use the 1,400 orbs I have been saving. Been looking for a new tank in AR. Ike will be great. Only downside is him being red, but I can work with it. Julia will provide plenty of Pulse Smoke fodder. Lyon will be a great tech option if I get him.

Julia has Panic Smoke, not Pulse Smoke.

But it's also a pretty good skill.