Dungeons and Dragons Fodlan

Dark Mark

I am unaware if this would count as relevant for this forum,please let me know if this is not appropriate.  I was curious if anyone ran a game of Dungeons and Dragons 5e in the setting of Fodlan/FE3H. I plan on doing so myself but I was hoping someone else has so I can stea..I mean borrow ideas and or resources. I don't want to run the setting exactly  like the game in terms of the only race being humans, I would like to hear any ideas if people don't mind.

Yeah, wrong subforum.  I need to do a bit of checking to see where this goes before I move it.

EDIT: If this doesn't belong here, whoever wants it moved needs to ping me, and tell me why this doesn't fit.

Edited by eclipse

I am actually doing something similar as I am running a game set in Fodlan for first edition pathfinder. I guess that is close enough?

I set my game five years after the end of the Crimson Flower route. It is primarily about Edelgard's shadow war with the Agarthans. The player characters are hired by Hubert von Vestra to the source of a plague that has been sweeping the lands. Turns out that this is a refined version of the Remire strain, an illness that turns people into plague zombies. It was spread by the Agarthans in the guise of priests from the church of Seiros (because of course they would try to frame this on their ancient enemies).  

The plague is being spread with the use of rats (frequent use of rats swarms carrying the illness). Primarily because the Agarthans know this will mess with Edelgard psychologically.

There is also another plotline of Rufus Blaiddyd trying to start a rebellion against the Emperor. Emperor Edelgard, not wanting this to escalate into another continental conflict, sends the players as diplomatic envoys to settle matters with Rufus peacefully. Rufus believes the old king Dimitri's claims that Edelgard is responsible for the tragedy of Duscur. So he seeks revenge both for his brother and nephew. As well, as trying to liberate the kingdom from Imperial occupation. Edelgard makes it clear that while she would wish to avoid further conflict, if a compromise can't be reached,which she considers acceptable then she wouldn't hesitate to bring down the full might of the imperial army down upon the rebels.  

Hubert convertly gets another solution to the players, assassinate Rufus and the rebellion would fall with him. 

Little do either of them know that the rebellion is being supported by what appears to be church of Seiros remnants that I stoke the flames of hatred. Rufus has an old high priest at his court that is in reality Myson of the Agarthans in disguise.

I could link you a few resources. If you want, even if I am using if a different game system. It might be similar enough for it to be of some use. As the two systems at least have similar core rules. 

3 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

I am actually doing something similar as I am running a game set in Fodlan for first edition pathfinder. I guess that is close enough?

I set my game five years after the end of the Crimson Flower route. It is primarily about Edelgard's shadow war with the Agarthans. The player characters are hired by Hubert von Vestra to the source of a plague that has been sweeping the lands. Turns out that this is a refined version of the Remire strain, an illness that turns people into plague zombies. It was spread by the Agarthans in the guise of priests from the church of Seiros (because of course they would try to frame this on their ancient enemies).  

The plague is being spread with the use of rats (frequent use of rats swarms carrying the illness). Primarily because the Agarthans know this will mess with Edelgard psychologically.

There is also another plotline of Rufus Blaiddyd trying to start a rebellion against the Emperor. Emperor Edelgard, not wanting this to escalate into another continental conflict, sends the players as diplomatic envoys to settle matters with Rufus peacefully. Rufus believes the old king Dimitri's claims that Edelgard is responsible for the tragedy of Duscur. So he seeks revenge both for his brother and nephew. As well, as trying to liberate the kingdom from Imperial occupation. Edelgard makes it clear that while she would wish to avoid further conflict, if a compromise can't be reached,which she considers acceptable then she wouldn't hesitate to bring down the full might of the imperial army down upon the rebels.  

Hubert convertly gets another solution to the players, assassinate Rufus and the rebellion would fall with him. 

Little do either of them know that the rebellion is being supported by what appears to be church of Seiros remnants that I stoke the flames of hatred. Rufus has an old high priest at his court that is in reality Myson of the Agarthans in disguise.

I could link you a few resources. If you want, even if I am using if a different game system. It might be similar enough for it to be of some use. As the two systems at least have similar core rules. 

Oh interesting! Ok I would appreciate that, I’m interested how you deal with the crests!

14 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

I’d be interested to play, but I only have D&D 5e stuff.

I’m a 5e guy myself, I could use players, I would like to get to know you a tad because it would not be fun for anyone if we ended up not likening each other. Do you have discord?

1 minute ago, Dark Mark said:

I’m a 5e guy myself, I could use players, I would like to get to know you a tad because it would not be fun for anyone if we ended up not likening each other. Do you have discord?

I do. I wonder if we can maybe adapt the stuff @Darkmoon6789 mentioned to 5e, if possible. Won’t be the first time anyone adapted a Pathfinder game to 5e (Critical Role, mainly).

12 minutes ago, Azure loves his Half Elves said:

I do. I wonder if we can maybe adapt the stuff @Darkmoon6789 mentioned to 5e, if possible. Won’t be the first time anyone adapted a Pathfinder game to 5e (Critical Role, mainly).

Ok, want to dm me the discord info?

I’m hoping I can use some stuff from @Darkmoon6789

2 hours ago, Dark Mark said:

Oooo that’d be cool.

I would have if it was an online game, but I am playing with the life, friends, and we meet up once a week. 

I am more than willing to share my notes though. 

When it comes to crests I usually handle them as a feat you can only pick at first level when you first create a character. If you use fifth edition, use variant human and replace the starting feat.