Special Heroes Silhouettes!

Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

The one on the left is wearing a massive, novelty propellor hat.

Now I cannot unsee it. It really does look like a propeller hat. I have not been this interested in silhouettes in a long time. I am dying to want to know what that strange object is.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

First thing that came to mind was the character of Sango from Inuyasha, who uses a boomerang-type weapon.

px7fKLU.jpg

A boomerang certainly is a option....even if don't recall seeing one in Fire Emblem at all. The image also seems to be the Damaged art and the user isn't really wielding the boomerang..which could mean 2 things: Either this is a freaking Magic Boomerang (which could make for a pretty funny Colorless Tome) or it's just a little thing for Damaged art.

I'm all in for Magic Boomerang after the thought. This seems awesome.

I can't make heads or tails of this, but if it's Japanese style brides, then surely it has to be Hoshidan characters, right?

That's...pretty disappointing as I do prefer Nohr, but oh well. I wonder if Orochi will show up.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Western suits are worse. Literally the exact same.

...You know, I don't think I could argue with this one. Men's suits out here could use more variety.

5 minutes ago, Lau said:

I can't make heads or tails of this, but if it's Japanese style brides, then surely it has to be Hoshidan characters, right?

That's...pretty disappointing as I do prefer Nohr, but oh well. I wonder if Orochi will show up.

I’m believing a few will be Hoshidans, but others could be “visiting” Hoshido as well. See: Elincia and Micaiah going to Hoshido to dance.

There have been four not!Japanese themed banners so far.

NY1: Camilla, Azura, Takumi, Corrin (TT)

Summer Festival: Elincia, Micaiah, Xander, Ryoma

NY2: Laevateinn, Fjorm, Hrid, Gunnthra, Laegjarn (TT)

NY3: Selkie, Lethe, Anna, Alfonse&Sharena, Eir (TT)

Why are people automatically assuming that this banner will be dominated by fates units when that hasn't been the case for 3/4 of the others?

As for the banner itself, I'm hoping for Hinoka and Elise among the Fates cast. I also wouldn't mind seeing Ryoma.

6 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Why are people automatically assuming that this banner will be dominated by fates units when that hasn't been the case for 3/4 of the others?

Because 3 of those banners were hatsumoude-themed banners, which necessitate Japanese clothing.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Much as I don't want an all-Fates banner, I do think it's bullshit that Heroes has yet to put in any banner, seasonal or otherwise, that's "purely" Hoshido only. Hoshidan New Years and hot springs each had at least one Nohrian on the banner. Hoshidan summer festival had Ryoma as the only actual Hoshidan while the other three were there for "diplomatic reasons".

Even the regular Fates banners tend to lean more towards the side of Conquest. Ophelia, Nina, and Flora are Conquest-only. Silas is technically for both paths, but is a Nohrian by origin. The banner with Bow Hinoka was more of a Vallite banner. Shigure and the two Kanas aren't really Hoshidan, and Kaze wasn't even on the banner. And our most recent Fates banner put Rinkah and Midori with Forrest and Lilith. So, like ... I'm totally fine if we actually get a Fates seasonal banner with no Nohrians and only Hoshidans as long as it didn't reuse the royals.

This is definitely a stretch on my part, but working off the idea that it's Japanese wedding clothes this time around the "propeller hat" silhouette may be both a shaku and kanmuri, both parts of a formal outfit called the sokutai which to quote Wikipedia:

"...is however still worn by male imperial court members, including the Imperial family and government officials such as the Prime Minister on rare occasions, such as weddings and enthronement ceremonies."

For context here's a picture of the former Emperor Akihito when he got married in 1959.

Spoiler

440px-Crown_Prince_Akihito_&_Michiko_Sho

The shaku is the baton-like white thing he's holding that could be one half of the "propeller". The kanmuri is his hat, which comes with a large tail that could be the other half. You can't see the tail very well in the previous picture, so here's one just of a kanmuri. Note the flat sides match up pretty well with the top of the left-side silhouette's head.

Spoiler

X002_04.jpg

However, the "propeller blades" do look somewhat too large and straight-sided for me to feel comfortable with this assumption. If I had to guess though, we're going to see some noble guy and girl dressed up as a royal pair.

I would love it if they do "eastern" theme this year since I have wanted a around the world bridal banner for a while.  When I saw the sword I thought Ayra, but the hair is wrong for her to be here.  I really have no idea here as to who to guess, but I am looking forward to the trailer for the art work.

Don't make me hand out more warnings.

That weird thingy looks like a scroll that's been snapped in half.  I'd be amused if those were non-Hoshidan characters trying out new threads (preferably not from Fates), but I won't hold my breath.

I can't even tell whether that propeller-like thing is attached to the guy's head. Like ... I just haven't the slightest idea what it could be at all. Is it a weapon or is it part of the costume?

The girl looks like she's wearing a hood, so no idea on the hair. I remember getting fooled by summer Tana's towel and thinking she was Gunnthra.

This could honestly be anything. For all we know, both of these are men. I am guessing it's indeed Japanese-themed, which is fantastic, but more than that I have no idea.

nice to see my hopes for bride rhea or bride mercedes being crushed in a second

i'm pretty sure my orbs are safe, i not that fond of these themes

The only duo unit I will accept on a bridal banner (if that's what this is) is "Always Bridemaids: Dorothea and Manuela"

I do hope for some grooms on this banner, especially if it's Japanese wedding attire. I have always found it so beautiful, and I think a bunch of FE guys could rock it. 

I like the Japanese style for this year's bridal banner. However, I generally dislike the bridal theme and the banner itself most of the time is pretty boring. Also I don't see however why fates has to be there just because the banner has a hoshidan theme. 

Hmm this is a tough one. It's a bit early for a Bridal banner, but I don't have much else to go on. The outfits look Hoshidan to me, with the long, wide sleeves and those clover-shaped tied tassels. The one on the left looks like someone's damaged art, and seems to be leaning toward silly (since he looks like he was just hit atop the head with whatever that is above him. Probably a guy since the subject of slapstick like that tends to be male.) The one on the right seems to have a katana or something. Much more poised than the left guy. Could be a guy, could be a girl. Whoever it is has long hair, probably tied back lower on the hair, or in a low, side-ponytail. Left guy is wearing a hat -- probably part of his special outfit. He seems to have long bangs, which are flipped upward in this damaged pose. Right character is giving me Illyana vibes, but I don't think that's her. Left guy is making me think of...uhh Thomas, I think? He's from Archanea -- the green-haired guy I'm thinking of, anyway. Really hard to pinpoint these ones.

Edit: After reading through some comments here, there are some good guesses! Hinata totally makes sense for the guy on the left! Hana also makes sense for the one on the right, though I have to admit that my first thought when I saw right one was actually Izana, even though I don't think that's him. The right one could also be Mikoto with a different hairstyle, I think, or even Mitama. Also, left guy could totally also be Shiro doing his best to be ready to take over the Hoshidan throne someday. I also thought of Janaff for left guy, but there is a distinct lack of wings. ...Unless those aren't sleeves in the background. Could that actually be Janaff?! I do see a little bump in the silhouette between his face and his arm... Could be the top of a wing? I don't know; the wings seem a bit small to actually be wings...unless there's clever overlay going on.

Edited by Mercakete