My Cat Got Scared S#@%^&$$ by Something I Think

XRay

My cat was yowling in the dining room earlier, so I rushed out my bedroom to see what was going on. I tried to calm her down and pet her, but she yowled at me and scratched me. I attempted to approach her a few more times, but she kept hissing and keeping her distance. I decided to go out the dining room into the back yard to check if there is anything outside, but I did not see anything, so it probably got scared away by my cats loud yowling. I attempted to comfort my cat a few more times, whistling and offering her canned food, but she remained hostile. I just left her alone to calm down for a bit in the dining room. I checked up on her a few more times, slowly approaching her while keeping my distance until she warns me to back off. I left my bedroom door open slightly open in case she wants to come me again once she has fully calmed down. She opened my bedroom door after a while, but she did not come in and walked off. I attempted to approach her again, but she hissed, so I backed off and I closed my bedroom door but left it ajar. After a little more while, she opened the door again, finally decided come in my room, jumped onto my bed, and allowed me to pet her.

I am able to cat huff her belly, so I guess everything is all fine now.

I assume her sudden extreme aggression was that she was scared shitless by something that walked across my backyard, but the extreme aggression never happened before. She has seen squirrels and other cats walked by the yard in the past. Maybe it was her first time seeing a racoon or something? Not really sure what she saw that made her react that way.

Edited by Captain Karnage

Poor baby.

I expected this topic to say she was constipated, because I guess that sounds like your sense of humor to say "shitless" for that.

1 hour ago, Navv said:

your cat could have smelled another cat in the area? possibly a stray walked by?

or more realistically

a ghost 

Stray cats frequently walked past my front door in the living room, but she never acted that aggressive before (she usually runs away to avoid confrontation, so the extreme aggression was a little surprising), although I guess it is possible that maybe a stray cat got too close to the dining room glass door suddenly and spooked my cat.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Poor baby.

I expected this topic to say she was constipated, because I guess that sounds like your sense of humor to say "shitless" for that.

I was worried she was acting aggressive due to a health issue and that she was experiencing pain or something, but thankfully she returned to normal, so I think it was most likely that she saw something scary.

Edited by XRay

On 5/8/2020 at 3:20 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Poor baby. Personally my own cat is a baddass who wants to go out in the rain and kills moles and mice's for fun. 

Boots is literally a scaredy cat. She is not a huge fan of strangers and she is pretty jumpy when it comes to things and sounds she is not very familiar with. She is still somewhat afraid of the ceiling fan if it spins, and she does not like vacuum cleaners either.

On 5/9/2020 at 6:42 PM, Dragoncat said:

My cat is fat and lazy.

My cat gets the zoomies from time to time, so I guess that is how she keeps in shape.