Fire Emblem Tellius fan fiction game! (PoR and RD spoilers) (Plus help request)

SynthGreen

So, RD was one of my favorite FE games, because it took a lot of unique risks such as having you switch perspective, and eventually having you yourself divide your army and only giving you access to certain characters in certain chapters. 

I wanted to capture the tones of Tellius games, while also making an FE game that took some serious risks. 

disclaimer,

Spoiler

this is a fan fiction project. There will be turns offs for some. I will “canonize” ships that some may not like. I will introduce mechanics that may be controversial. 
I don’t mind people sharing their opinions but I want to clear that up, because I do think that’s a sensitive subject especially for Tellius so if it is for you, you’ve been warned. 

the specific pair I’m sure most will upset people, is Ike and Lethe. They will be assumed to have married and had a child, living life together with Soren outside of the world’s scope of them as heroes and legends. 

the help request; please help me find areas I can tone this down in to keep the overall thematic elements without it being so unrealistic as a game. It also isn’t totally fleshed our but I hope you can have fun reading it.  

Names aren’t set in stone and are more so placeholders so we can easily discuss characters  

sorry if you hate it I’m nervous! 

Now finally time to begin...
gameplay tidbits; 

like Tellius, we will get a sizeable cast And separate groups  it won’t have 3H class system; everyone is set in a class and there are a few swordsmen, mages, etc  

everyone has a personal skill, and people have class skills as well, and a weapon skill for their primary weapon. Classes that dual specialize can choose their primary weapon. 

supports are in, to expand on characters, but limited. More so than 3H.

Weapons are 

Sword (two handed swords are slow and powerful, one handed swords are faster and allow you to equip another item like a shield) Axe, Lance, Gauntlet, Bow, Healing, dark magic, Wind, Fire, Lightning, Dagger, Spirit (more on that later), and Fang/Claw for Laguz. (Breathe for dragon laguz) 

Priam will be the main character. His starting class is simply commoner and has no skill, but his Personal skill allows him to wield two handed swords with one hand.

Prologue-

you learn a little bit about life in this small village  an old man called Zeke, and his best friend Aron. 
They lead a simple life, Zeke being a hunter for his village and Aron being a scholar. They also guard some ancient medallion “just in case.” 
Zeke’s son (Samson) is a relatively unassuming carpenter, and his grandson was just born. 
Zeke’s wife is revealed to be an older woman, with grey cat ears. (But she can’t transform and fights as a rogue). The small party, when hunting, Discovers a group of wailing spirits and returns to the village to warn its people, who are already being attacked. Samson’s wife was killed and the baby is in danger. The mysterious artifact is glowing purple. 
Zeke, Aron, and the Catlady fight while Zeke goes to find his baby as an ally unit. 
of course the fight isn’t too hard as these three are tried and true warriors. 
the map ends when Samson arrives at his home, where his baby is nearly killed. Desperate for power he disrespects his dads primary wish, and touches the amulet to unleash the power of his rage etc. 

We see a CGI cutscene, Zeke is killing enemies without much care but eventually, an enraged Samson lays the infant near his catmom, and begs her to kill him. Zeke and the woman hesitate and zeke drops his blade; eventually Samson descends too deep and kills them both. Aron uses wind magic to grab the baby and flees the scene. The intro cuts, with a headband flying through the wind towards them and covering the screen. 

We skip times to 20 years later. The wailing spirits have calmed down, but Aron feels that they aren’t gone forever and has been studying them from his new town, revealed to be the land Stefan claims and starts up, raising his son (Klaus) and adopted daughter (Elena). The baby is Priam (he’s going to get a lot more character in this game I swear), and he has a knack for adventure that his grandfather shared, and Aron takes Priam and a boy from the outskirts on his expeditions. The boy, Elliot and Priam are raised like brothers, the only artifact Priam has from his grandfather are stories told by Aron. 

chapters 1-3 are basically Priam, Elliot, Klaus, Elena, Aron (Jaegan), and a couple others who join along the way searching for information about what happened and we get lore blurbs. In short, when Ike and co entered the tower, the created great discord. Death continued of course, but with no god or spirituality in the world, all who died from the moment Ike Stepped into the tower were stored in what is effectively a parallel dimension. Nobody passes on, and nobody knows what this means, but souls who can’t take this pressure become wailing spirits. 

chapter 4 reveals that wailing spirits have somehow bonded with a powerful militaristic group, as they share a similar goal. This group is set on killing Elena specifically. The team has to protect her, but fails. In this fight, Priam loses his arm. 

Chapter 5 Aron leads you to a place he found in his studies. This are is based off the river Styx, and an older Lehran is in charge of it. He damned himself to be the one who takes spirits between worlds, so they didn’t become wailing spirits (but he is slipping as more and more pile up) 

your team gets a mission to cross the river styx, saying they need to find a certain spirit (Elena, as Priam is far too attached to her but also, she matters for reasons Only Aron and Stefan know)

The boat can only take 8 of you, but since you’re going to retrieve a spirit, Aron strongly suggests you only take 7. Still, the choice is yours. 
Aron and Priam are locked, you can pick up to 6 more units to bring. 

when you enter the realm of spirits, priam’s amputated arm is returned with a blue/ethereal glow, and Priam changes to the class “Spirited Warrior”, where he gains access to the spirit weapon. Spirit weapons act as a neutral magic attack, but they can change which element they are by using ether stones (Red, Green, and Yellow)  

Priam’s class skill Allows him to use his Atk state for his spirit attacks. 

Aron, in the world of spirits, begins to glow and reverts to his prime state; where he is a much younger man with flowing black hair, and he reveals his true name to be Soren; the sidekick to the man from legends he told Priam. 

we get some really unique maps here. 

Ch 7 is you traversing the land of the dead, but you meet an ally spirit of a gambler called Ward. He tells you that, if you take him with you, he can help out against spirits. 
His personal Skill allows him to deal super effective damage against all wailing spirits, but they can do the same for him. (Hence the reason he needs to get out of there ASAP) if you agree to his deal, he joins the party. 

Between chapters you find Elena, being watched over by Ike and Lethe (now able to turn into a car again) as well as others close to him (Titiana, Boyd, Mist). You learn that in order to take her with you, since she’s such a high profile spirit, you need to trade Someone equally valuable, essentially. Soren demands he be the one to stay. Of course after some debate it is decided, and says his goodbyes to Priam. Priam is beyond honored to have met Ike, but is destroyed by losing Soren. 
regardless they press on, now with Elena. 

chapter 8 Is based on a lot of “realm Of the dead” types of stories. You can move your characters backwards, and if you do they instantly die and become spirits. 
the level conditions to win are that all your units reach the boat. 
>If you brought 8 people, and now you have Wald, FE boat can only fit 8 and you need to leave someone behind. You can betray your deal with wald, causing him to become an enemy unit (and if you kill him, he becomes a wailing spirit and you must kill him again) or leave someone behind. Based on their character, they will either accept this or become enemy units. 
*if you took Klaus, he is a locked unit who must return with Priam and Elena* 

after this you unlock a new feature, the spirit realm. 
by pressing buttons you can switch to the parallel universe, where you control Ike and his team. There aren’t many missions here, but you get to control units from PoR and some from RD. 
units such as Ike who have the Zeke costume, you can pick his costume design (young, adult, or Old man), others are in their RD or PoR classes. 
weirdly, Mia is absent. Sothe is not, the dawn brigade is. 

spirits can only go up to B support Level except the couples (Ike and Lethe, Mist and Boyd) or really close characters (Ike and Soren) 

these convos tell us how they died, basing it on their RD epilogues, but also give us some insight into their lives (Tells us about Ike changing his name and hiding, to avoid the fame that Comes with being a legend) 

another unique feature; if any unit dies in Priam’s realm, they appear in Ike’s, and you can do a tough paralogue to recruit them into Ike’s army. Sometimes, they’ll get unique conversations with  characters they are tied to. 
with Soren’s help, they are able to map this realm in relation to the living world, and realize where Micaiah’s land is (Sothe leaves the party in search for her spirit, hoping not to find her) 

you do fight Black Knight in the spirit realm, and if you beat him with anyone except Ike, he dies and becomes a wailing spirit; if you defeat him with Ike he acknowledges that he simply can’t beat Ike, and joins your team  

throughout the next 5-8 chapters, we search for clues about Samson, learn Elena is Micaiah and Sothe’s child raised by Stefan when sothe died. 
we also learn Micaiah is back on the run because wailing spirits target her due to her connection with Yune/gods 

Elena and Micaiah reunite, just as Micaiah dies and is able to say she is proud of her etc, and reveal who she is to her. 

About chapter 15 you meet the person who began all of this, a heron with Black wings. 

the game goes back in time, and you begin blacking as the heron, called Thane (based on Thanatos the god of death) 

if we need an avatar character, it’s this guy. 
Thane is also a unique class, in that he can wield a weapon of your choosing, (Or dark magic if not an avatar) instead of using the Fang weapon like most Laguz; but can also transform at Will. When transformed he takes very little damage, but can’t fight. He instead encourages his allies to take another turn. 
his story starts with him revealing that he’s been too easy on Beorc and Laguz. He reveals himself to be (or think of himself) as the goddess Ashunera reincarnated (he is of course a child of Lehran somehow, perhaps blessed by Ashera) 

he gave Beorc and Laguz time away from gods, thinking it best for them, but began to realize that they are weak without someone to control them. He begins his work to reignite the power of gods, and this is what wakes the wailing spirits and helps them return from the other dimension. This also leads to him Returning power to Lehran’s medallion. Towards the end, he realizes the flaws of his logic and he begins to search for Samson, the first Beorc to be connected to the gods. 
he learns Samson is trying to revive or create a god of discord, who will destroy the realm of spirits, ending any afterlife; and eventually consume the realm of mortals. 

Thane meets Priam at a temple while tracking Samson. They fight, but neither knows the other to be friend or foe; so it’s a retreat map. When Priam  and  Thane settle their battle they begin talking and exchange stories. 

in this act of the game, the parallel world stories are done by the dawn brigade. The begin with Sothe meeting pelleas, the interim leader of the dawn brigade. Towards the end, they meet Micaiah and Sothe is happy and hurt to see her (this would happen toward the end when Micaiah chronologically dies) 

we learn more about their deaths And Mia is with them, because when Ike left and she lost her leader and rival, she found a smaller peaceful village and became the hunter and protector there. Edward, returning to the life of a peasant, ended up uniting with her and they fell in love. (Not married time this specifically but it would imo be a nice way to tie stories together and give a lot of interesting stuff in the parallel worlds for our returning favorites) 

Thane doesn’t get many units in his story, but this he does get are typically Laguz. He probably gets roughly 20, while Priam gets 40ish, and Ike/Pelleas get roughly 30 between them; all returning favorites. This puts us around 90, but since many are returning characters and RD was already a huge cast I don’t think it’s too crazy. 

Priam and Thane unite for act 3, and similarly Pelleas and Ike unite in the parallel realm. 
this act is more about finding Samson, and Priam eventually kills him. 

Ike’s storyline is about protecting the weaker spirits and dead, who are susceptible to the attacks of wailing spirits. 
Again, any units who die in priam’s realm begins paralogue a for Ike to find. But any who did in Ike’s realm become a wailing spirit on the spot they died and become enemies. Wailing spirits who die are gone, no afterlife. 

Anyway act 3 ends with Priam taking down Samson, but it’s revealed he’s too late. Lehran is also killed, and the god of discord is born and is ready to wreak absolute havoc. Nothing holds back the spirit and real worlds. Priam Gains access to a new class, Esper, where his abilities to use spirit attacks are raised, he finds this universe version of the Rangell (torn up one), and can use aether. 

act 4, all characters are united. Spirits and real world collide, lots of spirit battles etc. it’s much shorter, and it’s all about killing the god of discord. 
Priam and Ike get supports (which have a high growth rate, so you can actually access them) and Priam and Soren gain access to an A support 

when you kill him, You get a CGI where Ike and Priam hold their Ragnells, and charge the god, killing it together. Priam’s spirit arm fades, and he solemnly looks at it, as he grew somewhat attached. The spirits from PoR and RD begin fading, as well as those who died in our game. Except Wald. 
You see characters standing near loved ones (Boyd and Mist’s granddaughter joins the army, Edward and Mia as well, maybe Jill’s descendant)

The spirits fade and Ike gives Priam some kind of words of wisdom and mentions his pride in calling Priam family  etc  

Thane accepts his responsibility in this matter,  but he is forgiven and he dedicates himself to the balance of life and order or something neat  

Priam and Elena decide to marry and travel the world together and find ways to create peace and happiness  

Priam’s cousin, and Klaus, are the more mature type and they are the ones who rule now  everyone gets their epilogues and we’re good! 

free play/dlc/paralogue stuff I need:

1. Chrom joins the team after a tough battle defeating the Shepherds and Olivia  as a dancer, Chrom joins to save the spirit realm in act 4 as he is all about changing fate. Plus Priam joined Chrom’s game, Chrom should join Priam’s. 
Chrom has the unique class of lord and Great lord, with the awakened falchion, and has supports with Priam where he admits he is somewhat familiar  (or make this Chrom Pre time skip so that he isn’t married so we don’t need to canonize 

Spoiler

Olivia 

2. Priam’s daughter or son from a glimpse into the future  just for parallel symmetry (Ike:Marth, Priam:Chrom Kid:Lucina (and chroms other kid but again, no need to canonize something until IS decides they want it for some reason) 

3. Samson joining 

4. Greil joins the battle (can’t be in the games canon as Greil dies way before Ike enters the tower) 

Of course some more could happen 

so I guess it’s just about 

how do you guys like it, and how could we shape it into something that could actually be made into a game. 
Sorry for the stream of Consciousness. I had this idea and was kind of into it, and wanted to share before I lost it. 

6 hours ago, SynthGreen said:
Spoiler

this is a fan fiction project. There will be turns offs for some. I will “canonize” ships that some may not like. I will introduce mechanics that may be controversial. 
I don’t mind people sharing their opinions but I want to clear that up, because I do think that’s a sensitive subject especially for Tellius so if it is for you, you’ve been warned. 

the specific pair I’m sure most will upset people, is Ike and Lethe. They will be assumed to have married and had a child, living life together with Soren outside of the world’s scope of them as heroes and legends. 

Dude, don't worry about what other people might think. If they get all upset just because you use a pairing they don't like, that's on them and they're being petty. I used to get similar complains a long time ago because I use Ike x Elincia and they'd say "it doesn't make sense, Ike wouldn't do this and Elincia wouldn't do that" and blah blah blah. Also, Ike and Lethe are a fine choice, imo. Much better than Ike and Mia or Ike and Soren imo. I don't really think Lethe would want to lose the ability to transform, but who knows, I could be wrong! They'd still be my second choice after Ike x Elincia when it comes to canon characters.

This project of yours sounds interesting too, reminds me of how I wish I could turn my own into a fan game. But Nintendo is so obnoxious with being against fan games even if they're not being used to make money, I just don't want to ever try... -_-

Edited by Anacybele

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This project of yours sounds interesting too, reminds me of how I wish I could turn my own into a fan game. But Nintendo is so obnoxious with being against fan games even if they're not being used to make money, I just don't want to ever try... -_-

And that's the reason why, if I ever make an FE fan-game, I would pitch it to Nintendo instead of releasing it.

Of course, mine wouldn't have pre-existing characters, and I would want to have already made at least one successful game first, so it would all be a hypothetical longshot. 

35 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

And that's the reason why, if I ever make an FE fan-game, I would pitch it to Nintendo instead of releasing it.

Of course, mine wouldn't have pre-existing characters, and I would want to have already made at least one successful game first, so it would all be a hypothetical longshot. 

Yeah, I'd do that too, if I felt there was any chance that Nintendo and IS would accept it. I'm not sure they would. And even if they did, they'd surely want some tweaks since I don't see them going along with the Ike x Elincia stuff. Which I'd be cool with. Heck, I'd even be cool with disconnecting Altarais from Tellius entirely and making it its own FEverse. This would require a few more story tweaks due to Ike having a significant role in the beginning, but it'd be doable.

Some really cool ideas, but I will admit that I am not a fan of the branching between universes or whatever. When Awakening introduced the time travel and all that stuff, it didn't feel like Fire Emblem anymore. I prefer that every story just stay within their own world.

2 hours ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

Some really cool ideas, but I will admit that I am not a fan of the branching between universes or whatever. When Awakening introduced the time travel and all that stuff, it didn't feel like Fire Emblem anymore. I prefer that every story just stay within their own world.

That’s fair; but that’s not something I can compromise on! I could tone it down but that’s what makes the whole thing different and special to me. 

5 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

What engine were you planning to make this game in?  Some of this stuff sounds very, very ambitious, far too much for a GBAFE hack.

Probably built ground up on a cpu but that would come after writing and I figure out what stuff to tone down or take apart, I can’t get a realistic grasp on what to do before I really finalize what I want to be done 

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, don't worry about what other people might think. If they get all upset just because you use a pairing they don't like, that's on them and they're being petty. I used to get similar complains a long time ago because I use Ike x Elincia and they'd say "it doesn't make sense, Ike wouldn't do this and Elincia wouldn't do that" and blah blah blah. Also, Ike and Lethe are a fine choice, imo. Much better than Ike and Mia or Ike and Soren imo. I don't really think Lethe would want to lose the ability to transform, but who knows, I could be wrong! They'd still be my second choice after Ike x Elincia when it comes to canon characters.

thank you! I just know that stuff gets heated and wanted to make sure people didn’t get turned off by something that simple. 
the reason I couldn’t use Ike and Elincia is that it was really important to me Zeke was a no name commoner; because that’s what he wanted not something he was forced to do. 
I also wanted Samson and Priam to be branded, so that Thane in the early stages thinking himself a god, can play in his animosity for branded as they are an “abomination” so “of course a branded would be the one to succumb to darkness” type of attitude; but then his head ally is branded. 

yeah Nintendo is rough with them. If I had any standing I’d just finalize a story and pitch it to Nintendo, but 

1. I do not 

2. I’d have to have way more courage to actually tell them “hey this is how things should go for your existing characters” I mean, if I got it, it would turn into a legendary gutsy pitch. But if I didn’t. Immediately hook them, they’d be very tuned out to it and I wouldn’t even get far enough to tell my story. 

You know, i have always wondered what would happen if members of 2 different branded bloodlines (Priam and Elena in this case) had a child. Do you think their abilities (or anything obtained by.their blood) will merge?.

BTW interesting project OP. I had fun reading it so nice work XD.

Edited by NicolaTesla&you

2 hours ago, SynthGreen said:

thank you! I just know that stuff gets heated and wanted to make sure people didn’t get turned off by something that simple. 
the reason I couldn’t use Ike and Elincia is that it was really important to me Zeke was a no name commoner; because that’s what he wanted not something he was forced to do. 
I also wanted Samson and Priam to be branded, so that Thane in the early stages thinking himself a god, can play in his animosity for branded as they are an “abomination” so “of course a branded would be the one to succumb to darkness” type of attitude; but then his head ally is branded. 

yeah Nintendo is rough with them. If I had any standing I’d just finalize a story and pitch it to Nintendo, but 

1. I do not 

2. I’d have to have way more courage to actually tell them “hey this is how things should go for your existing characters” I mean, if I got it, it would turn into a legendary gutsy pitch. But if I didn’t. Immediately hook them, they’d be very tuned out to it and I wouldn’t even get far enough to tell my story. 

Yeah, that's understandable. Even I myself had Elincia give the throne to Renning so she could live a commoner life with Ike and their kids would be considered commoners and I admit that's stretching things a bit more than what you've got. So I definitely approve of your ideas.

Branded characters can be so cool, so I totally get that too!

Edited by Anacybele

20 hours ago, NicolaTesla&you said:

You know, i have always wondered what would happen if members of 2 different branded bloodlines (Priam and Elena in this case) had a child. Do you think their abilities (or anything obtained by.their blood) will merge?.

BTW interesting project OP. I had fun reading it so nice work XD.

Thank you! 

that’s one other reason I wanted a glimpse into the future type xenologue. It wouldn’t interfere with canon and just be a fun side story, but we would get to see how these things play out 

41 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

What engine were you planning to make this game in?  Some of this stuff sounds very, very ambitious, far too much for a GBAFE hack.

"Which is why I've come to talk to you about SRPG Studio 2-"

On 5/7/2020 at 4:16 AM, SynthGreen said:

how do you guys like it, and how could we shape it into something that could actually be made into a game. 

Sorry for the stream of Consciousness. I had this idea and was kind of into it, and wanted to share before I lost it. 

It seems quite a bit too lofty for inexperienced developers and I think the cast seems unnecessarily large- if more proper development were undertaken, I think the number of units would shrink down to something more reasonable.

I do quite like the basic concept of this Greek afterlife plot device, though. It's an interesting way to see some old characters, it'd add a nice mythic element that seems fairly tasteful. I quite like Ward / Wald's personal skill as well.

On 5/7/2020 at 10:37 AM, Anacybele said:

Nintendo is so obnoxious with being against fan games even if they're not being used to make money, I just don't want to ever try... -_-

AM2R didn't get struck 'till it was basically done, I wouldn't really fret over it.

Thanks! I meant Wald but autocorrect bested me a couple times. 

if I really went into it, I may cut down some characters. 
I’d like Priam, Ike, Thane, and Pelleas to each be their own armies but I could just do Ike and most of the mercs, plus a few fan favorites; Tellius gets 20-30 instead of 40ish, Thane gets a small but elite army of Laguz, and Pelleas can have the dawn brigade + Mia + a couple related characters until Micaiah shows up and takes control 

so Thane  and Pelleas could have small but elite, while Priam and Ike have the bigger armies that are reminiscent of RD’s huge cast, without being too much. Only need Priam, Elliot, Elena, Klaus, Wald, and then Mist’s descendant to ensure the story works. 

everyone else would be more characters to flesh out the world, and add unique classes the others can’t achieve for balance.