What would the FE side of the roster look like in a future games, if based solely on popularity?

Perkilator

Just as the title says. If future games’ FE side of the roster was based purely on character popularity, what would the roster look like? My guess would be:

-Marth (de facto mascot)

-Ike (popularity and Brawl nostalgia to back him up)

-Chrom (main character of the game that saved FE)

-Lyn (most popular female FE character, plus one of the main characters of the first FE game to hit the US (thanks to Roy’s appearance in Melee))

-Dimitri (most popular House Leader next to Edelgard)

-Anna (recurring character in nearly every game)

I'd rather separate Chrom and Lucina from Roy and Marth by giving them more weapons to use in their moveset, akin to Byleth. Marth and Roy were locked to the Lord class, Chrom and Lucina are not. In fact, I'd be totally cool with Chrom becoming the new face of Fire Emblem by adding a lance, bow, and axe to his moveset, representing all the major nonmagical weapon types while Robin handily represents tomes.

• Marth
  • Anna
  • Lyn
  • Ike
  • Robin
  • Chrom
  • Corrin
  • Edelgard

Though if you ask me, they oughta just divvy up the player slots between classes, and let you choose from a selection of FE characters to provide voice clips. Classes in the 3D games just use head swaps anyway, so a similar principle could be applied in Smash.

• Lord - Balanced swordfighter
  • Mercenary - Two-handed swordfighter
  • Myrmidon - Agile swordfighter, uses a bow for range
  • Fighter - Primary axe, secondary bow
  • Knight - Heavy armor, slow movement, primary lance, secondary axe
  • Mage - Pure magic user
  • Weapon Master - Uses a sword, lance, axe, and bow
  • Tactician - Uses a sword and magic
Edited by Lord_Brand

it depends on what kind of "popularity" you're talking about

if it's popularity within the smash community, the roster woud be something like: Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina (purely for her competitive achievements)

if you're talking about popularity within the FE fandom, thus ignoring other factors Nintendo, Sakurai and his team take into consideration when creating new characters, AND ignoring any kind of limit, it would be something like: Marth, Ike, Edelgard, Camilla, Hector, Ephraim, Alm, Celica, Micaiah, Lyn, Lucina and so on and so forth

but since this is impossible (maybe), i'll size it down to: Marth, Ike, Edelgard, Camilla, Celica, Lyn, Lucina, Hector

Edited by Yexin

On 5/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Camilla

Please tell me you're joking.

-----

Based on popularity, I would think that it would be:

Marth (with Lucina echo. She's really popular and a fan favorite in both the FE and Smash communities)

Lyn (with Anna echo)

Ike (with Hector echo)

Chrom (with Roy echo. I don't think Roy's popular in the FE fandom as much as he is popular for Smash players because he's a good fighter)

Robin

Edelgard (even though I personally prefer Dimitri and Claude, she's the most popular from what I understand)

I love all the Fire Emblem Representation in Smash Bros (go figure), but I kind of wish it was cut back a lot. FE fans get a bad rap mainly because everyone is sick of Fire Emblem from its over saturation in Smash. I think that only 4 of the 8 Fire Emblem reps should be included in a future smash game.

1. Marth - A legacy Fire Emblem character and a very popular one, even among non FE fans.

2. Ike - Covers Gamecube and Wii era Fire Emblem. Moveset is unique enough compared to Marth's to justify inclusion.

3. Robin - Very unique moveset that makes use of tomes, and Awakening deserved rep because it saved the franchise from cancellation and brought the series into the mainstream.

4. Byleth - Very unique moveset that covers the weapon triangle in Fire Emblem, and Three Houses was a big enough success that its own fighter is understandable.

I'm glad that the other four fighters (Corrin, Roy, Lucina, and Chrom) are in Smash, but I think that they would likely be cut from a future Smash game to minimize the "issue" of Fire Emblem's over representation in Smash.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

The question was which characters would be in based solely on popularity. We can't deny that Camilla is extremely popular, whether we like it or not.

39 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Marth would only get in with a Lucina alt costume. Or rather Marth would be the alt costume. The man, the myth, and the legend still hasn't even won a CYL poll.

Technically he did "win" and have more votes than Ephraim CYL 2, it was just before they started combining the votes between his FE1/11 and FE3/12 self, so he wasn't awarded the "win." He's pretty dang popular.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

-----

Based on popularity, I would think that it would be:

Marth (with Lucina echo. She's really popular and a fan favorite in both the FE and Smash communities)

Lyn (with Anna echo)

Ike (with Hector echo)

Chrom (with Roy echo. I don't think Roy's popular in the FE fandom as much as he is popular for Smash players because he's a good fighter)

Robin

Edelgard (even though I personally prefer Dimitri and Claude, she's the most popular from what I understand)

Joking or not, having a wyvern lord in Smash would be pretty dang interesting.

I like to imagine a world in which Minerva was our first lord and Smash representative, not Marth. That would have been different, and I wonder what FE's reputation in Smash would have been if it had been introduced with a character that badass and unique.

Edited by Etheus