June 2020 New Heroes Speculation

June 2020 New Heroes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2020 at 05:29 PM

If it's awakening, I want Ricken on it... he can be the 4* focus demotion, and I will still be very happy.

2 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Awakening- If it's Awakening, I don't think they'll do more than one of bonus map characters. I'm going to count out Priam since we just got an Ike. So I think the GHB will be either Emmeryn, Gangrel, or Yen'fay, most likely is Emmeryn. As for my top four guesses for the banner: Anna, Say,ri, Donnel, and Miriel.

You mean a Donnel Alt?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If it's awakening, I want Ricken on it... he can be the 4* focus demotion, and I will still be very happy.

You mean a Donnel Alt?

Oof, I didn't even realize he was in FEH tbh.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

We’re at the point where someone seriously suggested Donnel for an Awakening banner over Severa. I have no words.

Anyways, I’ll still go with Three Houses and I remain fairly confident that it won’t be Tellius.

I would be similarly disgusted if we got a Donnel alt on a New Heroes banner. Over literally anyone.

Edit:

Well, the above post clarifies things. Apparently, Donnel is the new Kellam. 😝

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Lance Severa > Lance Donnel alt > Sword Severa

Looking at Othin's timely list though, I'd plump for Green Bow Basilio, Red Horse Mage Miriel (demote, to finally give us a non-grail red horse mage), Grey Mage Emmeryn, and whoever wants to get Ravened with a lance, probably one of the swordies instead of one of the axies.

Edited by Humanoid

I now officially think IS hates Tellius and its fans and has little faith in it...

"Eh, throw those fans a bone, other games are better to make actual new heroes banners with." This is honestly how I feel like their attitude is and it really saddens me. As much as I love Mirabilis being playable so soon.

Edited by Anacybele

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I now officially think IS hates Tellius and its fans and has little faith in it...

"Eh, throw those fans a bone, other games are better to make actual new heroes banners with." This is honestly how I feel like their attitude is and it really saddens me. As much as I love Mirabilis being playable so soon.

I agree lol. The only Tellius characters they can give us are alts. Except for Ashnard and Rafiel and Ashnard was pretty dope. But still, that's it.

Just now, SSbardock84 said:

I agree lol. The only Tellius characters they can give us are alts. Except for Ashnard and Rafiel and Ashnard was pretty dope. But still, that's it.

Seriously, isn't it the truth! Sigrun (at first), Tanith, Rolf, Ilyana, now Rafiel and Ashnard (sorta). They're all alts with no original versions. Regular Sigrun did come later, but as a TT unit. Can we have some NORMAL new Tellius characters please?! At this point I'd be happy with even the Dawn Brigade and I am not a fan of them.

I think I hate this banner. Like, even if I went into this with bottom of the barrel expectations, I'd still be disappointed. This is them opening the barrel and shoveling a big load of manure on to the top. 

Awakening is grossly overrepresented in this game, but even so, there are actual characters that are still missing. Gregor. Basilio. Flavia. Priam. Miriel. Kellam. Just to name a few. Mustafa's inclusion is an insult to all of them, and Mirabiis follows that up with a backhand. 

One of, if not the, worst NH banners in FEH history really does cap off several months of bad NH banners.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think I hate this banner. Like, even if I went into this with bottom of the barrel expectations, I'd still be disappointed. This is them opening the barrel and shoveling a big load of manure on to the top. 

Awakening is grossly overrepresented in this game, but even so, there are actual characters that are still missing. Gregor. Basilio. Flavia. Priam. Miriel. Kellam. Just to name a few. Mustafa's inclusion is an insult to all of them, and Mirabiis follows that up with a backhand. 

One of, if not the, worst NH banners in FEH history really does cap off several months of bad NH banners.

Wow you and I are like on the opposite of the spectrum. When I saw Sayri and Mustafa my mind is screaming with joy. This is probably one of the better banner for me this year if they kick out OG and out in like Priam or Flavia.

I'm sorry but a banner that gives us Say'ri, Gangrel and

Spoiler

Emmeryn

aka three of the most important Awakening units left to add is in no-way a contender for worst banner over Adrift which has literally all alts + a Mikoto.

Even if you don't personally like Anna and Mustafa, which is fine you do you, the three I mentioned redeem the banner on their own. At the end of the day the most important thing is to make a great number of people happy. And if we are talking Awakening Anna, Say'ri and 

Spoiler

Emmeryn

they are good choices because they were very requested making their fans happy. Mission accomplished.

And also we really need to talk about Heroes OCs. It's plain to see that you don't like then but you have to be constructive in your criticism here. Simply saying that you hate them and they should disappear isn't constructive.

The game isn't made for you, it's made for everyone including those who love OCs. And there a lot of them. Look at the number of votes OCs get in CYL.

Look at the people that RIGHT NOW are saying they don't care about Awakening but will pull for Mirabilis.

Look at how people complained when Altina came out because it meant Lif was pushed further away. How people are currently complaining because they waited so long for Hel. Are the developers supposed to just ignore a part of their audience?

To me it's clear that they are struggling because they don't know how to best implement OCs. And they listen to the complaints.

Book 2: the OCs are either on their own New Heroes banners or occupy Legendary/Mythic slots.

IS: Hmm, people are complaining. Let's try something else.

Book 3: the OCs only occupy Legendary/Mythic slots.

IS: Hmm, they are still complaining that OCs are "a waste of a precious mythic slot". Let's try something else.

Book 4: the OCs now come in Banners for other games. The 4th unit from that game they took the spot from is given to the player in a different way.

IS: They are still complaining...

Like, Olivier try to see things from their perspective for a second. Pretend to work for them for a minute. If you know how to fix the issue they are all ears, send a report to them, there is a button in-game that does that.

But if the fix is simply "enough with the OCs regardless of which type of banner they come with" you are just being unreasonable and selfish not only to them but to the side of the fanbase that suffers from the opposite problem.

Mustafa's inclusion is an insult to all of them,

It's not an insult until Mustafa starts getting alts. It's not like he shouldn't be in Heroes, and those guys have had plenty of chances to get in.

Regarding OCs... there's nothing wrong with them, but there are hundreds of existing characters, dozens of scenarios, a multitude of possible interactions. The pantry is well and truly full of potential, why are we continually raiding the garden of Dragalia Lost for new ingredients?

20 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

It's not an insult until Mustafa starts getting alts. It's not like he shouldn't be in Heroes, and those guys have had plenty of chances to get in.

Regarding OCs... there's nothing wrong with them, but there are hundreds of existing characters, dozens of scenarios, a multitude of possible interactions. The pantry is well and truly full of potential, why are we continually raiding the garden of Dragalia Lost for new ingredients?

I feel like different people will give you different answers but for me it's a matter of giving Heroes an identity and purpose. Like imagine if this was a game with no story, or based on reliving story beats from previous games? Book 1 was like that in a way and... it wasn't great. At the time the game was nothing more than an excuse to play with various FE characters like they are dolls (ooooh, now I get Veronica).

But since book 2 and onward? The world of Heroes has been flashed out. Arguably better than some mainline games. There are nations, relationships between characters, lore (we know who founded our kingdom and the enemy empire. Do we know who founded Plegia and Ylisse?) and a real story.

Which allowed Alfonse to become a real protagonist. Players love the guy.

And a nice bonus for me is that Heroes isn't afraid to try something new with its characters. Remember the rumors about a Fire Emblem game similar to Castlevania (with vampires and everything) before Three Houses was revealed? I really can't see them adding vampires in a main FE game.

But in Heroes? Absolutely. Especially after they gave us Fairies and Skeleton Warriors. And that'a cool. It gives Heroes an identity. It's the FE world in which anything can happen. Even more so than Awakening and Fates.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Like imagine if this was a game with no story, or based on reliving story beats from previous games? Book 1 was like that in a way and... it wasn't great.

That's because it was so barebones. Forging Bonds and Lost Lore hadn't been introduced yet, and the latter is far from comprehensive.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

It gives Heroes an identity. It's the FE world in which anything can happen.

So, basically Dragalia Lost. (Not that there's anything wrong with that).

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

That's because it was so barebones. Forging Bonds and Lost Lore hadn't been introduced yet, and the latter is far from comprehensive.

So, basically Dragalia Lost. (Not that there's anything wrong with that).

If only I could play Dragalia. Still not available in Italy. But everyone I know says it's pretty good.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously, isn't it the truth! Sigrun (at first), Tanith, Rolf, Ilyana, now Rafiel and Ashnard (sorta). They're all alts with no original versions. Regular Sigrun did come later, but as a TT unit. Can we have some NORMAL new Tellius characters please?! At this point I'd be happy with even the Dawn Brigade and I am not a fan of them.

I'm actually glad that it was Awakening with it's 2/3 representation. If it was Tellius that got this treatment (random one chapter bandit or Daien captain and an OC on the banner), I'd unsubscribe and uninstall until the next Tellius banner out of sheer principle.

3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I feel like different people will give you different answers but for me it's a matter of giving Heroes an identity and purpose. Like imagine if this was a game with no story, or based on reliving story beats from previous games? Book 1 was like that in a way and... it wasn't great. At the time the game was nothing more than an excuse to play with various FE characters like they are dolls (ooooh, now I get Veronica).

But since book 2 and onward? The world of Heroes has been flashed out. Arguably better than some mainline games. There are nations, relationships between characters, lore (we know who founded our kingdom and the enemy empire. Do we know who founded Plegia and Ylisse?) and a real story.

Which allowed Alfonse to become a real protagonist. Players love the guy.

And a nice bonus for me is that Heroes isn't afraid to try something new with its characters. Remember the rumors about a Fire Emblem game similar to Castlevania (with vampires and everything) before Three Houses was revealed? I really can't see them adding vampires in a main FE game.

But in Heroes? Absolutely. Especially after they gave us Fairies and Skeleton Warriors. And that'a cool. It gives Heroes an identity. It's the FE world in which anything can happen. Even more so than Awakening and Fates.

First off, I'm tired of responding to you and I did not solicit your opinion on my opinion. Let's agree to disagree.

Second, you do not see my perspective. That being that New Heroes are added at half of their original rate to make way for more special heroes and that anything that slows them down even further in any way should not be a thing. From my perspective, any support for OCs in these already limited banner slots is selfish, not the other way around.

Third, Book 1 was the best, by far with the most fleshed out OCs and the most plot significance for actual FE Heroes in a game called FE Heroes. Book 2 was utter drivel, Book 3 was slightly better, and Book 4 is quickly becoming Book 2.

Fourth, if you want a suggestion for the placement of OCs, I'll contribute one. Those who enjoy OCs should be able to count on them on a predictable basis. In a single banner at the end of the story IN ADDITION TO AND NOT INSTEAD OF the regular New Heroes banner that month. And if there are too many OCs to do that, that Book has too many OCs to develop, and needs to bring them down to a reasonable number, lest it become Book 2.

Fifth, I've always viewed Adrift as a Special Heroes banner. It has all of the hallmarks of one. Almost all alts? Check. Alongside a TT? Check. Stays to one theme? Check. It even has a Paralogue instead of a Chapter. That's why it didn't rub me the wrong way back then; because I compared it to other Special Heroes banners, which I already disliked, and found it far better than them. 

So yes, in my view, this is still a candidate for the worst New Heroes banner. You can disagree, and that's fine. You do you.

Tellius tears continue, hm? Meh...

Honestly, I don't mind the New Heroes banner and I am not a person that keeps complaining that "my favorite game doesn't get a banner in ages, blah blah blah" or "Why IntSys hates that game?!".

With that said... will I summon on it outside the free summon and tickets? No. I am not attached to any of the character there to summon for the character itself, none of them interested me for me to summon for a gameplay view, and my Anima AR-D team is already fine with Duma and Thrasir, although if I get the new mythic with my tickets or in future monthy banners she will take Olivia's place in non-water seasons.

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Tellius tears continue, hm?

There is actually a location in the game called Crimea River. (Note: Crimea is pronounced "cry me a" half the time.)

Edited by Mercakete

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'm actually glad that it was Awakening with it's 2/3 representation. If it was Tellius that got this treatment (random one chapter bandit or Daien captain and an OC on the banner), I'd unsubscribe and uninstall until the next Tellius banner out of sheer principle.

Mustafa's PoR equivalent would be Shiharam (one of them may be more developped than the other, but they fill the same role), and I for one would love to have him in Heroes.

Tellius has a seasonal focus going on right now, I need orbs for that since they somehow managed to make me want bride units for once, and I'll need time to stock orbs again once that focus is over, so as a Tellius fan, I find convenient that they're waiting for the next New Heroes banner instead of having it back to back with the bride one. I like Say'ri, but I can still get pitybroken by her in the future, hopefully after they release an A!Tiki that isn't also red.

28 minutes ago, Kori said:

Mustafa's PoR equivalent would be Shiharam (one of them may be more developped than the other, but they fill the same role), and I for one would love to have him in Heroes.

Tellius has a seasonal focus going on right now, I need orbs for that since they somehow managed to make me want bride units for once, and I'll need time to stock orbs again once that focus is over, so as a Tellius fan, I find convenient that they're waiting for the next New Heroes banner instead of having it back to back with the bride one. I like Say'ri, but I can still get pitybroken by her in the future, hopefully after they release an A!Tiki that isn't also red.

Shirahim is far, far better than Mustafa. Like, he actually has relationships with multiple playable characters and we actually know his backstory and motivations. It's like saying that Camus is bad because Mustafa could vaguely be described as part of that archetype. Shirahim is actually one of the best members of the honorable foe/Camus archetype.

I'd say that Levail is closer. But then, even Levail is better than Mustafa. Because, again, he has some history with playable characters.

And the closest match to both the personality (unwilling accomplice to an evil force) and irrelevance is probably... Hetzel? I don't know. One of Tellius' flaws is that it's minor bosses are very generic. I just went through the entire boss list for both games to draw a good comparison and... I came up blank.

18 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Shirahim is far, far better than Mustafa. Like, he actually has relationships with multiple playable characters and we actually know his backstory and motivations. It's like saying that Camus is bad because Mustafa could vaguely be described as part of that archetype. Shirahim is actually one of the best members of the honorable foe/Camus archetype.

But Mustafa has relationships with playable characters. In Henry's supports we find out he saw Mustafa as a hero and a sort of father figure. Also in the "Meet some of the Heroes" page it says that Mustafa helped Olivia escape from Plegia. I don't remember when this is said in the game but I haven't played Awakening in a while so I am more inclined to trust the developers' word on this rather than my faulty memory. I still agree that Shirahim is better what with him being an incredibly memorable boss IMO, but that doesn't mean Mustafa isn't also good.

A more proper comparison is other minor bosses and villains from Awakening. I don't think there's any that's fondly remembered like him. Even some that have more screentime and presence like Excellus aren't as memorable IMO.