Come up with a video game that’ll sell horribly

9 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Worm Wars: An action game where you play as a worm, travel through underground tunnels, fight other worms, and claim territory. 

This actually exists. The Worms series according to Wikipedia has 12 games in it, with the most recent one being Worms W.M.D.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Gannondworf13 said:

This actually exists. The Worms series according to Wikipedia has 12 games in it, with the most recent one being Worms W.M.D.

You have to be kidding me. (checks Wikipedia). …What?!

Well; it is a turn-based tactics game, where you control a team of worms, which does make more sense than what I was suggesting (an action game where you control an individual worm).

53 minutes ago, Gannondworf13 said:

42 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Well; it is a turn-based tactics game, where you control a team of worms, which does make more sense than what I was suggesting (an action game where you control an individual worm).

Wait... I thought you were deliberately referencing it and trying to do a shovel-ware knock-off that people would only buy when they mistake it for the original. Man, coincidences are hilarious.

42 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

You really never heard of Worms? It's not that obscure.

Yep, Worms was kinda of a big deal. I remember even playing a rippoff with Penguins.

Anyway, the game: Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen Remastered

(....I feel like this is such a obscure game that people won't even get the joke)

32 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Wait... I thought you were deliberately referencing it and trying to do a shovel-ware knock-off that people would only buy when they mistake it for the original. Man, coincidences are hilarious.

29 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You really never heard of Worms? It's not that obscure.

I can honestly say that I never heard of it before today. 

Anyway, how about this:

Umbrella Guardian: A game where you quite literally play as an ordinary umbrella and you protect an AI person from the rain as they're walking down the street. You lose points for every drop of war that hits them. Because you're just an umbrella being held by the person, your only gameplay options are rotation and how open the umbrella is. 

…If it turns out that there's a long-running video game series based on this idea that I somehow have never heard of, I'll be laughing mad like Ganondorf near the end of Wind Waker. 

20 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I can honestly say that I never heard of it before today. 

Anyway, how about this:

Umbrella Guardian: A game where you quite literally play as an ordinary umbrella and you protect an AI person from the rain as they're walking down the street. You lose points for every drop of war that hits them. Because you're just an umbrella being held by the person, your only gameplay options are rotation and how open the umbrella is. 

…If it turns out that there's a long-running video game series based on this idea that I somehow have never heard of, I'll be laughing mad like Ganondorf near the end of Wind Waker. 

Isn't that a microgame in Warioware?

21 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Isn't that a microgame in Warioware?

I wouldn't know, but if it is, then that would be the point: on their own, the microgames in Warioware would not be good games; it's the fact that you play through each of the games in quick succession that's the appeal of it. 

11 hours ago, Benice said:

Benice: The video game. You make bad puns and kill off top-tier units early on by accident.

Benice: The Video Game 2. You have to write fan-fiction for your let's plays until someone shows up that likes them

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I wouldn't know, but if it is, then that would be the point: on their own, the microgames in Warioware would not be good games; it's the fact that you play through each of the games in quick succession that's the appeal of it. 

Fair point

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Anyway, what did you think of the umbrella game idea?

I know this quote wasn't for me but the umbrella game idea actually sounded like the kind of quirky indie game I would enjoy. Maybe you follow the life of a man or woman and you see all their love, sorrows, and funny interactions lol. I prefer those kind of games when they're in 16-bit tbh.

Also since Worms was a semi hot topic, it's my brother's absolute favorite game and I've played almost every game. The best one is Ultimate Mayhem. The one on the Switch (WMD) is kinda lacking. If you wanna get into Worms, play the first one and Ultimate Mayhem.

I really dislike Shadow Dragon since you can only access extra maps by killing off your units, so I think I will take the rewarded-for-failure-and-punished-for-success idea and expand on it.

Advance Emblem:
A game where you have to win to keep going through the game, but if you win too well, the game becomes unplayable. All the enemies will have their stats adjusted so they will be twice as strong as the average strength of your party, so you only want to ideally train just a few units instead of many units. The amount of enemies is based on the number of people in your party squared, to simulate that if your group gets too big, the bad guys will notice your group more and throw more men at you. If you kill too many enemies, then your potential number of recruitable allies shrinks to simulate that you killed family members of whom other people love and care about. There is also an upkeep cost for your allies, so if you have too many allies, your group will run out of money faster, and if you run out of money, you and your allies will starve and have reduced stats. If you have too much money in your convoy, the game does not give you anymore drops or loot and shops have reduced inventory for the next several maps to simulate a recession cause people are not spending. If you complete a map too quickly, your character has their stats reduced for the next level because they exhausted themselves from sprinting through a map too quickly.

Edited by XRay

An FE game that caters as hard as possible to the portion of the fandom that plays the franchise for its difficulty so much to the point of where it makes Thracia feel like a Kirby game.  On top of that it has drab black and gray aesthetics without a hint of anime influence, has no female characters who could be waifu potential, has the most cryptic story in the history of the franchise, 50 chapters of gray/grey morality between all factions to the point of where the main character is only the main character because it's who the player controls, has no support conversations, has no bugs or technical difficulties, has only one DLC pack to include Archanea characters without Awakening characters, and only contains one ending where the player can't do anything to upend the final boss's victory.

1 hour ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

50 chapters of gray/grey morality

When I first read that part, I read it as "50 shades of grey morality."

2 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

An FE game that caters as hard as possible to the portion of the fandom that plays the franchise for its difficulty so much to the point of where it makes Thracia feel like a Kirby game.  On top of that it has drab black and gray aesthetics without a hint of anime influence, has no female characters who could be waifu potential, has the most cryptic story in the history of the franchise, 50 chapters of gray/grey morality between all factions to the point of where the main character is only the main character because it's who the player controls, has no support conversations, has no bugs or technical difficulties, has only one DLC pack to include Archanea characters without Awakening characters, and only contains one ending where the player can't do anything to upend the final boss's victory.

It's a turn based game, it by definition cannot be hard.

I'd buy it though.

7 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Kirby games aren't that easy surely. Like, I don't rate them as particularly difficult but some of the later levels and final bosses can be challenging in my experience.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Kirby games aren't that easy surely. Like, I don't rate them as particularly difficult but some of the later levels and final bosses can be challenging in my experience.

It was pretty much just the first thing I thought of when I tried to think of an "easy" video game series.  Most in my experience I would say fall under "just right".  Eirher way, this supposed idea is just supposed to be super hard.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

It's key to remember that we're talking about ideas that would sell horribly.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

Our first AO rated FE game!

It'd still have better writing than that.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:54 PM, eclipse said:

SOMEONE HASN'T HEARD OF WORMS?!  OMG!

It's hilarious.  Really.

This is going to haunt me for some time on this forum, isn't it?

Yes; I never heard of Worms (the video game series) until recently. I'm sure everyone that's posted on this thread has never heard of at least one notable game series.