How good are Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn?

Harvey

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Here I am sitting on two copies of each. 1 RD copy is sealed as well. But yeah, the price is crazy.

I'm sitting on one copy of each, but I hear you. Whenever I think about selling them, I'm torn:

Me: "But Path of Radiance is my favourite game!"

Also me: "But I could probably buy two brand new games after selling it!"

5 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I'm sitting on one copy of each, but I hear you. Whenever I think about selling them, I'm torn:

Me: "But Path of Radiance is my favourite game!"

Also me: "But I could probably buy two brand new games after selling it!"

So true! But I don't think I could sell them, personally. Just having them in my collection is something I feel blessed about, as funny as that sounds.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So true! But I don't think I could sell them, personally. Just having them in my collection is something I feel blessed about, as funny as that sounds.

Same. I've been trying to make space (and money) for the games I plan to get by selling a lot of my old games, but so many of them are now only worth $2. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are two of the few games that would get a good amount of money, and yet, I can't bring myself to sell them. 

Tellius is my favourite in the series. Echoing everyone praising PoR. However RD is my favourite and I think people are a bit too hard on it, the story has some issues but they mostly come in the latter parts and don't, imo, ruin the overall plot. It does some ambitious things and it doesn't always execute them perfectly, is all. Definitely needs to be played after PoR though, the story and most of the cast is deeply tied to the first game. Gameplay in both is linear, including set promotions, so I'm not sure how hard it would be to go back to that if you're more used to the newer games which allow more player choice. However, maps and mission variety is excellent, and skills/forging still allow some customization.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:36 PM, Solvaij said:

I got lucky and had a friend who owned both games. He's not a huge FE person and hadn't really even played them. 😄 Maybe if you ask around you'll find out someone you know has a copy and didn't realize it. Or you could find another way to play them.

That can't work for both ways in my case. I'm in a country where getting older Nintendo stuff is extremely difficult and the only other option is to get it shipped which also adds to the cost and further makes it more expensive.

And the other way can't work as well due to how I heard stories that they are poorly executed. Seriously, Nintendo/IS really need to atleast port these games. After all, one of the devs themselves said that PoR was not even finished.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:36 PM, Solvaij said:

Out of curiosity, what FE games have you played?

So far...

Awakening, Fates, Echoes, 3H, Blade of Light, New Mystery of the Emblem, Holy war, Tharacia 776, Blazing and Binding Blade. I haven't gotten Sacred Stones, Por and RD. Atleast the former unlike these two games are much easy to get my hands on so hopefully, I should be able to play Sacred Stones.

Edited by Harvey