Tired of useless heroes...

MauGib

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

RNG wants to throw a temper tantrum, eh.  Life would be pretty boring if I always got what I wanted.

See I’m generally the other extreme. I prefer the units I like over anything else so never getting any I want in Gacha is a good way to lose my interest. Each person has their own reasons and wants out of game. You can’t cater to everyone but you shouldn’t  just give the cold shoulder to the others

Edited by ciphertul

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

See I’m generally the other extreme. I prefer the units I like over anything else so never getting any I want in Gacha is a good way to lose my interest. Each person has their own reasons and wants out of game. You can’t cater to everyone but you shouldn’t  just give the cold shoulder to the others

Difference is that you don't make a topic specifically to whine about it.  And even if the gacha decided that it didn't like you, I doubt you'd stoop to complaining about the game itself in this manner.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Difference is that you don't make a topic specifically to whine about it.  And even if the gacha decided that it didn't like you, I doubt you'd stoop to complaining about the game itself in this manner.

I appreciate the fact you see me in a good light but I piss and moan about gacha all the time but... it’s to one of my buddies IRL

So, you want people to say "uh, sorry for RNG doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing?"

I don't get why people throw more than a fit because they didn't get the unit they want. It's gacha. If you think the system is rigged, tough. And I certainly don't see the point of creating a thread out of it.

Just now, ciphertul said:

I appreciate the fact you see me in a good light but I piss and moan about gacha all the time but... it’s to one of my buddies IRL

If I ever meet your buddy, the first beer's on me.  😛

I also remind myself that if the server shuts down, then all my "purchases" are gone.  At best, I'm paying for a service.

If I ever meet your buddy, the first beer's on me.  😛

I also remind myself that if the server shuts down, then all my "purchases" are gone.  At best, I'm paying for a service.

Don’t worry he does the same back.

I don’t mind paying for stuff on gachas but I need a guarantee to do it  

13 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Oh please this is nothing. I play FGO. Now that’s a brutal gatcha. You could have 500 orbs and your chances at getting a 5* are still not good.

Yea, I haven’t gotten a new unit since the start of this year.

18 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Oh please this is nothing. I play FGO. Now that’s a brutal gatcha. You could have 500 orbs and your chances at getting a 5* are still not good.

I have a limit to my patience.   Even if the Savior of France is funny.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Let's pretend that you said. . .well, something, and I wasn't happy about it.  It's okay if I'm unhappy about it.  It's not okay if I told everyone that you know that you're a terrible person.

Thus, the issue isn't the disappointment, it's how it's handled.  And in this case. . .this is the wrong way to deal with it.

ok

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Let's pretend that you said. . .well, something, and I wasn't happy about it.  It's okay if I'm unhappy about it.  It's not okay if I told everyone that you know that you're a terrible person.

Thus, the issue isn't the disappointment, it's how it's handled.  And in this case. . .this is the wrong way to deal with it.

That's true, but that goes both ways, too.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

That's true, but that goes both ways, too.

I don't enable people being shitty over a video game.  Ever.

I don't enable people being shitty over a video game.  Ever.

I wouldnt either. But I dont think that making fun should be "acceptable", is all I'm saying. Shouldnt we be better than that?

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I wouldnt either. But I dont think that making fun should be "acceptable", is all I'm saying. Shouldnt we be better than that?

That was the tactful version.  This particular truth is not something that everyone wants to hear.  Had i dropped it as-is, that would've been too harsh.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

It is not the Seal Spd that makes him useful, but it is the fact he has Astra, so the player can pass along Brave Lance and/or Triangle Adept when they fodder Cordelia. I guess the player can pass along Seal Spd too if the player is really into completing all skill lines.

Cordelia
Galeforce > Virion
Triangle Adept > Selena
Brave Lance > Est
Pass

Virion
Astra
Defiant Res
Seal Spd > Est

Est
Brave Lance
Shove
Seal Spd

Selena
Reposition
Triangle Adept
Threaten Spd > Shanna

Shanna
Desperation > Mae
Threaten Spd
Chilling Wind

Mae
Draw Back
Desperation

Yes but I am literally never going to need that much Astra. Literally. Any time I want to inherit Galeforce I'd have dozens of units that can be mid fodder to get to it. The only common units I keep around multiple copies of are the ones with Reposition as that's a skill I will toss on almost every unit I have. But no other skill in the game do I require as much as the copies I obtain. How many Virions, Maes, Shannas etc do you have? Are you really using them as skill inheritance at a rate in which you will literally run out? Because if not, then that surplus could be feathers. Of course maybe you're just much luckier than the average person and you draw way more five star units in need of inheritance than anyone else, but I literally don't have enough five star units to inherit from every three-four star unit I have surplus of if I didn't convert them to feathers.

Edited by Jotari

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yes but I am literally never going to need that much Astra. Literally. Any time I want to inherit Galeforce I'd have dozens of units that can be mid fodder to get to it. The only common units I keep around multiple copies of are the ones with Reposition as that's a skill I will toss on almost every unit I have. But no other skill in the game do I require as much as the copies I obtain. How many Virions, Maes, Shannas etc do you have? Are you really using them as skill inheritance at a rate in which you will literally run out? Because if not, then that surplus could be feathers. Of course maybe you're just much luckier than the average person and you draw way more five star units in need of inheritance than anyone else, but I literally don't have enough five star units to inherit from every three-four star unit I have surplus of if I didn't convert them to feathers.

Gotta balance it out with how much someone pulls.  I'm always short on Draw Back/Desperation/Fury, for one.

Though yeah, a lot of them eventually wind up being feathers.  For example, I haven't figured out how to effectively use any of Est's skills.

Gotta balance it out with how much someone pulls.  I'm always short on Draw Back/Desperation/Fury, for one.

Though yeah, a lot of them eventually wind up being feathers.  For example, I haven't figured out how to effectively use any of Est's skills.

What I do is hoard everyone I get until I specifically need some feathers. Then I convert as many surplus units as I have to get to the required 20,000. And by surplus I mean I always keep around 1 copy of every unit just in case they ever have something I need to inherit, with some few exceptions. This means that whenever I want to promote someone, I basically can at any point, and whenever I want to inherit something, I basically can at any point. This system has worked out pretty well for me. It's been a very long time since I couldn't promote or inherit something that I want when I want.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

What I do is hoard everyone I get until I specifically need some feathers. Then I convert as many surplus units as I have to get to the required 20,000. And by surplus I mean I always keep around 1 copy of every unit just in case they ever have something I need to inherit, with some few exceptions. This means that whenever I want to promote someone, I basically can at any point, and whenever I want to inherit something, I basically can at any point. This system has worked out pretty well for me. It's been a very long time since I couldn't promote or inherit something that I want when I want.

The Combat Manual thing has been a godsend.  I've wound up using feathers to GET fodder, since my Shanna/Subaki stash is all 3*.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Besides Cordelia, Virion is the only unit in the 3*/4* pool with Astra.

I have used Galeforce on Cain, Abel, Caeda, Palla, TSOIA!Palla, Catria, Est, Raven, DM!Ephraim, Ross, Tibarn, Naesala, Panne, Peri, Edelgard, 2 FE!Edelgards, and Dimitri. That is 18 Galeforce fodder used so far, and most of them have also eaten a Virion at some point. I still plan to give Galeforce to Luke (whenever I get him), TSOIA!Minerva, Clair, FF!Fir (when I get her next year), Eliwood, Ephraim, LL!Ephraim, Caineghis, Altina (and second Altina whenever I get another), Lon'qu, Soleil, Velouria (and second Velouria whenever I get another), and FE!Edelgard if I get a third copy that is +Res. That is another 15 Galeforcers that I plan to build. I also want to give Galeforce for some of my Dancers/Singers, but that is pretty far off into the future.

I have 21 Cordelia Manuals and 15 Virion Manuals left. I also still want to take my second Cordelia who is 4*+10 to 5*+10 in the distant future. I also want to take Virion from 4*+9 to 5*+10 in the distant future as well. That means I am still short on Manuals.

I am short on Reposition. I still have well over a dozen Reposition fodder left, but it is spread out over like half a dozen different fodder units, and I want to eventually build some of those units in the future.

I am also running a little low on Shannas, although I guess I can always use Feathers on Mae for Desperation. Same for Sothe (Life and Death) and Hinata (Fury) but I am not as low on them, and I can spend Feathers on others to get more if push comes to shove too.

Edited by XRay

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

Besides Cordelia, Virion is the only unit in the 3*/4* pool with Astra.

I have used Galeforce on Cain, Abel, Caeda, Palla, TSOIA!Palla, Catria, Est, Raven, DM!Ephraim, Ross, Tibarn, Naesala, Panne, Peri, Edelgard, 2 FE!Edelgards, and Dimitri. That is 18 Galeforce fodder used so far, and most of them have also eaten a Virion at some point. I still plan to give Galeforce to Luke (whenever I get him), TSOIA!Minerva, Clair, FF!Fir (when I get her next year), Eliwood, Ephraim, LL!Ephraim, Caineghis, Altina (and second Altina whenever I get another), Lon'qu, Soleil, Velouria (and second Velouria whenever I get another), and FE!Edelgard if I get a third copy that is +Res. That is another 15 Galeforcers that I plan to build. I also want to give Galeforce for some of my Dancers/Singers, but that is pretty far off into the future.

I have 21 Cordelia Manuals and 15 Virion Manuals left. I also still want to take my second Cordelia who is 4*+10 to 5*+10 in the distant future. I also want to take Virion from 4*+9 to 5*+10 in the distant future as well. That means I am still short on Manuals.

I am short on Reposition. I still have well over a dozen Reposition fodder left, but it is spread out over like half a dozen different fodder units, and I want to eventually build some of those units in the future.

I am also running a little low on Shannas, although I guess I can always use Feathers on Mae for Desperation. Same for Sothe (Life and Death) and Hinata (Fury) but I am not as low on them, and I can spend Feathers on others to get more if push comes to shove too.

Well 1, if you really insist on over thirty units with triangle adept, pass, galelforce and a brave lance when a single unit can use that load out, then fair enough, hoard a million Virions.

2, I said there are exceptions to my method, Cordelia I do not convert every one I get because Galeforce is a pretty good skill. So bring up one niche example doesn't really support the mantra that you shouldn't ever convert units to feathers. What do you plan on doing with fifty Gaiuses or Eirikas. The simple truth is that no matter how much you pull, unless you happen to be exceptionally lucky, you're going to have far more 3-4 star units in total than you need. In specific, if you want Astra or Reposition or something, then you'll want more of that specific skill, but in total number of units you will not need to have a 1000 characters with defiant attack unless you're goal is to have every unit in the game learn every skill.

3. Why are you merging four star units? Isn't that just 9 wasted Cordelias who could be galeforce fodder?

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

2, I said there are exceptions to my method, Cordelia I do not convert every one I get because Galeforce is a pretty good skill. So bring up one niche example doesn't really support the mantra that you shouldn't ever convert units to feathers. What do you plan on doing with fifty Gaiuses or Eirikas. The simple truth is that no matter how much you pull, unless you happen to be exceptionally lucky, you're going to have far more 3-4 star units in total than you need. In specific, if you want Astra or Reposition or something, then you'll want more of that specific skill, but in total number of units you will not need to have a 1000 characters with defiant attack unless you're goal is to have every unit in the game learn every skill.

Eirika has Hone Spd, so I keep her around. I give everyone all the basic Hones and Fortifies for flexibility.

Not sure what I will do with all my Gaiuses, but I do often fodder him to my Galeforcers for Pass, although I do not remember the last time I used Pass. I think I have only used it once or twice a long time ago for GHB or some kind of PvE map.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

3. Why are you merging four star units? Isn't that just 9 wasted Cordelias who could be galeforce fodder?

I built them up before Combat Manuals where a thing and I also needed a lot of cheap counter units for Arena Assault back then.

Might wanna compare spending habits first.  For reference, I'm F2P.

I spend about a grand per year I think (except the first year, where I spent way more than I should have). About half to two-thirds of the spending consists of Special Orb Packs and whatever Promos the game offers. I do not always buy regular Orb packs, but when I do, I usually buy 2 or 3 packs at a time, so I think it averages out to about 1 Orb pack per month. Last year I think I spent a lot less than a thousand since I try to avoid spending on regular Orb packs so I can buy myself the Special Editions for Three Houses.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Might wanna compare spending habits first.  For reference, I'm F2P.

That shouldn't make a difference as that'll just effect your pull amount, not your pull rate. My point is that short of incredible luck, you're always going to pull far more fodder material since to get a 5* unit it takes pulling something like two dozen fodder units (that's an estimate, it would of course depend on the banner and how you're pulling, in general it's probably higher) . And the average 5*unit will not need ~two dozen fodder units to back them up, especially considering they only have six inheritable slots and most of them, especially their weapon, will already be tailored for them on acquisition, and the really desirable skills don't come from fodder. In fact my suggested method should work even better for whales who are pulling for merges as a merge 5* is essentially not an extra 5*unit, but still is an extra load of fodder units. To pull ten of the same 5* you'll also simultaneously pull, I reckon, several hundred fodder units, and an average unit will not require several hundred skill inheritances to reach their potential.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Eirika has Hone Spd, so I keep her around. I give everyone all the basic Hones and Fortifies for flexibility.

Okay so you do just want to give every single skill to every single unit. I keep one Hone Speed around (well not one, two, since Matthew also has it, but I digress), and in the event I need it over something better (like Speed Tactic or Hone Movement Type), then I inherit it then and there. By the time I find myself in that unlikley situation again and need to give someone else Hone Speed, I will have pulled another Eirika.

Edited by Jotari

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

That shouldn't make a difference as that'll just effect your pull amount, not your pull rate. My point is that short of incredible luck, you're always going to pull far more fodder material since to get a 5* unit it takes pulling something like two dozen fodder units (that's an estimate, it would of course depend on the banner and how you're pulling, in general it's probably higher) . And the average 5*unit will not need ~two dozen fodder units to back them up, especially considering they only have six inheritable slots and most of them, especially their weapon, will already be tailored for them on acquisition, and the really desirable skills don't come from fodder. In fact my suggested method should work even better for whales who are pulling for merges as a merge 5* is essentially not an extra 5*unit, but still is an extra load of fodder units. To pull ten of the same 5* you'll also simultaneously pull, I reckon, several hundred fodder units, and an average unit will not require several hundred skill inheritances to reach their potential.

In my case, it's feather management.  Every unit, no matter how useless it is for fodder, can be redeemed for some number of feathers.  My goal is a full 5* +10 collection of the common units, which is a prohibitive amount of feathers (never mind SI).  So my choice is either more merges, or getting someone to 5* for a good skill.  I managed to snag the Edelgard that wants Galeforce, and she still doesn't have it due to a lack of feathers.

Generally, the more pull chances you have, the bigger your resource pool is, whether it be skills or feathers.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

Okay so you do just want to give every single skill to every single unit.

Depends on the type of skills. I do not care about inheriting all Weapons, Specials, Assists, Defiants, Breakers, Seal Stats, etc. but I do care about inheriting all relevant Hones and Fortifies for better team synergy. I do not bother inheriting skills that are not relevant, but I do try to maximize the value of fodder I have. I do not go out of my way to give someone Triangle Adept, but if I am passing Galeforce to someone, then I would try to make the most efficient use of Cordelia as possible and pass Triangle Adept 2 before using Cordelia.

If I particularly like a unit, then I give them all the cheap skills from the 3*/4* pool, but that is mostly just reserved for my favorite waifus.