Tokyo Mirage Sessions Remastered Music Coming June 27th

https://serenesforest.net/2020/05/14/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-remastered-theme-songs-published-june-27th/#more-60287

So today I popped in to find this gem of a news article on the website's main page. 7 songs re-recorded in long, short, and instrumental versions.

I am a bit sad we are not getting one of Yashiro's songs, but besides that I am unreasonably excited for the instrumental versions to come out so I can try making some English covers. Anyone else with feelings or thoughts on this release?

As far as compensation for a cancellation goes, this isn't half bad. It's not the kind of music I'd usually listen for leisure, but it's free Fire Emblem music so what's the harm in giving it a download?

I see five songs that I'm meh on, Reincarnation, and The Labyrinth.  If anyone heard a high-pitched shriek about half an hour ago, that was me, and I'm not sorry.

Though given the character list, I get the sense that the voices of the guys had other things to do or something.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

I see five songs that I'm meh on, Reincarnation, and The Labyrinth.  If anyone heard a high-pitched shriek about half an hour ago, that was me, and I'm not sorry.

Though given the character list, I get the sense that the voices of the guys had other things to do or something.

I would be willing to bet that they cherry picked the female songs because they wanted to go all in on the waifu crowd. I hate to be the cynic here, but it's not hard to arrive at such conclusions when you see the trend everywhere in Japanese video games and anime. As far as marketing is concerned, the phrase "sexy sells" continues to stay relevant.

Though I'm right with you on The Labyrinth's inclusion, easily my favorite vocal performance in the game.

2 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I would be willing to bet that they cherry picked the female songs because they wanted to go all in on the waifu crowd. I hate to be the cynic here, but it's not hard to arrive at such conclusions when you see the trend everywhere in Japanese video games and anime. As far as marketing is concerned, the phrase "sexy sells" continues to stay relevant.

Though I'm right with you on The Labyrinth's inclusion, easily my favorite vocal performance in the game.

Itsuki/Touma/Yashiro focus on other aspects of the entertainment industry, while Kiria/Tsubasa are the most heavily associated with singing.  I wouldn't mind having another performance of Black Rain, though.

I'm surprisingly satisfied with the tracklist considering Under the Moon, This World Isn't An Illusion and Smile for Me aren't included. Raindrop Memories and The Labyrinth are great choices IMO, and I'm pretty happy with Give Me and Dream Catcher too.

It is a shame that none of the male songs are represented, but ah well. This is still exciting.

On 5/16/2020 at 11:17 AM, PeaceRibbon said:

That's three excited for The Labyrinth. I see you all are also people of culture. ;]

kiria kurono | Tumblr

🎵Accept me please, someone, for who I really am🎵
🎵Maybe that's the only thing I wanted all along🎵
🎵And now, finally I can begin to realize🎵
🎵Because I just want to share that smile I see in their eyes🎵
🎵Nothing else.🎵

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Does anyone have a link to the released covers? I've been searching around and haven't been able to find them.

https://avex.jp/sharpfe_en/ 

I think this is it? Scroll down to the bottom and gives links to the sites you can use to download specific songs. I found this by clicking on the link in the article, then following the link in that article, so I hope I didn't do anything wrong.

12 hours ago, Anathaco said:

https://avex.jp/sharpfe_en/ 

I think this is it? Scroll down to the bottom and gives links to the sites you can use to download specific songs. I found this by clicking on the link in the article, then following the link in that article, so I hope I didn't do anything wrong.

Looks like it works fine, thanks.