Testing the Waters I've Gone off the Deep-end. A Shadow Dragon H5 test-run

15 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

The very duel that inspired the entire Sephiroth/Cloud Strife rivalry... and Cloud's colossal sword which related to the trick Miyamoto used to defeat him. It also inspired Haohmaru, the protagonist of Samurai Shodown (at least 1 and 2, they tended to use new ones every game after that) and Ukyo.. even if the rivalry was dropped by the second game. Haohmaru is kind of the polar opposite of Ukyo... in that he's a bit of a braggart. Mind one that is dedicated to fighting evil who matures over the series timeline as he stops seeking out fights for the sake of it. But definitely the polar opposite of the more quiet Ukyo.

This is some interesting trivia.
That Haohmaru sounds like an interesting character as well. Usually the "I fight because I want to" guys stay that way the entire time. Glad to see there are some examples who actually develop out of it.

I've gotten two jokes out of the tuberculosis already. If I keep this up, people will think it's the only reason I picked Ukyo as a "catalyst" character for my fanfiction-y supports. To explain that, I'm basically using him as a wall to bounce other characters off of, playing off both the fact he's in a land completely alien to him, and the fact that he's got a debilitating condition. Naturally there's two characters I really, really want to work with concerning him, and a third that just made sense considering the circumstances. As one can probably guess, Lena is one of the two, on the grounds she got screwed out of supports next game. Julian having a hostility to him makes sense considering the circumstances under which they met, so I decided to play with that. The third major character? Well I'm sure some people have an idea by now.

I like the idea of this. It adds character to the LP.

Well, I'm pretty sure Camus beat him to it. Then again, for all I know Tatiana threw him in one of those resurrection fountains around Valentia when his corpse washed up. Wouldn't that explain everything? I mean until you get that memory prism in SOV.... but you know.

I like your explanation more than the canon one.

As demonstrated when Ukyo takes the hit. Which is how I found out that knight apparently stays on the bridge. Which I guess makes sense. Chokepoint and all.

That Knight read through the meme-tastic FE1 LP and made Doga his role model.

I can never remember whether or not that Knight moves and it makes me paranoid each time. But if he assuredly does not move in H5, then I guess he definitely doesn't do so on the lower difficulties.

Player phase... well Barst hammers home to the knight the why trading off speed and movement is a bad idea.

Top quality puns.

because I'm a forgetful Barstard

Too top quality.

Ogma sets up in position to draw one of the horsemen so they don't gang up on Barst, while Matthis, Cain and Abel set up on the other side of the river so I can surround the horsemen easier.

"Form up. Surround them all. Don't let a single one escape!" ~ that one Crimean soldier in Radiant Dawn
The good old surround the Archer tactic. A classic!

Barst kills the horseman, and acquires the one point of luck he needed to avoid being at risk of a crit earlier by said horseman. That's poetic.

On one hand, that always feels like the game is mocking the player. On the other hand, that point of luck may save him from a stray crit later down the line.

Seriously, in this run's continuity, Matthis at base took two hits from Ogma with a killing edge and lived... while H5 Hyman took two hits from Ogma with a killing edge and died. What a strange world.

Matthis > H5 Hyman
*insert unfunny chad vs. virgin meme here*

Once your heal recovers. I didn't realize that Shadow Dragon had injury mechanics like Berwick.

The flurry of puns doesn't stop, I see.

Bentheon's more agile than a man on horseback has any right to be.

That, or your units just didn't expect his horse to be so polite and bow to all of them in greeting.

See, this is where all my bad RNG rolls for the first four chapters went.

I'm just glad those rolls happened now, when it wasn't too dangerous for your units, instead of in a situation where it would have really screwed you over, like in the previous chapter against Hyman.
All they screwed now was your turn count and that is negligible.

Why do I even bother?

- Shiida, brandishing her Bradamante.

How many levels? Personally I'm thinking taking him to level 6 is fair given his bases.

Aside from the huge risk you're taking by using the arena at all (only do low wages!), I'd say level 6 is fine. I think he needs a small lead on everyone else with those stats, especially on this difficulty.

Another fun part! That boss battle was probably more tedious than it needed to be, but luckily, it all worked out without much hassle. Here's to making Matthis useable! ... I hope.
Inb4 you have to reset, because he died to a crit.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

as he can take both hits without risk of crits

Ironic that the guy with TB can hold out better than Altea's finest.

To explain that, I'm basically using him as a wall to bounce other characters off of

Also known as every avatar character in FE.

There I used Matthis. Is everyone Ruben happy? No? Sigh. Very well. He's not done yet.

Ruben won't be satisfied until Matthis can annihilate Medeus with a single glare.

Ukyo: Well that dispels any doubts. You were correct. Experiencing the healing power of that staff firsthand, I know that for certain.
Lena: Does this mean you'll be leaving us?
Ukyo: I did not promise my sword to your cause because of the potential for a cure. I'll remain until I can fight no longer.
Lena: Have you heard of Khadein?
Ukyo: I have not heard of such a person.
Lena *laughs* Khadein isn't a person. It's a place. A city of mages. I bet there's a scroll somewhere in their library that can offer a cure I know nothing of.
Ukyo: .... So there could still be hope?
Lena: I'm sure of it.

Ukyo x Lena? I ship it.

because I'm a forgetful Barstard

Quite the punny paladin you are, Sir The Roger.

The Three Cavalieros see to it that the horseman menace is no more.

43dda2.jpg

Hey, the colors even match.

I have to wonder how much of the gold was really saved before your obvious shopping spree, random villager.

She wants to help the "kind Altean," but she's gotta fill her pantry first, y'know.

Keep this up Wrys and you'll be good to tank Gharnef for real.

Without a doubt, Wrys Cain do whatever he sets his mind to. He will be Abel to pull through to the end.

because Matthis would be dead if this weren't the case.

That's what happens when you bring one of the worst units in the game along with you.

See, this is where all my bad RNG rolls for the first four chapters went. I can't even add to the "Pollux is disappointed counter". Because everyone was disappointing. Castor's not even a standout.

27928108.jpg

When the RNG gods are working against you, you gotta make do with what you got. And hopefully not lose anyone in the process. Except Matthis. No one cares about him.

Marth rewards my diligence with this atrocity of a level. Why do I even bother? You're not going to take this seriously are you?

fabulous-marth-is-fabulous_o_2454927.jpg

and I knew there'd be at least one

91656588_Yoenberwick2.png.b54e36a8b314ebyep.

Though I'll probably spend it all on trying to make Matthis work... on a difficulty I'm not familiar with. Without softlocking myself.

Anyway, until I get the vote... farewell.

Matthis.png

Unleash the Matthis. DEW IT.

18 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You have actually got me curious what happens if you spawn block your allies now.

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can't. The upper tile of villages is a solid tile. Nobody can move onto it, and once the new recruit moves out, they can't return either.

17 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I guess the tile becomes available for fliers after its visited?

I decided to test this, as I could certainly put fliers on it both before and after visiting the village. So despite not having a true update yet, I'm gonna put this here with the results of my (somewhat lazy) test.
cygg8cEj_o.pngQYiGohYE_o.pngRrNyxuMa_o.png
As it turned out, the unit will simply appear in a different square. Note Wrys appears with Caeda between him and Marth. This leads me to wonder what other spawn altering antics you can get to. Can you get a unit to appear on a tile they can't move on? What happens if you thoroughly surround the village? How far away can a unit spawn because of this? Alas, I lacked the foresight to save state prior to playing around with any of the specifics... so it's all questions for another time. Also the level Marth got while I was doing this experiment seemed to exist just to mock me.
5Oe46Mtp_o.png
Seriously, my Marth has gotten less strength in four levels than this one has in one. And that defense is equal.

Oh... and for anyone wondering... I'm gonna admit. I had no idea how bad H5 arena was in Shadow Dragon. Matthis literally needs a 1% crit to win against ANYTHING. Most things he needs a dodge as well.

boZBcbXA_o.png
He did however... manage it... once. Anyway... I'm thinking my choices are to forget that idea... or spend half a year on save state abuse.

On 5/29/2020 at 10:09 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Well.. I came across a youtube video where someone used a forged killing edge to kill Medeus in a Marth solo.. depending on funds..

After seeing that video, I knew I had to try again. So early this morning, I started a Marth solo run. I nabbed more Dracoshields this time as well as both Seraph Robes, and my luck stat was maxed out along with speed. I don't think I've ever played a game so fast in my life. I hate leaving games unfinished, so I had to beat it one way or another.

65167021_FireEmblem-ShadowDragon2020-05-3011_45_00.thumb.png.4dca60b1fe7f4e83318bcf6615bcf03f.png

On 5/30/2020 at 8:15 AM, DragonFlames said:

Matthis > H5 Hyman

Be careful what you ask for.

Bynnhmlp o

I even drew it myself, so it looks extra horrible!

On 5/30/2020 at 1:42 PM, twilitfalchion said:

Ruben won't be satisfied until Matthis can annihilate Medeus with a single glare.

I mean, in one of my SD runs (to be precise, the one with the Matthis from my signature), he one-shot Camus with a forged ridersbane before he could even say his regular battle quote. And all I ever fed him was a single speedwing.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:42 PM, twilitfalchion said:

Except Matthis. No one cares about him.

So you have chosen death.

On 5/30/2020 at 5:46 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

I had no idea how bad H5 arena was in Shadow Dragon.

Yeah, I figured. Nobody would suggest using the SD arena unless they didn't know how bad it is.

On 5/30/2020 at 5:46 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

5Oe46Mtp_o.png
Seriously, my Marth has gotten less strength in four levels than this one has in one. And that defense is equal.

Rule #1 of LPing Fire Emblem: Any non-canon levels will 100% of the time be far better than the real ones.

On 5/30/2020 at 6:05 PM, twilitfalchion said:

After seeing that video, I knew I had to try again. So early this morning, I started a Marth solo run. I nabbed more Dracoshields this time as well as both Seraph Robes, and my luck stat was maxed out along with speed. I don't think I've ever played a game so fast in my life. I hate leaving games unfinished, so I had to beat it one way or another.

65167021_FireEmblem-ShadowDragon2020-05-3011_45_00.thumb.png.4dca60b1fe7f4e83318bcf6615bcf03f.png

Congratulations! That's quite impressive. Next up, Wrys solo. Dew it.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bynnhmlp o

The terrible drawings and the descriptions make this one actually funny.
So there!

Part 5 extra- Matthis'd Hard

Replies

Spoiler
On 5/30/2020 at 12:51 AM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

It's as if level-ups were learning, here Barst learned to take less risks in general.
Something I'm all too happy with. Because despite everything, low percent crits are something I'm particularly paranoid about in a mode where everything has the potential.

That's a pretty good level, specially since isn't Cav!Navarre pretty weak?
I don't know. I mean 80% hp (vs 90% as Myrmidon), 35% strength (30% as Myrmidon), 45% skill (40% as Myrmidon), 35% speed (50% as Myrmidon), 40% luck (luck is character based, so class doesn't affect it), and 20% def (versus 10 as a myrmidon) means I've traded off 15% speed and 10% hp for 5% on strength, 5 percent on skill, and 10% on defense... as well as additional base strength and defense. Also movement. The hp change hardly matters because 80 or 90% is still high either way, and the speed... well if it goes too bad I can switch back for a map or two.

Why waste time?
Mostly weapon exp. Every hit or miss is 2 wexp. Also I thought I'd get a level out of it for Marth... because he really needs strength. But he's not playing ball.

Wait no Marth don't Rap(e)-i(h)er!

Oh....
wait no Marth what are you doing!?!?

Making sure I have to forge his rapier to damage horses. I'll probably give it a less suggestive name.

I really don't, I just knew Ruben memed him to godhood and this was going to happen, I guess it's fine though.
I thank you for your patience... seeing as I went insane levelling him.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:27 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Fair point, I suppose, but everyone other character has the sequel. Even guys like Tomas get something in FE12. Malledus isn't even mentioned in FE12, so he's left with what he has in FE1/3/11, which is... absolutely nothing.
Not only that, but he has a distinctly similar name to Medeus. Take out the "all", ad in an extra "e"... and... presto.

You collect Yu-gi-oh cards of stolen artworks of creepypasta characters in that one. How awesome is that? Also, broken english.
I have actually forgotten to watch it because going insane with Matthis and Arena.

No, no. You see, Pengaius was being unreasonable. I, on the other hand, have proof. You just have to look at my signature to see why you should use Matthis.
Pengaius helped your case by arguing I should get him to level 8. So now we get to see an even better Matthis.

Really? That's a new one. I hadn't even realized. If so, that makes it even more perfect.
No. I was apparently wrong. Looks like it wasn't. Saturday 13th/ Sunday 14th (depending on what region you're in) isn't quite as sp00ky. Or maybe it is.

Lot killed Zephiel. Marcus killed Murdock.
I'll try to remember. Point is both of them were badass.

Doesn't he have no movement, though? I seem to remember that he doesn't have any movement precisely to evidence that he stays put.
Yeah... I hadn't played H5 before... and because he was showing movement I assumed he did.

What do you think the answer is? He must look like he does in my signature. Any less will result in a very unhappy Ruben.
He's on his way there after the arena.

I see nothing wrong with this. Matthis is powerful. He only uses 2% of his power normally because he doesn't want to bother helping people who diss him constantly.
I don't insult Matthis. I just complain that the developers don't treat him as well as they should, and it comes off as insulting him if read wrong.

I like how this rando without a ranged weapon has an absolutely badass battle quote. Heck, his design is pretty good. Uh, big blocks of flesh as eyebrows notwithstanding.
I believe they're called "Beetle Brows". I don't know why.

It's one use, The Roger. One.
But look at the wexp and experience I gained by using that pitfall (hoarding). Plus it was literally four turns. I spent so much longer on Gazzak and Gomer.

Oh wow, you're actually going to use the arena? In Shadow Dragon? I wouldn't use that even in a lower difficulty, because it's close to impossible!
As I am now painfully aware.

If you want to subject yourself to that, though, be my guest. Level 6 sounds fine.
Pengauis said level 8... so I went a step further. Partially because I was angry my computer crashed and corrupted the state I was using for that. Which meant I for some reason decided to subject myself to even more of it.

Memed into godhood? He became my best unit in two separate runs of two separate games! That ain't no meme, that's as serious as it gets!
I bet if you played FE1 he'd be your best unit too. I mean silver lances early game helps.

On 5/30/2020 at 2:10 AM, Benice said:

Suuuuureee there isn't...
Well, I mean there might be money FROM dead people, but the dead people are actually in the cemetery

That is an accurate comparison.
BMorshu's outfit does sort of resemble Wario's biker gear when I think about it.

It did? Never had a 3DS, so I wouldn't know.
Shadow Dragon was on the regular DS though. Also the Wii U eShop from memory.

Imagine being knowledgable.
I know, right?

YOU MUST USE EST! THERE WILL BE MUCH UNR EST IF YOU BENCH HER!
Good luck with that. I need to Establish I've never actually tried to use her on normal... I wouldn't have the foggiEst where to start on the HighEst difficulty.

On 5/30/2020 at 4:08 AM, Pengaius said:

To level 15 but you can't field him until Marth catches up.

I'd say level 8 because he still won't be that good, since you ain't Ruben. 
I went with this because why not.

Money can be exchanged for butter or dead people.
But can butter be exchanged for dead people?

Whomst has summoned the almighty one. 
If I ever try to do Tear Ring as an LP, Arkis is getting used... no matter how bad an idea that may seem.

That's only because of the restraining order that we mutually set up, long story for another time. 
I see. I bet it involves butter.

On 5/30/2020 at 6:36 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ah the old Kris approach to character supports, a technique that gets underappreciated due to other complaints about Kris's writing.

Yep. I wanted to do the one thing that works with avatars... but without creating an avatar. And seeing as I jokingly inserted a character into the story anyway, I figured I'd take it a step further.

You have actually got me curious what happens if you spawn block your allies now.

Well, now you know.

Just imagine if this was a game where all of them use shortbows for that tiny bit of extra unlucky crits.

So FE6 Sacae route?

I am surprised you didn't have Merrick help with the chipping, but I guess it all worked out in the end.

I was keeping him as a back up in the event Marth failed me on that last shot.

I like the old GBA method where you get it at full uses when a weapon drops far more.

Tell me about it. Makes one-shotting Camus all the more important this time.

That level sounds fine. If you really don't want to use him, don't feel like you have to, I just think it would be interesting if you did (same idea with Est).

Yet I ended up breaking it because of reasons I should elaborate in the update.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:33 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Indeed, Kris's problems are in the main story. Most people benefitted from having him as a support partner, Arran being my favorite example. The guy found in Kris the perfect support partner, being a squire seeking counsel from a more experienced knight. Who also happens to be dying.
It also helps that they benefited from finally having supports. A first in Archanea.

You can't. The upper tile of villages is a solid tile. Nobody can move onto it, and once the new recruit moves out, they can't return either.

I do not believe anybody has mentioned Eugen, Butterman.
Meanwhile... in Hawkwing's Eugen thread.

On 5/30/2020 at 4:15 PM, DragonFlames said:

This is some interesting trivia.
That Haohmaru sounds like an interesting character as well. Usually the "I fight because I want to" guys stay that way the entire time. Glad to see there are some examples who actually develop out of it.
Took him a few games to do it (though perhaps less when you consider  the convoluted order the series runs in. V, 2019, I, III, IV, II, 64, 64-2 (Where Ukyo canonically died, though) Samurai Shodown Sen, which was done in 2008 by a different team retconed 64-2, then Warrior's rage which was set 20 years after 64-2 and definitely still had Ukyo dead. Really by Warrior's Rage, Haomaru is the only playable returning character. Point is, having a story arc over more than 20 year canonically should have a character progress.

I like the idea of this. It adds character to the LP.
I figured it'd also help make up for the lack of support conversations, so there's that.

I like your explanation more than the canon one.
When you consider the canon one was always vague in the original, and never mentioned him being alive when he was found (even if it implied it)... yeah. Side effect of me playing OG Gaiden. A lot like me shipping Kliff and Silque because I used them in conjunction a lot (read Silque warped Baron Kliff into a horde of enemies to decimate, or used her healing powers to help him choke a point). Then I find out in the manga they were apparently half-siblings. Go figure.

That Knight read through the meme-tastic FE1 LP and made Doga his role model.
I remember reading that. At one stage I planned to only do the first so many chapters for my test... like in that LP. Now look, I'm about to move into uncharted territory... next update.

I can never remember whether or not that Knight moves and it makes me paranoid each time. But if he assuredly does not move in H5, then I guess he definitely doesn't do so on the lower difficulties.
It's better to presume something moves when it doesn't than to presume something doesn't move when it does. Because that way you don't lose a unit.

Top quality puns.

Too top quality.
Every joke has it's Punch-line.

"Form up. Surround them all. Don't let a single one escape!" ~ that one Crimean soldier in Radiant Dawn
The good old surround the Archer tactic. A classic!
Also very useful when you have fliers on the map.

On one hand, that always feels like the game is mocking the player. On the other hand, that point of luck may save him from a stray crit later down the line.
I prefer the latter. Mostly because I'd rather not end up taking a 1% crit. I had that happen to Tormod in Radiant Dawn once in that bog chapter with the Dawn Brigade. I mean... no great loss, but seeing as I rage quit, I guess it was.

Matthis > H5 Hyman
Thankfully Ruben did it for me.

The flurry of puns doesn't stop, I see.
Well, it's what people know me for. I jest can't Punish them by stopping.

That, or your units just didn't expect his horse to be so polite and bow to all of them in greeting.
A true equine gentleman. Either that or it was cowering in fear that it's owner would turn the Ridersbane on himself as a last resort.

I'm just glad those rolls happened now, when it wasn't too dangerous for your units, instead of in a situation where it would have really screwed you over, like in the previous chapter against Hyman.
All they screwed now was your turn count and that is negligible.
Very neglible. 4 turns instead of one or two is nothing. Especially with the amount of turns I wasted in the arena (more than I spent on the map, as it was 22 before versus 53 after I think... though we'll be more certain when I get the endgame.)

- Shiida, brandishing her Bradamante.
I should have just used it. Marth refused to get the one stat I wanted from him.

Aside from the huge risk you're taking by using the arena at all (only do low wages!), I'd say level 6 is fine. I think he needs a small lead on everyone else with those stats, especially on this difficulty.

Another fun part! That boss battle was probably more tedious than it needed to be, but luckily, it all worked out without much hassle. Here's to making Matthis useable! ... I hope.
Inb4 you have to reset, because he died to a crit.

It involved save state use... and a few days worth of work (and re-work)... but I got him there.

On 5/30/2020 at 9:42 PM, twilitfalchion said:

Ironic that the guy with TB can hold out better than Altea's finest.
Very. I guess he's used to constant pain, so a bit more doesn't matter.

Also known as every avatar character in FE.
Pretty much. Except with a pre-existing character this time.

Given the bastard's stats on this difficulty (I've looked them up 30 strength, 30 speed, and 25 defense alone make him terrifying as he'll double almost anything, and a goddamn 20 mt dragonstone makes it worse because even on a maxed out General that's 20 damage a hit), I think that'd require something really sneaky and underhanded.

Ukyo x Lena? I ship it.
When I think about it, Lena and Ukyo's own love interest have one thing in common. They both have family that don't consider Julian or Ukyo respectively good enough for them. Difference is Lena and Julian ultimately get together... Ukyo's love ultimately marries another man because of her family.  I might have to do something with that.

Quite the punny paladin you are, Sir The Roger.
Well, I mean I spent Ruben's whole Tear Ring Saga punning Lee (among others). So it's become my thing.

43dda2.jpg

Hey, the colors even match.
Well, there's a reason I made that pun (though is it even a pun when Cavaliero is actually an old English word derived from Cabellero and means cavalier?

She wants to help the "kind Altean," but she's gotta fill her pantry first, y'know.
I guess if she starves, it won't matter to her who wins the war.

Without a doubt, Wrys Cain do whatever he sets his mind to. He will be Abel to pull through to the end.
He's also one of the beneficiaWrys of levelling Matthis in the arena.

That's what happens when you bring one of the worst units in the game along with you.

27928108.jpg
~Matthis, 2020

When the RNG gods are working against you, you gotta make do with what you got. And hopefully not lose anyone in the process. Except Matthis. No one cares about him.
So far, I think the RNG has been working for me... I mean mostly.

fabulous-marth-is-fabulous_o_2454927.jpg

91656588_Yoenberwick2.png.b54e36a8b314ebyep.

Matthis.png

Unleash the Matthis. DEW IT.

Done.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:05 AM, twilitfalchion said:

Congratulations. I'm glad I could be part of this in some way... even if I don't have the heart to do a solo run myself because letting units die when I can prevent it goes against every bone in my body.

On 6/1/2020 at 7:54 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Bynnhmlp o

You know the moment I saw this, I saved it. I mean, I would say you could have put for Matthis "never started an archtype because he's inimitable", "able to use a silver spear at base in FE1", "nerfed in every game after 1 because 2 good" and "survived two hits from a killing edge Ogma", mentioned Hyman died in two hits on H5 in the dies in two hits from Ogma., and for Hyman put "never started an archtype because he wasn't even the first early game bandit boss in his own game", and "doesn't even have a unique portrait in fe1"
But it would have clogged it up. Also, the fact Matthis hair fits the meme perfectly is great.

I mean, in one of my SD runs (to be precise, the one with the Matthis from my signature), he one-shot Camus with a forged ridersbane before he could even say his regular battle quote. And all I ever fed him was a single speedwing.
Matthis has pretty decent growths if you get him past the rugged bases.

So you have chosen death.
Uncomfortable silence.

Yeah, I figured. Nobody would suggest using the SD arena unless they didn't know how bad it is.
I found that out the hard way. Mind I haven't really had much to do with arena abuse in general.

Rule #1 of LPing Fire Emblem: Any non-canon levels will 100% of the time be far better than the real ones.
Rule #1 of LPing is wrong. Because Cain and Abel got pretty crap levels in that run as well. I'll take a bad Marth over a bad everyone.

Congratulations! That's quite impressive. Next up, Wrys solo. Dew it.
Wrys solo ends in chapter 1. Because no way of attacking.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:04 AM, DragonFlames said:

The terrible drawings and the descriptions make this one actually funny.
So there!
I'm so glad you made that wish.

stale joke. damage and knockback reduced.

The Minor update.

Spoiler

So, while I was doing my attempt to arena abuse Matthis... which had taken three days at that point.... my computer crashed on getting Matthis to level 5. I was set back to the save state I made before ending part 5. That said... I went back to it. I also decided to go with Pengauis level 8 suggestion because I was mad about losing all that hard work.
Results?
8BiW3JOW_o.pngLLoySSWQ_o.pngIw9joVNv_o.pngV1K75MjO_o.pngdd9AuU3c_o.pngaRyu3Y0e_o.png
Matthis is flat speed blessed. He's 2 points ahead of where he should be there, and where he should be on everything else save defense, which he's one point behind in.
He's no great unit yet... but a damn sight better than he was. 26 hp 8 defense and 9 speed makes him a pretty solid defensive unit... though his luck puts him at risk of crits.
His strength is a bit lacklustre, but he has a 40% growth there. I'm sure it'll be fine. For now though it does leave him at one disadvantage... it's lower than my other cavs and Barst... higher than Marth or Caeda (who make up for it with their prf weapons), and equal to Draug, Castor and Ogma. Ogma can double, hit more reliably and lacks the luck deficiency... at the cost of some defense. Castor and Draug are chip damage.

The point is... he's pretty lacking in offense. He's above average in defense... but has a vulnerability to crits. For the moment he's yet to find a niche. A jack of all trades, but master of none. That said, with a 90% growth in hp and 30% in defense... he's liable to be a tank. The fact he's got three points of speed on a 20% growth also bodes incredibly well, because that's his absolute worst growth.

Also healer levels.
hMbbUIEu_o.pngkz6IAKfN_o.png

Wrys got some speed on level 5 which I witlessly saved over the screencap for (oops, Wrys level was already taken for a file name. What I get for not using numbers like I usually do), which might come in handy later if I try to make him my Gharnef killer... and some skill which won't do much. Lena got this beautiful level because she was clearly inspired by her brother's trials and tribulations.
NJTzIQ0K_o.png8rxvxdry_o.pngprY26T03_o.pngsaprCVNN_o.png
Anyway, we get a silver sword which we're supposed to give to Hardin but most likely will use with Ogma when he reaches B level swords. Because obediance.
cdduIk2x_o.png
Another chapter for another day/gag.

54 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I'll try to remember. Point is both of them were badass.

Honestly, everyone who survived my FE6 run were badasses. It took a special brand of talent not to die to my incompetence.

And then there's Allen, who survived by virtue of being forgotten by everybody.

55 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I just complain that the developers don't treat him as well as they should, and it comes off as insulting him if read wrong.

Matthis need not be treated well by the developers. He transcends the boundaries of balance and attains godhood through his own talent.

56 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I bet if you played FE1 he'd be your best unit too. I mean silver lances early game helps.

Probably, but I'm kinda tired of tedious FEs after spending a month on Radiant Dawn. I want my next one to be one that I can have fun playing, y'know? There are a couple of fangames I've been eyeing...

57 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

If I ever try to do Tear Ring as an LP, Arkis is getting used... no matter how bad an idea that may seem.

If you can make him into something worthwhile, go ahead. To be honest, I've never really hated Arkis. It just became a running joke to contrast Butterman's endless praise of him. If you ever play TRS and get a godly Arkis, I'll grumble and complain, but it would secretly make me happy.

58 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Eugen.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

He's also one of the beneficiaWrys of levelling Matthis in the arena.

Oh God the madman managed to pun Wrys. We've done it, folks. We've reached peak memery. There's no going back from here.

You know the moment I saw this, I saved it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Wrys solo ends in chapter 1. Because no way of attacking.

Wrys solo starting in chapter 4. Dew it.

aRyu3Y0e_o.png
Matthis is flat speed blessed.

He's like the inverse of my godly Matthis, who was speed screwed but had great offense.

That is, until I dissed his speed and he started to get it in every level.

silver sword which we're supposed to give to Hardin

He can't even use it

But can butter be exchanged for dead people?

It can be exchanged for money which can then be exchanged for dead people, so if you have an alchemical circuit you can theoretically exchange butter for its equivalent value of dead people, but human transmutation is illegal, so the law requires that I answer no. 

Excellent. 

Anyway, we get a silver sword which we're supposed to give to Hardin but most likely will use with Ogma when he reaches B level swords. Because obediance.

Ah yes, minus 1 convoy space

Spoiler
3 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I don't know. I mean 80% hp (vs 90% as Myrmidon), 35% strength (30% as Myrmidon), 45% skill (40% as Myrmidon), 35% speed (50% as Myrmidon), 40% luck (luck is character based, so class doesn't affect it), and 20% def (versus 10 as a myrmidon) means I've traded off 15% speed and 10% hp for 5% on strength, 5 percent on skill, and 10% on defense... as well as additional base strength and defense. Also movement. The hp change hardly matters because 80 or 90% is still high either way, and the speed... well if it goes too bad I can switch back for a map or two.

Oh woah, I didn't consider those good bonuses, that's pretty cool. I just had always heard he got one-rounded in the next chapter as a cav.

Making sure I have to forge his rapier to damage horses. I'll probably give it a less suggestive name.

NO SUBTLETY! Call it the Horse Raper... hehehehehe hey put that banhammer down!

On 5/31/2020 at 4:54 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Bynnhmlp o

This one sucks because Matthis doesn't have the chad bulge.

8BiW3JOW_o.pngLLoySSWQ_o.pngIw9joVNv_o.pngV1K75MjO_o.pngdd9AuU3c_o.pngaRyu3Y0e_o.png

Hmm well only the last two levels were good, the ones before it were decent at best, and mediocre at worst.

I wonder how long it will take for everyone else to start putting their replies in spoilers? Btw Roger, use asterisks at the start of every part so I can CTRL+F to find the parts more easily whilst replying.

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

You're right, 0/10 how could I commit such a terrible blunder.

I wonder how long it will take for everyone else to start putting their replies in spoilers?

I've been doing this for nearly three years, and they've never started. Ever. Heck, I began doing it in my own updates before them.

Btw Roger, use asterisks at the start of every part so I can CTRL+F to find the parts more easily whilst replying.

Usually when I quote something I just CTRL+F back to the same sentence I quoted. Still, this is kinda genius to find updates in the middle of all the other stuff. Maybe I should steal the idea for my own LP.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah Man, Matthis deserves to have big bulge drawn so everyone can recognize immediately that you don't fuck with this guy. His 6 Base strength will blow you away!

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've been doing this for nearly three years, and they've never started. Ever. Heck, I began doing it in my own updates before them.

I only knew that you did it for your own LP's when you put the replies section for each part, but never have seen you do that for an LP that isn't yours.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Usually when I quote something I just CTRL+F back to the same sentence I quoted.

I'm the supremest of morons... gah! I always Ctrl+F the stuff before quoting it.... pointless! ... POINTLESS! Minutes of my life... wasted!

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, this is kinda genius to find updates in the middle of all the other stuff. Maybe I should steal the idea for my own LP.

Well I in turn stole it from Mekkah I think? I forgot from where since it wasn't an LP iirc. So go right ahead.

Thanks for sating my curiosity in the earlier mini update, although the question of what happens if you try to force them onto terrain they usually can't inhabit is interesting... depending on the priority of where it relocates (which would require testing in a clear and open environment to determine) you might be able to test that with the Merric recruitment, otherwise you might have to reach the Beck recruitment to truly test it.

10 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

So, while I was doing my attempt to arena abuse Matthis... which had taken three days at that point.... my computer crashed on getting Matthis to level 5. I was set back to the save state I made before ending part 5. That said... I went back to it. I also decided to go with Pengauis level 8 suggestion because I was mad about losing all that hard work.

Wow, losing progress due to technical problems already? This is a thorough testing of the waters for what a screenshot LP is like😛

10 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

saprCVNN_o.png

This is one of those little things that IS should have realized when they updated the mechanics of this game, but didn't update much else. In the Weapon Level system of old this makes perfect sense, but with modern weapon ranks Hardin can't even use it. Some other noticeable ones are how class changing, class bases, and using personal bases to match their old stats leads to weird counter intuitive features of units, like Draug being secretly really fast and untanky (in any other class). Another is the weird stat hack they used on Wolf and Sedgar to deal with Horsemen now being a promoted classes. One final one to point out is the way weapon triangle, and enemy weapon choices managed to make swords even worse than they normally are latter into the game. Shadow Dragon is in a really weird place where I think it would work better if it were either more faithful (like Echoes) or a little less faithful (like New Mystery), instead of the odd middle ground it settled into. Sorry if that went off into a really ranty direction...

7 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I wonder how long it will take for everyone else to start putting their replies in spoilers?

I can see the logic in it, but kinda fear the impact everyone putting their comments in spoiler boxes would have on how much interaction there is between those reading it. Putting a comment in a spoiler box is a clear indication that you expect it to be either long, or an actual spoiler, and while that isn't much of a barrier for people reading the update (as everyone is here to read through the LP), it could be for other people reading the comments. With them all out in the open like this people will probably at least skim through the other comments, whereas that might not be the case if they are all hidden away in spoiler boxes.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

With them all out in the open like this people will probably at least skim through the other comments, whereas that might not be the case if they are all hidden away in spoiler boxes.

Perhaps, but I don't think anyone who wouldn't open those spoiler boxes is either a) interested or b) reading the LP

On 6/3/2020 at 11:41 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

The point is... he's pretty lacking

Matthis in a nutshell.

Matthis is flat speed blessed. He's 2 points ahead of where he should be there, and where he should be on everything else save defense, which he's one point behind in.
He's no great unit yet... but a damn sight better than he was. 26 hp 8 defense and 9 speed makes him a pretty solid defensive unit... though his luck puts him at risk of crits.
His strength is a bit lacklustre, but he has a 40% growth there. I'm sure it'll be fine. For now though it does leave him at one disadvantage... it's lower than my other cavs and Barst... higher than Marth or Caeda (who make up for it with their prf weapons), and equal to Draug, Castor and Ogma. Ogma can double, hit more reliably and lacks the luck deficiency... at the cost of some defense. Castor and Draug are chip damage.

The point is... he's pretty lacking in offense. He's above average in defense... but has a vulnerability to crits. For the moment he's yet to find a niche. A jack of all trades, but master of none. That said, with a 90% growth in hp and 30% in defense... he's liable to be a tank. The fact he's got three points of speed on a 20% growth also bodes incredibly well, because that's his absolute worst growth.

Nice work getting him to actually be viable. I'm sure the effort that went into that was as tedious as heck.

Wrys got some speed on level 5 which I witlessly saved over the screencap for (oops, Wrys level was already taken for a file name. What I get for not using numbers like I usually do), which might come in handy later if I try to make him my Gharnef killer.

Make the elderly curate sacrifice himself for the good of Archanea. It's not like he had much life left in him anyway.

Anyway, we get a silver sword which we're supposed to give to Hardin but most likely will use with Ogma when he reaches B level swords.

No point giving the good stuff to someone who's going to become evil later.

------------------------------------

EUGEN EUGEN EUGEN!

Congratulations. I'm glad I could be part of this in some way... even if I don't have the heart to do a solo run myself because letting units die when I can prevent it goes against every bone in my body.

It's like letting your virtual family members die. No, seriously, I only did it to finish SD in a way that made the game less bland. Unless I don't like the character, I Wil usually reset.

Also, after almost two complete playthroughs, I found that I've come to appreciate SD more than I used to. It's a really solid game with some of the tightest FE gameplay the series has to offer, even if the story leaves a lot to be desired. So thanks for that.

Edited by twilitfalchion

On 6/3/2020 at 8:41 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Well, I mean there might be money FROM dead people, but the dead people are actually in the cemetery

What about Epstien? We all know you paid to have him escape from prison...

BMorshu's outfit does sort of resemble Wario's biker gear when I think about it.

Inb4 Morshuware will become the next big franchise for nintendo.

hMbbUIEu_o.png

That's my boy Wrys being a legend as usual.

Shadow Dragon was on the regular DS though. Also the Wii U eShop from memory

Haven't had a DS either. And I don't think that it's on the Wii U eshop? I played FE7 and 8 on my Wii u at first, but I may have missed it.

Good luck with that. I need to Establish I've never actually tried to use her on normal... I wouldn't have the foggiEst where to start on the HighEst difficulty

I will remind you again, lEst you forget you to use her.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's one of the only FE games available to buy on Wii U, apart from FE7 and FE8 as you mentioned.

Oh. I can't believe I missed it!

*Part-6: Guarding the Wolfguard

replies

Spoiler
On 6/4/2020 at 2:46 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, everyone who survived my FE6 run were badasses. It took a special brand of talent not to die to my incompetence.

And then there's Allen, who survived by virtue of being forgotten by everybody.
I was about to point out Allen... then you beat me to it. Also there's Roy who technically died multiple times, Merlinus who is playing casual mode before it was a thing, and Lilina... who became a meme for her non-canon death. There's also Gonzales. He wasn't exactly endgame material, but he sure taught that switch in Bern a lesson.

Matthis need not be treated well by the developers. He transcends the boundaries of balance and attains godhood through his own talent.
Also a 40% strength and 30% defense growth in Shadow Dragon as a cavalier is pretty impressive. Mind... there's a number of characters who can outdo him in one or even both and have better speed besides... while being in the same class-line. Catria being the shining example, as she outdoes him in anything not called HP or availability. That said... his early game appearance actually makes him workable... and reclassing to Dracoknight fixes his biggest problem... namely speed growths. None of the armor knights have that in this game.

Probably, but I'm kinda tired of tedious FEs after spending a month on Radiant Dawn. I want my next one to be one that I can have fun playing, y'know? There are a couple of fangames I've been eyeing...
As we've seen in your LP's latest installment. (hint for anyone not reading it)

If you can make him into something worthwhile, go ahead. To be honest, I've never really hated Arkis. It just became a running joke to contrast Butterman's endless praise of him. If you ever play TRS and get a godly Arkis, I'll grumble and complain, but it would secretly make me happy.
More if I ever publicly play TRS. Mind it's gonna take a while to finish this the way I'm going.

Eugen.
Eugen? Eugen.

Oh God the madman managed to pun Wrys. We've done it, folks. We've reached peak memery. There's no going back from here.
There never was. Wrysent events have proven that.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I have no way to respond to that without it turning into a cyclical thing.

Wrys solo starting in chapter 4. Dew it.
Let all Wrys in agony before the humble curate.

He's like the inverse of my godly Matthis, who was speed screwed but had great offense.
He'll get there. 40% growth is a lot... wait Marth has a 50% growth in strength and he's seen not a single point of it.

That is, until I dissed his speed and he started to get it in every level.
It's what I wanted most from him. He got it. I'm happy. Just wish there were more deployment slots this chapter.

He can't even use it

This is what happens when you don't think about weapon rank changes.

On 6/4/2020 at 2:57 AM, Pengaius said:

It can be exchanged for money which can then be exchanged for dead people, so if you have an alchemical circuit you can theoretically exchange butter for its equivalent value of dead people, but human transmutation is illegal, so the law requires that I answer no. 
Meanwhile... in Pengauis' basement, the screams of the souls of the dead converted to butter fill the sound proof room. But err... you didn't hear it from me.

Excellent.

Ah yes, minus 1 convoy space
For now. Not like I'm using the damn thing. I mean the convoy, not the sword.

On 6/4/2020 at 5:35 AM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

Oh woah, I didn't consider those good bonuses, that's pretty cool. I just had always heard he got one-rounded in the next chapter as a cav.
He would have... if I used him to attack those fighters. There's a reason I had him go the other way. The cavs were just a point too slow to one round.

NO SUBTLETY! Call it the Horse Raper... hehehehehe hey put that banhammer down!
Unfortunately, I realized I had to wait. I needed that forge on the ridersbane more when I looked at the map.

You can't see it because he's wearing armor there.

Hmm well only the last two levels were good, the ones before it were decent at best, and mediocre at worst.
Least they weren't empty. Besides, this is Shadow Dragon... anything that's not empty is good.

I wonder how long it will take for everyone else to start putting their replies in spoilers? Btw Roger, use asterisks at the start of every part so I can CTRL+F to find the parts more easily whilst replying.

On 6/4/2020 at 6:51 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Armor. He has armor.
Me either. I mean... I could but that'd make sense. I never make sense.

Usually when I quote something I just CTRL+F back to the same sentence I quoted. Still, this is kinda genius to find updates in the middle of all the other stuff. Maybe I should steal the idea for my own LP.
I did. Wait... I got it from my LP's comments. Is that stealing? Or do I just pay royalties per update?

On 6/4/2020 at 11:54 AM, This boi uses Nino said:

Yeah Man, Matthis deserves to have big bulge drawn so everyone can recognize immediately that you don't fuck with this guy. His 6 Base strength will blow you away!
Base 5 actually. He got two strength levels. Otherwise he'd just be Marth with three chapters less availability. Except he traded prf weapons for having javelins at base, a mount, and a better weapon type. Fair trade if I'm honest.

I only knew that you did it for your own LP's when you put the replies section for each part, but never have seen you do that for an LP that isn't yours.
I don't think anyone does except you. Which is kind of weird. I mean I do use the spoilers for songs... but that's about it.

I'm the supremest of morons... gah! I always Ctrl+F the stuff before quoting it.... pointless! ... POINTLESS! Minutes of my life... wasted!
Tell me about it. I still can't get used to the idea.

Well I in turn stole it from Mekkah I think? I forgot from where since it wasn't an LP iirc. So go right ahead.
Wait... now who am I paying royalties to?

On 6/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Thanks for sating my curiosity in the earlier mini update, although the question of what happens if you try to force them onto terrain they usually can't inhabit is interesting... depending on the priority of where it relocates (which would require testing in a clear and open environment to determine) you might be able to test that with the Merric recruitment, otherwise you might have to reach the Beck recruitment to truly test it.

To be honest, it was eating away at me from the moment I noticed I could land a flier on the tile. I mean, I did feel obligated to include it seeing as I raised the question in the first place.

Wow, losing progress due to technical problems already? This is a thorough testing of the waters for what a screenshot LP is like😛

So much for testing the waters. At this point I think I've hit every road block I was worried about and found some way to deal with it... save the absolute worst case scenarios.

This is one of those little things that IS should have realized when they updated the mechanics of this game, but didn't update much else. In the Weapon Level system of old this makes perfect sense, but with modern weapon ranks Hardin can't even use it. Some other noticeable ones are how class changing, class bases, and using personal bases to match their old stats leads to weird counter intuitive features of units, like Draug being secretly really fast and untanky (in any other class). Another is the weird stat hack they used on Wolf and Sedgar to deal with Horsemen now being a promoted classes. One final one to point out is the way weapon triangle, and enemy weapon choices managed to make swords even worse than they normally are latter into the game. Shadow Dragon is in a really weird place where I think it would work better if it were either more faithful (like Echoes) or a little less faithful (like New Mystery), instead of the odd middle ground it settled into. Sorry if that went off into a really ranty direction...

I honestly find the quirks with Draug and the others one of the most endearing things about this game. Being able to create absolutely bizarre units because of personal growths and class growths not lining up appeals to my sense of humor. That said.. swords being screwed over by the weapon triangle kind of annoys me. They already were kind of bad with the lack of two-range options.

I can see the logic in it, but kinda fear the impact everyone putting their comments in spoiler boxes would have on how much interaction there is between those reading it. Putting a comment in a spoiler box is a clear indication that you expect it to be either long, or an actual spoiler, and while that isn't much of a barrier for people reading the update (as everyone is here to read through the LP), it could be for other people reading the comments. With them all out in the open like this people will probably at least skim through the other comments, whereas that might not be the case if they are all hidden away in spoiler boxes.
I think I'll leave the decision up to everyone individually (like I could change it if I tried, right?)... as I can see it going either way. I personally read them anyway (on other LPs and not merely this one... where I'm obviously going to read them). But I like to see people's thoughts on things and build in-jokes.

On 6/4/2020 at 2:20 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

Perhaps, but I don't think anyone who wouldn't open those spoiler boxes is either a) interested or b) reading the LP
As above... I figure it could go either way. I mean, someone could catch a glimpse of something that particularly interests them without the spoiler box. But then it definitely will help keep people from accidentally spoiling themselves mid-scroll... like I'm want to on occasion.

On 6/4/2020 at 5:29 PM, DragonFlames said:

Congratulations on getting Mathis that far! Hopefully you hard work will pay off!
Unfortunately not this chapter... as someone gave us minimal deployment slots to work with this time. So I had to make concessions.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:17 AM, twilitfalchion said:

Matthis in a nutshell.
I've personally killed Michalis with him before. Really a good Matthis comes down to his deciding whether or not to proc speed... something that can be helped along by making him a draco-knight. Something he does better than, say Cain, Abel or Frey. See, his higher defense and hp growths means he loses less from it as he'll still proc them more than the others, and he maintains the same strength growth as Frey when he becomes a draco-knight (as opposed to one equal to Abel). Maybe if I'm lucky, he'll get to the point where he can fill the role Jagen has presently better than Jagen (that is a winged delete button).

Nice work getting him to actually be viable. I'm sure the effort that went into that was as tedious as heck.
Let's put it this way, if I wrote a list of things I'm never going to do again, that's going on it.

Make the elderly curate sacrifice himself for the good of Archanea. It's not like he had much life left in him anyway.
Sacrifice? Why would he need to? Pure water... promotion bonuses to resistance... inevitable resistance growth, that thing where I pump every talisman into him to make him impervious to magic... he should be fine.

No point giving the good stuff to someone who's going to become evil later.
Not that he'd bother using it next game. I mean, once you get the Gradivus, it's kind of redundant to go back to silver swords you don't have the rank for anyway.

------------------------------------

EUGEN EUGEN EUGEN!

It's like letting your virtual family members die. No, seriously, I only did it to finish SD in a way that made the game less bland. Unless I don't like the character, I Wil usually reset.

Also, after almost two complete playthroughs, I found that I've come to appreciate SD more than I used to. It's a really solid game with some of the tightest FE gameplay the series has to offer, even if the story leaves a lot to be desired. So thanks for that.
It's also quite nice for pick-up and play. The simplicity is both it's greatest strength and weakness in that way. On one hand, you miss a lot of the tactical advantages of dancers, rescue, rescue dropping, rescue staves, skills, combat arts, battalions, canto, etc. But in some ways that makes it a good game to work with, because the more bare-bones options in Shadow Dragon apply to any game in the series... where any other two games are liable to be quite different.

On 6/5/2020 at 3:54 PM, Benice said:

What about Epstien? We all know you paid to have him escape from prison...
If I had ever met Epstein, he definitely wouldn't have killed himself. Mostly because someone else would have.

Inb4 Morshuware will become the next big franchise for nintendo.
Or Morhsu-Wares. Where you sell bombs, rope and lamp-oil.

That's my boy Wrys being a legend as usual.
If I keep using Wrys and Matthis, this basically becomes a Saint Rubenio run by proxy doesn't it?

Haven't had a DS either. And I don't think that it's on the Wii U eshop? I played FE7 and 8 on my Wii u at first, but I may have missed it.
I believe it was added at the end of 2016 which may be why you missed it. I forget... when did the Switch come out and everyone start focusing on it?

I will remind you again, lEst you forget you to use her.
I honestly don't know how much space I'm going to have on my team (remembering deployment slots). I mean.. the plan is to drop characters who've fell off significantly (inevitably Jagen and likely Ogma later on as other options come available) We'll see.

Vyland is the most forgettable unit in Archanea.

Update.

Spoiler

cdduIk2x_o.png
Remember this gag? It's been like two parts, but it's back.

DKxmmosf_o.pngBOijF0Sn_o.pngPlRgeQNl_o.pngtW3rW8nm_o.png

I'm honestly not surprised. I mean, Hardin's not even paying attention to the war going on behind him. How haven't they lost yet?

1H3FUOOj_o.pngMCRp3fX4_o.png
Or pay ATTENTION to it. Seriously Hardin, is this pretending they aren't there if you can't see them? And how does one live up to the name coyote? By literally killing two people in recorded history, one of which is a 19 year old folk singer and the other of which is a literal three year old girl? Because that's a pretty uninspiring name. More so when you listen to the stories my friend from Arizona told me about coyotes. From what he said, they're more timid than intimidating. Which might explain why he's... you know, not even looking at the war.
qOZIsgik_o.pngxxYqo3Hk_o.pngLCnMbB4z_o.png2yAS4SJG_o.png
I seem to remember Nyna not having much of a choice. I mean, Archanea had been taken by that point. Oh well.

YdULAYjF_o.pnglOVrEeLB_o.png
Anyway... I use the opportunity to buy a couple things... heal staves to replace the ones that wore down (or flat broke) in that whole arena bit, a extra one for Wendell which Merric is holding for now, a fire tome for Merric so he doesn't exclusively use Excalibur. A forge on the Ridersbane, so Jagen can do some important stuff with it, and a name to reflect it's new power. Now, in theory, I should have more gold from the arena... but I actually did lose some from you know, having to submit on wagers after getting bad matchups. I'm only willing to bend the rules so far.
RZu8EeIb_o.png2wGYLOqi_o.pngyjzH9zi6_o.png
Here we see my choices for who will fill those 10 slots... because this map needed to cut my choices back so we could have the Wolf Guard scrubs take up valuable forced deployment slots. So I'm leaving Matthis and Ukyo because I want the better hit rates on Cain and Abel... Castor because Draug's only drawback in comparison is he can't yet use the steel bow... and he's not really gonna need it this chapter. Wrys because Lena's warp is unnecessary and I want to build Wrys' staff rank in case I ever need a second warp user. Merric to recruit Wendell. Ogma because he can't be doubled by the pegasus knight and can double the archers, Barst post reclass to fighter because he now can't be doubled by a pegasus knight and can hit pretty hard, especially on the knights. Caeda to one-shot a cavalier or to, Draco-knight Jagen with Gae Buidhe to deal with a threat to the Wolf-guard. Marth... because he's mandatory.
cLWCI25v_o.pngRWOajCe1_o.pngKRpjXUc0_o.pngmsfY2neE_o.png
What do you mean we Hardin? Nyna won't do a damn thing in this game, and you're liable to do about as much seeing as I'm already having trouble fitting my team in the deployment slots

uEyWapas_o.png8EavrrIi_o.png
Hardin... you aren't going anywhere. You guys all get two shot at best and one rounded at worst. Plus if memory serves the enemy are coming right for you now. So you'll have your hands full surviving without drastic action.
azbeLQ9X_o.pngxsVqpEs3_o.pngUwfrno3E_o.png
Like so. Jagen's going to set up next turn to deal with the approaching cavaliers.. while Wolf sets up to lure the archers away from him... and do some minor chip damage to the one that attacks him. Vyland sets up for a trade with Sedgar next turn so... I'll explain then. Hardin and Roshea just set up because.
V2xM9rvt_o.png
Everyone else sets up just out of enemy range, because the cavaliers should be ready to try and attack anyway. So why not let them put themselves at risk for once?
YBFyl4fN_o.pngpa0cxz7r_o.pngtOeZWF80_o.png
So, Wolf serves his purpose, as all the archers decide to go for him despite one having the ability to reach him. He also gets in 5 damage. Checking carefully, I set up Jagen on the fort so one (or hopefully both) the enemy cavs will suicide on him. If I'm right, the javelin cav will attack first because more damage (or was it crit? I forget, I played it a couple days ago), but there's no where for him to attack at two range... so he should suicide charge like a moron and they should both die. If I'm wrong, and the enemy doesn't prioritize damage... Jagen falls back and the Wolf guard helps as much as possible. Meanwhile Vyland trades Wolf's ironbow off him and Wolf sets up on the fort to heal in case. Sedgar moves to where Wolf was and takes the iron bow from Vyland so he can hold the archer's attention, chip some more, and not get doubled.... which he would if he tried to use the steel bow. Hence that archer will be easier to kill later. Which could be vital... or could just be a time saver.
hFY4HXw3_o.pngKy1sO3bf_o.pngMuv3WLGe_o.png8O3sb259_o.png
Caeda one shots one of the cavs (the one that'd be hardest to safely surround), and Draug, Ogma (who doubles even with a steel sword) and Merric undo another. Feels like a bit of a waste of an Excalibur use... but whatever.
DxEIuyYf_o.pngTXb6ELWt_o.pngNNNyb62T_o.pngqHC35fCn_o.png
Barst and Abel weaken the other one so Marth can finish him off. At this point I realize that Cain would be doubled by the Pegasus Knight so I can't set him up as a lure. So instead I just heal Ogma with Wrys knowing we've more combat to go, and with Ogma locked to one range he'll need the HP.
Y8vDx3BX_o.pngeyeXv9a0_o.pngfqqFcsho_o.pngGu7jCrGC_o.png
Well, even though I'm right, and javelin cav did indeed atttack first... I forget to screencap the second battle. But I do get the luck level up (now I have less use for it) and weapon level (which I might have use for still) that result... also the fact Jagen is now rather low on health with 7 hp left (meaning the second guy did significantly less). Sedgar avoids being two percent crit (a flaw I didn't think about in my plan, because I've never actually used Sedgar as much or more than I just did) while doing chip damage.
5ZZzXHdO_o.pngUiB697SY_o.pngvMhAfytq_o.pngLl9XMjys_o.png
Jagen falls back and uses a vulnerary, because by my calculations even being doubled by that pegasus knight he should have one hp left. Plus now he'll lure her in range of Wolf and Sedgar while weakening her so at least one should be able to finish her off. Cain and Abel set up a detour for the theif by the bridge while Abel takes a cheap shot at him. Because of his A.I., he should prioritize the village... and go around. Wasting movement and giving me a chance to finish him next turn. Barst sets up to bait and damage the pegasus knight, also aggroing the archer and Wendell. So Merric, Ogma and Draug set up as backup while Wrys heals Ogma for an empty level. The Shadow Dragon experience everyone.
GMfDx9wo_o.png3FU1s8UM_o.png
Jagen, as planned, survives by one HP and now the Pegasus Knight is ready to have her wings clipped. Hope it was worth it. You may also notice by now I had Sedgar give Wolf back his Iron Bow for this strategy.
WUo1VQbj_o.png
Speaking of decisions not worth it.... haha. Look at that. Barst just dodged that one like it was nothing. Nice work Bar-
TUQMSoly_o.png
Barstard! He missed a  95%? With two RNGs? DAMN IT.
hLaFNpuQ_o.pnghYhEqPnb_o.png
Plan B. Draug chips her, and gets a level. More speed means he might get doubling soon. But that luck's worthless because I don't plan on having a guy with four defence even try and take a hit.
hLhyX50E_o.png
Cain finishes of the damaged thief now... because for some reason I decide that' more important than working on that pegasus knight. Must have got distracted at this point. Anyway the plan is to have Abel go up to the bridge and take another chip-shot by Javelin on the thief trying to cross it while forcing him to double back.
j735C4qM_o.pngJhPzF4Fn_o.png
Except Abel decides to get a crit and cut out the second phase of the plan. So I did it. The town is safe, for what it's worth. Which is not much. Better get back to that Pegasus knight.
nZs9nTOD_o.png1rvHVd0H_o.png72n2A9zJ_o.png
Barst must be trying to make up for my disappointment over that miss. Because he not only does the job this time... but he crits. Completely superfluous with the damage Draug inflicted at the start of the turn, and too late for my plans regarding the archer to go ahead. But the level's not that bad, considering he needs the axeurracy and speed and HP are always good.
iHOOk5fc_o.pngYgslQbvw_o.png
Now here's the problem. Even with Ogma doubling, Marth's too weak to lower the archer's hp by more than 4 and was unable to reach Wendell. Caeda's too far away to have attacked from one range, and I'm not risking her missing and getting one shot. Merric has a 95% hit against the archer regardless of tome... but will be doubled and killed if he misses.. like Barst did in enemy phase. But he needs to enter the archer's range because of Wendell's position, as I'm not letting Wendell attack on enemy phase. Quite a situation that Barst's miss got me into. I have little choice. Risk Merric, or risk both the archer and Wendell attacking. Not much of a choice at all.
V7sH9BR3_o.pngufu8Zbwf_o.png
Give it a minute. He might surprise you.
IM6v2Sa4_o.pngoKTltmKL_o.png
Wendell's actually got severe cataracts and is mostly blind. He thought he had joined the Altean Army. I mean, a pegasus knight, three cavaliers, an archer. He just figured Marth was staying back like King Aurelis or Mostyn and Draug got benched because Armor Knights suck on hard 5. Should have realized that one of the cavaliers should have been promoted.
oYF3vUwg_o.pnguRDfXX23_o.pngnglUFxmU_o.pngMTWBjnEg_o.pngENlhxmM2_o.pngwS23srHh_o.png97xHrAGG_o.pngRIFtcvHn_o.png
What's with the food metaphors? Is this a mage thing? I mean, it'd explain Illyana.

rixbeXcU_o.pngcCK59JMD_o.png
Furthering my thesis about Wendell's eyesight. He hasn't noticed Marth standing next to Merric.
IhZw8e4R_o.png
Anyway, seeing as Merric's in severe risk of dying to the archer, we trade everything to Wendell.
prnsXDO7_o.png9AE0sAIn_o.pngc7pCaaTA_o.pngD6dnH4UQ_o.png
Including the fire tome, because Wendell's superior tome rank gives him a better hit-rate. You really thought I was risking a miss? Also Wolf finishes off that Pegasus Knight that almost but not quite killed Jagen. 4 turns to clear off most of the enemies. Quite a start. Anyway, I start moving the Wolf-guard, Jagen and Hardin. Plan is to have them block  off the forts (or in Sedgar's case just hang out on their one and heal) so they don't spew reinforcements later. Wolf himself is gonna go for the cleric for the exp... as I plan to have one over-powered wall.
ihtWnYPd_o.pngqzVnuTWo_o.png
I also move Caeda to this square, Bradamante in hand, where one of the knights can reach her but the archers conveniently can't before ending the turn. As the knight can't kill her, it's night night knight come enemy phase.
ENbdBWfS_o.png4SIfbuzi_o.png
Now she's just showing off. A dodge and crit? Really? You already oneshot the guy, and doubled him. But you had to rub salt into the wound, and just delete any record of him ever existing from history. He's so destroyed that his descendants will be cursed to be forgotten and ignored.
2NUMsYFb_o.pngVTqalYes_o.png
And she goes and procs strength. I mean, the skill and speed were expected. But the strength? Now she's stronger than Marth. I mean as in she has a higher strength stat. She was already a better unit. Now only Gordin and Marth are on that 5 strength. Decided to use the player phase shot of Marth approaching the village to emphasise my point.
eOFDn14X_o.pngfbxeZuIk_o.png
Anyway, the Wolf Guard continues their journey to clog the forts, Barst takes a hand axe and sets up just inside enemy range so the nearest archer will take damage from him, Wrys sets up next to Barst to heal him so he can continue fighting even after taking an attack enemy phase, everyone else sets up ready to join in on the gangpile on the three archers and the surviving knight. Marth's still just outside the village because I used that to emphasise the other thing, and Merric takes back fire and Excalibur so so he can contribute seeing as he's alive. Wendell keeps his heal staff, as intended.
tOSdovXa_o.png
Barst, realizing the other crit was pointless, decides to take another shot at redeeming himself... by critting the archer on the counter. Marking the second set of back to back crits this chapter and the end of said archer's life. What a way to go.
KuGsC6Zw_o.pngCBDpWBJi_o.png
Ogma takes advantage of the fact he can double with a steel sword to finish off the archer Wolf and Sedgar chipped at the start of the chapter (he was just able to finish him thanks to that, so it was worth it). This level on the other hand, is rather crap. I am however, impressed at the fact he's now one point of luck off matching my last Ogma... who used a Goddess Icon... and went to endgame. What that says about his luck growth last time I don't know.
N19doDda_o.pngjYutqbxU_o.pnghKigUJOO_o.png
Wrys heals Barst up, and Barst chips. Merric, not able to be doubled this time (and thus able to be healed by Wendell if he misses), uses Excalibur for precise damage to finish the archer. So now we're down to a curate, and two knights. One of whom is the boss.
fJwMx4d5_o.pngbrF1wiFx_o.pngSgGxMWpq_o.pnghu62o9p5_o.pngODhNnTs1_o.pngZoeVUgW3_o.pngKN6n6fNw_o.pngTZ77KrKv_o.png
"I'd always assumed dragons looked something like parrots, but I ain't stupid"~This guy. Seriously, did this conversation inspire Fae's design?
NQKs9NiN_o.pngOLTSOkBW_o.pngvLeOCEja_o.pngJTxYraHM_o.png
Anyway, out of that we got a firestone. Which will help a bad unit contribute next to nothing. Caeda positions herself so she can help with the knight in the rather unlikely circumstance Barst misses again or just head for the boss. Jagen blocks one fort, Vyland another, Wolf worsks torwards the enemy curate, Roshea works his way to the last fort. Hardin blocks one fort in case it does reinforcements because I don't remember. Point is, there's one fort left to block on turn 6. I thought I had until turn 10 before they started showing up.. but the wiki says turn 9 for the one Roshea's headed for, 11 for the one Jagen's blocking, and never for the others. Not sure if that's right.
jt9lYaBc_o.pngZsWKOqUU_o.png
Abel moves so he can get some Javelins from the shop next turn if need be. Meanwhile this is formation. Mostly so everyone's ready to cross once this knight is dead.
eUWWyusO_o.png
Enemy phase. Nothing particularly special.
m3d0e33S_o.pngbOBCcjV0_o.pngXsOnWlPm_o.pngpKGoWUzB_o.png
Wrys heals Barst so he can safely use the ssuspiciously sharp hammer and not worry if he misses. He doesn't, and obtains our first door key. Which, seeing as there's no doors on an open plain, goes to the convoy for later use.
jLeZp32R_o.pngLlU8eUhl_o.png
Roshea is just shy of reaching the fort... though he still has time. Wolf begins work on the curate, because he's got no way to guard himself.
sQIDWk6w_o.png
At this point... I think I'm about to kill the boss with Caeda... and get a rude awakening when I realize he's a bit too much for her. Not only can she not one-shot him, he can one shot her. So there's no way in hell I'm banking on this exchange.
Qd5uSKUc_o.pngCjuIIakl_o.png
Speaking of exchanges, I have Abel pick up 4 Javelins, because they've been seeing a bit of use yet, and most likely will for a while. Everyone else continues the advance.
KPRjpwK8_o.png1mgYb3ky_o.png4jHDdnWZ_o.png5ywfqYR8_o.png
Turn 8 begins. Roshea locks down the fort, guaranteeing no more reinfortsments. Wolf preys as the curate prays. Wrys heals Barst because he's a lot safer to fight the boss with than Caeda.
ZLwzhkuZ_o.png
Cain finishes off the curate, and everyone continues the advance. Turn 9 we confront the boss. Hope you're ready for a drawn out battle.
Zb44KHdh_o.png1sE4pKeg_o.pngeUIK0dSE_o.png
Merach swears we won't take the castle as long as he stands. Which is fine, he's not a certain powerhouse from Tear Ring Saga after all. Barst starts off with a chip, and Wendell doubles, but Merach sneakily prevents the second lightning bolt from hitting him by using his shield as a lightning rod. Must have insulation in the handle. So goes turn 9.
qzGxLysm_o.png1xMK15LZ_o.png
Turn ten I have Merric start chipping Merach down and Barst positioned with the hammer to do enemy phase effective damage, but...
yJ1F4Xfr_o.pngW3hK5xCU_o.pngmhnHrtcX_o.pngLNZFJgtU_o.png
I remember I can just have Wendell double him with Thunder and end it there. Oh dear. Four rounds of combat over two turns? That's the fastest battle we've had with a boss yet. Never mind the last guy could have been one-shot with Bradamante. Also the silver lance remains in perfect condition this way.
yDr1OrtX_o.png
Marth must be feeling anti-social after dealing with a man who thought dragons and parrots were the same because they both have wings, and skips the opportunity to speak with Wendell (the hero of the hour) and Hardin (Hardin't do anything all map) in favour of seizing.
xXCBhoN2_o.pngC5YnQsUY_o.pngt6ufi6FB_o.png
His attempt to avoid conversation fails, as he meets The Man with No Name (King of Aurelis, at your service)and is told that Nyna is on her way to the castle to meet him. Even though apparently the castle is still crawling with enemies. Which leads to the question why he's just able to walk out like this. Guess the invading army paid less attention to him than his parents. How'd he even get the throne when they couldn't be bothered to name him? Did they just leave it to their first born son, and forget they had another kid before Hardin?
1zqYJlK3_o.png
Anyway, that's a wrap to what may have been the easiest chapter (or at least the smoothest) so far. Until King Aurelis makes it into Smash Bros Ultimate, farewell.
Deaths:
My evasion of arenas
My credibility.
Crit Counter:
Barst: 1
Caeda:3
Draug:2
MarcusJagen:1
Marth:1
Ogma:3
Generic enemy:1
Pollux Disappointed Counter: 3

Spoiler
27 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Unfortunately, I realized I had to wait. I needed that forge on the ridersbane more when I looked at the map.

That makes sense, also considering that the Rapier is pretty expensive.

28 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Least they weren't empty. Besides, this is Shadow Dragon... anything that's not empty is good.

Oh right since this is "Shitty units with 5 speed and 30% growth in the middle of the game; the game"

30 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Base 5 actually.

(omg why is he so god-damn bad?!

31 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I don't think anyone does except you. Which is kind of weird. I mean I do use the spoilers for songs... but that's about it.

They're efficient and cool, I already mentioned before how they are so cool.

31 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Wait... now who am I paying royalties to?

To me, and then I'll pay them to him... promise!

32 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

But then it definitely will help keep people from accidentally spoiling themselves mid-scroll...

yeah this. Sometimes it's so confusing when I think I already read sth but it's a reply and I have to scroll further up.

34 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I'm honestly not surprised. I mean, Hardin's not even paying attention to the war going on behind him. How haven't they lost yet?

Bruh, lol

36 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Or pay ATTENTION to it. Seriously Hardin, is this pretending they aren't there if you can't see them?

Ok now the joke got stale, obviously it's just the screen showing two different scenarios at once, one of a battle and the other is him, the general looking worried at the state of the war, wether he's looking at the battle from afar or this is some midnight weary planning , the game doesn't show but I'll bet it's the latter.

45 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Ll9XMjys_o.png
while Wrys heals Ogma for an empty level. The Shadow Dragon experience everyone.

Of course.

46 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

WUo1VQbj_o.png
Speaking of decisions not worth it.... haha. Look at that. Barst just dodged that one like it was nothing. Nice work Bar-
TUQMSoly_o.png
Barstard! He missed a  95%? With two RNGs? DAMN IT.

Damn, that sucks big time. My condolences, I bless you with my luck for your level-ups in the next part.

48 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

nZs9nTOD_o.png1rvHVd0H_o.png72n2A9zJ_o.png
Barst must be trying to make up for my disappointment over that miss. Because he not only does the job this time... but he crits. Completely superfluous with the damage Draug inflicted at the start of the turn, and too late for my plans regarding the archer to go ahead. But the level's not that bad, considering he needs the axeurracy and speed and HP are always good.

Beautiful, I like good endings. "Axeurracy" lol

51 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Wolf himself is gonna go for the cleric for the exp... as I plan to have one over-powered wall.

But Sedgar is the one that should function as a general, and Wolf should be a hero. Atleast that's how they should be endgame, I suppose both of them getting defense early on is good. BTW, are you planning on using them?

59 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

2NUMsYFb_o.png
And she goes and procs strength. I mean, the skill and speed were expected. But the strength? Now she's stronger than Marth.

Woo! Awesome! Unnecessary I guess but awesome!

Spoiler

2 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

What is a "Vyland?"

If you ironman this game, I demand that you grind getting replacement characters until you get an Unil so it becomes not only a Pseudo-Saint Reubenio LP, but also a Mangs one!

...Just don't kill off literally your whole army except for one replacement unit for endgame.

I believe it was added at the end of 2016 which may be why you missed it. I forget... when did the Switch come out and everyone start focusing on it?

Well, I bought Sacred Stones, my first FE game, around november 3rd, 2019, then it broke, delaying the run through that game until midway through december, I then blazed through FE7, 10 and 6. I don't recall seeing FE11, but I'll have to check again.

I honestly don't know how much space I'm going to have on my team (remembering deployment slots). I mean.. the plan is to drop characters who've fell off significantly (inevitably Jagen and likely Ogma later on as other options come available) We'll see.

You know you mEst up if you have enough deployment slots for Est.

inevitably Jagen

But it's a pseudo-Rubenio LP, so he has to defeat Medeus!

Draug

I just realized that Draug is Guard backwards.

Wait...If he's Doga in the original translation, that makes him A god!

xsVqpEs3_o.png

I command thee to use Wolf and make him a general.

Ll9XMjys_o.png

Dat's my boy Wrys! I accidently stretched the photo.

Now only Gordin and Marth are on that 5 strength

Five strength? On Gordin? That can only mean one thing...

Spoiler

ODhNnTs1_o.png

Spoiler

dVn3B2O.jpg

2NUMsYFb_o.png

No wonder Roger was smitten by Caeda. She's more buff than Marth!

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, Benice said:

I just realized that Draug is Guard backwards.

Wait...If he's Doga in the original translation, that makes him A god!

Yes. Doga is A god, but also notice how Dog is God backwards, that means dogs are God's creatures.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Dat's my boy Wrys! I accidently stretched the photo.

Literally how?

Or pay ATTENTION to it. Seriously Hardin, is this pretending they aren't there if you can't see them? And how does one live up to the name coyote? By literally killing two people in recorded history, one of which is a 19 year old folk singer and the other of which is a literal three year old girl? Because that's a pretty uninspiring name. More so when you listen to the stories my friend from Arizona told me about coyotes. From what he said, they're more timid than intimidating. Which might explain why he's... you know, not even looking at the war.

He could also be thinking that cool people don't look at battlefields, since he has heard that all the cool people don't look at explosions, either.

A forge on the Ridersbane, so Jagen can do some important stuff with it, and a name to reflect it's new power.

If you had named it the Gáe Bolg, enemies could never recover from wounds inflicted by it. And it is confirmed to be capable of destroying sports cars, too (anime is weird).
Though its wielder would then also try to kill people by shoving the lance up their...
yeah, on second thought, I think your name is better...

Here we see my choices for who will fill those 10 slots... because this map needed to cut my choices back so we could have the Wolf Guard scrubs take up valuable forced deployment slots. So I'm leaving Matthis and Ukyo because I want the better hit rates on Cain and Abel... Castor because Draug's only drawback in comparison is he can't yet use the steel bow... and he's not really gonna need it this chapter. Wrys because Lena's warp is unnecessary and I want to build Wrys' staff rank in case I ever need a second warp user. Merric to recruit Wendell. Ogma because he can't be doubled by the pegasus knight and can double the archers, Barst post reclass to fighter because he now can't be doubled by a pegasus knight and can hit pretty hard, especially on the knights. Caeda to one-shot a cavalier or to, Draco-knight Jagen with Gae Buidhe to deal with a threat to the Wolf-guard. Marth... because he's mandatory.

Poor Marth.
Seems like a sound strategy to me.

Like so. Jagen's going to set up next turn to deal with the approaching cavaliers.. while Wolf sets up to lure the archers away from him... and do some minor chip damage to the one that attacks him. Vyland sets up for a trade with Sedgar next turn so... I'll explain then. Hardin and Roshea just set up because.

I find it hilarious how Wolf and Sedgar will get utterly slaughtered with little to no opportunity to do anything about it in this map, but they can also potentially become two of the best units in this game.

GMfDx9wo_o.png3FU1s8UM_o.png
Jagen, as planned, survives by one HP and now the Pegasus Knight is ready to have her wings clipped. Hope it was worth it.

That 1% crit scared me.

But that luck's worthless because I don't plan on having a guy with four defence even try and take a hit.

'Doga will choke this point'
Not anymore!

Ah, yes, the good old crit that only happens when the enemy would have died regardless. My favorite!
But I guess it's better than missing the 95% hit again. And he got a good level out of it, too.

axeurracy

Only one thing left to do...

ufu8Zbwf_o.png
Give it a minute. He might surprise you.

This made me burst out laughing.

Now she's just showing off. A dodge and crit? Really? You already oneshot the guy, and doubled him. But you had to rub salt into the wound, and just delete any record of him ever existing from history. He's so destroyed that his descendants will be cursed to be forgotten and ignored.

Methinks this is why Kellam happened.

And she goes and procs strength. I mean, the skill and speed were expected. But the strength? Now she's stronger than Marth. I mean as in she has a higher strength stat. She was already a better unit. Now only Gordin and Marth are on that 5 strength.

Shiida is now able to beat them both at arm wrestling.
Congrats on getting another Strength level on her! Saves some gold for future forges, since you don't need to forge as much might anymore.

This level on the other hand, is rather crap. I am however, impressed at the fact he's now one point of luck off matching my last Ogma... who used a Goddess Icon... and went to endgame. What that says about his luck growth last time I don't know.

According to Serenes Forest, Ogma's default Luck growth is 40%, meaning the RNG decided to utterly screw you in that playthrough.

Wolf worsks torwards the enemy curate

Big Bad Wolf about to eat that sheep.
... Wait, Genny is in this game?!?

Cain finishes off the curate

Cain: "Wolf, you took too long!" *kills curate*
Wolf: "Come on, man! That was my EXP!"

Marth must be feeling anti-social after dealing with a man who thought dragons and parrots were the same because they both have wings, and skips the opportunity to speak with Wendell (the hero of the hour) and Hardin (Hardin't do anything all map) in favour of seizing.

An old man with poor eyesight who is also colorblind, a guy who would be better off prowling a desert or another while riding a camel (why aren't there any camel riders in FE, anyway?)... and that one dude who confused dragons with birds. Also his girlfriend can now beat him at arm wrestling after she vaporized a guy so hard, she cursed his descendants with ultimate perma-stealth.
I think Marth was just done with everything today.

(Hardin't do anything all map)

Har-Har-Har.

Until King Aurelis makes it into Smash Bros Ultimate, farewell.

If you never want to see us again, you could just say so, you know.

Another entertaining part! Looking forward to the next one!

Edited by DragonFlames

4 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

You can't see it because he's wearing armor there.

That is no  excuse (spoiler box if for peoples that don't want to see historically accurate armor bulges)

Spoiler

arrmour-codpiece.jpg

main-qimg-9b31219a2a73f9d6b684de49bdf79c

knight.jpg

1132363.jpg

298c01f6097eb9be50ec21a7474182a9--suit-o

I could keep going, but I think this is enough...

For Shadow Dragon...( who remembers Belf?)

And how does one live up to the name coyote? By literally killing two people in recorded history, one of which is a 19 year old folk singer and the other of which is a literal three year old girl? Because that's a pretty uninspiring name. More so when you listen to the stories my friend from Arizona told me about coyotes. From what he said, they're more timid than intimidating. Which might explain why he's... you know, not even looking at the war.

Coyote is the trickster, a wily foe that always seems one step ahead. Its like calling a foe the fox (like Erwin Rommel, the Desert Fox) but with a more American than European spin to it.

lOVrEeLB_o.png

You are just going to keep forging weapons just obscure enough that I have to look them up aren't you.

Wolf himself is gonna go for the cleric for the exp... as I plan to have one over-powered wall.

I was kinda wondering if you would use the great breakers of this game, Wolf and Sedgar. I admire you restraint for only planning on using one.

4SIfbuzi_o.png

Small_portrait_kellam_fe13.png *achoo* I wonder what I did that makes people always ign-

"I'd always assumed dragons looked something like parrots, but I ain't stupid"~This guy. Seriously, did this conversation inspire Fae's design?

I kinda like how they used this to clear-up how Manakete is pronounced.

His attempt to avoid conversation fails, as he meets The Man with No Name (King of Aurelis, at your service)and is told that Nyna is on her way to the castle to meet him. Even though apparently the castle is still crawling with enemies. Which leads to the question why he's just able to walk out like this. Guess the invading army paid less attention to him than his parents. How'd he even get the throne when they couldn't be bothered to name him? Did they just leave it to their first born son, and forget they had another kid before Hardin?

I must point out that we see Hardin on a throne

1H3FUOOj_o.png

in the opening cutscene to this chapter...