Bound Hero Battle: Grima & Corrin

SatsumaFSoysoy

Apparently the infinite Special thing that Ashnard had wasn't a bug, but a feature. And now FFCorn has it too, because why not. I had my Nagi take 0x2 from FFCorn but the two Dragon Fangs killed Nagi anyway lol. Bad feature tbh.

I was expecting some interesting dialogue from Grima and Corrin, since this is the first BHB where the bosses aren't affiliated in any way. The only other BHB to not have the bosses interact was Dimitri and Edelgard, which I assume was a reference to the first Gronder battle in Three Houses and thus allowed to slide.

Grima and Corrin do not interact. They just say their canned intro lines.

My disappointment is immeasurable. I was going to use non-cheesy units, but decided that this massive cop-out was undeserving of my mercy.

Enter the Silvia Semi-Solo.

Fun fact: Corrin was in full rage mode and still would've been doubled even without Titania's Chill Spd (53 vs Silvia's 59). The only reason Chill Spd was needed was because Silvia was one point off of doubling the Thief.

Edited by Some Jerk

I kinda like the insta special feature... I don't mind it at all.

Anyway, I did 2 videos on this map: One using Merric and another using Awakening and Fates units.

Bound Hero Battle: Robin & Corrin (Infernal - Child of the Wind)

Bound Hero Battle: Robin & Corrin (Infernal - Awakening & Fates Heroes!)

@Maaka @Landmaster @mampfoid @mcsilas @BoaFerox @Zeo @Vicious Sal @SatsumaFSoysoy @Sasori @SuperNova125 @DarkAlf

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Took several turns for Legendary Chrom to dispatch Corrin, but he was able to do just that. Fallen Lyon took care of the cavalry archer, and a charging Grima was made short work of by Fallen Ike.

@Zeo @Diovani Bressan @DarkAlf @mampfoid @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Maaka @Landmaster @Ginko

Team is +Spd/-Res Odin, +Atk/-Res Laslow, +Atk/-Res Selena an +HP/-Def Rhajat

Music is Conquest (Flames) from Fire Emblem Warriors

- So a crossover of Awakening and Fates? Well why don't we take the characters associated with those two world, either from actually crossing the worlds (Awakening Trio) or being a expy-...errr reference to another character (Rhajat).

- Laslow and Odin make a great team with the Link effects of their weapons. Laslow's doubles are a lifesaver when almost being cornered. Selena has the most important assist skill Reposition, but also is a hard counter to the dreaded Grima that they defeated before. Rhajat mostly used her dark magic to apply some poison to Corrin's stomachache until Odin can finish the job.

@Diovani Bressan Nice videos, haven't seen Xander and Male Robin action in a while (take that colourless Corrin). Also supersonic Merric sure is a speedy little monster.

@Some Jerk Wow! Amazing galeforcing Silvia!! That was an excellent use of tactics too, such an incredible clear!

@Diovani Bressan Ew Merric. The Awakening + Fates clear was really neat! Glad to see OG M!Robin getting some use. Xander did great as well, nice clears!

@mcsilas Wow nice use of Laslow's refine! Nice to see the trio being used in a clear! Great job!

Had some fun with quadding Bartres this clear. Decided to use Peri as well since she was the easiest cavalry I could use to galeforce the dagger unit and healer.

@Some Jerk Very impressive Silvia clear! Surprising how powerful she becomes with that extra damage from Flashing Blade 4, looks like a really fun set on her!

@Diovani Bressan Cool clears, Merric with the Sweep skills seems really powerful. Robin couldn't fell Grima here, but at least he took down Corrin!

@mcsilas Very nice! A fitting theme for this BHB. Seeing Laslow's refine work out perfectly with both supporting and triggering his own effects is so cool. The thumbnail for the video looks really good too!

@Maaka Nice one turn as always! Brash Assault and Desperation you don't see every day, but if you first tank Ignis with one HP why not make use of it, eh?

Itsuki soloed this map without help. A BHB with two dragon units sounded like something he should be able to handle, and indeed he did!

@Some Jerk Great video! Silvia showing that she can do way more than just dance or being used in Infantry Pulse teams for AR. That 35 x 2 against Corrin also awesome!

@GuiltyLove Nice video! Your team did a great job, working together! Initially I though you would use Marth to deal with both bosses, but Celica had fun in dealing with Corrin.

@mcsilas Awakening and Fates heroes dealing with Awakening and Fates bosses... great job! This video also reminded me that I still need to build a Laslow for AA, since he is a great support unit and also a really strong one too!

@Maaka Bartre surviving Grima's Ignis was pretty awesome! The Bartre duo works very well together! Nice job! But don't you dare to "ew" Smol Merric ever again!

@BoaFerox Incredible! Itsuki dealt with this map alone, while the girls were in the backline cheerleading the Falchion boy and his mirage. I hope to see more maps that Itsuki can true solo again!

Seeing Fallen Corrin always brings a frown on my face. Whenever she's in in TT or in other game modes' someone in my team is going down to that big ball of stats. So I decided to make things easy on myself with the best dragon slayer.

I completely forgot that at one point I was trying to go for a tanky Tana build. Perhaps I should get back to that one day. For now she did a good job helping out Marth and my +10 projects.

@Diovani Bressan: Thats one though baby Merric. I doubt his older self could have solo'd the map as easily as he did. Also first time seeing Xander in a while. He did a good job too.

@Maaka: Even with Brash assault, its still amusing to see Bartre of all people quadding Fallen Corrin.

@Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @DLNarshen

Edited by Sasori

I first wanted grab the orbs so I sweeped everything with Sothis, Legendary Eliwood, Peony and Celica in the back. Afterwards, I came bact to clear the map with Flame Emperor, Fallen Julia, Edelgard and Iddun (for her Duo skill). 

@Diovani Bressan Nice clears, I really liked the use of Silque for buffs instead of Vision of Aracdia. I mostly use dragons to get the buff from the C slot

Legendary Celica just nuked Corrin before the latter could start machine gunning Dragon Fangs. Past that, this was just another easy L!Celica and L!Leif romp.

Player Phase > Enemy Phase forever

So what's the connection between Robin and Corrin other than the fact that they are both avatar characters who have gotten Fallen alts? Honestly, if they wanted a Bound Hero Battle with fallen characters they could have at least used characters who were from the same game such as Tiki and Hardin or maybe Celica and Berkut (speaking of which when is Beloved Zofia getting a refine?).

Anyways, I used some of my favorite female characters who have become corrupted themselves to clear this one.

Music is The Great Shadow Approaching from Trails of Cold Steel 2.

Edited by NSSKG151

I didn't even bother to use my usual L!Ike+Julia+B!Lucina+L!Lucina quartet this time. I jumped straight into this battle with my Arena defense team of Julia, Lucina, and the Morgans because the presence of three dragons made that decision all too easy. Julia ended up wiping out everyone except the cleric, whom Lucina finished off. So much for the power of dark dragons. Naga's chosen strikes yet again.

For laughs I also decided to do a Julia+L!Julia+Fallen!Julia+Deirdre run. Fallen!Julia decided that dragon-effectiveness was for goody-goody losers and one-rounded Femui anyway with Dark Scripture. All the Speed in the world won't save you from Loptous's might.

@mcsilas That was a really neat use of Laslows refine! I still find myself a little baffled to see a fully buffed Odin deal just high dmg instead of going overkill tier, but as long as he gets the kill all's well I guess. Fallen F!Corrin refusing to go down must've been a pain. 

- - - -

So IS is trying to discourage tanking strats by using 0 CD specials, huh?. Welp, too bad because no amount of pre charged specials is enough to stop my godly tank. Pulse Smoke is kinda dead now, so I'll revert back to Atk Smoke from now on

@Diovani Bressan

Merric really tore through everyone, I knew he was fast, but wow. I guess Eliwood helped in that department. Also neat to see M!Robin used, he hardly ever appears anywhere...and neither does Rally Attack. Nice work!

@Maaka

I’m absolutely astonished that Spring Bartre was still able to 4x Corrin after getting hit by Dark Breath. Great job!

~

Two things annoyed me on this map: the Spd stack on Corrin, and the Spendthrift Bow. I almost uploaded a variant using Legendary Leif, but then I realized that with young Caeda not using Galeforce, the Heavy Blade seal was open. A perfect opportunity.

@Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy

Corrin doesn't have DC, which turned her into special charge fodder for Leon.  Once Aether was up, Grima didn't stand a chance.  Olivia had to tank a hit from the staffbot.

The Jaffar clear required a bit more thought.  Had to slap the Brazen Atk/Spd seal on him, and even then it was close.  Opened up by chipping the manakete, used Peony's amazing warping abilities to move next to Jaffar, the had the other two dancers shuffle him into place.  Used the manakete as a bouncing board to chip at everything else, and Corrin to charge up his AoE special.  He had to take a hit from the Dragonslasher guy and counter-kill, which put him in Brazen range.  This gave him just enough oomph to take out Grima with AoE special + one attack.  Peony + Sorcery Blade is an exceedingly cheesy combo.

11 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I also wish the two Fallen units interacted, but that would have been too much to ask for!

What better way to end Grima than with the original wielder of Falchion?

It's weird they have two characters who don't really have much in common apart from being avatar units of different games.

Yes, Marth should rid us of all these dragons.

@Diovani Bressan Fateswakening clear was pretty cool. I like that you had two of each.

@mcsilas Pretty cool theme, and pretty cool units too. Everyone had an important role to fill. Was wondering how you were going to handle Corrin with that team, and I expected Laslow, but Odin + Rhajat chipping her out was a surprise. If Anankos was released, you could've done a Hidden Truths theme team, but alas.

@Maaka I saw it coming, but my mind was still blown a bit when SBartre quadded FFCorn. What a setup.

@BoaFerox Itsuki does it again. He's turning out to be really solid.

@Sasori I feel like the Blue Thief with Dragonslasher was placed there to deter plonking LMarth there among other things, but I guess it didn't matter lol.

@NSSKG151 Ayyy Fallen Celica. Her role was limited, but a boss kill's a boss kill.

@Alexmender Good ol' Eirika back at it again. It's kinda lame to see Pulse Smoke not doing anything here, but oh well.

@LordFrigid I guess this one gave you a bit of trouble huh? Not that Caeda couldn't handle it. "No more fighting!" *110 damage*

@Landmaster @Zeo

Did a theme team clear. The goddesses are out to spank some naughty dragons. Well, I guess I would've used Yune instead of Altina if I had her, but I don't.

Would have liked to use less of Nowi than I did, but too many trees to bother trying to actually make the most of all the Elises~

@Some Jerk - Silvia being an offensive Res tanky deviant is my aesthetic 

@GuiltyLove- Haha, we had the same initial strategy with Nowi on the bush. Corrin my be fast but Celica is a speed demon. Nice clear!

@Diovani Bressan - Baby Merric is great, he probably doesn’t even need the Bonus Doubler but I appreciate the overkill.

The theme team was noice, I like Gen 1 Robin destroying F!F!Corrin and Bignis Xander

@mcsilas - Laslow’s refine is so stupid, I love it. It took a lot of chip damage to get rid of F!F1Corrin but the teamwork to get rid of her was cool~ Smite Link shenanigans are always fun~

@Maaka - You have R Duel on Silvia, I’m jealous now~ We having these 1 HP clutch lives now? This was a really fun one with the Brave weapons~

@BoaFerox - Itsuki with his cheerleading Harem was really entertaining. I didn’t even realize that Thief had Miracle, they always make them the most annoying units on the map. But Itsuki is a good boi so no problem for him~

@Sasori- Chad not having Ignis disappoints me greatly but I can accept Bonfire nukes, too. He and Gordin are a good sniping team.

@Nowi's Husband - A Duo Nowi clear is nice in my book, it is nice that Witchy Nowi can deal with the green threats~

@NSSKG151 - I assumed since they’re both Fallen, Avatars, and Dragons~ But I like the Fallen theme team. Tiki with the nice Ignis damage against the Healer is pretty much what these Hero Battle healers deserve. Also don’t get to see F!Celica very often, nice work!

@Alexmender - Nice to see Eirika back. She’s still as powerful as ever, even against all the annoying units on this map and can still tank them all with ease.

@LordFrigid - Baby Caeda with a Vantage Astra was a perfect finisher

@SatsumaFSoysoy - I like this theme~ Naga’s fitting and grants the Dragon Eff for Altina and Sothis. Nagi is such a good tank, even the Dragonkilling dagger can’t stop her.

Edited by Landmaster

@LordFrigid Nice video! Caeda ranking Grima's Ignis was pretty cool, and that Bow Cavalier didn't have a chance against Young Caeda. The use of Naga was pretty smart as well.

I had to use Rally Attack for this map. At first I was thinking about Hone Atk 3 for Xander, but Fallen Corrin's Sudden Panic would not make it work, and since I was using 3 infantry units Atk Tactic would not affect Robin.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Great! It was almost a Mythic Emblem team. Even that thief being a Blue unit, he hurts Nagi a lot. But in the end, your team destroyed all of them.

Yeah, I wanted the "Fateswakening" team to have the same amount of representation. Initially, I thought about Masked Marth... But Legendary Lucina's extra mobility was pretty useful.

@Landmaster Nohrian Lolis killing foes, feat Nowi, is also nice to watch. Great job!

And yeah, Merric doesn't need Bonus Doubler to kill every last one of them... But it's nice to be overkill. Haha

@Maaka Nice one turn clear! I'm surprised Bartre just barely managed to survive an Ignis from Grima.

@BoaFerox That was a nice solo clear with Itsuki!

@SatsumaFSoysoy I guess Grima and Corrin learned not to incur the wrath of the goddesses. Nice theme team clear!

@Landmaster Looks like Nowi joins in on the fun this time. Nice clear!