New Heroes Arrive! Dark Burdens (May 8th)

Anacybele

I just sent some feedback to Heroes, chewing them out for their wording on 4-star rarities on the FEH channel. Because, like, I'm not necessarily upset this banner doesn't have a drop, but it's the principle. If they imply that all new heroes and special heroes banners going forward will have a 4-star focus without any note saying that there will be exceptions to this, I'll hold them to it.

Sad thing is, they could totally classify things like Fallen and CYL as a third type of banner, a "what-if" type of banner or something, I guess, with some fancy title that's not "new" or "special" heroes and they'd be immediately exempt from demotions. Fallen, Adrift, and CYL (and Farfetched but I think that's dead now) haven't demoted anyone, and all three of them are a type of "what if" banner anyway, so, I mean. It works.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've decided I can't be upset in any way with this. My love for Ike and his RD self in particular is too strong and overpowering! ❤️ 😛 

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Julia has Panic Smoke, not Pulse Smoke.

But it's also a pretty good skill.

Well shoot. That changes things. Probably just go for a couple instead of going all in then.

Random fact: it has been 6 months since the last male dominated New Heroes banner. November had the Sacred Stones banner with Duo Ephraim and Lyon, Ewan, Gerik, 3* Ross, GHB Cormag and only a Tethys as the sole female unit and also the "sucky" 4* demote.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

We're powercreeping solo skills.

Not that badly. It's just a +1 increase and nothing else like with with Bond 3 being X/Y+5 to Bond 4 being X/Y+7 and neutralizing penalties on X/Y stats. It makes sense since Solo skills are easier to use than Bonds, work on both phases compared to Blows or Stances, and don't lower the user's Def/Res which can be good or bad depending on the unit and strategy, but maybe +8 would have been okay or even neutralizing penalties on those stats.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Ike has a DC weapon that does extra shit and he's not a legendary or a dragon.

Berserk Ike is special, though.

The other effect it has doesn't sit right for me. It's a stronger version of CYL Micaiah's Light of Dawn's and Saizo's Star's Penalty Doubler: "Grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat = current penalty on each of target's stats. Calculates each stat bonus independently." Berserk Ike's Chaos Ragnell has the same effect, but multiples the bonus by two; "Grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat = current penalty on each of unit's stats x 2. Calculates each stat bonus independently." So, I guess if it were to be called Penalty Doubler as it does the opposite of Bonus Doubler and to follow Bonus Doubler format, then what Micaiah and Saizo have would have is Penalty Doubler 3 on their weapon while Berserk Ike's Chaos Ragnell has Penalty Doubler 4. An aside, but using Chaos Ragnell, in addition to knowing what Bonus Doubler 4 will do, we could guess a possibility for Exalted Falchion if and when Hero-King Marth is part of weapon update and that is Exalted Falchion gains Bonus Doubler 4 as an upgraded effect for any refinement or as a unique refinement.

For Saizo, you could argue it's whatever since he's a gen 1 unit and him along with other gen 1 units like Lloyd, Luke, arguably Frederick and Oboro, etc. getting screwed over doesn't matter. CYL Micaiah on the other hand, yeah... I'm guessing that when CYL3 eventually ends up being part of a weapon update that Light of Dawn's effect will be upgraded to Chaos Ragnell. Saizo won't have that luxury.

Another thing that doesn't sit well with me is what Greil's Devoted Ike started and that is new versions of a unit having a personal skill their old selves, particularly legendary or mythic versions of themselves, either introduced or don't have at all. In this case, it's possessed? Julia having legendary Julia's Light and Dark. It just feels weird because usually they were legendary or a mythic hero, so it's supposed to be special, but then it's not.

Vanguard Ike had Radiant Aether as his personal special for being a legendary unit, then GD Ike was introduced having it. Berserk Ike essentially has Radiant Aether as Mayhem Aether has the same effects. I guess for story reason it would make sense for PoR Ike not to have it, but then GD Ike has it and he's based on his PoR self.

Hero-King Marth was introduced with Fire Emblem and Binding Shield where Binding Shield remains his exclusive passive. Marth & Elice has Fire Emblem and kid Marth's Hero's Blood has the same effects as Fire Emblem.

At the start of January, Alfonse & Sharena was introduced with Open the Future where Lif was immediately introduced at the end of the month and had Open the Future in addition to having his own unique passive, Deadly Balance. This one is a case of seasonal unit introducing a personal special that a later mythic version has.

It being inconsistent is another issue. Legendary Alm was introduced with Lunar Flash, but CYL Alm who was introduced after his legendary self does not have Lunar Flash while Alm & Celica do. Would it have been crazy for CYL Alm to have Lunar Flash and Scendscale? With all the monsters running about, it's just another monster.

It's probably not possible, but if this is something they are going to do, then it might be nice if all versions of the character can access -- if they can like New Year's and healer Fjorm being ranged units can't use Ice Mirror -- whatever personal skill they are letting new versions have. That is to say, all versions of Alm have Lunar Flash, all versions of Ike have Radiant Aether, all versions of Marth have Fire Emblem, etc.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

DC REFINES WHEN?????

They haven't done this for a while, but with Chaos Ragnell's effects, PoR Ike and vanguard Ike gaining the ability to wield Chaos Ragnell might be even better than hoping for the ability to refine Ragnell.

Edit: Read Chaos Ragnell's effects wrong and thought it said "on each of target's stats" when it's "on each of unit's stats".

Edited by Kaden

Eh, I'm not really interested in this year's Fallen Heroes. I think I will just use my tickets on green and hope next month's new heroes banner has something more interesting. Maybe Ashnard will at least carry some good fodder skills.

Corrin and Lyon are nice, but red is the star of this banner for me. I'm obliged to pull for Julia so her other versions can keep her company, not to mention she's also a very strong unit. Automatic follow-ups against most enemies in the game? I'd immediately slap Desperation on her if Light and Dark wasn't so good. As for Ike, he's almost definitely going to replace his Legendary counterpart in my GHB/MHB team. Repel combined with an inevitably ridiculous Speed stat is just begging for B!Lucina's buffs to make him even more invincible.

I'm definitely going until the free 5*, although I don't think I have the orbs for much more than that. Fortunately reds are generally abundant.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Berserk Ike is special, though.

The other effect it has doesn't sit right for me. It's a stronger version of CYL Micaiah's Light of Dawn's and Saizo's Star's Penalty Doubler: "Grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat = current penalty on each of target's stats. Calculates each stat bonus independently." Berserk Ike's Chaos Ragnell has the same effect, but multiples the bonus by two; "Grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat = current penalty on each of target's stats x 2. Calculates each stat bonus independently." So, I guess if it were to be called Penalty Doubler as it does the opposite of Bonus Doubler and to follow Bonus Doubler format, then what Micaiah and Saizo have would have is Penalty Doubler 3 on their weapon while Berserk Ike's Chaos Ragnell has Penalty Doubler 4. An aside, but using Chaos Ragnell, in addition to knowing what Bonus Doubler 4 will do, we could guess a possibility for Exalted Falchion if and when Hero-King Marth is part of weapon update and that is Exalted Falchion gains Bonus Doubler 4 as an upgraded effect for any refinement or as a unique refinement.

Correction: it's actually "current penalty on each of unit's stats", basically like a built-in Harsh Command. Nowhere near as busted as what you're talking about.

3 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

Correction: it's actually "current penalty on each of unit's stats", basically like a built-in Harsh Command. Nowhere near as busted as what you're talking about.

Miss a word and make yourself look dumber than the dung from a donkey.

In that case and it was probably noted by someone else, Berserk Ike would be a good teammate to Thrasir.

DB!M!Corrin is nice, although being colored is not so good. Atk/Spd Solo could have been stronger, although I guess they want to balance it out between Life and Death and Swift Sparrow.

DB!Lyon is neat for countering Infantry Pulse teams, although he probably still cannot take on a whole Infantry Pulse team by himself.

DB!Julia looks really good for clearing Abyssal content with guaranteed doubles. I will swap out Light and Dark for Desperation. I will be doing full summons to get my guaranteed DB!Julia.

DB!Ike looks really good. No more worrying about Panic and debuffs! Darting Breath is good too, and if I get multiple copies of him, I think I will set some copies aside for my loli dragons that I have kept putting off building for so long.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

They haven't done this for a while, but with Chaos Ragnell's effects, PoR Ike and vanguard Ike gaining the ability to wield Chaos Ragnell might be even better than hoping for the ability to refine Ragnell.

Yeah, reversing debuffs is an extremely powerful effect. Far stronger than a simple debuff nullification. Not sure if he will be as bonkers as BH!Ike in Aether Raids, but it seems possible.

DB!Ike as a super tank will have debuff reversal, Special charge rate increase, buff nullification (Lull), Guard (Pulse Smoke), and Swift Stance or Atk Smoke on Sacred Seal slot. He can also run with BK!Eliwood and not worry about getting debuffed. You are screwed whether you debuff or Panic him or not.

I am not sure if Swordbreaker Reinhardt can handle him, but maybe they will consider giving him Bold Fighter Refinement or something.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I just thought of this, but since we're getting an Ike alt and Ashnard on this banner, I suppose that means the likelihood of a Tellius banner in June is low now.

I wouldn't say that's true. This isn't a true Tellius banner and we haven't had a true one in ages. PoR in particular hasn't had one since freaking 2017! We're long overdue there.

I'm going to be mad if we have to wait a bunch more months for a real Tellius banner.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wouldn't say that's true. This isn't a true Tellius banner and we haven't had a true one in ages. PoR in particular hasn't had one since freaking 2017! We're long overdue there.

I'm going to be mad if we have to wait a bunch more months for a real Tellius banner.

I wouldn't say it's entirely true, either. But, since they're giving us the main antagonist of PoR now instead of on an actual Tellius banner, I'm kinda feeling a Gharnef situation where he just randomly comes and then the next banner isn't even Archanea related.

corrin is the most interesting out of the banner imho. RD Ike alt is cool and all but i think i'd still love my f2p RD Ike and Brave Ike more than this one, so pass on Ike.

3 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I can't believe they based an entire alt on a Cipher card.

That implies that L!Micaiah will probably be based on cipher art as well especially when her third tier outfit was used for Brave Heroes. 

Easy skip. I love the concept of fallen heroes, but the line up this year pales in comparison to previous years.

Male Corrin's artwork is great though, and i'm glad they're balancing both genders.

Lyon is one that I know a lot of people wanted, but I've never really been interested in him.

Julia and Ike...eh.

It's a shame Risen King Chrom isn't here. Maybe next year?

9 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I wouldn't say it's entirely true, either. But, since they're giving us the main antagonist of PoR now instead of on an actual Tellius banner, I'm kinda feeling a Gharnef situation where he just randomly comes and then the next banner isn't even Archanea related.

There are still other options left for Tellius GHB units though. Petrine, Bertram, Bryce, Jarod, Sephiran, Lekain, etc. Bryce is my most wanted in that category now, personally. I can also see Shinon as one, but I'd prefer him be a banner unit.

Edited by Anacybele

So, I LOVE Fallen Heroes, and my reaction's a bit...mixed. In some ways, Ike's art is kind of cool. In other ways, I dunno. Not really into it, and that disappoints me. Kind of funny how everyone seems to want to be away from other heroes, but Ike actually benefits from being near allies and just having stat penalties (which is interesting and kind of great.) Further, my initial impression at seeing Fallen Male Corrin is "well, that's a bit of a cop-out, since we already have the female version." But by the end of it, he's the one that sticks out to me the most, for some reason. Julia's kit is cool; it reflects other skills she and her twin have had in the past, which I appreciate. That said, I'm kind of "nod and move on" regarding her. I keep forgetting about Lyon. XD Though he's really appropriate for this banner, I wish he was a red beast unit for this incarnation. Also, I would care a LOT more about Fallen Lyon if I finished my FE8 playthroughs.

So...I don't know. I DO wish that I had orbs saved up for this. Been pulling for Picnic Flora and Picnic Lukas (got pity broken by Fallen Mareeta, semi-ironically.)

But dang, I don't know if I'll be able to save up enough orbs to get a free unit off of this, as much as I'd like to.

Edit: And Ashnard is finally coming to Heroes! Yay! 😄

Edit again: Ah, also, I guess I'm a bit disappointed that the Medallion-holder here is Ike instead of Griel. Ike never touches the medallion because he was warned so harshly as a kid not to. I don't see why he would take it from Mist/whoever, unless it was going to fall down a chasm or something. It just feels awkward. I really wish Griel had been the one on this banner instead, since he actually did touch the medallion at one point.

Edited by Mercakete

53 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I just sent some feedback to Heroes, chewing them out for their wording on 4-star rarities on the FEH channel. Because, like, I'm not necessarily upset this banner doesn't have a drop, but it's the principle. If they imply that all new heroes and special heroes banners going forward will have a 4-star focus without any note saying that there will be exceptions to this, I'll hold them to it.

Sad thing is, they could totally classify things like Fallen and CYL as a third type of banner, a "what-if" type of banner or something, I guess, with some fancy title that's not "new" or "special" heroes and they'd be immediately exempt from demotions. Fallen, Adrift, and CYL (and Farfetched but I think that's dead now) haven't demoted anyone, and all three of them are a type of "what if" banner anyway, so, I mean. It works.

well... i mean. I took it to mean that any banner that would have a demote, would have a demote 4/5* 
i never would have thought that Fallen, Farfetched and CYL would have a 4* demote. (and I wouldn't even assume that CYL would have 40th guarantee pull because you already have the automatic free choice). 

22 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I can't believe they based an entire alt on a Cipher card.

Yeah, but the reverse has happened a number of times in Cipher from my understanding (there's a card for Hot Spring Ryoma, Spring Lucina, Spring Sharena, etc.). 

I don't see the problem with Heroes returning the favor particularly when Cipher is set to end soon.

1 hour ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

P.S.S. We now have the Fates Trinity of Julias: Revelation, Birthright, and Conquest!

I never thought of it that way.  And it's hilarious.

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

Random fact: it has been 6 months since the last male dominated New Heroes banner. November had the Sacred Stones banner with Duo Ephraim and Lyon, Ewan, Gerik, 3* Ross, GHB Cormag and only a Tethys as the sole female unit and also the "sucky" 4* demote.

That's way too long!  But I'm just glad that there's a lot of guys on this banner!

---

Speaking of, I'm super-pumped for Corrin/Lyon for my personal reasons, and eh on Julia/Ike.  This is a great fodder banner, though.

13 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well... i mean. I took it to mean that any banner that would have a demote, would have a demote 4/5* 
i never would have thought that Fallen, Farfetched and CYL would have a 4* demote. (and I wouldn't even assume that CYL would have 40th guarantee pull because you already have the automatic free choice). 

Yeah, but if IS wants to word things a certain way I'm going to hold them to it. Or they should be clearer about whether there will be exceptions and what banners there will be exceptions for. Even if we can correctly assume certain things, it's still their responsibility to make announcements about changes accurately. Because if you let them slide, they are going to just continue taking advantage of it and try to get away with more and more things.