Forging Bonds: Peaceful Ends! (May 8th 2020)

A new Forging Bonds event is coming on May 8th, titled "Peaceful Ends"!

ih0abfi.jpg

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are the "Fallen" versions of Male Corrin, Lyon, Julia, and Ike, the new Heroes from the Dark Burdens Banner.

In Forging Bonds, SP and Hero Merit earned in battle are doubled, so use this opportunity to train your most needed units. 

And here is the Multipliers Schedule:

Spoiler

lZkSLZK.jpg

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Oh my gosh that dragon hat is so cute! I'm kind of curious about how the text in this event will go. I wonder if Valentine's Griel will show up in Ike's conversation... Maybe Mist will, too. I do kind of have a bad feeling about it, though.

What the hell is Julia's support even

I think I lost some of the respect I had for some of the characters involved

All the dudes had good supports, and Ashnard being a part of the story via the "cutscenes" was a good idea. Just ... Julia's feels on the same tier as Fiora's forging bonds.

Yeah, even with the ending I found it really unsatisfying overall. Corrin's interactions with little Azura made him realize on his own that he's hurting his friends by staying away. Ike's support mostly reaffirms his character, that Soren and Mist trust that their Ike wouldn't lose himself, and Ike saying that he wants to protect his friends, and what good is that if he loses himself? Lyon talking to himself and outgaming him is good, does wonders for Lyon in getting a bit of confidence.

Julia's is just ... I mean, my issue with the play is that even if the other girls are trying to help out Julia, their constantly pretending that she's just acting ignores the real issue. It would've been less facepalm-inducing for me if the girls actually tried talking to her seriously, with optimism, and maybe legendary Julia directly talking to her possessed self, instead of this facade about a play.

Or maybe even Seliph talking to her in the end and getting her to realize a bit of her own self, or maybe seeing her mother and father. Just ... this felt really dumb, even if they're just acting.

Edited by Sunwoo

This is interesting so far! Well, except Corrin talking to the summoner. A character talking to the summoner is never interesting. But besides that, I like this so far.

That play thing with Julia. lol

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I think I lost some of the respect I had for some of the characters involved

It’s a magical girl reference and it’s wonderful also It’s really sweet by the end so there’s that. I have no idea what show it’s referencing some kind of anime. Sailor moon? Madoka Magica? I dunno

Edited by Ottservia

I liked Corrin's conversations. At first, I though it would be those boring Summoner conversation only, but having Azura in the middle made it more enjoyable and at the end it was a pretty good one. I didn't mind being a summoner conversation at all this time. 

Ike stuffs bacon into his face every morning confirmed. LOL I am cracking up so hard at this one! 🤣 I hope you have a few eggs or something with all that bacon, Ike!

The magical girl reference with Julia is cute and amusing imo. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Corrin starts boring but gets good in the second convo when Little Azura shows up.

Ike's is kinda cute being a nightmare from Mist. Seeing her interacting with Soren was great, specially with Soren not being a jerk. It was probably more than what they interacted in both their games.

Lyon's is interesting with Good and Bad Lyon.

Julia's is hilarious.

So does anyone know if the Japanese text in Julia’s FB is anymore explicit? I know it’s referencing something but I don’t know what and it’s eating at me

I think it would have been best if Cecilia was not present in Julia's conversations. The likes of Tailtiu, Nino, Elise are all either kids or bimbo's. But Cecilia is a smart lady, a mage general and overall very competent gall. That cutesy, hyperactive young girls can't tell that Jullia isn't acting is fine enough but that a mage general can't see the difference is kinda dumb. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think it would have been best if Cecilia was not present in Julia's conversations. The likes of Tailtiu, Nino, Elise are all either kids or bimbo's. But Cecilia is a smart lady, a mage general and overall very competent gall. That cutesy, hyperactive young girls can't tell that Jullia isn't acting is fine enough but that a mage general can't see the difference is kinda dumb. 

But she does know the difference, she was just pretending not to at least that was implication by the end of it

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Cecilia does know, though, she's doing this as a means for F!Julia to hopefully break free of the darkness. If you remove Cecilia, then no one knows what's going on.

Got lame summons (got a full colorless session and common greens and reds). Oh well.

For the Forging Bonds:

Interesting that Fallen Ashnard shows up since the GHB 5th unit is typically left out of Forging Bonds conversations.

Fallen Ike's wasn't too interesting if only because he doesn't actually appear until the S-conversation and only towards the end of it, confronting Legend Ike, pretty much looking like an "Oh, you're approaching me?" Jojo meme.

Fallen Lyon, in my opinion, got the best conversation chain since he meets his post-death self, with the latter proving that knowledge is indeed a power of its own. That checkmate on the Demon King!

Fallen Corrin... gotta feel bad for him and would've wanted him to spend more time with Young Azura in the conversation chain.

Fallen Julia -- pretty funny way to try to rehabilitate her from her brainwashed state with a magical girl stage play of all things (without knowing that they ARE aware of her brainwashed state, it was pretty funny to watch them react as if her speech were just stage lines; if it weren't for the fact that it's a mahou shoujo play, Odin could've been involved in the chain in awe of Fallen Julia). Guess bringing Seliph in would be too easy and would make way too much sense.

I thought about why Julia's support chain bothered me so much, and I think I finally got why. Ever since they started doing forging bonds, all of the fallen heroes are either trying to find a purpose as to why they're even here, or people around them are trying to alleviate the darkness inside them a little. Their conversations are often very direct, and really get into the characters' heads.

Fallen Berkut's was actually really good. He realizes that gaining power didn't actually make him happy, but that he lost everything that mattered to him instead. It's also interesting that even in his state he's looking for Rinea who ... you know, he sacrificed. He also has an interesting conversation with f!Corrin in her support, where he confronts her on her power and makes her consider a different perspective. Fallen Mareeta had the advantage of being able to interact with the actual Mareeta in the latter's forging bonds.

Fallen Ike's conversations seem to mostly focus on his friends' fears that Ike will be consumed. And yeah, it's not the most interesting but Fallen Ike never happened either in canon, and there is some humor in Soren and Ike himself trolling Fallen Ike by saying "yeah, you can't happen because the real Ike is stronger than you". So at the very least, it's funny.

Julia's forging bonds just ignores her situation. It slaps a saccharine make-believe over it, pretending that somehow making her act in a children's play is a way to bring her closer to the light instead of ... you know, talking to her and trying to snap her out of her brainwashing. I would've been okay with all the current characters showing up and trying to talk her out of the brainwashing, resorting to happy silly things when talking failed because they think that might work, instead of just talking over her the entire time. And that might be my issue -- all the other girls talked over Julia and she was basically stuck reacting to their "foolishness" rather than getting much deeper insight into her other than "Seliph, why does that name feel familiar". It's also a terrible injustice that she doesn't get to talk to her mother, father, half-brother(s), twin brother, or herself directly. All of whom are, you know, in the game.

I did think it was kind of abruptly ended, but I love how chill Ike is about seeing his fallen self. lol He's like "Oh, so you're gonna try to harrass me this time. Okay." And then that's it. That's so funny. XD

And Ike stuffing his face with bacon is still the most hilarious image I've gotten in any FB. LOL

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Fallen Julia -- pretty funny way to try to rehabilitate her from her brainwashed state with a magical girl stage play of all things (without knowing that they ARE aware of her brainwashed state, it was pretty funny to watch them react as if her speech were just stage lines; if it weren't for the fact that it's a mahou shoujo play, Odin could've been involved in the chain in awe of Fallen Julia). Guess bringing Seliph in would be too easy and would make way too much sense.

I’m surprised we didn’t see Cynthia during the FB cause if there’s any character that would be into the whole mahou shoujo thing it would be her. That’s pretty much her whole schtick

Lyon’s FB convo is one of the best in the game! I loved it!

I’m glad M Corrin didn’t completely get the shafted summoner tall. Having him meet baby Azura was cute too!

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I thought about why Julia's support chain bothered me so much, and I think I finally got why. Ever since they started doing forging bonds, all of the fallen heroes are either trying to find a purpose as to why they're even here, or people around them are trying to alleviate the darkness inside them a little. Their conversations are often very direct, and really get into the characters' heads.

Hide contents

Fallen Berkut's was actually really good. He realizes that gaining power didn't actually make him happy, but that he lost everything that mattered to him instead. It's also interesting that even in his state he's looking for Rinea who ... you know, he sacrificed. He also has an interesting conversation with f!Corrin in her support, where he confronts her on her power and makes her consider a different perspective. Fallen Mareeta had the advantage of being able to interact with the actual Mareeta in the latter's forging bonds.

Fallen Ike's conversations seem to mostly focus on his friends' fears that Ike will be consumed. And yeah, it's not the most interesting but Fallen Ike never happened either in canon, and there is some humor in Soren and Ike himself trolling Fallen Ike by saying "yeah, you can't happen because the real Ike is stronger than you". So at the very least, it's funny.

Julia's forging bonds just ignores her situation. It slaps a saccharine make-believe over it, pretending that somehow making her act in a children's play is a way to bring her closer to the light instead of ... you know, talking to her and trying to snap her out of her brainwashing. I would've been okay with all the current characters showing up and trying to talk her out of the brainwashing, resorting to happy silly things when talking failed because they think that might work, instead of just talking over her the entire time. And that might be my issue -- all the other girls talked over Julia and she was basically stuck reacting to their "foolishness" rather than getting much deeper insight into her other than "Seliph, why does that name feel familiar". It's also a terrible injustice that she doesn't get to talk to her mother, father, half-brother(s), twin brother, or herself directly. All of whom are, you know, in the game.

Well... yeah, having a fallen Julia conversation with ANY of her family members would instantly take her out of it and render her whole fallen state pointless. It's why Seliph shows up as a reference and honestly... I can appreciate the fresh take, especially when characters like Cecilia ARE aware and choose to approach it in a light hearted manner than trying to make Julia speak. Elise specifically does her light hearted advice approach with F!Julia in the Forging Bonds.