Jump to content
SynthGreen

Fire emblem fighting game concept

Recommended Posts

This is a rough concept of a fighting game I’d like to see happen. This will be a mix of “what I would like” with “what I could expect” 

please let me know how you feel! 

gameplay mechanics:

Spoiler

2D fighting game, with 3D animation; take a lot of inspiration from DBFighterz with teams of 3, and assists  but allow a 1v1 mode  

Try to keep it balanced, lore and power rankings shouldn’t matter  

Clones should only exist for really important characters who are remarkably similar. I’d rather leave characters to a sequel than make clones in this game, unlike FE Warriors where clones win out over a smaller roster  


characters:

Spoiler

The ‘’main’ character would be a spin off OC, Ebba (it means strength, which fits a fighter but also sounds Fire Emblem-y to me), who wields...gauntlets, because they were a neat addition to 3H but no major character prefers them. This could work as a nice nod to original fighting games such as Street fighter  

 

Chrom-Chrom is a face of the series, and was the main character’s fighter in TMS, and the first character to join the team In warriors. Chrom has become a staple in side stories  I see no way he wouldn’t be included in a relatively major role  

Chrom would obviously be a swordsman, using many throw and air based attacks, but some attacks would have him throw a lance; perhaps one made of lightning in reference to heroes. 

Chrom’s costumes would consist of Great lord Chrom, Exalt Robes Chrom, and if I’m incredibly lucky (though it’s not likely) risen king Chrom; as well as color variants  

I could also see the awakened falchion being a weapon skin (glowing orange and blue) but it wouldn’t do any extra damage save a story buff.  

 

Marth-Marth tends to make grand entrances late into a spin off  he’d likely begin unlocked, but show up late in the story. Marth would have an elegant and refined sword style move set  

Marths costumes would have to include Boyshorts marth, as well as color variants 

Lucina-A rare exception to the clone rule, she’d basically be Marth; perhaps with a few nods to chroms move set. she’d be locked until you complete certain missions as chrom, or 

Costumes would include masked marth

Tiki would of course be in as the resident dragon stone wielder, allowing her use either child or adult costumes would be a nice touch but may not be realistic, since this would change hitboxes  

Ike-Another swordsman, but too

significant to exclude, Ike would focus on heavier and slower attacks  

costumes would include vanguard Ike, and perhaps ranger ike  

Soren is Another likely inclusion in this game 

 

 

I think Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude would all be included just to be realistic. But they’re all good characters so it’s no issue; all could have timeskip versions as alternate costumes (plus their NG+ hairstyles and class up Class designs, enlightened one for Byleth)  for Claude he would either get the Eugene in his base form, or get no wyvern at all but wear his costumes  

if I’m lucky, Ephraim would be added as the lancer. Personally I think Corrin and Azura being added are more likely.
 

that’s the cast I’m relatively confident on. I do think there would be a spellsword, but Byleth could fill this niche, but Robin or Celica are viable options. I’d ultimately give it to Robin as Grima could make a compelling villain and alternate costume. 
 

Lethe, Ranulf, or Panne for beast units, but those are the only 3 I could see filling the role

 

i also think the villains would be included  

Gharnef, Gangrel or Walhart (either make Sense for Chrom), Black Knight, and an OC who wields axes  

dlc I could see would include:

Anna

Micaiah

Lyn, or Hector  

story:

Spoiler

I want to keep the story fairly simple, as collab fighting games really aren’t known for their story  

Basically, Ebba is training for a tournament, but wipes the floor with the generic village characters. His power is noticed by our axe wielding  villain, who lures him in promise of a challenge, a new tournament where the prize is the fire emblem  

 

Here, Ebba’s powerful and innocent aura activated the emblem, while the villains team use a spell that of course knocks Ebba out and summons our OC’s. 
 

Throughout the story, Ebba encounters the heroes and their villains, helping them find their friends and fight their foes who are being powered up by the Fire Emblem’s corrupted energy. 
 

you of course recover it,   And put and end to this evil   

Stages:

Spoiler

Ebba’s Village 

Den of the village squad 

coliseum (nod to the Old school games)

Garreg Mach

Grimas back

Castle interior (could really be any castle)

among others  


what should be added and reworked; and would you play a spin off like this? 
*not a project I would create just a vague idea of what one could look like*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is nice. Hope to see some pics of it.

U said that I can say what I thought so .... I prefer.4 vs 4 match. We can change charaters during a match ( like kof 2003, mvc 3 ) . U win by defeat all 4 charaters of the other player.

Actually I really like ur game.

But I really hope u will add some charaters that never have appear fighting game before.... How can I say this ..... ? Like byleth/marth/chrom/Robin/Lyn/Anna   v...v...... we already see their attack animations In Fire Emblem Warriors. Smash Bros v...v.... So I think some charaters that haven't seen before would be interesting like : Libra,Walhart.Scarlet,Izana v..v.....

I'm not a game expert ! That is just some thoughts about the game I wanna play...

Edited by Hong Nhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who plays DBFZ avidly I can say that the graphics that ArcSystemWorks can put out would be great for a FE fighting game.... However- a 3 on 3 fighting game doesn't make that much sense for fire emblem. I could see a 2v2 game (Blazblue Crosstag being the most recent example) to better match the pair up concept. 

I don't much care for story or OCs. Especially considering how warriors went nobody should expect much. 

As for characters, I'd much rather trade having no special costumes for having more fighters in general. Crosstag again does this pretty well with giving every character a set of the same basic alt colors, and giving each individual character some specific color sets that have some significance to the character or a reference to other characters (hell, even smash does this). 

There are currently 39 characters in DBFZ, with 15 of those being DLC and more DLC to come, so here is my roster of 39 (I'm not going to try and figure out who would and wouldn't be dlc).

Infantry Swords: Marth, M!Byleth, Ike, Lyn, Alm, Ryoma

Sword Cavs: Eliwood, Xander, Sigurd

Sword Fliers: Elincia, Ashnard

Infantry Lances: Ephraim, Dimitri, Azura 

Lance Cavs: Camus

Lance Fliers: Caeda, Tsubasa

Infantry Axes: Hector, Edelgard

Axe Cavs: Titania

Axe Fliers: Minerva, Camilla

Archers: Takumi, Claude

Daggers: Sothe

Anima Mages: M!Robin, Arvis, Celica, Sanaki 

Light Mages: Micaiah, Linde

Dark Mages: Leo, Gharnef, Lyon

Dragons: Tiki, F!Corrin, Duma

Laguz: Tibarn, Ranulf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally don't think DBFZ style of game would be a good fit for FE characters. I think something with a wider screen would work better. To separate it from Smash Bros, something 3D would be cool. Anyways I like your concept and ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brave Lance said:

As someone who plays DBFZ avidly I can say that the graphics that ArcSystemWorks can put out would be great for a FE fighting game.... However- a 3 on 3 fighting game doesn't make that much sense for fire emblem. I could see a 2v2 game (Blazblue Crosstag being the most recent example) to better match the pair up concept. 

I don't much care for story or OCs. Especially considering how warriors went nobody should expect much. 

As for characters, I'd much rather trade having no special costumes for having more fighters in general. Crosstag again does this pretty well with giving every character a set of the same basic alt colors, and giving each individual character some specific color sets that have some significance to the character or a reference to other characters (hell, even smash does this). 

There are currently 39 characters in DBFZ, with 15 of those being DLC and more DLC to come, so here is my roster of 39 (I'm not going to try and figure out who would and wouldn't be dlc).

Infantry Swords: Marth, M!Byleth, Ike, Lyn, Alm, Ryoma

Sword Cavs: Eliwood, Xander, Sigurd

Sword Fliers: Elincia, Ashnard

Infantry Lances: Ephraim, Dimitri, Azura 

Lance Cavs: Camus

Lance Fliers: Caeda, Tsubasa

Infantry Axes: Hector, Edelgard

Axe Cavs: Titania

Axe Fliers: Minerva, Camilla

Archers: Takumi, Claude

Daggers: Sothe

Anima Mages: M!Robin, Arvis, Celica, Sanaki 

Light Mages: Micaiah, Linde

Dark Mages: Leo, Gharnef, Lyon

Dragons: Tiki, F!Corrin, Duma

Laguz: Tibarn, Ranulf

Big issue With this is That, like I mentioned above, Chrom is effectively a series mascot these days; and the main character of awakening. He’d be in before Robin, even with Robin having a different styled move set. 
 

Chrom also has a somewhat unique fighting style in that he rushes ahead, and uses mire air attacks. 
 

doesn’t make sense to me not to include him due to the way he is utilized in Japan; especially if you’re going to include Robin. Smash was one thing, because it isn’t a fire emblem game by any means; and Robin was much more unique. But that is one very special exception. 
 

6 hours ago, Hong Nhi said:

I think it is nice. Hope to see some pics of it.

U said that I can say what I thought so .... I prefer.4 vs 4 match. We can change charaters during a match ( like kof 2003, mvc 3 ) . U win by defeat all 3 charaters of the other player.

Actually I really like ur game.

But I really hope u will add some charaters that never have appear fighting game before.... How can I say this ..... ? Like byleth/marth/chrom/Robin/Lyn/Anna   v...v...... we already see their attack animations In Fire Emblem Warriors. Smash Bros v...v.... So I think some charaters that haven't seen before would be interesting like : Libra,Walhart.Scarlet,Izana v..v.....

I'm not a game expert ! That is just some thoughts about the game I wanna play...

I definitely think my roster is a bit too small right now, but it’s hard to think of which characters to add. I’d like more side characters but even that’s hard because then it’s a question of which games side cast do I pick, or do I focus on one or 2 games? 
 

for the most part I’d like unique characters we don’t see, but Chrom and marth are mascots who are popular to this day, and Chrom and marth seem to be the most commonly used to represent FE so it doesn’t make much sense to me not to include those two art the very least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't we already have a game like this? It's called Smash Bros. which is weird since not many FE fighters there are siblings.

They also added  like tons of OC weird characters that make no sense in the Fire Emblem universe like Konkey Dong or something like that, I mean what the hell is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OHOHO! It looks like it's my time to shine!

A while back I had a big brainstorming session about this, and made a big google doc full of my ideas.

I don't know all that much about the series, so some stuff is most likely left out (thracia and genealogy lol), but I did my best.

You can suggest things if you want.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oo8xCv3ejDmqLu8peNNf7SOaU06CBPWlOcmPdM0iuA4/edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit: Nevermind i c Xander being possibly the only horseback character so he's fine to be included

I understand Lyn/Hector/Eli/Roy being included but are Xander/Ryoma that popular? One thing that would make it interesting is having different fighting styles. Ryoma would prob have a unique one but Xander would prob get thrown in w other cavalier/paladins can't really see his fighting style being different. A problem w DBZ is the similar combo routes, and w smash is the Marth clones.

Also I thought Lucina was the most popular character of FEAwakening but maybe im wrong i don't keep up w popularity polls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LMDHad0uken said:

Edit: Nevermind i c Xander being possibly the only horseback character so he's fine to be included

I understand Lyn/Hector/Eli/Roy being included but are Xander/Ryoma that popular? One thing that would make it interesting is having different fighting styles. Ryoma would prob have a unique one but Xander would prob get thrown in w other cavalier/paladins can't really see his fighting style being different. A problem w DBZ is the similar combo routes, and w smash is the Marth clones.

Also I thought Lucina was the most popular character of FEAwakening but maybe im wrong i don't keep up w popularity polls

Awakening is more complicated. 
 

lucina is typically below Chrom, in Japanese polls, because Chrom is a series mascot and lucina is a nod to marth without being as much her own character. 

bht in certain crowds...Lucina has more popularity. Such as Gacha games where female characters get much higher ratings (just due to many of the players being males who spend lots of money on ‘waifu’ things) 

 

and I’m not at all saying all of her popularity comes from that; just that that crowd is where she gets her boost. 
 

but in things like Crossovers, and Cipher, Chrom gets more focus because when it’s down to his story and his character journey, fans pick him. 
 

note: the following turned into a rant because I’m a nerd  

Robin is also often up there, but nearly always below Chrom and Lucina, and then Owain, Inigo, Cordelia, Tharja etc sneak you above Robin often. 

much of thst comes from America and Japan’s differing views on him. In America, people debate that Robin is as important as Chrom; or even the main character. Some say he takes the spotlight 

 

in Japan, this debate hardly exists  Robin is seen as no more important than say, Caeda, who the story needs to be told (and Caeda actually gets a character recruited unlike Robin), but people who play the story there never actually say Robin is as important as Chrom; even in the third act. 
I’m not a culture expert so I have no clue what causes this, but it’s really only Americans and some parts of Europe that consider Chrom and Robin dual protagonists! 
 

It would be an interesting thing to study, but the only example of this I can find is Awakening itself, where the creators and writers themselves have, tens of times, shut down the idea that Robin is the main character; so it isn’t realistic to look into that debate for awakening  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Don't we already have a game like this? It's called Smash Bros. which is weird since not many FE fighters there are siblings.

They also added  like tons of OC weird characters that make no sense in the Fire Emblem universe like Konkey Dong or something like that, I mean what the hell is that?

Haven't you played BS Fire Emblem? That's where Konkey Dong comes from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 11:00 PM, SynthGreen said:

Big issue With this is That, like I mentioned above, Chrom is effectively a series mascot these days; and the main character of awakening. He’d be in before Robin, even with Robin having a different styled move set. 
 

Chrom also has a somewhat unique fighting style in that he rushes ahead, and uses mire air attacks. 
 

doesn’t make sense to me not to include him due to the way he is utilized in Japan; especially if you’re going to include Robin. Smash was one thing, because it isn’t a fire emblem game by any means; and Robin was much more unique. But that is one very special exception. 
 

I definitely think my roster is a bit too small right now, but it’s hard to think of which characters to add. I’d like more side characters but even that’s hard because then it’s a question of which games side cast do I pick, or do I focus on one or 2 games? 
 

for the most part I’d like unique characters we don’t see, but Chrom and marth are mascots who are popular to this day, and Chrom and marth seem to be the most commonly used to represent FE so it doesn’t make much sense to me not to include those two art the very least. 

I see. U know... Chrom is far descedant of Marth... I think 3,or 4 charaters from every game should be enough ( if not huge )

I suggest u should search "which side charaters in Fire Emblem people love  most".  Or just pick which charaters u like, u think them unique.  

I think the roster should be balance about color like not many red design charaters ( Cain, Kent, Anna, Sully, Flavia, Pheros, Edelgard, Jill, Titania, Est,Boyd v...v....)  or any other colors. The amount should be balance of all colours

Some people like to play their favourite charaters through every game ( Like : chrom, lucina, Robin, Corrin, Lyn v...v....) . Some people like me, just bore see them in everygame, and like new fresh charaters

Or u can make a vote here. 🙂 I think it would be a good choice.

About charaters to vote. Just list them all >.< . or some charaters u want.  Some favourite villians too ( like pheros from FE:awakening )

 

If I said anything wrong. Please fogive me.. I'm suck in English. Mostly abuse google translate

Edited by Hong Nhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t worry about your grammar and everything, what you said makes sense you’re doing great! 
 

a poll would be a fun way to build the roster. Hard though, may need to be multiple polls. People won’t want to vote marth for example, because they would think “he’s a guarantee I won’t waste my vote” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SynthGreen said:

Don’t worry about your grammar and everything, what you said makes sense you’re doing great! 

a poll would be a fun way to build the roster. Hard though, may need to be multiple polls. People won’t want to vote marth for example, because they would think “he’s a guarantee I won’t waste my vote” 

I see 🙂 

21 hours ago, SynthGreen said:

Hard though, may need to be multiple polls.

U mean :

- "Vote your favourite FE1 charaters"

- "Vote your favourite FE2 charaters"

- "Vote your favourite FE3 charaters"

- "Vote your favourite FE4 charaters"

- "Vote your favourite FE5 charaters"

- and so on v...v.... , right ?

 

Edited by Hong Nhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SynthGreen said:

Something more like that may work well 

I just have a idea about the roster. hope u check it out :

Promoted class in fire emblem could use more than 2 weapons, So the game should be balance about weapon type too. Here is the idea:

 

-Falcon Knight - Sword user : Juno from FE6 ( or any Falcon Knight Sword user )

                           - Lance user : mostly pegasus knight use lance, so it is not hard to select 1 unit that u like

 

-Wyvern Lord : - Sword: Narcian ( I fighted him in hard mode, he used runesword )

                          - Lance: 

                         - Axe

 

Hero : - Sword :

            - Axe : Echidna ( only know this unit use axe )

 

and so on v...v....

 

That would make the game more diversity ? I think ?

Edited by Hong Nhi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think basing it off that could be interesting; especially because when two characters in warriors shared a class, they were typically clones. The exception is lord classes but that’s typical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SynthGreen said:

especially because when two characters in warriors shared a class, they were typically clones.

This is exactly what I want to say  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2020 at 8:35 PM, Hong Nhi said:

I see. U know... Chrom is far descedant of Marth... I think 3,or 4 charaters from every game should be enough ( if not huge )

I suggest u should search "which side charaters in Fire Emblem people love  most".  Or just pick which charaters u like, u think them unique.  

I think the roster should be balance about color like not many red design charaters ( Cain, Kent, Anna, Sully, Flavia, Pheros, Edelgard, Jill, Titania, Est,Boyd v...v....)  or any other colors. The amount should be balance of all colours

Some people like to play their favourite charaters through every game ( Like : chrom, lucina, Robin, Corrin, Lyn v...v....) . Some people like me, just bore see them in everygame, and like new fresh charaters

Or u can make a vote here. 🙂 I think it would be a good choice.

About charaters to vote. Just list them all >.< . or some charaters u want.  Some favourite villians too ( like pheros from FE:awakening )

 

If I said anything wrong. Please fogive me.. I'm suck in English. Mostly abuse google translate

 

On 5/14/2020 at 4:23 AM, SynthGreen said:

Don’t worry about your grammar and everything, what you said makes sense you’re doing great! 
 

a poll would be a fun way to build the roster. Hard though, may need to be multiple polls. People won’t want to vote marth for example, because they would think “he’s a guarantee I won’t waste my vote” 

Eh, I'd prefer if you spelled "u" as "you", but I'm an English teacher so my standards might be higher than most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jotari said:

 

Eh, I'd prefer if you spelled "u" as "you", but I'm an English teacher so my standards might be higher than most.

Thank you ^^

too many English teacher here !!!!!!! Several members in the forum said that they are teachers. They help me a lot in English.

Maybe I stick with the forum for a while, I would become a master in English 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...