New Heroes Arrive! Dark Burdens (May 8th)

Anacybele

Since this video exists, we don't need to put talk about the units' stats under spoilers (outside of Ashnard)

Lyon looks like a sweet one-off unit; looks like a green Sophia.

Ike could be really dumb with tier 4 Bond skills outside of AR.

MCorrin: Blue color and low Res really hurts him.

Julia: Another red mage with high Res and Atk. Hope she dies easily to the Falchion units (which shouldn't be too difficult to do) if I do face her.

Spoiler

Ashnard: Wow, that's a pretty good weapon and nice statline. He could be the rare flier who could actually run DC+QR pretty well!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! A bulky sword flier. Now, can we get an axe or sword flier demote or axe cavalry demote in the future? Or at least have an axe flier introduced to the regular summoning pool?

Spoiler

Fallen Ashnard since he doesn't look like his regular self is basically a flying Garon. Similar stat spread, both have a prf weapon that neutralizes effective damage, and incidentally, both have Dragon Fang as their default special and Distant Def as their default A passive. Compared to Garon, +4 Atk, -1 Spd, +2 Def, and -1 Res.

They freaking took Mareeta's stats and slapped them onto berserk Ike. Compared to regular Mareeta, -1 HP and +1 Def. Mareeta has Killer effect and Spectrum and Null Follow-Up Solo while berserk Ike has Distant Counter and "Penalty Reverse" -- not sure what a short name could be given to its effect.

Spoiler

wow, not only the actually gave Ashnard his Gurgurant, but it also has good effects: color me surprised

i expected them not giving Gurgurant DC, so no surprises there

anyway, his kit is ok-ish, and his stats are not bad, he's a good free male wyvern rider unit overall

ike finally has enough of being speed-screwed but at the cost of some strength, imho they could've taken some res points and add them to his atk, but i get why they intentionally didn't

julia and lyon are nice as well, of course

overall, i'm pretty satisfied with these units, i'll pull red with tickets than wait and gather some orbs, i'd really like to get one of these

Edited by Yexin

WRT Ike:

Spoiler

He's Mareeta's brother from another mother or something.  The stat lines are nearly identical.

I'm still trying to figure out why Ashnard was supposedly doomed.

He's on the Fallen Banner, he wasn't going to get done half as dirty.

Everyone else is the perfect sign of powercreep. But especially Ike because Bond 4 stacks with his weapons.

They are all really good. Corrin as I said did get the boosted BST, however his res is way too bad for a defensive unit that does not get ally support so unless I get a +res I won't he investing on him regardless. Lyon is very min-maxed and that's a good thing I just don't like how he is another unit that demands QR to work efficiently as I already have too many of those however he could easily clear some AR defense teams that depend on ranged guys only. Julia is fantastic with an excellent Atk and Res stat a Spd stat she doesn't care about due to her weapon and her defense is pretty similar to her normal self but she still will receive close foil. Ike is fine, a defensive version of Mareeta. My goal is Julia and maybe Lyon, maybe then Ike as he comes with Julia and I don't care about Corrin. 

Ashnard looks amazing however I have Altina and Young Caeda so a third sword flier might be useless but I'll see. What stats does the 1st merge give? 

Edited by SuperNova125

1 minute ago, SuperNova125 said:

They are all really good. Corrin as I said did get the boosted BST, however his res is way too bad for a defensive unit that does not get ally support so unless I get a +res I won't he investing on him regardless. Lyon is very min-maxed and that's a good thing I just don't like how he is another unit that demands QR to work efficiently as I already have too many of those however he could easily clear some AR defense teams that depend on ranged guys only. Julia is fantastic with an excellent Atk and Res stat a Spd stat she doesn't care about due to her weapon and her defense is pretty similar to her normal self but she still will receive close foil. Ike is fine, a defensive version of Mareeta. My goal is Julia and maybe Lyon, maybe then Ike as he comes with Julia and I don't care about Corrin. 

Ashnard looks amazing however I have Altina and Young Caeda so a third sword flier might be useless but I'll see. What stats does the 1st merge give? 

I think it gives +1 HP +1Atk and +1 Speed(?) on top of whatever stat boost he gains with a merge.

7 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

totally missed the BST boost on Corrin. Welp even if its a trainee boost i guess we are officially entering soon Gen 5 in 3 months.
Looking forward to:
190 BST dragon armors
185 BST melee armorers
178 BST melee Infantries with exclusiv skills that turn them into Cavs
168 BST ranged infantries with instant specials
and all with exclusiv weapons that have 5 effects with a description that needs longer time to read then the Lord of the Rings trilogy!

yup totally gonna nuke them all with my Gen 1 158 BST Infatnry units and 150 BST ranged units that have 1-2 effects on their weapons!

45 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Should be +2 HP, +2 attack, +1 defense.

EDIT: Second merge will be def and res for people who merge all their initial copies together.

Edited by Humanoid

5 hours ago, BigBandit said:

A neutral IV Ike with no merges can reach 60 spd with Darting Breath, Darting Stance in the seal, a +6 buff, and summoner support. It can be increased to 69 with a boon to SPD, mergers and feathers. It gets even higher when debuffed. He can definitely double SK!Alm and ones shots Celica regardless.

The real issue is impact skills. He needs QR to guarantee a double in those situations.

EDIT: Also most SK!Alm have NFU, so he is not going to double him anyways unless he outspeeds.

Realistically, a player is not going to give Summoner Support to anyone but their super tanks, since super tanks need that stat boost the most.

SK!Alm +Spd got 40 Spd.
Merges give +4.
Flowers give +1.
Lunar Arc gives +3.
Swift Sparrow gives +7.
Swift Sparrow Sacred Seal gives +4.
Bonus Buff +6.
That totals to 65 Spd, or 73 Spd against defense teams with 2 Yunes/Líf during Earth season.

QOV!Celica +Spd got 42 Spd.
Merges give +4.
Flowers give +1.
Saintly Seraphim gives +3.
Swift Sparrow gives +7.
Swift Sparrow Sacred Seal gives +4.
Bonus Buff +6.
That totals to 67 Spd, or 75 Spd against defense teams with 2 Yunes/Líf during Fire season.
She also got 68 (40 HP, merge +4, Flowers +1; 18 Def, merge +4, Flowers +1) bulk, or 78 bulk against defense teams with 2 Mythics during Fire season, so DB!Ike needs to hit 57 or 65 Atk to kill her in one shot. There is also a small chance that she runs her default Miracle, and if she gets Pulsed with that, she can survive one shots.

— — — — — — —

For DB!Ike

DB!Ike +Spd got 46 Spd.
Merges give +4.
Flowers give +1.
Darting Breath gives +4.
Darting Stance gives +6.
Bonus buff +6.
That totals to 67 Spd.

DB!Ike with neutral Atk got 35 Atk.
Merges give +4.
Flowers give +1.
Chaos Ragnell gives +16.
Bonus buff +6.
That totals to 62 Atk.

5 hours ago, BigBandit said:

EDIT: Also most SK!Alm have NFU, so he is not going to double him anyways unless he outspeeds.

That is true, but their are other high Spd threats too, and they do not always run Null Follow-Up.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

totally missed the BST boost on Corrin. Welp even if its a trainee boost i guess we are officially entering soon Gen 5 in 3 months.
Looking forward to:
190 BST dragon armors
185 BST melee armorers
178 BST melee Infantries with exclusiv skills that turn them into Cavs
168 BST ranged infantries with instant specials
and all with exclusiv weapons that have 5 effects with a description that needs longer time to read then the Lord of the Rings trilogy!

yup totally gonna nuke them all with my Gen 1 158 BST Infatnry units and 150 BST ranged units that have 1-2 effects on their weapons!

The positive is that cavalry units won't be so screwed because of their lower BST meaning that an eventual Legendary Seliph or other cavaliers will go into the defensive side without losing too much. Also fliers are going to reach the current infantries. Now armors and the newer infantries will be a bit broken sompared to the other two because of their stats, especially infantries as armors have limited mobility. Also the extra BST some dragons get is not because of their weapon but because of trainee boost (poor Nagi has to be one of the few that didn't receive it). Regardless all this means to me currently is that Brave Edelgard is going to worth the wait.

56 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Should be +2 HP, +2 attack, +1 defense.

EDIT: Second merge will be def and res for people who merge all their initial copies together.

Thanks, so +2 with his weapon's full effect (including the - 5 on foe's Atk and def) he technically gets 45 hp, 60 Atk, 21 Spd 45 Def and 37 res (43 with warding stance seal). I am definitely building him up. 

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Unless he is a super tank and got tons of Spd stacking, he still needs Quick Riposte. The most threatening nukes such as SK!Alm and QOV!Celica in Aether Raids can hit 55 Spd and often higher, so you need DB!Ike to have Quick Riposte somewhere on his build so he can double and kill them. Without Quick Riposte, I do not think he will be able to kill them in one hit, and leaving them alive is just asking for a Dancer/Singer to refresh those enemy nukes and they will eliminate, or at least severely injure, DB!Ike on the second initiation.

You know that when people say stuff like that, those aren't the sorts of situations they're talking about, right?

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

You know that when people say stuff like that, those aren't the sorts of situations they're talking about, right?

I guess you do not need Quick Riposte for modes like Arena, but those modes and situations generally are not where the most demanding combat happens and you can always restart.

Sooo... Now that Ashnard's in the game, I'd really like an Almedha. May as well throw Pelleus in there, too. He can be a blue dagger unit or something, with built in Life and Death and/or Fury (or something else that saps the user's HP.)

Looking forward to Fallen Rajaion someday.

FE9 Spoilers:

Spoiler

Ashnard's wyvern doesn't count since Ashnard has no Duo skill.

18 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Sooo... Now that Ashnard's in the game, I'd really like an Almedha. May as well throw Pelleus in there, too. He can be a blue dagger unit or something, with built in Life and Death and/or Fury (or something else that saps the user's HP.)

Looking forward to Fallen Rajaion someday.

FE9 Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Ashnard's wyvern doesn't count since Ashnard has no Duo skill.

Pelleas is a Dark Mage though. He's far more likely to be a Red Tome unit with the Balberith (if that isn't already given to Izuka anyway)

Edited by Gregster101

9 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Pelleas is a Dark Mage though. He's far more likely to be a Red Tome unit with the Balberith (if that isn't already given to Izuka anyway)

Izuka's CYL scores seem to be consistently abysmal while Pelleas is in the top 200, so I think Pelleas gets priority. (In CYL4, Izuka got 12 votes. The lowest score anyone got was 11.)

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Izuka's CYL scores seem to be consistently abysmal while Pelleas is in the top 200, so I think Pelleas gets priority. (In CYL4, Izuka got 12 votes. The lowest score anyone got was 11.)

You know admittedly I wasn't really expecting Izuka to score that low. That's like Archanea/Thracia levels of low votes

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

You know admittedly I wasn't really expecting Izuka to score that low. That's like Archanea/Thracia levels of low votes

Yeah, I was expecting bad but not that bad. Conomor, the lowest-scoring playable character, got 18, and Luke and Roderick, the lowest-scoring characters in Heroes, got 39 each.

He got about three times that many votes for CYL1-2, but it's gotten worse for him since then.

26 minutes ago, Etheus said:

And that would be because no one likes Izuka. He's hideous, unlikeable, and arguably the most morally repugnant character in the entire franchise.

Yeah, I often forget he exists, he's so awful. lol And yet, I don't know if I hate him more than *cringe* Valtome. That dude is a total creep and hideous too. And while Izuka drugs laguz, Valtome goes after unarmed women!

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I often forget he exists, he's so awful. lol And yet, I don't know if I hate him more than *cringe* Valtome. That dude is a total creep and hideous too. And while Izuka drugs laguz, Valtome goes after unarmed women!

In a way, that makes them both good villains in the "I can't wait to kill them" sense. I wouldn't want to play either of them due to their complete lack of charisma, but they certainly achieve the reaction that they are meant to.