So what sort of unique class would you create for a Lord/Avatar?

Samz707

Basically  say your Ideas for unique classes that would be basically tied to the protagonist of an FE game.

Tactician 

The Tactician is a near non-fighter class, they can attack with swords but the character with this class has poor stats for combat. 

The Tactician's gimmick is being more of a supportive class, they give a small support bonus to any nearby units (increased with actual supports.) nearby.

The skills/abilites for the Tactician would be roughly the following (Names are kinda W.I.P):

• Second-hand learner: Anytime a nearby ally gets EXP, they get a bit of EXP equal to I guess roughly half of what that ally got. (or maybe a third? It'd require a good bit of balancing.), this is to compensate for how, ideally, the Character with this class would have very poor chances in battle, this is the only passive skill. (all the others are selected like the Arts from SOV.)
  • Give out orders: Buffs all the units around them a little more in a support radius however they lose 20-30 percent dodge due to being distracted giving out orders.
  • Battle Advice: Has 1 range but the Unit being buffed gets a decent increase to both Critical hit and dodging attacks but the actual Tactician takes a signifficantly heavy penalty to dodging enemy attacks themselves. 
  • Push to the Limit:  Lets them basically act like a dancer though the unit being given an extra move this way is a bit tired out (so slightly lower chance to hit and such.) so it's still somewhat inferior to the actual dancer class. 

To keep the Tactician as a bit of a non-combatant, while I'm not sure of the exact stats, the Tactician Character would be more likely to gain speed and HP when leveling up but with a poor chance for skill and Strength, so they can't really deal that much damage.

As for Promotions, while I don't know what the names would be, depending on if the game has multiple promotions or not, the promoted form of the Tactician would either become Mounted (to move across the battlefield faster.) and/or gain the ability to use Staves to further aid their troops via healing and other stave abilites.

Edited by Samz707

14 hours ago, Samz707 said:

I really like your idea. But u know the unit use Staff,Tome, and Mounted basically the Valkyrie class ?( or so called Strategist in FE:fate) 

Now i think about it. "the Tactician is a near non-fighter class, they can attack with swords but the character with this class has poor stats for combat. " - I think dancer class fit so well in this case. Tactician dont attack much, just go around and give buff to the others. But he can still fight a little. But u know... it would kinda boring ( it look like our main charater is a support, and some people dont like that )

About avatar class, I think it should be same as  fire emblem hikari  which we can choose our class from the begining. The avatar can reclass to all other classes is  huge advantage. I don't think there is need to be a special class him.

---------------------------

• Second-hand learner: Anytime a nearby ally gets EXP, they get a bit of EXP equal to I guess roughly half of what that ally got. (or maybe a third? It'd require a good bit of balancing.), this is to compensate for how, ideally, the Character with this class would have very poor chances in battle, this is the only passive skill. (all the others are selected like the Arts from SOV.)
  • Give out orders: Buffs all the units around them a little more in a support radius however they lose 20-30 percent dodge due to being distracted giving out orders.
  • Battle Advice: Has 1 range but the Unit being buffed gets a decent increase to both Critical hit and dodging attacks but the actual Tactician takes a signifficantly heavy penalty to dodging enemy attacks themselves. 
  • Push to the Limit:  Lets them basically act like a dancer though the unit being given an extra move this way is a bit tired out (so slightly lower chance to hit and such.) so it's still somewhat inferior to the actual dancer class. 

those skill are great. Nice ideas 🙂 

---------------------------

sorry i didn't answer the question. I think in-direct combat class for avatar would be the best. A mounted unit can use both bow and tome(not dark tome). I almost say "and dance skill" . But i think a mounted unit with dance skill kinda broken....

his/her skills should be about debuff enemies after combat, increase stats of others nearby(just stand near him/her, not rally skill), increase skill activation of nearby, and "I know everything" skill which give the avatar a random skill in skill list. 

Edited by Hong Nhi

A lance/bow/tome (two of the three) cavalry unit that can dismount to wield swords and whose main appeal is a constant, passive rally effect that boosts stats of allies that are within 3 spaces of the unit, as well as some rally skills that can be activated.  They wouldn't have any real special powers such as being able to wield powerful weapons, but their ability to bolster the forces they command more than makes up for the lack of special power.  And perhaps you could fiddle around a bit with the rally ability so that it adds different bonuses, or maybe even adds penalties so that you can add greater bonuses than normal, sort of like a D&D point-buy system.

Whether the unit is actually a good combatant or not would depend on whether it's a game with level design that could easily be solo'd or not.  Also, this would also assume either that the game has a Bonus XP system like PoR or that the unit gets XP just from being near allies as they engage in combat.  And the bonus rally effect doesn't apply to the unit itself, and it's a skill that you can only have as this class, so changing class would remove it.

My idea is somewhat inspired by Mount and Blade, which I've been playing a lot recently.  In that game the most common method of play is the horse-mounted commander armed with a lance and bow/crossbow, and you can be an absolute useless sack of shit that just makes your soldiers do all the work for you.  But also I wanted to do something different that didn't just discourage a player from playing as the protagonist class - to make something to help the protagonist class actually stand out from the rest.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:30 AM, Ertrick36 said:

A lance/bow/tome (two of the three) cavalry unit that can dismount to wield swords and whose main appeal is a constant, passive rally effect that boosts stats of allies that are within 3 spaces of the unit, as well as some rally skills that can be activated.  They wouldn't have any real special powers such as being able to wield powerful weapons, but their ability to bolster the forces they command more than makes up for the lack of special power.  And perhaps you could fiddle around a bit with the rally ability so that it adds different bonuses, or maybe even adds penalties so that you can add greater bonuses than normal, sort of like a D&D point-buy system.

Whether the unit is actually a good combatant or not would depend on whether it's a game with level design that could easily be solo'd or not.  Also, this would also assume either that the game has a Bonus XP system like PoR or that the unit gets XP just from being near allies as they engage in combat.  And the bonus rally effect doesn't apply to the unit itself, and it's a skill that you can only have as this class, so changing class would remove it.

My idea is somewhat inspired by Mount and Blade, which I've been playing a lot recently.  In that game the most common method of play is the horse-mounted commander armed with a lance and bow/crossbow, and you can be an absolute useless sack of shit that just makes your soldiers do all the work for you.  But also I wanted to do something different that didn't just discourage a player from playing as the protagonist class - to make something to help the protagonist class actually stand out from the rest.

It seems like an interesting enough class.

And penaltiies for a bigger bonus is definetly something I can get behind.

Idk if you've ever played Regalia, TC, but your idea is essentially what they did with that MC. The game is closer to FFT than FE, but the MC has abilities pretty similar to what you said. 

Anyway I almost think FE has used every combination of everything they have at this point, outside of a gimmick build o honestly don't know what they could do that's unique at this point. 

On 5/14/2020 at 11:50 AM, Samz707 said:

Basically  say your Ideas for unique classes that would be basically tied to the protagonist of an FE game.

Tactician 

The Tactician is a near non-fighter class, they can attack with swords but the character with this class has poor stats for combat. 

The Tactician's gimmick is being more of a supportive class, they give a small support bonus to any nearby units (increased with actual supports.) nearby.

The skills/abilites for the Tactician would be roughly the following (Names are kinda W.I.P):

• Battle Advice: Has 1 range but the Unit being buffed gets a decent increase to both Critical hit and dodging attacks but the actual Tactician takes a signifficantly heavy penalty to dodging enemy attacks themselves. 

To keep the Tactician as a bit of a non-combatant, while I'm not sure of the exact stats, the Tactician Character would be more likely to gain speed and HP when leveling up but with a poor chance for skill and Strength, so they can't really deal that much damage.

As for Promotions, while I don't know what the names would be, depending on if the game has multiple promotions or not, the promoted form of the Tactician would either become Mounted (to move across the battlefield faster.) and/or gain the ability to use Staves to further aid their troops via healing and other stave abilites.

You know what, if an FE6 remake comes out, Roy's class should be as this, although I wouldn't also mind a slight buff in stats, and a redesign of his level caps in exchange for his late promotion. The above abilities in particular would make Roy an actual tactician Lord that he was always meant to be instead of being an unintentional case of dead weight.

Here's some I made for Lynde/Gerwald, the main pair of lords from my Oracle of Veles Project. They don't have any skills or growth rates, mostly because I'm focusing on the story before the mechanics. (I also incorporated early firearms in the story, to acoid confusing anyone.)

Swordfighter: Similar to the mercenary, the swordfighter utilizes one handed swords and shields in tandem and can also use handguns. They very in appearance, but wear semi complete sets of plate armor. They promote into the Royal Lord class.

Royal Lord: A promoted version of the Swordfighter, they make use of one-handed swords, two handed swords, handguns and muskets. They wear nearly complete sets of plate.

Marksman: Similar to the standard Archer class, the Marksman makes best use of one-handed swords, bows and crossbows. They are commonly near fully armored, with only areas that would constrain movement being lessened. They promote to the Royal Marksman class.

Royal Markman: A promoted version of Marksman, the Royal Marksman utilizes one handed swords, bows, crossbows, and muskets. They appear to be wearing more extravagant armor than the Marksman

* Dagger user lord. It can have a secondary weapon, hopefully white or dark magic. The concept fits if the lord is a commoner. 

* Pegasus rider lord with lances. For sure a female lord. 

* Shapeshifter lord that can use a weapon when not transformed. Unlike Corrin, the beast form is the focus of the class. He/she becames really strong when shapeshifting but is an average unit when not. Can work in a game set on Tellius, if they ever return to that continent. 

I thought I already answered a similar topic so not sure if I am repeating myself. But those are the classes that I'd like to see in a lord. 

Edited by Mylady

16 hours ago, Jotari said:

Armored Flier. Take that map designers!

Armorslayers and bows now make up 30% of enemy weapon types. You also loose 1 movement.

16 hours ago, eclipse said:

A proper mage with an axe to grind.  Not sure what I'd call it, though.

Mage Fighter.

I want a lord who defeats the evil dragon with punching.

I want a lord who defeats the evil dragon with the power of interpretive dance.

I want a lord with a statistical build like Micaiah, but they get a brave tome in the middle of the game so their doubling issues are compensated for. If the game has a bunch of armors and cavaliers than Thani alone would be enough.

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Mage Fighter.

Don't they normally wield swords?  I was hoping for a unit who makes up for their lower-than-normal strength with a weapon that hits hard.

A glass canon mage. With very low Hp,Spd,Def,Res growrate and stats ( ~15-20% growth )

With very high Str,Mag,Skl,Luk ( high strength growth here to use "Ignis skill")

4 hours ago, Hong Nhi said:

A glass canon mage. With very low Hp,Spd,Def,Res growrate and stats ( ~15-20% growth )

With very high Str,Mag,Skl,Luk ( high strength growth here to use "Ignis skill")

Can we also add +15-30% crit bonus and make it a magic version of Swordmaster/Berserker? 😁 Or would that be overkill? 😂

1 hour ago, henrymidfields said:

Can we also add +15-30% crit bonus and make it a magic version of Swordmaster/Berserker? 😁 Or would that be overkill? 😂

yes. . And a tome with critical like Killing Edge, v...v.... 

The max overkill damage in 1 shot satisfy me ...

Edited by Hong Nhi

On 5/16/2020 at 7:38 PM, eclipse said:

Don't they normally wield swords?  I was hoping for a unit who makes up for their lower-than-normal strength with a weapon that hits hard.

It's a pun. Mage + Fighter = Mage Fighter.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It's a pun. Mage + Fighter = Mage Fighter.

That would be MAGE BERSERKER then.  But alas, the hit rate would be really questionable.

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Nah, the axes are gained after promoting.  Until then, it's merely Iago.  😛

Start as Iago, finish as Hans. I see nothing wrong with a character arc like that.

Vagabond

Gauntlets, Dark Magic, Lances

Skills -

Sacrifice

Wrath

Pulse (half of unit's missing health dealt to enemy after each hit, targeting res).

Combat arts - 

Spirit Blast - No specific weapon required. Fire ranged attack from equipped weapon. Strikes twice for gauntlets or brave weapons. Deals additional damage based on missing health, targeting res.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

On 5/17/2020 at 9:55 PM, henrymidfields said:

She would deal more damage than berserker , but can't double and be double alot by enemies cause her low Spd

I think I'd like to see an Axe lord, maybe I'd like to have an FE game where we control a group of pirates who get thrown into a bigger situation. We could have Advance Wars style Naval combat where we can board ships and play a quick FE map

I'd like them to start off using Axes and promote into a class that can use swords, have access to rally skills, and an intimidate skill where attacking enemies loose hit and avoid when they attack your guys after the rally skill was used

A high speed and skill unit that can use daggers, bows, and gauntlets. 

Can't think of a name for it, but it would be like a more versatile ninja, just not Hoshido style.