Special Heroes Silhouettes!

Anacybele

Whatever the heck that boomerang thing is, I think it's just a broken... something. Maybe there's some sort of marrigal instrument in asian weddings that looks like that? But I don't think that's what the actual weapon is supposed to look like.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Whatever the heck that boomerang thing is, I think it's just a broken... something. Maybe there's some sort of marrigal instrument in asian weddings that looks like that? But I don't think that's what the actual weapon is supposed to look like.

Yeah.

The one in the left is definitely the damage art, with that thing broken in the middle. But what that is? No idea... It could be a scroll, like eclipse mentioned.

I find Bridal banners to typically be very unexciting. The theme is pretty boring and female overrepresentation being even more likely then usual doesn't help matters. I originally thought that giving everyone Japanese outfits would be boring due to it overlapping too much with the New Year banner, but considering white tuxedo's and dresses aren't very interesting either this might actually be better. 

I see some people giving Hinata a shot. I'd very much like that. Hinata is so NOT obvious of a choice that his inclusion would feel very fresh, and I always enjoyed his excitable puppy persona. 

53 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The one in the left is definitely the damage art, with that thing broken in the middle. But what that is? No idea... It could be a scroll, like eclipse mentioned.

I'm not sure a scroll is able to snap like that though, simply because of the paper, and it doesn't look torn in any way. I also don't see any way to hold the scroll on the sides, handles if you will, without grabbing onto the paper part.

I will admit to not knowing how scrolls work though.

One theory I have is that, if it really is Hinata, then it could be a dojo signboard... thing... you know what I'm talking about? The thing where you challenge a dojo and claim its sign if you win? Hang on there was a 4koma...

Edited by Xenomata

I expect that the eastern theme is correct, and that there will be a variety of characters from all different games (as it usually is with the bridal banner)

When I saw it at first I thought MAYBE Eir? Fjorm was on last year and also has a new years alt. 

Hinata is also a good guess.

My dreams would come true if we got a Sigurd/Deirdre or Tailtiu. But probably not. 

Every year the bridal banners have such random characters I have no idea who it could be. 

1 hour ago, CustardPudding said:

My dreams would come true if we got a Sigurd/Deirdre or Tailtiu. But probably not. 

I really hope so too, make them a broken duo unit to try and make up for the lack of alts Sigurd and Deirdre have. Also having them with the Hoshidan/Eastern outfits would be way more interesting than the Western ones we have had for 3 years or so. But I doubt this will be the case. 

Random Fire Emblem characters wearing Japanese outfits is interesting. Hoshidan characters wearing Hoshidan outfits is not.

My level of theoretical interest (I have no meaningful orbs to spend) depends on that distinction alone.

My first thought was that that could be a broken koto. The general shape could fit and why wouldn't you play a traditional instrument at a wedding. Which would also mean that that is be a refresher. That'd be cool.

10 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

The thing on the left is clearly Tapu Bulu.

H-hey, we haven't hit crossovers yet, and I don't want to catch them all.  Banned! 😛

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I'm not sure a scroll is able to snap like that though, simply because of the paper, and it doesn't look torn in any way. I also don't see any way to hold the scroll on the sides, handles if you will, without grabbing onto the paper part.

I will admit to not knowing how scrolls work though.

One theory I have is that, if it really is Hinata, then it could be a dojo signboard... thing... you know what I'm talking about? The thing where you challenge a dojo and claim its sign if you win? Hang on there was a 4koma...

This is a world where we stab enemies with spoons and impale them with carrot daggers, and only now you're bringing physics into this?  😛

59 minutes ago, Sweet Summer Tana said:

My first thought was that that could be a broken koto. The general shape could fit and why wouldn't you play a traditional instrument at a wedding. Which would also mean that that is be a refresher. That'd be cool.

Yeah, that's a pretty good guess!  Though said koto could also be used as an axe, if the wielder has no clue how to play it.

I have two desires for the banner:

1. Characters from Jugdral. The meme about them having no seasonal alts needs to die and people often say this theme is one of the few that are good for them. I don't agree because I don't see what's wrong with for example Winter Santa Oifey and Reindeer Fee, but it's the opinion of the majority.

2. Characters missing from Heroes. I'm also among the ones who have no problem with a character being seasonal only, especially if the alternative is nothing. Last year's Bride Banner brought us 4 brand new characters out of 5. And I'd like that trend to continue.

I am planning to skip this banner, so I hope there is nothing that interesting to me... Last year we had Bride Fjorm with her amazing staff, that I needed to summon for two copies of her.

I am kinda tempted to summon for another Bride Fjorm this year, since one of my copies is -HP, but I still need to decide about it... Her banner will end some days after the New Heroes release, so I have the Mythic Banner and teh New Heroes to check before deciding.

If I get a 3rd copy of her, the one with the worst IVs will be foddered for Ground Orders... unless the new copy is also -Hp, then I will merge her.

You know what, I'd love to see bow Hrid here to go with Bride Fjorm. NY Fjorm said both she and Hrid practiced with bows. So bow Hrid when, IS?

Last night I asked my half-Japanese friend if she knew about Japanese weddings and she ended up dumping at least two sources on me. A bit more than I was expecting, but still pretty cool, and I'm convinced that the female-looking silhouette is probably wearing a hood instead of that being her hair. Sumeragi and Mikoto being a duo unit could be cool, but it'd be super weird to get two alts of Mikoto before getting Mikoto proper.

8 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

1. Characters from Jugdral. The meme about them having no seasonal alts needs to die and people often say this theme is one of the few that are good for them.

Specifically for Sigurd/Seliph, the wedding theme is the most appropriate, but for Jugdral in general, the tone of the games doesn’t really match with goofy themes. The only seasonals so far are on the serious side (Ballroom Reinhardt/Ishtar) and while I’d take any theme, continuing with relatively serious themes is the best fit for Jugdral.

7 hours ago, Baldrick said:

but for Jugdral in general, the tone of the games doesn’t really match with goofy themes. The only seasonals so far are on the serious side (Ballroom Reinhardt/Ishtar)

Honestly, I don't agree with this at all. The tone of Tellius also doesn't match goofyness but we got Halloween Rolf and Ilyana. The tone of Archanea doesn't match goofyness but we got the bunny whitewings. The tone of Elibe doesn't match goofyness and we got Summer Lilina and Wolt.

I stand by the fact that there's nothing wrong with getting say Coirpe as a cute bunny, Patty enjoying the beach in a swimsuit or Ares dressed as a vampire for halloween.

15 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Honestly, I don't agree with this at all. The tone of Tellius also doesn't match goofyness but we got Halloween Rolf and Ilyana. The tone of Archanea doesn't match goofyness but we got the bunny whitewings. The tone of Elibe doesn't match goofyness and we got Summer Lilina and Wolt.

I stand by the fact that there's nothing wrong with getting say Coirpe as a cute bunny, Patty enjoying the beach in a swimsuit or Ares dressed as a vampire for halloween.

I'm all for Summer Jugdral if it means getting BBQ Arvis.

18 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

The tone of Tellius ... Elibe doesn't match goofyness

Compared to Jugdral, they do. There is a significant difference in tone.