Hello~

Tempi

Hello! New member in this community and played FE games for a while
Started from Awakening to FETH. Marvelous time to be alive~

Im now trying to play the older games like Geneology and 776 one.
Are these good ones? No idea since a long time to play FE/

Nice to meet you all~

Hi ! i'm playing FE:Awakening now. It is a bit difficult for me.

I recommend :  1. Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem (find an EN rom) it is a pretty hard game in higher difficult mode. 

2. This https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/81571-fe8-self-randomizing-rom-v13/

It is really fun .=)) . I play it many times, still want to play again 

Hope u find it fun in this forum 

Edited by Hong Nhi

Welcome to the forest!

I, myself, am very fond of the GBA-era games, (FE6-8) particularly Sacred Stones and Binding Blade; a lot of people really like blazing blade too.

I PERSONALLY did not like FE4 because the maps are ridiculously long, but some people love it. It may be worth checking out to see if it's your cup of tea.

You also may want to consider playing TearRing Saga or Berwick Saga; they're a little tricky to emulate, but very good, at least in my opinion! (Do note that TearRing Saga is basically an FE game while Berwick is quite different; you may want a guide so you don't miss stuff; Czene's promotion is easy to miss.)

Erm, enough about me. We hope you'll enjoy your stay and enjoy whichever game you play next!

21 minutes ago, Hong Nhi said:

TearRing Saga or Berwick Saga ? Do those game still continue ?

You'd have to emulate them and get the translation patch downloaded onto them (If you want to play in english.)

Emulating PS1 or 2 can be a bit of an ordeal so you may want a guide for it. You'll also have to find a Berwick or TearRing saga ROM, (don't ask me where to find one 'cause that is against the rules) and possibly something to apply a patch; Aethin himself explains it in better detail in the links below:

Hello Tempi! Welcome to the Forest! 

I personnaly do the same ,Awakening to Three Houses, but don't make every of the Fates pathes and I skipped Tokyo mirage because I don't really like the style of that video game, but may I try it, just because it's a FE. I'm planning actually to make the ancient FEs, but I every time tell me I do it later, and never play them finnally >.<

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here! : D 

Edited by FireFenrir

Welcome to the Forest, Tempi!

Genealogy and Thracia 776 are good. But I wouldn't recommend you to go for it right away. I'd recommend you the GBA era (Blazing Blade, Sword of Seal and Sacred Stones).

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Y'all need Vestaria Saga in your lives.

Ahem. . .welcome~!  Don't forget to read the rules and all~!

(end generic greeting)

Welcome to the Forest! Great to have you!

If you're looking to start with some older entries in the series, I would recommend Path of Radiance (emulate it unless you want to spend a lot) and Blazing Blade. They're both great games with enjoyable stories and fun gameplay (even if PoR is slow). Genealogy is probably a good next step as it's somewhat similar to Awakening with the pairing system and fairly accessible gameplay (for an older title). I'm no Thracia expert, but from what I understand, the RNG consistently works against the player, making it very frustrating and definitely not be a great way to get adjusted to the older style of FE.