New Heroes Arrive! Dark Burdens (May 8th)

Anacybele

24 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It'd be kind of weird if his crazy alternate version gets regular Gurgurant while his regular version has, I don't know, Spikey Gurgurant or something.

"Regicidal/Kingslayer Gurgurant" could be a name, b/c of this CG:

Spoiler

fe10-ashnard-and-the-previous-king.png

As for the armor, maybe you could say Gurgurant having inbuilt Iote's Shield is a reference? It's the armor invincibility alone that nullifies the arrow weakness for Ashnard, since no one with a bow or wind can pierce it.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Fomortiis has also been on my wanted list for a very long time now. Though I think Green Tome is possible the most boring way they could have implemented him (would making him a beast unit really be all that out there IS? As I'm talking about in another thread you're already critically low on beast options). Hmm. Duma, Julius,  Idoun, Fomortiis, Ashnard, Grima, Takumi, Garon. We're only waiting on Medeus, Anankos, Veld and (lol) the Fire Dragon before we have all the pre 3H final bosses. At this rate they'll add Veld and the Fire Dragon before they add either version of Medeus.

I'd honestly be surprised if IS even remembers Veld exists. They already treat Thracia like a red-headed stepchild, Veld is the third cousin that belongs to the aunt no one likes. 

29 minutes ago, Medeus said:

I'd honestly be surprised if IS even remembers Veld exists. They already treat Thracia like a red-headed stepchild, Veld is the third cousin that belongs to the aunt no one likes. 

Could say the same for Medeus. The introduction of colourless tomes (specifically the lower levels being called Stone) makes me think Veld might actually appear some day.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Could say the same for Medeus. The introduction of colourless tomes (specifically the lower levels being called Stone) makes me think Veld might actually appear some day.

I mean, even Medeus appears from time to time, Veld hasn't been seen since that one old card from the early TCG. Honestly, at the rate things are going we may very well see Julia steals his tome for her next alt before we even get him.

Then again, neither of them are getting in before the most beloved villain Brigand Boss.

Edited by Medeus

Yes, it's bullshit, but the important thing is that they were forced to admit that not all banners will have 4-star drops coming now on, that the CYL banner is almost certainly going to be in August, and we got to see what their bullshit excuse for not dropping a fallen hero is. I consider this a success.

2 hours ago, Medeus said:

I mean, even Medeus appears from time to time, Veld hasn't been seen since that one old card from the early TCG. Honestly, at the rate things are going we may very well see Julia steals his tome for her next alt before we even get him.

Then again, neither of them are getting in before the most beloved villain Brigand Boss.

Well the other possibility is the fact that there's now a weapon in the game called Stone means he'll never get in.

7 hours ago, Medeus said:

I'd be surprised if IS remembers Veld exists too. He really is a bottom of the barrel villain pick for a GHB if I'm gonna be honest.

I got two Ikes and a Julia before I got my free pick. I got a third Ike for the free pick, of course, so I could merge him up as much as possible right now. 😛 +2 +Atk Ike!

8 hours ago, Hilda said:

that excuse for no 4 Star units due to "game balance" is utter nonsense lol. Gamebalance was thrown out the window long time ago

Isn't it great just cherry-picking the parts you don't like.

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

and we got to see what their bullshit excuse for not dropping a fallen hero is. I consider this a success.

I think "character attributes" is a perfectly valid reason to not drop one of them. They've never demoted from "normal alt" banners before due to every unit coming with premium skills, and I don't see any reason why they would have this time.

Or would you have rather seen one of the units come with completely lackluster skills just to justify having a demote and then have everyone complain about them having been "done dirty"?

People are not going to be satisfied either way, so there's no reason to pretend like having a demote from this banner would've made things better.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 hours ago, Medeus said:

I can see IS remembering Veld if they give him more screentime in FE5 Remake. But even then it's not guaranteed. Jedah was given more screentime in Echoes and I don't see him in Heroes yet.

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Or would you have rather seen one of the units come with completely lackluster skills just to justify having a demote and then have everyone complain about them having been "done dirty"?

It would be nice if they just release decent skills on demote units. I think Ferdinand and Forrest were pretty decent demotes giving us new skills to play with, although I guess people still complained about them. I am always happy to see more Reposition demotes, and Fortress Res is pretty good for budget debuffers like RS!Eir. More double stat boosters like HP/Res and Atk/Spd would be good too.

With Tier 4 A skills out now, I also think they should release more Player Phase A skills like Swift Sparrow into the 3*/4*, preferably without needing to 5* the unit. I think they should also release A slot Breaths too since there are generally better options now for tanks. Releasing Quick Riposte 3 without the 20,000 Feathers cost would also be nice and help Enemy Phase players more.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Isn't it great just cherry-picking the parts you don't like.

Isnt it great how IS is obviously cherry picking their part in terms of stuff? it goes both ways.

Also dont make promises you cant hold up to. And if you break that promise so soon do some compensational stuff, otherwise its just PR and leaves a bad taste in the playerbase.

If they didnt want to demote any of the units (although i think FIke would have been a good demote candidate with just other skills as passives), they could have done stuff like oh gees, add a free new 3-4 star units like thy did sometimes last year or oh gee demote the 1. batch of Fallen Heroes to 3-4 Star, since "game balance" wise they dont hold a candle anymore!

Edited by Hilda

Does anyone know when these units would be rerun on a Legendary/Mythic banner? I've gotten my free Lyon but I want to save my orbs for CYL Dimitri.

I've also somehow managed to get two fallen male Corrins, both of whom have boons in defensive stats (defense and resistance).

4 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Does anyone know when these units would be rerun on a Legendary/Mythic banner?

These are New Heroes, so yes. Eventually.

Long story short, I got a +HP/-Atk Lyon so kept going to get the 40 pulls freebie during which I got a +HP/-Spd Lyon and a free 5* Summon I haven't used yet. Who would you recommend out of Ike and Julia? Or is a neutral Lyon better than the two I currently have? (I won't be pulling for more Lyons after this, FWIW.)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by DefyingFates

Just now, Alistair said:

Does anyone know when these units would be rerun on a Legendary/Mythic banner? I've gotten my free Lyon but I want to save my orbs for CYL Dimitri.

I've also somehow managed to get two fallen male Corrins, both of whom have boons in defensive stats (defense and resistance).

The most recent legendary banner had units from October to January. If that stays accurate, any legendary reruns will probably be in around 6 months, but that's a big if. Not all New Heroes show up on those banners, particularly red ones, but the others should show up on other banners on a similar timescale. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

It would be nice if they just release decent skills on demote units. I think Ferdinand and Forrest were pretty decent demotes giving us new skills to play with, although I guess people still complained about them. I am always happy to see more Reposition demotes, and Fortress Res is pretty good for budget debuffers like RS!Eir. More double stat boosters like HP/Res and Atk/Spd would be good too.

Even if you think they have decent skills, there were still plenty of people who were complaining, especially in Forrest's case.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Even if you think they have decent skills, there were still plenty of people who were complaining, especially in Forrest's case.

Forrest rivals Wrys in Res, and actually got a usable Atk stat to do a reasonable amount of chipping. Cavalry movement also helps him better line up Res Ploy. It is not the most amazing of things, but it is pretty reasonable as a budget unit. With more investment, he can run Joyous Lantern and Atk Opening to support a solo unit strategy in PvE with Edelgard: Flame Emperor, Ephraim: Legendary Lord, etc., and his cavalry movement with Physic helps him reach the solo unit for healing and then move back out. Not the most effective strategy in a lot of cases, but it is fun to do once in a while.

Even Wrys's shitty Atk is not all that bad since it gives him a convenience niche to help train units in Special Training Maps.

I think people just needs to be a little more willing to find a niche for a variety of stat spreads and accept that a unit does not need to be top tier to be useful.

42 minutes ago, XRay said:

Forrest rivals Wrys in Res, and actually got a usable Atk stat to do a reasonable amount of chipping. Cavalry movement also helps him better line up Res Ploy. It is not the most amazing of things, but it is pretty reasonable as a budget unit. With more investment, he can run Joyous Lantern and Atk Opening to support a solo unit strategy in PvE with Edelgard: Flame Emperor, Ephraim: Legendary Lord, etc., and his cavalry movement with Physic helps him reach the solo unit for healing and then move back out. Not the most effective strategy in a lot of cases, but it is fun to do once in a while.

Even Wrys's shitty Atk is not all that bad since it gives him a convenience niche to help train units in Special Training Maps.

I think people just needs to be a little more willing to find a niche for a variety of stat spreads and accept that a unit does not need to be top tier to be useful.

My point was that as much as you and I can justify that these characters were decent, it doesn't change the fact that other players perceive these characters as having been "shafted" in some way.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My point was that as much as you and I can justify that these characters were decent, it doesn't change the fact that other players perceive these characters as having been "shafted" in some way.

I guess this is my cue to cut in.

Yeah, Forrest deserved to be more than just "decent" (and it's arguable if he is even that) and shouldn't have been the demote to begin with. Midori should've been the demote out of that bunch instead since her CYL results were easily the weakest out of those four.

17 hours ago, Jotari said:

Okay I don't know what the general feeling here, but who else is of the opinion that Ike was a horrible choice for this banner?

I'm totally with you. Heck, this banner as a whole is the worst of the fallen banners by a fairly large margin IMO. Corrin is just straight-up F!Corrin from last year but other gender. I get that it's so the fans of the character can have both, but it still seems so bland. Same for Robin back in the day. Julia I get conceptually, but the possession arc for her was so minor and she always seemed more of an emotionless "go kill them" bot in the game to me, so having her the way she is seems a bit odd. Even Celica, whom I wasn't a huge fan of at the time either, had more basis to me since she was an alternate "what if Celica had become a witch" take on her. A fun one, unless I'm an idiot and that's what they were going for, would've been what if Julia had been Loptyr's host. Ike, as said, I'm with you on. It makes sense on some level, but just why? It doesn't help that his stats make no sense for RD Ike while they'd make some level of sense for either PoR Ike or Greil.

Lyon is definitely a good fit, though I'm not too huge on him, and Ashnard is the highlight for me by a very large margin. Plus he's pretty solid even if not as broken as I would've liked him to be.

Bertram could've been another fun possessed unit, but he's nowhere near popular enough. He even has the whole creepy vibe built into his character. And while it would've been a revamp of the source material, any of the FE5 dead lords could've been kind of cool. Admittedly, they'd be in the same spot as Julia, but at least it could've been new characters for the most part. I'm blanking on other good possession options at the moment.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think "character attributes" is a perfectly valid reason to not drop one of them. They've never demoted from "normal alt" banners before due to every unit coming with premium skills, and I don't see any reason why they would have this time.

People are not going to be satisfied either way, so there's no reason to pretend like having a demote from this banner would've made things better.

"Game balance" is the reason they gave for not dropping any of the Fallen Heroes, which sounds pretty bullshit when they also refuse to drop old outdated 5-star units from launch day. You know, the ones with the worst BST for their class, not-as-good stat distributions, worse fodder, have been powercrept already, and some are inferior to demotes?

If their reason was "we haven't demoted anyone from alt-only, what-if type of banners and we don't want to do so now", that would still be annoying but at least it's transparency. So I'd actually appreciate that better than "game balance" even if I still don't find it wholly satisfying.

Also, it really wouldn't kill them or their bottom line to give their instant demotes some decent skills, you know. This is a problem that they created, that didn't need to be created. People aren't going to suddenly not pull their 5-star units because a 4-star is easier to get. Also, making their 4-stars good with good fodder may give people motivation to, you know, maybe want to pull them more? From what I've seen there are quite a few people who choose to just skip the color with a character they suspect will be demoted. If you make the demote strong, with good skills, people will actually want to pull that color more, which means more orbs spent and the player needing more orbs. I don't see a downside to this in terms of IS's profit.

People might not be satisfied, sure, but that's not an excuse to avoid being transparent. I'm not really fussed about no demote on the fallen banner (or eventual CYL banner), but I am bothered on principle. If IS always intended to not put in demotes on some banners, they should've made that clear to begin with in their announcement instead of having to announce it now separately.