Frederick's Age in Relation to Emmeryn

So, I keep seeing people say that Frederick is younger than Emmeryn, and Emmeryn is either 25 or 27. This seems a little weird to me, since Frederick acts like an old grandpa, though I suppose that might just be because of his duties? 
Anyways, does anybody know where it's canonically stated that Frederick is younger than Emmeryn? Since most people seem to accept that as fact, I'd like to know how so many people came to that conclusion, or was it just one person's headcanon that spread like wildfire?

This looks like a cue for me! I'm a major Frederick fangirl that learns everything I can about him and I've found nothing even hinting at how old Freddy is. So I personally peg him at the same age as Emmeryn.

And even if Frederick does act like an old grandpa, he is definitely not THAT old.

Edited by Anacybele

According to Chrom, Emmeryn became the Exalt just before her 10th birthday, meaning that she is roughly 24 to 25 years old at the start of Awakening.

Frederick's always looked about 25 to me and comparing his level of duty and responsibility to Emmeryn's, factoring in that he's a hard worker and Emmeryn, while also very dedicated is a bit more chill, I'd say this isn't too far off the mark.

For further reference, Chrom is 17 at the start of the game and Lissa is roughly 14-15. 

Emmeryn is 25 according to all the sources I've seen, so I could actually see Frederik being younger as he and Lissa can S-Support even before the timeskip, and with Lissa being around 15, yeah, I'd say Frederick is probably around his early twenties. He's just a very mature young man.

27 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

Emmeryn is 25 according to all the sources I've seen, so I could actually see Frederik being younger as he and Lissa can S-Support even before the timeskip, and with Lissa being around 15, yeah, I'd say Frederick is probably around his early twenties. He's just a very mature young man.

If Frederick is early twenties, it wouldn't be because he can marry Lissa. She can marry Gregor too and he looks close to 40.

Freddy also refers to Henry as a "young man" so I don't think Freddy himself is any younger than 25.

Edited by Anacybele

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

If Frederick is early twenties, it wouldn't be because he can marry Lissa. She can marry Gregor too and he looks close to 40.

Freddy also refers to Henry as a "young man" so I don't think Freddy himself is any younger than 25.

Hm... I don't remember Gregor and Lissa having a support. Then again, its been a while since I played the game, but I suppose I see your point. I'll always see him more around 22-23, but that's just me.

49 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

Hm... I don't remember Gregor and Lissa having a support. Then again, its been a while since I played the game, but I suppose I see your point. I'll always see him more around 22-23, but that's just me.

It's an everyone can marry everyone thing. Except if the character is Chrom or Sumia.

11 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

Or any of the post skip characters. I'll have to go look at the Lissa Gregor support now. I'm sure it's, interesting.

Yeah, true. And be my guest. 😛