New Heroes Arrive! Dark Burdens (May 8th)

Anacybele

53 minutes ago, Hilda said:

you need to Substract the 32 def from lyon from that 76 attack. so she is hitting for what 34 oh wait -50% 17 per hit, yeah not quite enough to kill before he counters. and this is without him using any kind of buffs A-Slots or anything like that lol

76-32 = 44.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the fallen banner's never going away.

Also, I got spoiled on Ike. But this is the most cliched banner it could be be Maybe?

M!Corrin is first (DAMMIT CORRINKOS HAS TO BE GENDERSPLIT NOW!) and he's a blue breath infantry coming with Brutal Breath (Similar to F!Corrinkos but adds cooldown reduction on foe), Glmmer, Atk/Spd Solo 4 (Of course, but it only adds +1 to each.), Null Follow-up and Rouse Spd/Def. Next is tHeĀ DeMoN KiNgĀ and he's a green tome infantry with Blood Tome (Raven tome, if foe is ranged reduces damage from AoEs by 80% and attacks by 50%), Sol, Bouns Doubler, Null C-Disrupt and Rouse Atk/Res 3. Next is Fallen Julia who's a red tome with Dark Scripture (If no ally nearby, hits foe with -6 Atk/Res and if they're not effective against dragons she doubles (!)), Iceberg, Atk/Res Solo 4, Light and Dark (So she didnt' lose that) and Panic Smoke. Finally we get Berserker Ike with Chaos Ragnell (DC, if unit has a penalty on any stat gives a bonus double the penalty (OK WHY?)), Mayhem Aether (Like Radiant Aether but madder), Darting Breath (THE MAD LADS DID IT!), Repel 3 (OK FUCK YOU) and Atk/Spd Oath 3 (Huh.). With that Ragnell I hope that puts paid to "DC weapons need no refines!"

I guess we'll be waiting for Ravager then. To be fair this banner feels right for Book 4 as well. Also, Ashnard GHB, considering Fellthea's still good I am hopeful for this one.

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

But in Future Past, wasn't Morgan not possessed? (S)he just really, really believed in his/her dark dragon parent. Completely sane, just misguided, from what I remember. Kana, on the other hand, kind of went through a similar thing to his/her parent.

I think that'd be a cool angle though. Corrin is not possessed either, they're just on the verge of losing control. Grima influences Morgan to do awful stuff.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

I think that'd be a cool angle though. Corrin is not possessed either, they're just on the verge of losing control. Grima influences Morgan to do awful stuff.

The kind of influence is kind of different, though. It's less "Grima compels me" and more "Well, my parent said I should do this, so it's got to be okay...right...? I-I have faith in my parent!" Still a very sweet child, just with a bad influence. I don't think it's quite over the top enough for a Fallen Heroes banner.

HOWEVER since we're doing things that didn't happen in the games now, how about a "what if" Morgan? Like, (using male Morgan as an example here since he got Grima's Truth for his tome in Heroes) what if Robin didn't work out as Grima's vessel, and Grandpa Validar decided to go to the next generation? We could have Grima!Morgan or being-prepped-for-Grima Morgan. Still all dark and swirly, but still more Morgan than Fallen Robin was Robin.

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

Morgan would've been a cool fit as a nod to Future Past.

Yeah, something like this wouldā€™ve been cool:

Spoiler

kzhmj8v34tw41.png

Credit to dualbloodlines from the FEH subreddit.

Too bad this one had no chance of happening because IS would be all ā€œlol an axe flier that isnā€™t a seasonal or a grail unitā€.

Ā 

Oooh, great art all around apart from Ike and his balloon-arm. Ah, over the top muscles are so ugly. Corrin actually looks feral and monstrous, in contrast to fallen femCorrin. Her design was far too tame.

I definitely, definitely gonna pull green. I won't get my hopes up, though, because I'm pretty unlucky at the moment. So many 3*-units ;.;

10 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Poor Seliph and Jullius. Their little sister showed them up with an alt two timesĀ now. Small wonder that Julius is out to get her.Ā 

Was Julius born before Julia?

As I feared in that banner prediction thread, Fallen Heroes turned into an excuse to make yet more versions of characters with the same classes as their base version. Ike is especially disappointing in that regard. I can let the mages slide I suppose because they sort of do new things.

Ike as a lancer and Corrin as cavalry, now that'd be interesting. As it stands I'll just do the practical thing and snipe red for the higher 5-star rate I suppose. No chance of getting the guaranteed 5-star pull as I've got 50 orbs right now and even if I saved up until the end of the banner I'd probably barely have enough orbs, all for something I have no particular need for.

Ā 

P.S. Cam Clarke should have just done the Rocksteady voice for evil Corrin.

Ā 

EDIT: On the plus side, I have significantly fewer regrets for having frittered away 120 orbs for a -Atk Merric a week ago. Doesn't make the outcome retrospectively good mind you, just that the opportunity cost wasn't so bad in hindsight.

Ā 

Edited by Humanoid

18 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

No chance of getting the guaranteed 5-star pull as I've got 50 orbs right now and even if I saved up until the end of the banner I'd probably barely have enough orbs, all for something I have no particular need for.

50 orbs and that still won't be enough, huh?

I have 3. ... Maybe I won't have a chance at getting some new Fallen heroes after all...

16 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

50 orbs and that still won't be enough, huh?

I have 3. ... Maybe I won't have a chance at getting some new Fallen heroes after all...

Somewhat of an exaggeration probably, but unknowable without seeing a full calendar. There are probably enough orbs if I get all of them harvested, but I never get stuff like the Normal and Hard story orbs for example (saving them for a rainy day).

This is based on needing ~100-125 more orbs given that I'd be sniping, and the fact that the TT has just ended, meaning the upcoming events are the relatively less bountiful ones. 60 orbs a week during "low season" is generally a safe minimum.

Ā 

EDIT: Just noticed the wiki had stopped updating the Orb Distribution table in November last year. It will be missed. If I cherry-pick the worst 14-day period in that month (a one with below average orb distribution in the first place) I come up with 96.

Edited by Humanoid

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Somewhat of an exaggeration probably, but unknowable without seeing a full calendar. There are probably enough orbs if I get all of them harvested, but I never get stuff like the Normal and Hard story orbs for example (saving them for a rainy day).

This is based on needing ~100-125 more orbs given that I'd be sniping, and the fact that the TT has just ended, meaning the upcoming events are the relatively less bountiful ones. 60 orbs a week during "low season" is generally a safe minimum.

Ā 

EDIT: Just noticed the wiki had stopped updating the Orb Distribution table in November last year. It will be missed. If I cherry-pick the worst 14-day period in that month (a one with below average orb distribution in the first place) I come up with 96.

I see. Thanks. šŸ™‚Ā All the same, I can never beat the harder challenge maps (things like GHB), even if I can usually beat the lunatic mode story maps. So, I guess I'll just have to see how things go. I'll be saving my orbs for this banner regardless. I hope I can get a free one!

7 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I see. Thanks. šŸ™‚Ā All the same, I can never beat the harder challenge maps (things like GHB), even if I can usually beat the lunatic mode story maps. So, I guess I'll just have to see how things go. I'll be saving my orbs for this banner regardless. I hope I can get a free one!

There's a monthly (i.e. per published FEH calendar) estimate of orb income, broken down per week, published on the subreddit. This is this month's, and according to it we're expecting 69 orbs this week after 84 last week.

Edited by Humanoid

LYON!!! YES LYON FINALLY GOT AN ALT!!!

Ahem.

It's interesting that he has Nagi's weapon with dragon effectiveness/ adaptiveness swapped out for damage reduction. I've been looking for another Ophelia/ L!Alm tank so it's convenient that it came in the form of best boy...but of course this happened right after I blew half my Orbs on L!Edelgard.

Oh well, worst comes to worst I can get him with the pity 5* system at least.

And Ike just gave us our first perma-DC weapon with added benefits. Surely this means the others are getting refines someday, right? Oh, and it's weird seeing Solo Skills get Tier 4 variants already, since as @Ice Dragon explained a while back they were probably the reason we got Tier 4 skills in the first place. Makes sense that the improvement over Tier 3 is so small though.

Standardising all the premium A-skills top levels to be worth 300SP each is a move that makes sense to me. The +1 on the actual effect seems secondary.

13 minutes ago, Etheus said:

What the fuck happened to "every new heroes banner will have a 4 star demote?"

"greed" won the speed check and doubled "promises". Unless we actually start complaining and inherit "Wary Fighter" to "promises".

That or the FEH pass isnt doing so hot so they cant give out "free" units anymore as a 3-4 Star demote.

FIke, Fake, Fallen Ike whatever could have been easy the 3-4 Star demote. Just remove his C-Skill, make his A-Skill 5 Star exclusiv (breaths arent that awesome anymore since they dont score so well) and replace Repell with Quick Riposte 3

There 3-4 Star unit and you introduced Quick Riposte 3 into the 3-4 Star pool. Fallen Ike isnt so hot and gets butchered by anything that is blue and touches the magical side of things, his weapon looks at first glance "omg" but its actually not that great compared to other stuff we have gotten lately. it just shuts down panic thats it, or if there is no panic present debuffs). Of course if he has mad SPD unless his counterparts thant its a different story Ā¬.Ā¬ (we are talking like 40+ Spd at base stripped naked).

The most intersting question is how do Bond 4 skills work with his Sword. Do they negate the debuff and he gets therefor no buff, or he gets the buff and they just negate the debuff giving him basicly Bonus double on 2 Stats?

Edited by Hilda

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

"greed" won the speed check and doubled "promises". Unless we actually start complaining and inherit "Wary Fighter" to "promises".

That or the FEH pass isnt doing so hot so they cant give out "free" units anymore as a 3-4 Star demote.

This promise was broken so quickly, it's almost like IS is my ex girlfriend.

What has me even more concerned about the next Tellius banner than the two Tellius characters here is that it also has Tellius music.

Gurgurant could also be a DC+ weapon now that those are a real thing, although I doubt they're ready to go for that on a GHB unit.

8 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Being honest, that's a plus for me. Unlikely as it is, getting these guys as pity breakers and showing up in skill banners is a lot better than shoving them to limited slots where you get that "Get it now or wait a whole year to see them again".Ā 

Anwyays, it isn't like seasonal banners don't get in the way of New heroes. The Picnic and Hot Springs banners came out of nowhere and stole*Ā the place of a normal banner.Ā 

*Stole as in people's perceptions, IS already had those things planned for that specific time and weren't going to change their plans regardless of how much backlashĀ they generated.Ā 

People reacted negatively to those banners (and to Adrift), and then this year two of the three were replaced with actual new character banners while the third was replaced with a more popular seasonal theme.

If only they'd kill Fallen Heroes the same way and give us back a proper May New Heroes banner.

Edited by Othin

Just now, Othin said:

What has me even more concerned about the next Tellius banner than the two Tellius characters here is that it also has Tellius music.

People reacted negatively to those banners (and to Adrift), and then this year two of the three were replaced with actual new character banners while the third was replaced with a more popular seasonal theme.

If only they'd kill Fallen Heroes the same way and give us back a proper May New Heroes banner.

Fallen Heroes should be a seasonal banner. This one is especially emblematic of the problem. For the first time, there are no new heroes on a New Heroes banner. It's just 4 current models with red eyes and overpowered skills.

Ā 

Truly, the Fallen Heroes theme is a dud.

Count me among the ones who like Fallen banners, and this one is no exception.

Lyon really needed this alt and the animation is cool. Ike is cool because he confirms Cipher stuff is on the table. Julia got all the colored tomes, which is great, plus it makes a lot of sense to have her after we got Tiki and Delthea who were in the same situation.

Ashnard was looooong overdue! Thank Ashunera for him.

Personally, while Fallen Banners are not everyone's cup of tea, I really hope we keep getting one every year since there are still a lot of Heroes who make sense for the theme and ARE EXTREMELY COOL in their evil version.

1) Valla's KingĀ Gunther

2) Risen King Chrom

3) PossessedĀ Lilith

4) Possessed Mikoto (Sumeragi and Arete are an odd case, because they only ever appear as their possessed selves like Garon, so exactly like Garon I expect them to be GHBs on regular Fates banners, not Fallen Heroes)

5) Berserk Greil

6) Possessed Scarlet

And of course the Three Houses spoilerĀ crew:

Spoiler

Ā 

7) King of Delusion Dimitri (I expect his Legendary version to be him after he regained some sanity, so his boar version would need to be a Fallen one)

8 ) Hegemon Edelgard

9) Crazy Rhea from the end of Silver Snow

Ā 

And that's nine, more than enough for two more years of Fallen Heroes. And those are only the ones that I'm expecting, they can easily come up with something we never expected (when predicting future Fallens, who predicted feral Corrin? Seriously, who?).

Stuff like:

1) Sonya from Echoes as a Witch since her ending kind of implied she will one day meet the same fate as her sisters

2) Morgan from Future Past as other people said

3) Necrodragon Myrrh as a What-If the Demon King won kind of thing. If we open up to what-ifs the possibilities are endless.

4) Black Fang Nino, a grown-up Nino from an AU in which the Black Fang wasn't defeated and she ended up becoming a skilled assassin and one of the Four Fangs. Again, if we start doing what-ifs there's a lot we can come up with.

And that's not counting the fact that we could get another Fire Emblem game with its own Heroes who go crazy or get possessed, but we can't be sure if Heroes will still be a thing by then.

So yeah, in my opinion Fallen Heroes are here to stay and that's not a bad thing. Tho I would not mind it if they skipped a year and gave us the opposite banner with villains as good people that was suggested countless times.

Stuff like:

1) Young Garon

2) Young Julius

3) Actual Monica (not Kronya in disguise, but the poor girl who got kidnapped. We could also get Actual Tomas, Actual Cornelia and Actual Arundel the same way)

4) Not-Crazy Medeus from when he was an ally of Naga

5) Not-Crazy Nergal from before his wife died

There aren't as many options for this banner since the good guys versions will likely end up in regular banners (I expect Good Hardin in a normal Archanea banner for example).

You know what, this could be a topic of its own. In fact, I will make it a topic of its own.

Edited by GrandeRampel