June 2020 New Heroes Speculation

June 2020 New Heroes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2020 at 05:29 PM

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

My preferred lineups for Tellius and Awakening would be:

Tellius
Jill [Lance Flying]
Shinon [Colorless Bow Infantry]
Volke [Red Dagger Infantry]
Astrid [Blue Bow Cavalry; demote]
Petrine [Lance Cavalry; GHB] and only here because Ashnard is now in

Awakening 
Severa [Red Bow Cavalry]
Laurent [Green Tome Cavalry]
Miriel [Blue Tome Infantry]
Gregor [Sword Infantry; demote]
Gangrel [Red Dagger Infantry; GHB]

Why not have Jill as an axe flier to avoid color sharing with Astrid? We're long overdue for a new axe flier in the summoning pool anyway

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My most wanted Tellius banner is:

Loyal Turncoats

Nasir (Blue)

Shinon (Colorless)

Jill (Green)

Zihark (Red) - Demote

GHB - Ena

I would find it much harder to get excited for Awakening, but for me, the best case scenario would be:

Foreign Allies

Say'ri (Sword) - Demote

Basilio (Axe)

Flavia (Sword)

Anna (Colorless)

GHB: Yen'Fay (Sword)

I really keep thinking that the next new heroes banner will be Awakening and all I want is Priam in Heroes somehow, I would be really happy with him being a GHB because I could merge him easy.

I want Tellius and the unit I want most is Volug and I am sad to see every single DB banner ideas banner without him on it.  Personally for Tellius I would want: Jill(ax flyer), Aran(infantry lance), Volug(red beast infantry) Laura (staff infantry) and Sephiran GHB.  

Personally my hope for Volug's color is green, since green beast is the only weapon type we haven't gotten on an infantry unit yet. We've gotten five green beasts so far and all the non-Reyson ones are cavalry. 

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally my hope for Volug's color is green, since green beast is the only weapon type we haven't gotten on an infantry unit yet. We've gotten five green beasts so far and all the non-Reyson ones are cavalry. 

F2p players lack a red beast option entirely, though. If not Volug, then who? Ena is just as likely to be a breath. Kurthnaga is unlikely to demote. Maybe Kyza or Lyre could be red, but neither are popular enough to be likely additions.

And if anyone should be a green beast infantry, it's Maurim.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The same thing can be said for Bryce of course. He's a character that "exists," but he certainly has an appeal over Petrine in that f2p players could really use a lance armor with a distant counter weapon.

According to IS, he apparently doesn’t actually exist since they couldn’t be bothered to include him as an option in CYL. Petrine at least has that going for her in addition to being female rather than a dude, of course.

51 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Why not have Jill as an axe flier to avoid color sharing with Astrid? We're long overdue for a new axe flier in the summoning pool anyway

IS: An axe flier on a New Heroes banner? Lol nope.

Though really, she has a lance partially because my suggested banner is a PoR based one rather than a RD one because I assume that no one wants Makalov-obsessed Astrid. That and even without keeping IS’s axe flier aversion in mind, they are certainly obsessed with lance fliers. We’ve even had at least one lance flier per month this year up to April so except a lance flier on the bride banner.

Besides, they’ve had color sharing on several banners this year already so I guess they don’t see that as a problem.

Yeah, color sharing is fine on a New Heroes banner. I think it really just needs to be limited to 2 units per color. 3 in one color would be absolutely ridiculous.

I also think that if there is a color share, one of the units in that color should be the demote. Let's not have another Mareeta and Evayle situation. Evayle should have demoted, and there's no good excuse for her being 5 star exclusive.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

According to IS, he apparently doesn’t actually exist since they couldn’t be bothered to include him as an option in CYL. Petrine at least has that going for her in addition to being female rather than a dude, of course.

IS: An axe flier on a New Heroes banner? Lol nope.

Though really, she has a lance partially because my suggested banner is a PoR based one rather than a RD one because I assume that no one wants Makalov-obsessed Astrid. That and even without keeping IS’s axe flier aversion in mind, they are certainly obsessed with lance fliers. We’ve even had at least one lance flier per month this year up to April so except a lance flier on the bride banner.

Besides, they’ve had color sharing on several banners this year already so I guess they don’t see that as a problem.

That doesn't mean she has to be a lance flier though. If you're really trying to tell me she has to be a lance flier cuz of her primarily using lances in PoR, look at Gerik and Raven. They both start out as sword locked mercenaries in their respective games and don't gain axes until they promote to Heroes, and yet they're both Axe Infantry units in Heroes. If both Gerik and Raven could be axe infantry units, there is no way Jill can't be an axe flier.

18 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

That doesn't mean she has to be a lance flier though. If you're really trying to tell me she has to be a lance flier cuz of her primarily using lances in PoR, look at Gerik and Raven. They both start out as sword locked mercenaries in their respective games and don't gain axes until they promote to Heroes, and yet they're both Axe Infantry units in Heroes. If both Gerik and Raven could be axe infantry units, there is no way Jill can't be an axe flier.

I'd prefer that Jill uses axes too, but that simply isn't what I'm personally expecting based on IS's trends (again, their clear preference for lance fliers rather than axe fliers).

41 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

F2p players lack a red beast option entirely, though. If not Volug, then who? Ena is just as likely to be a breath. Kurthnaga is unlikely to demote. Maybe Kyza or Lyre could be red, but neither are popular enough to be likely additions.

And if anyone should be a green beast infantry, it's Maurim.

That's true. While I'm more interested in filling out the movement type grid, a demote red beast would be nice.

Ena and Kurthnaga seem likely to be armored beasts to me, which would probably make them 5* exclusive, and I'm not sure Muarim is likely to get added either. Seasonals could help, though. Maybe a green alt for Nailah or Velouria?

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's true. While I'm more interested in filling out the movement type grid, a demote red beast would be nice.

Ena and Kurthnaga seem likely to be armored beasts to me, which would probably make them 5* exclusive, and I'm not sure Muarim is likely to get added either. Seasonals could help, though. Maybe a green alt for Nailah or Velouria?

Tbh, part of me kind of wishes Panne was a red beast instead of a blue beast, that way we would have a free red beast

23 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Tbh, part of me kind of wishes Panne was a red beast instead of a blue beast, that way we would have a free red beast

Yeah, I would have liked that as well. I didn't even merge Panne because, as someone who already has a Naesala project, I needed her inheritance more than I needed another blue beast.

33 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Yeah, I would have liked that as well. I didn't even merge Panne because, as someone who already has a Naesala project, I needed her inheritance more than I needed another blue beast.

Yeah I'm not inclined to use Panne because of that. If I want a blue beast on my team, I'll just use Naesala.

11 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I just want Jill and Pelleas. Petrine GHB would be cool too.

Those could go nicely together on a Daein-themed banner. It'd have to be cross-game to include both Petrine and Pelleas, but they could do that.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Those could go nicely together on a Daein-themed banner. It'd have to be cross-game to include both Petrine and Pelleas, but they could do that.

I'd like to remind you that they gave us Panne from Awakening as a GHB alongside a Fates banner.

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I'd like to remind you that they gave us Panne from Awakening as a GHB alongside a Fates banner.

Wasn't said Fates banner a full beast banner? That was probably a once in a lifetime exception to the rule... due to Fates not having 5 beasts.

5 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I forgot about that. Even more precedent, then. 

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

Wasn't said Fates banner a full beast banner? That was probably a once in a lifetime exception to the rule... due to Fates not having 5 beasts.

I mean, if they really wanted to, they could've included someone like Iago or Hans as the GHB for that banner (even though it kills me to even say that), but ultimately they went with Panne just for more beasts despite being from a different game.

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I mean, if they really wanted to, they could've included someone like Iago or Hans as the GHB for that banner (even though it kills me to even say that), but ultimately they went with Panne just for more beasts despite being from a different game.

You know, Hans is far from the only potential Fates GHB. I'd personally be much happier with Izana, Yukimura, Scarlet, Shura, or Fuga. These are at least actually characters, and not bandit rejects.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

You know, Hans is far from the only potential Fates GHB. I'd personally be much happier with Izana, Yukimura, Scarlet, Shura, or Fuga. These are at least actually characters, and not bandit rejects.

Trust me, anyone would be a better GHB than Hans. I wouldn't mind either Shura or Fuga as a GHB, Shura because he is one of my favorite Fates characters and he is fought as a boss in both BR and CQ (and a recruitable enemy in Rev), and Fuga because he's the only playable character besides Flora who's fought as a boss in all three routes (plus it'd be really funny to see the salty reaction of my friend who absolutely hates Fuga with a passion :P)

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Trust me, anyone would be a better GHB than Hans. I wouldn't mind either Shura or Fuga as a GHB, Shura because he is one of my favorite Fates characters and he is fought as a boss in both BR and CQ (and a recruitable enemy in Rev), and Fuga because he's the only playable character besides Flora who's fought as a boss in all three routes (plus it'd be really funny to see the salty reaction of my friend who absolutely hates Fuga with a passion :P)

Hans is probably destined to be a f2p unit as I don't think he is going to get any action on summon banners. And I can't see him being a TT unit so they kind of are limited on where he can appear in. I don't think there is much current options for his debut but ghb honestly.

3 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Hans is probably destined to be a f2p unit as I don't think he is going to get any action on summon banners. And I can't see him being a TT unit so they kind of are limited on where he can appear in. I don't think there is much current options for his debut but ghb honestly.

I mean in general. Cuz I really don't want Hans in the game period. Iago's inclusion was bad enough, but Hans would just be an even bigger bottom of the barrel pick

13 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I mean in general. Cuz I really don't want Hans in the game period. Iago's inclusion was bad enough, but Hans would just be an even bigger bottom of the barrel pick

Well, ultimately, we just have to accept that we aren't IS and we don't determine banners. At best (and this is tenuous), we influence these things with our spending habits and popularity polls.

We all have characters we want to see. We all have characters we do not want to see. It's up to us how we respond to that. 

I live in a universe in which my most hated character (Nowi) has been in the game since launch and has an alt, while my top 3 characters (Bastian, Nasir, and Zihark) are not in the game at all. I could be angry about that all the time, but that isn't productive. All I can do is advocate for my characters, vote for them on polls, and throw orbs at them if they happen.

I want PoR/RD with either Boyd/Kieran as the demote (with the other not showing up so they don't have to be 5* locked) so I can save my orbs and get what I want.
If it's 3H or Fates, well, I guess I still get to save orbs.