New Heroes Arrive! Dark Burdens (May 8th)

Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Fallen Heroes should be a seasonal banner. This one is especially emblematic of the problem. For the first time, there are no new heroes on a New Heroes banner. It's just 4 current models with red eyes and overpowered skills.

Truly, the Fallen Heroes theme is a dud.

Calling it seasonal wouldn't be any better unless they axe an existing seasonal and give this its spot, it'd just make them harder to get.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Calling it seasonal wouldn't be any better unless they axe an existing seasonal and give this its spot, it'd just make them harder to get.

That was the implication. They should axe an existing Seasonal slot. Caugh, Picnic, caugh.

Instead they added a brand new one with the young heroes (and its disgustingly annoying Caeda).

I can’t tell if I'm excited that characters like Lyon finally get a needed alt or scared of having to face them in pve and pvp content with all that powercreep BS (i really, really despise repel 3, facing mareeta and larcei in pve is a literal pain and that won’t be different with F.Ike). At least their arts are cool but Ike looks.....more THICC than he normally is, at least to me (What happened to his waist?).

Anyway i will do the free summon and move on. I don’t think i can invest more after spending half of my savings in the legendary banner to get L.edelgard (400 orbs to only get one and she is -atk/+def,sigh, but hey, 2 tsubasas, 2 nagas and one of each green unit).

Also finally we get the mad king, though I’m worried about IS doing their thing with the male flier ghb units, don’t you dare making him a travant.

Edited by NicolaTesla&you

39 minutes ago, Etheus said:

That was the implication. They should axe an existing Seasonal slot. Caugh, Picnic, caugh.

Instead they added a brand new one with the young heroes (and its disgustingly annoying Caeda).

I'd be fine with that, although I'd still prefer having it as a New Heroes banner in that slot. I think the picnic and retro themes were actually pretty neat as one-offs, but I don't particularly want either one to become a regular thing. 

Unfortunately, the fact that this is the same slot as last year's Fallen banner suggests a pattern they may stick to. 

All in all, the only good thing to come of this banner is Ashnard, IMO. It's long past due that we got him, and an enemy phase sword flier in the f2p pool is very welcome.

33 minutes ago, NicolaTesla&you said:

I can’t tell if I'm excited that characters like Lyon finally get a needed alt or scared of having to face them in pve and pvp content with all that powercreep BS (i really, really despise repel 3, facing mareeta and larcei in pve is a literal pain and that won’t be different with F.Ike). At least their arts are cool but Ike looks.....more THICC than he normally is, at least to me (What happened to his hips?).

Anyway i will do the free summon and move on. I don’t think i can invest more after spending half of my savings in the legendary banner to get L.edelgard (400 orbs to only get one and she is -atk/+def,sigh, but hey, 2 tsubasas, 2 nagas and one of each green unit).

Also finally we get the mad king, though I’m worried about IS doing their thing with the male flier ghb units, don’t you dare making him a travant.

If they don't give Ashnard his prf that he actually has, that is an open showing of contempt for their f2p audience.

As for Repel, it's a necessary evil to counteract the absolute cancer that is Ophelia... and it still isn't good enough to reliably deal with her.

Edited by Etheus

I think the fallen heroes theme is nice to have and it doesn't do much harm as it is the only way to have these alts that at least are canonical in some form. Stuff like the bridal banner serve no purpose to me as it only is fanservice (or I am simply not aware of May being connected to brides). Also there never have been demotions from these banners, all the units have always been 5* exclusive so this is nothing new. Lastly, the GHBs always have personal weapons that are pretty solid and the units themselves always offer some utility. 

Also I had some thoughts concerning the units. Corrin might have trainee BST like his female self and end up at 178. Most Dragon Corrins and even Lilith I think had it. Ashnard hopefully is good and does not get the same treatment other GHB male wyvern riders got.

Lastly, about Ike how will the effect work with Panic? For example, he has a -7 Atk debuff from a Chill and he is also panicked, he has +5 Atk from his C slot that becomes -5 because of the panic. His base Atk will be reduced by 12 points, so will Chaos Rangel grant +24 during combat to make up for all the penalties or +14 to only fix the the chill and how will bonus doubler be affected by it? 

Edited by SuperNova125

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Was Julius born before Julia?

Not sure, but I've read Japanese doesn't really have a good way of saying saying "brother/sister" without a reference to age. If Julius ever referred to "his sister", it'd might have included "older/younger" tossed in, and I'd lean towards "younger" for male-gender bias myself.

Fallen Heroes is an eh idea after its first running, the third is overdone.

• Avatars to me are one individual with two genders, not two individuals, so Morrin needed nothing here, because Morrin is merely a plumbing swap of Forrin and no more. But this view is not shared by IS, and their list of canonical dragons is limited and they refuse to Breathalize non-Dragons on Seasonal via silly stupid noncanonical magic stuff. Sunscreen with a value of SDF 90 turning Fiora into a dragon would not be a problem to me. -Provided said sunscreen never showed up in an actual mainline FE. Leave the absurd to FEH, let it vent off the most excessive frivolities and keep the core more serious with measured side humor.
  • If they wanted to make a terrifying Julia, they'd have used her ending-only "happy" face, that was poorly drawn and I fear it.
  • I get the Cipher reference with Ike and I partly find it amusing, but not entirely.
  • Formorti!Lyon is a genuinely distinct Fallen worthy of the altization, and since the actual Demon King speaks in it and not Lyon on Eirika's mode at least, this could be considered a brand new character. 
  • Ashnard has been absent for faaaaaar too long.

2/5 good, 1/5 so-so, 2/5 bad. So I cast my own judgment.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Anyway, he straight up HAS 50% damage reduction. No Repel, no skill triggers... if the foe is ranged, hello you're damage is cut in half.

RIP Jeorge and Leo who only reduce the first hit of damage from a mage by 30%. At least Sigurd and Seliph have a chance with Divine Tyrfing eventually gaining the ability to be refined.

I'm at a point where I wonder if they will force a second refinement for units with outdated or lackluster effects. For example, hey, do you want Sanaki's Cymbeline to have more than just Drive Atk 3 and Atk/Res Flier Bond? Well, you're going to have to refine again to get -- wait for it -- Defiant Def 3! Isn't that wonderful!? Takumi would definitely like another update for Fujin Yumi.

Edited by Kaden

Ehh...I'm kinda of disappointed. If it was any other date I would find it fine since I like 4 of the 5 units that were added (you know very well who the 5th is), but tomorrow is my birthday and I was going to make a 'personal special' where I would just spend a ton of orbs on the New Heroes banner. Yeah, not sure if I want to do that on a Fallen Heroes banner. 

Man, the more I think about Lyon, the more I want him. He's so perfect for my Astra team - I've been having to choose whether to have my green unit be Fae for NCD and general tanking, Nagi for Raven effect and anti-AOE, or Ced for ranged attacks and a lack of weakness to dragon-slaying weapons. Lyon covers all three roles at once. I might have to just jump into this rather than waiting for Fjorm - I should have enough orbs for both, and Fjorm's banner will be running later anyway in case there's a conflict. (And Lyon should make it easier for Fjorm to fit onto my team.)

Julia is also pretty tempting. I think I'll pull red as well, at least initially. I'm not sure what exactly I'll do if I get her before Lyon, but I can figure that out if it comes up.

Another banner full of powerful units. Do love the art for evil Julia. Planing to use my free pull and get out of there. If this game in the future will have feral Kana(s) with 195 bst we reached the lowest point.

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

I think the fallen heroes theme is nice to have and it doesn't do much harm as it is the only way to have these alts that at least are canonical in some form. Stuff like the bridal banner serve no purpose to me as it only is fanservice (or I am simply not aware of May being connected to brides). Also there never have been demotions from these banners, all the units have always been 5* exclusive so this is nothing new. Lastly, the GHBs always have personal weapons that are pretty solid and the units themselves always offer some utility. 

Also I had some thoughts concerning the units. Corrin might have trainee BST like his female self and end up at 178. Most Dragon Corrins and even Lilith I think had it. Ashnard hopefully is good and does not get the same treatment other GHB male wyvern riders got.

Lastly, about Ike how will the effect work with Panic? For example, he has a -7 Atk debuff from a Chill and he is also panicked, he has +5 Atk from his C slot that becomes -5 because of the panic. His base Atk will be reduced by 12 points, so will Chaos Rangel grant +24 during combat to make up for all the penalties or +14 to only fix the the chill and how will bonus doubler be affected by it? 

i think it will work in the way you described ( +12 to patch the penalties and the other +12 as in combat bonus).

The last one, you mean the buffs granted by bonus doubler being hit by panic? If that’s the case, i think they will act as panicked buffs and it will work in the same way (let’s say the +5 Atk buff becomes +10 due to BD. If he is panicked, his base atk will be reduced by 17 points. I’m sure you can guess what comes next).

17 minutes ago, NicolaTesla&you said:

The last one, you mean the buffs granted by bonus doubler being hit by panic? If that’s the case, i think they will act as panicked buffs and it will work in the same way (let’s say the +5 Atk buff becomes +10 due to BD. If he is panicked, his base atk will be reduced by 17 points. I’m sure you can guess what comes next).

Bonus Doubler does not double the value of a buff, it provides a combat bonus equal to the value of the buff, and it does not apply to reversed buffs. -7 debuff and -5 reversed buff is only -12, not -17.

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Bonus Doubler does not double the value of a buff, it provides a combat bonus equal to the value of the buff, and it does not apply to reversed buffs. -7 debuff and -5 reversed buff is only -12, not -17.

Ok. Yeah, i forgot that the bonus is in combat. It wont be affected by panic and not counted by the weapon. Thank you for that.

2 hours ago, NicolaTesla&you said:

I can’t tell if I'm excited that characters like Lyon finally get a needed alt or scared of having to face them in pve and pvp content with all that powercreep BS (i really, really despise repel 3, facing mareeta and larcei in pve is a literal pain and that won’t be different with F.Ike). At least their arts are cool but Ike looks.....more THICC than he normally is, at least to me (What happened to his waist?).

DB!Lyon is not difficult to deal with since he does not pose a threat to super tanks, who are often melee units. Player Phase teams can also deal with him pretty easily via Galeforce.

Mareeta and Larcei are not great in my opinion. Reinhardt and Blade mages exist and they are cheap options too. Blárblade mages will absolutely murder both of them.

2 hours ago, NicolaTesla&you said:

There is nothing wrong with Travant, or any of the latest Grail units either. He works perfectly fine as a slow Brave flier, and he is one of the physically bulkiest lance fliers. His stat spread got Player Phase and Enemy Phase covered, so he can be used in any play style.

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

It looks at total Penalties and turns it positive. Panicked bonus buffs still counts as Penalties. Chaos Ragnell will grant Atk+24 in this scenario. Bonus Doubler will do nothing since there are no bonus buffs (the bonus buffs got Panicked and turned into Penalties, so they do not count as buffs anymore).

If we use the same example but with no Panic involved, Chaos Ragnell will provide Atk+14 and Bonus Doubler will provide +5.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

There is nothing wrong with Travant, or any of the latest Grail units either.

Sure, if you consider screwing him out of his Prf for no reason to be nothing wrong.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Sure, if you consider screwing him out of his Prf for no reason to be nothing wrong.

An exclusive Weapons provides unique flavor, but it often does not do anything role defining in most cases. There is also nothing wrong with having him use any of the inheritable lances. Brave Lance is his best Player Phase Weapon. Vanguard and Guard Lance are great for Enemy Phase builds. Slaying Lance and Reprisal Lance are also decent if you want his Enemy Phase to pack a little more punch.

If I understood things properly, bonus doubler is inactive if unit is panicked (I am just asking myself why I didn't know that despite uning said skill since September). In Ike's case bonus doubler doesn't do anything but all the penalties become buffs. 

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

An exclusive Weapons provides unique flavor, but it often does not do anything role defining in most cases. There is also nothing wrong with having him use any of the inheritable lances. Brave Lance is his best Player Phase Weapon. Vanguard and Guard Lance are great for Enemy Phase builds. Slaying Lance and Reprisal Lance are also decent if you want his Enemy Phase to pack a little more punch.

You forgot the meme option (which is also the one I went with): Ridersbane+, preferably with Lancebreaker 3.

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I wouldn't bother. Any attempt to be disatisfied with the shitty generic flier GHBs we keep getting will be met with the same regurgitated "inheritable weapons are fine and uniqueness doesn't matter" nonsense. Every. Single. Time.

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

There is nothing wrong with Travant, or any of the latest Grail units either. He works perfectly fine as a slow Brave flier, and he is one of the physically bulkiest lance fliers. His stat spread got Player Phase and Enemy Phase covered, so he can be used in any play style.

I mention travant not because he is a bad unit (quite the opposite) but being a case of IS refusing to give the character the prf weapon he wielded in the original game because reasons and im quite afraid that they will do it again with him. I should have especified that, my apologies.

27 minutes ago, XRay said:

say wut? I must have hallucinated when Aversa, Ophelia, Brave Ikes refine, Lancina Refine, Kagero Refine, the recent teleporting blue Dragon, list goes on and on. Those weapons are only flavour and dont change how those characters play at all.

10 minutes ago, NicolaTesla&you said:

I mention travant not because he is a bad unit (quite the opposite) but being a case of IS refusing to give the character the prf weapon he wielded in the original game because reasons and im quite afraid that they will do it again with him. I should have especified that, my apologies.

Ashnard is only fought with Gurgurant, and it only appears in his hands. Travant has Gungnir as his personal weapon, but he doesn't actually use it the one time you actually fight him, while Arion does. (Travant, in fact, uses a Silver Lance instead.) Those are significant differences.

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Was Julius born before Julia?

Yes.

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

say wut? I must have hallucinated when Aversa, Ophelia, Brave Ikes refine, Lancina Refine, Kagero Refine, the recent teleporting blue Dragon, list goes on and on. Those weapons are only flavour and dont change how those characters play at all.

"Often" is not countered by listing examples. It's countered by determining how many fit the criteria out of the total.