New Heroes Arrive! Dark Burdens (May 8th)

Anacybele

Julia seems to have a tome version of Amyr kind of interesting that they put her so soon after Edelgards release. You would think they wait a little longer before they do a tome version of a legendary hero's weapon. Heck Edelgard's banner is still up even.

Edited by vikingsfan92

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There are still other options left for Tellius GHB units though. Petrine, Bertram, Bryce, Jarod, Sephiran, Lekain, etc. Bryce is my most wanted in that category now, personally. I can also see Shinon as one, but I'd prefer him be a banner unit.

That is true, and it's why I wouldn't say we're 100% not getting a Tellius banner in June. I just got a feeling.

Fallen!M-Corrin: Worst of the units on this banner, but not bad by any means. If nothing else, he serves as Atk/Spd Solo 4 fodder. A lot of units will appreciate that, I say.

Sexy!Lyon: Put him behind Fortress (D) and he's basically invincible. He might as well be Magic B!Ike, but specialized against ranged units.
In fact, he doesn't even need Null C-Disrupt. What's a healer going to do , tickle him to death? Give this boi Vantage and he'll be punching everyone into water towers for days.

Fallen!Julia: So...Dark Scripture + Light and Dark. If your name isn't Naga, you ain't living through shit here. I'm just happy I built my Brave!Lucina to +20, because otherwise I'd have a Bad Time in Arena and AR. That Atk/Res Solo 4 and Panic Smoke 3 are really desirable too...if I end up getting more than 1 copy of Fallen!Julia in my hunt for Sexy!Lyon, you bet your sweet ass I'm putting the Tier 4 skill on Legendary!Micaiah.

Fallen!Ike: Ike if he was corrupted by Lehran's Medallion Surtr's armor, and obtained massive amounts of BRRRRRAIN DAMAGE! Being serious, that Chaos Ragnell is a thing of beauty. Give him Bonus Doubler to replace Darting Stance, and he'll be set.
Oh...and I'm not sure if anyone said this yet, but Fallen!Ike and Thrasir benefit off of each other. Thrasir takes care of Fallen!Ike's weakness to blue, and Fallen!Ike converts Thrasir's weapon's debuff into an All+4 buff.

Though my wallet's going to be screaming at me...I'm summoning on this banner. I'll be satisfied getting Lyon or Ike, but I'd like to have both if possible. I daresay that I'll probably end up summoning enough to get the free unit, if my bad luck sticks as it has been.

First they release Legendary Edelgard and said banner gives me only a Celica and a 10.00 pity rate, then they release Fallen with Julia on it and she shares with Ike the star of the banner. I wonder if the mythic will be Anankos or Ashera just to make me suffer even more. I want to save orbs to +10 Brave Edelgard but IS releases my favourites one after the other. 

Regardless this banner is interesting but boring at the same time, Corrin is a blue copy of Female with guard and I have to say that being Colourless has saved her countless times so I am reluctant on blue as many new threats are green. Lyon is purely anti ranged which is not a Niche I like. Julia is one of my favourites and I like her the most as a unit and character our of all of them. Dark Scripture, Rally Atk/Def+, Noontime, Close Foil, Light and Dark, Atk smoke or Panic smoke and an enemy phase seal (I have a spare midori Manual just for something like this) . She would be perfect and with the 40 summon thing it will be no problem at all. Ike is also really good and I could see him being really useful due to his incredibly good skillset that has nearly everything. I will do the 135 summons to get any units and the free one will be Julia as I truly want her and I want to be guaranteed to get her. 

Skipping the Bridal and Beach banners is not that hard as in the 3 years of playing Fae I have never spent more the 20 orbs on these banners. Also few new heroes banners can really catch my attention during the summer where Brave will be coming, so the damage can be mitigated I just have to completely skip the Legendary and Mythic banners as they are complete bait and waste my orbs most of the times. 

Edited by SuperNova125

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I guess you haven't played Tellius? Fallen Ike is a what-if situation since he never actually went berserk in either of his games. It's based on how Tellius's Fire Emblem, Lehran's Medallion, makes anyone other than Mist and Ike and Mist's mom Elena go berserk if they touch it. Greil once mistakenly touched it and went mad. He would've made a bit more sense here, but of course, his son is mega popular and it would also be silly to include two alt Greils before the regular one is in.

Thank you for the explanation. I too was confused, despite having played Radiant Dawn. I'm guessing there were Cipher cards that made this more clear or something?

Anyway, another Fallen Banner is fine, but probably a skip for me since for the next two weeks or so I'll still be trying to +10 Young Caeda. Fallen Julia is nifty though, might have to send a few orbs her way!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

2. Well, the reason Greg Chun doesn't "emote" much as Ike until now is because Ike is stoic and blunt. He just doesn't have a lot of emotion. But going berserk, he's gonna show some more anger and rage.

This is almost right, except for the bolded part. He feels very deeply; he just doesn't express himself emotionally very well...except in zerk mode, as makes sense.

Edit: Also, the medallion only zerks people who aren't extremely order-aligned. So, herons, Elena, and Mist (and presumably Altina and maybe Ashera, seeing as Ashera is completely devoid of chaos.)

Edited by Mercakete

30 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Edit again: Ah, also, I guess I'm a bit disappointed that the Medallion-holder here is Ike instead of Griel. Ike never touches the medallion because he was warned so harshly as a kid not to. I don't see why he would take it from Mist/whoever, unless it was going to fall down a chasm or something. It just feels awkward. I really wish Griel had been the one on this banner instead, since he actually did touch the medallion at one point.

It could happen in future, but I guess they wanted to use Ike who they could load with stupid stuff considering he has Ragnell which they upgraded to Chaos Ragnell for his berserk self and they gave him Radiant Aether in Heroes which berserk Ike has with Mayhem Aether.

Greil at that point in time still used swords, right? Not sure if he had a personal sword and I don't think he ever used Ragnell. They would have to make up something which if they didn't want to, then I guess they could have him use Regal Sword which would have effective damage against armor and cavalry or maybe Ettard which doesn't have any effects. That's if they want him to use swords because if not, then they could straight up give him Urvan either as it is now or a corrupted version of it.

Edit: Fallen Lyon's art reminds me of Final Fantasy. I'm not sure who, but I feel like it might be someone from Final Fantasy XII that I'm reminded of.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

It could happen in future, but I guess they wanted to use Ike who they could load with stupid stuff considering he has Ragnell which they upgraded to Chaos Ragnell for his berserk self and they gave him Radiant Aether in Heroes which berserk Ike has with Mayhem Aether.

Greil at that point in time still used swords, right? Not sure if he had a personal sword and I don't think he ever used Ragnell. They would have to make up something which if they didn't want to, then I guess they could have him use Regal Sword which would have effective damage against armor and cavalry or maybe Ettard which doesn't have any effects. That's if they want him to use swords because if not, then they could straight up give him Urvan either as it is now or a corrupted version of it.

I know why they chose him of Griel, but I still wish that they chose Griel instead. Now it seems extremely unlikely that Griel will get a medallion alt. 😞

You have a good point about his weapon, though. He specifically used a sword during that time, and took up Urvan after he cut his tendons so that he couldn't use a sword again. Though he could use any sword (since they could just chaos-ize it due to the medallion), I really am not sure what sword they would give him. I'm not sure if he'd used Ragnell before, but I don't think he did, or the Black Knight would have probably used Ragnell's name when he gave it to him to use in PoR. Also, I'd imagine Griel would have had a stronger reaction to it than he did when "presented" with it.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, but if IS wants to word things a certain way I'm going to hold them to it. Or they should be clearer about whether there will be exceptions and what banners there will be exceptions for. Even if we can correctly assume certain things, it's still their responsibility to make announcements about changes accurately. Because if you let them slide, they are going to just continue taking advantage of it and try to get away with more and more things.

well again. I never would have assumed that a banner that never had a demote- would have a demote, even if every banner were to have a 4-* hero focus.  It's just more  i suppose stuff like this should be assumed. Why would a banner like this one (Farfetched, and CYL) have a 4* demote. when those banners never had a demote. I don't think i would need them to clarify something... we already fundementally should know regardless of their whole "We're having a 4* demote"

and - okay say this banner did have a 4* demote. every single one of these units have full kits. meaning if one was the demote, they wouldn't be as good and not have the fodder at all, and people would complain that about lack of prfs, and lack of whatever-ness. 

So i guess at the end of the day - i don't see it as "sliding" or taking advantage or them getting away with things, or needing it to be explained either. however i guess i can also sort of see it from your point of view. i think it really depends specifically how IntSys said it to begin with. 

Having a Fallen Ike is kind of weird, at least at this age. The others are all at least canon appearances. They could have instead introduced Bertram/Renning, but I guess they wanted a bigger money-maker.

Not really interested in anything from this banner personally.

EDIT: Oh yeah, they could have used Greil. That would have been pretty cool.

Edited by Florete

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and - okay say this banner did have a 4* demote. every single one of these units have full kits. meaning if one was the demote, they wouldn't be as good and not have the fodder at all, and people would complain that about lack of prfs, and lack of whatever-ness.

I don't care if he comes with only his weapon -- I just wanted Fallen Griel. ;-; To be clear, I'm fine with IS not having a demote (I didn't expect one) but my gut reaction was "An open spot? I DON'T CARE IF IT'S STATISTICALLY NOT AS GOOD; I'LL TAKE IT!" XD Though, admittedly, it doesn't make sense for Fallen Griel to NOT have crazy stats. I mean, he did kind of massacre tons of people while powered by the medallion, right? Pretty sure it's canon that the medallion doesn't just make you go crazy, but it powers you up as well.

Edited by Mercakete

13 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I know why they chose him of Griel, but I still wish that they chose Griel instead. Now it seems extremely unlikely that Griel will get a medallion alt. 😞

You have a good point about his weapon, though. He specifically used a sword during that time, and took up Urvan after he cut his tendons so that he couldn't use a sword again. Though he could use any sword (since they could just chaos-ize it due to the medallion), I really am not sure what sword they would give him. I'm not sure if he'd used Ragnell before, but I don't think he did, or the Black Knight would have probably used Ragnell's name when he gave it to him to use in PoR. Also, I'd imagine Griel would have had a stronger reaction to it than he did when "presented" with it.

Greil definitely did not have access to Ragnell. Ragnell and Alondite are sacred treasures of Begnion which is why the Black Knight had access to them.

Here is the photo of the sword he used, definitely not Ragnell: POR spoilers

6 minutes ago, BigBandit said:

Greil definitely did not have access to Ragnell. Ragnell and Alondite are sacred treasures of Begnion which is why the Black Knight had access to them.

Here is the photo of the sword he used, definitely not Ragnell: POR spoilers

Thanks; I couldn't remember entirely clearly. That's still a nice sword, though. Definitely a two-hander, and roughly the same size as Ragnell/Alondite, so it could be a special sword that, perhaps Griel used before this particular incident. There's no reason why IS couldn't give him this sword.

Man... So tragic... Elena was a very brave woman. ... I will continue to vote for her every CYL until she gets in the game.

Edited by Mercakete

Lyon seems to have:

40HP / 39 Atk / ~18-20 SPd / 32 Def / ~31-33 RES

The Res and Spd stat are guesses from his old GHB spread he had. Seems fairly bulky to me. Considering he reduces Damage by 50% anyway from all ranged sources lol

Lehran's Medallion is strong in this one...

~Corrin... well, he's probably gonna have similar stats to Fallen F!Corrin, but he is completely beefed up. The weapon is even the same, but with an additional Guard effect on it...

~Lyon having Sol confuses me, but hey I'm not the dark prince here. Anyway, he straight up HAS 50% damage reduction. No Repel, no skill triggers... if the foe is ranged, hello you're damage is cut in half. Also Colorless advantage, why not. He doesn't seem THAT threatening though... I mean, I throw melee units at ranged foes.

~Julia gets a follow-up against foes who DON'T have effective against dragons... why? She's probably not gonna compare exactly to her Legendary variant, but having Light and Dark is pretty scary anyway...

~Hey didn't they make a card out of Lehran Ike? Yeah they did, didn't they! That's neat.
So he just... gets Harsh Command status permanently because of Chaos Ragnell. Also another reskinned skill, this time Radiant Aether vs Mayhem Aether. Also Darting Stance. Hm...

~Ashnard will definitely be a thing. But with him, that makes 3 reds in this one banner... that seems a little excessive.

So two things. First off, wow Tier 4 solo skills are NOT worth it. Second, they seriously have no reason not to give DC weapons a refine at this point. I mean... lookit that thing. He doesn't even ignore debuffs, he just flat out reverses them.
I'm probably gonna skip unless I can get the 135 orbs required for the freebie together before banners end, which... maybe is doable? I doubt it though, I've exhausted every single source of free orbs available aside from Arena orbs... I'd probably pick Lyon if I can though, since colorless units are getting scarier and scarier by the day...

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So two things. First off, wow Tier 4 solo skills are NOT worth it. Second, they seriously have no reason not to give DC weapons a refine at this point. I mean... lookit that thing. He doesn't even ignore debuffs, he just flat out reverses them.
I'm probably gonna skip unless I can get the 135 orbs required for the freebie together before banners end, which... maybe is doable? I doubt it though, I've exhausted every single source of free orbs available aside from Arena orbs... I'd probably pick Lyon if I can though, since colorless units are getting scarier and scarier by the day...

Lyon is like the perfect AR unit. Because AR is heavily ranged sided he is a fantastic Defense or Offense unit, Especially in Light season.

21 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Lyon seems to have:

40HP / 39 Atk / ~18-20 SPd / 32 Def / ~31-33 RES

The Res and Spd stat are guesses from his old GHB spread he had. Seems fairly bulky to me. Considering he reduces Damage by 50% anyway from all ranged sources lol

Tough to get rid of?  Yep.  Looks like it'll take 111-113 Atk for a OHKO, if I'm reading everything right.

Though if you really want to take care of every last edge case, he'd need Deflect Missile, because I think I have someone that's ranged that can ORKO him before he can counter.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Tough to get rid of?  Yep.  Looks like it'll take 111-113 Atk for a OHKO, if I'm reading everything right.

Though if you really want to take care of every last edge case, he'd need Deflect Missile, because I think I have someone that's ranged that can ORKO him before he can counter.

how so? he takes -50% damage from all ranged attacks, not only the first one.

Just now, Hilda said:

how so? he takes -50% damage from all ranged attacks, not only the first one.

Yes, but what if it's a Brave weapon?  A certain red archer was just released.  The conditions for it are a little rough, but here's the numbers.

Midori with +Atk has 45 Atk.  Give her a Brave Bow, and she hits 52 Atk.  Double Death Blow puts her at 64.

Because Lyon is green, he'll have WTD against her.  That means she's hitting for 76 damage, twice, before he can counter. Since a single hit would normally be lethal, two halved hits will be.

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yes, but what if it's a Brave weapon?  A certain red archer was just released.  The conditions for it are a little rough, but here's the numbers.

Midori with +Atk has 45 Atk.  Give her a Brave Bow, and she hits 52 Atk.  Double Death Blow puts her at 64.

Because Lyon is green, he'll have WTD against her.  That means she's hitting for 76 damage, twice, before he can counter. Since a single hit would normally be lethal, two halved hits will be.

you need to Substract the 32 def from lyon from that 76 attack. so she is hitting for what 34 oh wait -50% 17 per hit, yeah not quite enough to kill before he counters. and this is without him using any kind of buffs A-Slots or anything like that lol

i'm generally not fond of fallen heroes banners, as in my eyes they're just another excuse to add more and more alts of already popular characters (kinda the same reason why i don't like legendary heroes)

this time, though, i must say i'm happy with what they came up with, although i don't think i'll be able to summon since i'm out of orbs as always

lyon's very very cool, his weapon kinda reminds me of nagi's breath, happy for those who were waiting for his fallen alt (although i expected him to be a green dragon/beast with formotiis, but whatever)

i thought brainwashed julia would've fit into a fallen banner very well, and turns out i was right, they actually did it: i hoped she'd be a colorless tome, just to make  the color spreading more even, but i guess they want to keep that weapon category very limited to highly premium units for a while; now it's sigurd's and seliph's time to get an alt, RIGHT INTSYS?

fallen ike's amazing, although it's strange that they created a hero in FEH based on a "what if" cipher card, but since their recent statements about Cipher, it shouldn't be much of a surprise; i'd like to get at least one copy of him, maybe with tickets

now ashnard's what i'm REALLY looking forwars to, i hope they make him justice since they refused to add him in the game for so long (although i would've preferred to see normal ashnard first)

Edited by Yexin

I really like the Fallen Hero theme, myself. I do think that M!Corrin was a waste of a precious slot considering we got the female version last year. 

I would've also preferred seeing Greil over Ike, but Ike is a cash cow and people love him, so I can understand them doing this.

Morgan would've been a cool fit as a nod to Future Past.

Since when was there a Fallen Ike exist? I don't recall remembering that happened in any of the Tellius games nor any Cipher Cards I saw recently? By the way, doesn't the Fallen Radiant Dawn Ike could possibly have touched the Medallion in a different Tellius timeline since I do recall to remember that was the only known object in Tellius as we know of that can corrupt some people depending on who touchs it since that happened to Greil and Ashnard?

Edited by King Marth 64

You know, with Ike like this, I really hope Mist's as good as her mom at medallion-snatching, 'cause if she misses, well...she doesn't stop the rampage. Poor Ike's going to be absolutely tormented if she succeeds, though, since I doubt she's escaping the same fate her mom met.

Also, for those who want Lyon but don't manage to get him, Boey's not a bad poor man's version. (I'm always throwing mine at bows. He was built to be a bow-killer, but especially colorless bows. He does okay against other colorless foes, too -- especially daggers. The one thing he really, really doesn't like is red dragons since he can't counter them and would rather have his def be hit than his res.)

@Thane

But in Future Past, wasn't Morgan not possessed? (S)he just really, really believed in his/her dark dragon parent. Completely sane, just misguided, from what I remember. Kana, on the other hand, kind of went through a similar thing to his/her parent.