Grand Hero Battle: Repatriation (Ashnard)

Since the enemies were close together, Jaffar had a field day with this one.  Thanks to the flying enemies, Leon did, too.

55 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Edelgard

Hide contents

aM4NX6Y.png

is

Hide contents

dD1XUsR.png

not

Hide contents

4mi3akf.png

broken,

Reveal hidden contents

rRCmXe4.png

I swear!

Reveal hidden contents

e49lPoT.png

It's definitely everyone else!

Reveal hidden contents

CY6EsPP.png

Yeah, this was fun.

How many merges do you have for Edelgard and what Ivs?

45 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

How many merges do you have for Edelgard and what Ivs?

+10 merge. +Atk. Base kit with Galeforce instead of Bonfire and the Heavy Blade Sacred Seal.

@Diovani Bressan

Whoa, I wasn’t expecting Saizo to totally obliterate Ashnard there. I can’t tell, was Vantage just there so he could style on the Lance Fighter? Nice job!

On 5/9/2020 at 6:15 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

@LordFrigid Azura is my favorite Shadow Dragon character.

...So that’s how it’s going to be.

Spoiler

It occurs to me that I’ve now set myself up for “Groom Marth is my favorite Caeda alt.” ...oh well.

@Maaka

Watching Bartre go against the weapon triangle and eat the boss’ special never gets old. Doubly impressive due to Gugurant’s Atk & Def lowering effects. Nice work!

@Landmaster

I see Nowi’s cheating again...at least she didn’t kill the guy. Not much to say, here...the spread-out enemies never really had a chance of converging on your units in time to be a real threat. Great job!

7 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Whoa, I wasn’t expecting Saizo to totally obliterate Ashnard there. I can’t tell, was Vantage just there so he could style on the Lance Fighter? Nice job!

Hahaha. Yeah, I just did the clear again but without Vantage... and the B skills is not needed at all! To be fair, I didn't plan to 1-turn the map. I was like: "Ok, I will charge the special in this Lance Fighter, so I can deal with Ashnard and his insta special right away". But then everyone killed themselves into Saizo, and I was like: "wat? I won?"

Nice clear with triple Caeda and Marth. Galeforce Archanea-Style.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Morgan had fun with his three dancers, and I'm fairly sure that I found this map annoying to replicate my first clear.  I really need to remember to film them as I am doing them so problem solving is visible- or just for the number of attempts it takes to clear it.

It could be worse I suppose.

On 5/10/2020 at 10:24 AM, Anacybele said:

Looks like Ike Emblem is sadly impossible here unless you break the rules a bit and switch one out for a healer or something like that. Ashnard and that lance flier are too bulky. Even Brave Ike takes a ton of damage. Also, there's a bug causing Ashnard's special cooldown to always be at zero when he has no skills or help from allies to make this happen. So that's annoying. I hope it's fixed soon. GHBs and all often have the main enemy start with their special charged right away, but they never always had the cooldown at zero. So this is a bug.

Actually... it's not a bug.

It's a new thing for GHB/BHB maps without reinforcements. They will have their special counter reduced for these maps. Not even Witchy Wand or Melancholy can reset their special back to the normal counter.

Spoiler

zgAujMf.png

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Actually... it's not a bug.

It's a new thing for GHB/BHB maps without reinforcements. They will have their special counter reduced for these maps. Not even Witchy Wand or Melancholy can reset their special back to the normal counter.

Reveal hidden contents

zgAujMf.png

...Wow. Still annoying though. It would've been fun to be able to take this guy down with a bunch of Ikes...

@Zeo @mampfoid @Ginko @daisy jane @DarkAlf @BoaFerox @DLNarshen

@Diovani Bressan Saizo too strong. What infinite special?

@Maaka Quadding Florina is just so fun to see. Bartre took a big hit but his furious muscles are too strong.

@Alexmender Nice cheap Soren there, similar to mine heh. Always great to see some Young Ike use! Nice setup with Tibarn for the final Ike finisher.

@Landmaster Nice music track. Elise sure showed who was the better green blade mage, although 1 HP was close. Ashnard must've be embarrassed to lose to a staff unit.

@Anacybele Well speaking of Ikes..

Team is +Spd +1 Ike, +HP/-Spd Brave Ike, neutral Legendary Ike and +HP/-Def Fallen Ike

Music is To Challenge Ashnard from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

- Fallen Ike a beast. Even when crazed, being next to himself (?) powers him up, thank to turning debuffs from being adjacent into buffs. He also needed some Def/Res Bond and buffs from Close Guard to help tank Ashnard's special though.

- Talking about another monster, B!Ike's Urvan refine is really crazy. He was MVP especially against the blues that the Ragnell wielding Ikes couldn't handle very well.

- Shout out to Young Ike (Y!Ike?) finishing off the lancer with Luna though (1 non-special damage makes me sad). You thought Fallen Ike will finish off Fallen Ashnard? Well L!Ike is here to do the job, fittingly enough showing that heroic ideals win the day

---

And now for a contrasting theme, it's some Black Knights against Ashnard!

Team is neutral +1 Black Knight, +Atk +1 Zelgius, +Atk +1 Ares and neutral Camus

Music is Against the Black Knight from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

- The Black Knight recruits fellow black knights to battle the Daien ruler. Having 3 red units, with 2 of them being armoured was pretty tricky so Camus had to be in charge with tanking blues while Ares did the heavy lifting with Bonfire proc trains. Even then, a lot of Spurs and Drives were needed to either survive or do just enough damage.

- Being the only blue, Camus was the best unit to take a hit from the blue enemies, especially since the armoured black knights take heavy damage straight away (darn armour-effective lance!). QR was needed to do as much damage to the infantry lance, softening him up for Ares.

- Since the BKs trade hits straight away, I had to use low HP skills to make sure they're not complete deadweights later. Vantage Black Luna from the OG BK deletes the green mage in a blink of an eye, while Zelgius swaps Warp Powder with Escape Route to both manipulate the AI and to provide Spur Atk/Close Guard buffs to the team. BK also provides Atk/Def buffs but Zelgius's warping also allows for a Swap + Warp combo.

- While double Brazen Atk/Def Ares is a monster, he just falls short of KOing Ashnard or the blue units without support. In fact, I had to rely on Camus with Def buffs to tank and soften Ashnard- even then I had to wait out several turns for Renewal to heal Camus back up to full (Gradivus refine when).

----

Going back to Tellius, here is a fun one with some seasonal Tellius girls

Team is neutral Valentine Titania, +Spd/-Def Valentine Mist, +Def/-Atk Soiree Nephenne and +Def/-HP Dancer Elincia Music is Decisive Attack from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

- Bladetomes are everything. I wanted to use seasonal Mist, Elincia and Titania in a clear and I realised I can make a full team. Tellius seasonal girls sure have high quality art! Now they can beat the Mad King with the power of seasonal joy!

- Sudden Panic? Meet Tactics! Helps that Nephenee already has Spd Tactic in her kit. V!Titania just needed a simple Atk +1 to completely finish off the Red fox tome flier. Just wish the dancers attacked more since I love their art.

----

And lastly here are some Tellius rulers against the Mad King from Daein.

Team is +Atk/-Def Caineghis, neutral Brave Micaiah, +Atk +1 Elincia and +HP/-Def Sanaki

Music is Ascent from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

- Pretty straightforward, just needed Close Def and Micaiah's Sacrifice on Caineghis so he has enough HP against Ashnard and Elincia needed more speed against the red mage flier so Spd Smoke helped with that. And yes I get the irony with most of the team being playable only in Radiant Dawn

15 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Team is +Spd +1 Ike, +HP/-Spd Brave Ike, neutral Legendary Ike and +HP/-Def Fallen Ike

Music is To Challenge Ashnard from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

- Fallen Ike a beast. Even when crazed, being next to himself (?) powers him up, thank to turning debuffs from being adjacent into buffs. He also needed some Def/Res Bond and buffs from Close Guard to help tank Ashnard's special though.

- Talking about another monster, B!Ike's Urvan refine is really crazy. He was MVP especially against the blues that the Ragnell wielding Ikes couldn't handle very well.

- Shout out to Young Ike (Y!Ike?) finishing off the lancer with Luna though (1 non-special damage makes me sad). You thought Fallen Ike will finish off Fallen Ashnard? Well L!Ike is here to do the job, fittingly enough showing that heroic ideals win the day

And I couldn't do it with a team of Ikes that had way more merges... I guess I actually am not good at this game like I always believed. I never thought I was an expert, but I never considered myself a bad player either. But if someone can clear a map with weaker units while I'm struggling with much stronger ones...yeah.

I know you're not trying to make me feel bad, I don't blame you. It's my own fault.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele It was actually pretty hard for me too and there's lots of trial and error involved with it, I had to keep changing strategies (lots of seal shuffling, was forced to upgrade skills i never thought i’d do) and had to do uncommon things that I wouldn't do in other modes, like changing Aether to Luna just to see if things work.

At least with GHBs you can try again and again (to be fair though I spent way too long on this) but at least your merged units would be better for arena and modes like that! I have trouble in PvP modes with some super-merged units but with this game it's just about getting the right skills/having a good team, knowing your unit's strengths/limits and having some knowledge of the AI. At the very least, if you enjoy completing your favourites that should be good, hope you can improve more than you already have!

Edited by mcsilas

41 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Anacybele It was actually pretty hard for me too and there's lots of trial and error involved with it, I had to keep changing strategies (lots of seal shuffling, was forced to upgrade skills i never thought i’d do) and had to do uncommon things that I wouldn't do in other modes, like changing Aether to Luna just to see if things work.

At least with GHBs you can try again and again (to be fair though I spent way too long on this) but at least your merged units would be better for arena and modes like that! I have trouble in PvP modes with some super-merged units but with this game it's just about getting the right skills/having a good team, knowing your unit's strengths/limits and having some knowledge of the AI. At the very least, if you enjoy completing your favourites that should be good, hope you can improve more than you already have!

Oh, wow, I see. Yeah, I do try to use GD Ike in arena as often as I can because he's a +10 armor. So I definitely am aware that more merges means more scoring. If I can win a lot without deaths that is...

@Sasori - How are you liking Siegbert’s refine? He looks like he’s enjoying it so far? I love the Lull on Mae, that’s some spicy investment.

@LordFrigid - The Triple Caeda rampage is among us. Wonder if we’ll see double Baby Caeda...

@mcsilas - Oho, Ike Emblem with big Ike number 2. They handled this one pretty easily. I like how the big Ikes swapped between each other for the final showdown. Nice clear!

The Black Knights were pretty heavy on the enemy phase. I loved all the back and forth warping. Didn’t realize it was for Renewal stalling at first but worked out just fine~

The Valentines Cav Horses wanted their turn, it seems,  not bad, the two handled it just fine without even needing full team.

I love how Micky just existed to give her HP to Mufasa so he could keep tanking like a lunatic. Noice~

On 5/17/2020 at 5:17 AM, Landmaster said:

@Sasori - How are you liking Siegbert’s refine? He looks like he’s enjoying it so far? I love the Lull on Mae, that’s some spicy investment.

Siegbert's refine is a bit boring, but it does a good job. He can use the stat boost now that everyone get thougher.

She has atk/res solo too. I had a goth idol that I had no use for and Mae's attack is big enough to make good use of it.