Come up with a video game that’ll sell horribly

I think the title speaks for itself. Come up with a game idea so stupid that it’ll sell like complete trash. Here’s my idea:

World War Z: Undead Olympics

Play as millions of zombies at once, where you do dashing and hurdles. And nothing else.

(Well, except for the minigame where you infect thousands and destroy entire cities)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

World War Z: Undead Olympics

Play as millions of zombies at once, where you do dashing and hurdles. And nothing else.

(Well, except for the minigame where you infect thousands and destroy entire cities)

My dude, I would buy the shut out of that just by the title.

Anyway, here's my pick:

Super Printer Quest

You play as someone who only work is to print whatever stuff they throw at him. The game is just you doing that until you reach a promotion. After that the game ends.

Superman 64 Remastered

Need I say more?

Metroid Prime: Federation Force 2

Yeah, the fanbase was crazy toxic over the first.

Sonic 06 Remastered

Sonic kissing a human should never have made it past the ideas room of Sonic Team.

Project Diva but all of the songs are from the fucked up side of Vocaloid.

Or as I like to call it, Project Diva: Masa and Kikuo and Friends

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Superman 64 Remastered

Need I say more?

If they tightened up the controls, removed all the game-breaking bugs and cut most of the ring sections, I'd buy it.

Hm... This is actually challenging; almost any idea approached with enough thought and creativity put into it could be made into a big hit. I mean; wasn't there a bestselling novel series that was made on a bet that the author couldn't make the Ninth Legion and Pokémon into a good story?

I have one idea that might just be too ridiculous though:

Worm Wars: An action game where you play as a worm, travel through underground tunnels, fight other worms, and claim territory. 

Benice: The video game. You make bad puns and kill off top-tier units early on by accident.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Benice: The video game. You make bad puns and kill off top-tier units early on by accident.

I'd play that.

You get to be a forum mod, and have to decide whether you want to deal with asinine insults hurled your way, or having your forum's reputation tank because of some immature brats.

Resident Evil 4, But Ashley Dies In One Hit and Never Stops Screaming "Leon! Help!"

400 Years, but in real time! (But seriously, it's a good game, and free!)

Metal Gear, but the Codecs are mandatory!

Legend of Zelda CDI bundle but without the cutscenes and voice acting! Also, we changed Absolutely NOTHING about the gameplay!

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You get to be a forum mod, and have to decide whether you want to deal with asinine insults hurled your way, or having your forum's reputation tank because of some immature brats.

I'd play this.

Father 2

It's like Mother 2 but you play as Ness's dad, so all you do is talk to Ness on the phone every now and then. Actually I can see this selling to some crazed Mother fans (I'm starting to actually want what I said would be bad)

So how about Sonic 06 but all of the characters are fanmade OCs

That would be nightmareish.

Here's a wacky concept that's sure to gain you exactly zero dollars in revenue, and if not that then negative revenue: A Game That Is Never Advertised

It's like a normal game, except you never post about it on any social networking platform, you never pay TV companies or websites to play ads for the game, and you just don't tell a single soul about its existence.  Only your cat is allowed to know, and even then, you must keep your cards held close to you, for you never know when the cat might decide to get human vocal chords surgically inserted into its throat, learn how to speak English, and foil your plan by telling the neighborhood dogs about the game, who'll then contact the publishers they work for and start fiendishly placing leaked screenshots of your game onto the cover the New York Times Magazine so that even grandma who speaks Idahoan and reads the news from stone tablets knows about it.

This has been my anti-humor post of the day, hope you enjoy.

1 hour ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I'd play that.

Is that a compliment?! I demand that you take it back!

I also forgot to mention the part where all of the units you spare from permadeath want to kill you because their waifu/husbando is low-tier and unimportant. C'mon, Fir! You don't even get a paired ending with Noah! PUT THE WO DAO DOWN!!!

1 hour ago, Ika Musume said:

So how about Sonic 06 but all of the characters are fanmade OCs

That would be nightmareish.

Cold Steel and Kevin kissed and got super pregnant.

Sin and Punishment 3. I'm the only one in the world who wants it dammnit and I want it this year! Because it's now been ten years since the last one and twenty since the one before that. We need to maintain the decade cycle!

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Cold Steel and Kevin kissed and got super pregnant.

"Kevin kissed his cold steel, a sharp contrast to the warm bundle in his belly.  Three more months."

My idea would be one of the greatest spectacle fighters of all time. Its about a with witch bizarre giraffe legs and a beehive haircut who fights angels for a living. It would be consistently wacky and awesome all the way trough and have some great music. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

Teehee.

... I only came here to say Radiant Dawn, yes I am an extremely funny individual thanks for noticing.