June 2020 New Heroes Speculation

June 2020 New Heroes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2020 at 05:29 PM

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way, that artist will ruin Boyd's chest. No matter what male character, this artist always makes their chests look super weird. Especially Grima Robin whose chest looks like boobs.

Boyd should be drawn by Suekane Kumiko. I think her best work is on muscular hunks like Freddy and Camus! And Boyd is hunky!

Edited by Anacybele

I'm going to be the dark horse and exclude Jill from my desired banner. Micaiah and Sothe were added a long time ago and we still don't have the DB.

Edward, Leo, Nolan, Laura with Aran as a TT unit or if we're doing the FB thing then Jarod as a GHB and perhaps swapping Laura out for Aran for a color balanced banner. But then it would be an all male banner which is pretty much a never.

If we had to have Jill she'd probably come with Zihark and that would be a heartbreaker.

Jill, Edward, and Pelleas joining together for a Daein banner with some DB attention would be fun.

There's a few GHB options, but I'm not sure who the fourth banner unit would be.

Edited by Othin

The Dawn Brigade's absence really isn't that surprising because, as I believe I've already said, none of them outside of Edward are popular in any sense. Between Edward, Leonardo, Nolan, Laura and Aran, only Edward has more than 2,000 votes total across all four CYLs (4,505 votes). The rest just have totals of:

Spoiler

Aran: 1,889
Leonardo: 1,108
Nolan: 974
Laura: 957

So with that in mind, I'm very confident that they will never go for a lineup like Edward-Leonardo-Nolan-Laura + Aran GHB. If they couldn't trust Silque, Python and Conrad (the last of which they apparently had so little faith in that they didn't even put him on the banner) to carry last year's Valentia banner, then there's no way that they'll trust Edward to carry a banner on his lonesome.

And for the record, all of three of Silque, Python and Conrad (who wasn't even in CYL1) have more CYL votes than Edward (4,718, 5,468, and 5,939 respectively).

Edited by Tybrosion

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

The Dawn Brigade's absence really isn't that surprising because, as I believe I've already said, none of them outside of Edward are popular in any sense. Between Edward, Leonardo, Nolan, Laura and Aran, only Edward has more than 2,000 votes total across all four CYLs (4,505 votes). The rest just have totals of:

Hide contents

Aran: 1,889
Leonardo: 1,108
Nolan: 974
Laura: 957

So with that in mind, I'm very confident that they will never go for a lineup like Edward-Leonardo-Nolan-Laura + Aran GHB. If they couldn't trust Silque, Python and Conrad (the last of which they apparently had so little faith in that they didn't even put him on the banner) to carry last year's Valentia banner, then there's no way that they'll trust Edward to carry a banner on his lonesome.

And for the record, all of three of Silque, Python and Conrad (who wasn't even in CYL1) have more CYL votes than Edward (4,718, 5,468, and 5,939 respectively).

The numbers don't lie, but things like popularity lost a fair bit of credibility after the last FE6 banner had units like Percival, Larum and Igrene whom, aside from the latter few people actually wanted. Tellius is a newer game than Binding, but Jill aside, I don't think popularity is going to factor in that much since she's just about the only "must" have character left since Ilyana released as a seasonal.

Factoring in popularity though. Edward is the only DB character I personally want and he is the most popular of the bunch and edges out Zihark as of CYL, so if we were to choose him over Zihark (which would be a dream!) then I could see a Daein banner.

Jill, Edward, Ilyana, variable 4th.

This would actually be a best case scenario for me personally as Edward and Ilyana are both favorites of mine from the Tellius games. Keeping with the Daein theme we only really have Laura and Leo to round out the colorless slot. But if we're color sharing, the 4th slot is pretty much free since the other 3 are more or less some of the most popular units. Tauroneo, Pelleas, Nolan, Aran, Zihark.

Two infantry swords on one banner sucks a lot though, so I hope they wouldn't go that route.

Edited by Zeo

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The numbers don't lie, but things like popularity lost a fair bit of credibility after the last FE6 banner had units like Percival, Larum and Igrene whom, aside from the latter few people actually wanted. Tellius is a newer game than Binding, but Jill aside, I don't think popularity is going to factor in that much since she's just about the only "must" have character left since Ilyana released as a seasonal.

Yeah, and I imagine that they deeply regret that Binding Blade banner and they should for excluding all three of Dieck, Melady and Gonzalez not only once, but twice. Though really, I guess they thought that banner would be adequate enough filler to kill the down time between Books III and IV (and it was at least better than the filler they went with between Books II and III).

I thought Perceval and Igrene were decently popular, as far as Binding Blade characters went? I guess I should look at the CYL numbers again, I think I might have it confused.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

since she's just about the only "must" have character left

Brom, darn you!

35 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I thought Perceval and Igrene were decently popular, as far as Binding Blade characters went? I guess I should look at the CYL numbers again, I think I might have it confused.

Nah, Binding Blade is basically Roy, then Lilina, then everyone else. Here is exactly how all of the Binding Blade characters in Heroes stack up as of CYL4:

Spoiler

Roy: 28,982, CYL1 2nd place male

Lilina: 26,995
Fae: 8,176
Idunn: 7,450
Sophia: 6,924
Rutger: 6,310
Fir: 5,856
Shanna: 4,256
Lugh: 3,561
Wolt: 3,067
Cecilia: 2,709
*Perceval: 2,639
Zephiel; 2,616
Narcian: 2,565
Sue: 2,448
*Echidna: 2,382
Klein: 2,191
Clarine: 2,085
Thea: 2,059
Raigh: 1,832
*Brunnya: 1,500
Gwendolyn: 1,309
*Igrene: 1,262
*Chad: 1,124
Bartre: 686 remember, this guy has an alt
*Larum: 634

* = characters that the November 2019 banner added

Perceval and Echidna are decently popular.....but not so much for the rest of characters that the last Binding Blade banner added. They essentially blew their load on the earlier banner that had Idunn, Rutger (who wasn't even on the banner but I digress), and Lugh.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Brom, darn you!

I actually rather like Brom! But we've had a saturation of Axe armors and... axe units in general recently so unless he's the FIRST 3*4 ARMOR UNIT SINCE SHEENA... I'd rather have Gatrie personally. He's a lance armor but probably my top pick of Tellius armors and probably 2nd favorite armor overall. Oswin of course being #1.

Jill, Zihark, and Tormod could probably make up a "friends of laguz"-themed banner or something, with the last unit being ... I don't know. Someone, I guess. The remaining PoR and RD units could be broken down into various different banners, I wonder what they'll go with in the end.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, Binding Blade is basically Roy, then Lilina, then everyone else. Here is exactly how all of the Binding Blade characters in Heroes stack up as of CYL4:

Reveal hidden contents

Roy: 28,982, CYL1 2nd place male

Lilina: 26,995
Fae: 8,176
Idunn: 7,450
Sophia: 6,924
Rutger: 6,310
Fir: 5,856
Shanna: 4,256
Lugh: 3,561
Wolt: 3,067
Cecilia: 2,709
*Perceval: 2,639
Zephiel; 2,616
Narcian: 2,565
Sue: 2,448
*Echidna: 2,382
Klein: 2,191
Clarine: 2,085
Thea: 2,059
Raigh: 1,832
*Brunnya: 1,500
Gwendolyn: 1,309
*Igrene: 1,262
*Chad: 1,124
Bartre: 686 remember, this guy has an alt
*Larum: 634

* = characters that the November 2019 banner added

Perceval and Echidna are decently popular.....but not so much for the rest of characters that the last Binding Blade banner added. They essentially blew their load on the earlier banner that had Idunn, Rutger (who wasn't even on the banner but I digress), and Lugh.

Ah, dang. For some reason, I thought Igrene was more popular than that. I'm not sure I'd say they blew their entire load quite yet, though, popularity aside. Melady and Dieck are still missing, and Elffin and Douglas are more "prominent" absent characters (Douglas to complete the three generals with Cecilia and Perceval, Elffin because Western Isles importance).

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

I actually rather like Brom! But we've had a saturation of Axe armors and... axe units in general recently so unless he's the FIRST 3*4 ARMOR UNIT SINCE SHEENA... I'd rather have Gatrie personally. He's a lance armor but probably my top pick of Tellius armors and probably 2nd favorite armor overall. Oswin of course being #1.

True, we've gotten quite a few axe armors lately. He could be a lance armor, though, if they go with PoR and not RD; all kinda depends on which they go with.

54 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ah, dang. For some reason, I thought Igrene was more popular than that. I'm not sure I'd say they blew their entire load quite yet, though, popularity aside. Melady and Dieck are still missing, and Elffin and Douglas are more "prominent" absent characters (Douglas to complete the three generals with Cecilia and Perceval, Elffin because Western Isles importance).

Elffin will probably get in just because he is a bard / refresher unit (because he’s about on the same level as Larum), and there aren’t very many canon ones left to add.

Douglas....I honestly doubt that he’ll ever get in. Yeah, I know he’s the last of Etruria’s three generals, but that is all he has going for him.

13 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Brom, darn you!

Bygones being bygones, I hope you get your Brom. 

Saying that Jill is the last must-have Tellius character is a joke. Tellius' roster is insanely good, and it is full of desirable characters.

16 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Saying that Jill is the last must-have Tellius character is a joke. Tellius' roster is insanely good, and it is full of desirable characters.

Nevertheless we must draw the line somewhere and Jill is insanely more requested than anyone else from Tellius. To the point that there are certain wishlists dating back to when the game was unnaunced in which all the characters mentioned have gotten in the game EXCEPT Jill.

It would be a disservice to her success to put her on the same level as someone like Lucia, Nasir and Sephiran just to cite three characters who are also important and requested.

We could say that while there are a number of well written and plot important characters left to add, as long as having made an impression on the playerbase is the main thing to consider no character from Tellius holds a candle to Jill.

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Nevertheless we must draw the line somewhere and Jill is insanely more requested than anyone else from Tellius. To the point that there are certain wishlists dating back to when the game was unnaunced in which all the characters mentioned have gotten in the game EXCEPT Jill.

It would be a disservice to her success to put her on the same level as someone like Lucia, Nasir and Sephiran just to cite three characters who are also important and requested.

We could say that while there are a number of well written and plot important characters left to add, as long as having made an impression on the playerbase is the main thing to consider no character from Tellius holds a candle to Jill.

Just saying that a character isn't on Jill's level isn't saying that they aren't a must have. Jill is the most essential, but we do still need to establish that say... Sephiran, Nasir, Zihark, etc. are must haves to varying degrees (Zihark is incredibly popular himself) whereas perhaps Kyza and Gareth are not.

Point being, the Tellius well is nowhere near dry. Unlike Awakening, which is almost at the point of barrel-scraping with it's massive percentage represented, and Fates, which is already there.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

13 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Yeah, Nasir isn't actually all that requested (his CYL vote total is just 1,472). Tellius's Top 10 missing characters would be:

Spoiler

By Total CYL Vote Totals

1. Jill: 18,700
2. Shinon: 10,741
3. Volke: 5,942
4. Lucia: 5,583
5. Boyd: 4,960
6. Astrid: 4,663
7. Edward: 4,505
8. Stefan: 4,416
9. Zihark: 4,085
10. Sephiran: 3,803 (spot formerly occupied by Ashnard)

Jorge (8,386) was disqualified for being botted to that total.

17 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Just saying that a character isn't on Jill's level isn't saying that they aren't a must have. Jill is the most essential, but we do still need to establish that say... Sephiran, Nasir, Zihark, etc. are must haves to varying degrees

To this I can agree. We could say that Nasir is a must-have addition for the progression of the roster while Jill is more a case of "should have been a no-brainer must have character at launch".

Like at this moment the most wanted/plot important must-have characters from Blazing include Sain and Kent, Oswin, Nergal, his morphs, Erk and so on. They feel like must-haves to the fans. But imagine if we didn't get Nils last time. Nils would be the Jill of Blazing, on a complitely different level than the rest of its cast.

18 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Point being, the Tellius well is nowhere near dry. Unlike Awakening, which is almost at the point of barrel-scraping with it's massive percentage represented, and Fates, which is already there.

I like that you recognize that more important players are missing from Awakening compared to Fates.

IMHO a cast isn't really represented enough when we are still missing two things:

1: The two most notable antagonists. Which for Fates would have to be Garon and Iago (who are both now in the game). Garon is the bad guy used in marketing and Iago is a villain in all routes and was notable enough to represent Fates villains in Warriors.

For Awakening the two most notables would be Grima and Gangrel/Validar. I can't decide whether to give the spot to Gangrel since he is the major antagonist of the first half of the game and the half that's more liked or Validar for being a villain for the entire game, the villain at the VERY beginning and notable enough to represent Awakening villains in Warriors. In any case of the three only Grima is in the game.

2: The most notable good NPC who is important for the plot of the game.

In Fates we have Mikoto and Lilith who are both in Heroes.

In Awakening we have Emmeryn who is arguably more loved, important and well-known than Mikoto and Lilith combined but is still not in the game for whatever reason. 

Because of this two point I can agree that Fates is represented enough as it is and any further additions would be for the sake of minor characters who are still loved by fans, to bring the completion percentage even closer to 100% or to add some characters who don't have much presence but are still notable for story/lore reasons (Anankos, Arete, Sumeragi, Shura).

But Awakening? Nah. It's more represented than other games but not represented enough IMHO. After we add Gangrel, Validar, Emmeryn, and while we are at it, Basilio and Flavia we can talk.

24 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

To this I can agree. We could say that Nasir is a must-have addition for the progression of the roster while Jill is more a case of "should have been a no-brainer must have character at launch".

Like at this moment the most wanted/plot important must-have characters from Blazing include Sain and Kent, Oswin, Nergal, his morphs, Erk and so on. They feel like must-haves to the fans. But imagine if we didn't get Nils last time. Nils would be the Jill of Blazing, on a complitely different level than the rest of its cast.

I like that you recognize that more important players are missing from Awakening compared to Fates.

IMHO a cast isn't really represented enough when we are still missing two things:

1: The two most notable antagonists. Which for Fates would have to be Garon and Iago (who are both now in the game). Garon is the bad guy used in marketing and Iago is a villain in all routes and was notable enough to represent Fates villains in Warriors.

For Awakening the two most notables would be Grima and Gangrel/Validar. I can't decide whether to give the spot to Gangrel since he is the major antagonist of the first half of the game and the half that's more liked or Validar for being a villain for the entire game, the villain at the VERY beginning and notable enough to represent Awakening villains in Warriors. In any case of the three only Grima is in the game.

In Awakening we have Emmeryn who is arguably more loved, important and well-known than Mikoto and Lilith combined but is still not in the game for whatever reason. 

Because of this two point I can agree that Fates is represented enough as it is and any further additions would be for the sake of minor characters who are still loved by fans, to bring the completion percentage even closer to 100% or to add some characters who don't have much presence but are still notable for story/lore reasons (Anankos, Arete, Sumeragi, Shura).

But Awakening? Nah. It's more represented than other games but not represented enough IMHO. After we add Gangrel, Validar, Emmeryn, and while we are at it, Basilio and Flavia we can talk.

Oh you had to remind us of the painful fact that Iago was one of the villain reps in Warriors X(

If I had to choose between Gangrel or Validar to add, Gangrel without question. As bleh as Gangrel is, he would make a neat dagger GHB since we only have Kronya for that, and the Gangrel arc is more or less the most consistent part of Awakening's story. Validar would just be an extremely boring pick in comparison.

51 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'd argue that Pent and Louise are still the Jill of Blazing Sword, and always have been (even after the wedding alts).

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'd argue that Pent and Louise are still the Jill of Blazing Sword, and always have been (even after the wedding alts).

LOL the arguments about whether being alts only counts as being in the game will never die it seems. But this really isn't the place for that discussion.