Is this a good way to use the DLC Sacred Items?

The Sacred Galewind Shoes (Movement +1) seem like they'd be the best choice for Edelgard. Right now she's a force of nature strength-wise and takes very little damage. But her limited movement means she's having a bit of trouble staying close to Byleth on the battlefield. Since I'm planning on going Emperor for her endgame class (Wyvern Lord's just too bland looking lol), would this be a good idea?

Not gonna lie here, I'm seriously considering giving both the Sacred Floral Robe (HP +7) and Sacred Snowmelt Drop (Strength +3) to Bernadetta. She always (and I mean ALWAYS) ends up retreating in the first few turns and she's not doing nearly enough damage that I find it's worth Divine Pulsing to get her back. Petra's a better archer than her, and Ingrid's a better lancer. I really don't wanna give up and bench her because I still like her as a character. But she needs something right now to help her keep up with the others.

And then the Sacred Moonstone (Speed +3) I might give to Petra since she's one of my strongest units right now but still takes quite a bit of damage if she's hit.

Are these good choices for my DLC items?

The Shoes of the Wind (which you get from Ashe and Catherine's paralogue) are Move +1; the Galewind Shoes are Move +2.

Anyway, that sounds good to me.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

The Shoes of the Wind (which you get from Ashe and Catherine's paralogue) are Move +1; the Galewind Shoes are Move +2.

Anyway, that sounds good to me.

Perfect, thanks! :)

6 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

The Sacred Galewind Shoes (Movement +1) seem like they'd be the best choice for Edelgard. Right now she's a force of nature strength-wise and takes very little damage. But her limited movement means she's having a bit of trouble staying close to Byleth on the battlefield. Since I'm planning on going Emperor for her endgame class (Wyvern Lord's just too bland looking lol), would this be a good idea?

Not gonna lie here, I'm seriously considering giving both the Sacred Floral Robe (HP +7) and Sacred Snowmelt Drop (Strength +3) to Bernadetta. She always (and I mean ALWAYS) ends up retreating in the first few turns and she's not doing nearly enough damage that I find it's worth Divine Pulsing to get her back. Petra's a better archer than her, and Ingrid's a better lancer. I really don't wanna give up and bench her because I still like her as a character. But she needs something right now to help her keep up with the others.

And then the Sacred Moonstone (Speed +3) I might give to Petra since she's one of my strongest units right now but still takes quite a bit of damage if she's hit.

I gave Edelgard my Sacred Galewind shoes. It helped her movement, but I was still very much unimpressed with her performance as an Armored Lord / Emperor.

If you want to make Bernadetta good and are struggling, giving her those items is a good pick. Bernadetta is a lot stronger on player phase, so you'll want to keep her out of range on enemy phase.

Ah, a Petra the Hedgehog build. I'm not sure how much 3 points of speed for her will do, as she doubles almost everyone already (outside of Maddening). It can help her avoid I guess, but if her survivability is your concern, might the Robe work better?

Anyway, it's all up to you. I'd say just do it by who you want to use, and how do you want to improve them. Good luck!

Sacred Robe on Bernadetta is very good if you intend to use her passive and vengeful lance build, since she wants to lose as much hp as possible as safely as possible. Also pairs pretty well with Chalice of Blessings, Vantage, and Wrath.

Anyone using Yuri's Ring is an especially good candidate for the boots. It's also great on dancers, or to patch up the weakness of armored units.

16 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I gave Edelgard my Sacred Galewind shoes. It helped her movement, but I was still very much unimpressed with her performance as an Armored Lord / Emperor.

If you want to make Bernadetta good and are struggling, giving her those items is a good pick. Bernadetta is a lot stronger on player phase, so you'll want to keep her out of range on enemy phase.

Ah, a Petra the Hedgehog build. I'm not sure how much 3 points of speed for her will do, as she doubles almost everyone already (outside of Maddening). It can help her avoid I guess, but if her survivability is your concern, might the Robe work better?

Anyway, it's all up to you. I'd say just do it by who you want to use, and how do you want to improve them. Good luck!

Petra's survivability isn't really my concern. Like you said, she's pretty much doubling everything right now. And since I always keep my couples together, Dorothea's there to give her heals if she needs to. I only considered giving Petra the speed boost because I wasn't sure if it would do much good on anyone else in my party (except maybe Felix).

Bernadetta on the other hand needs absolutely anything she can get. The best luck I've had with her so far was when I had Marianne basically babysitting her the whole time and even then she ended up retreating. I'm definitely giving her the HP and strength boosts. She needs them.

As for Edelgard, I hear lots of conflicting opinions on the Emperor class. Basically, I know Wyvern Lord's supposed to be better but that class is just so boring looks-wise I'm willing to settle for second best, which I'm assuming Emperor is based on the fact that she can effortlessly kill

Spoiler

Rhea

in one turn. I'll give her the movement boost for sure though.

I just did a couple of auxilliary battles to test out.

Bernadetta's doing MUCH better with the HP and strength boosts. I made sure to keep her at a safe distance (her newly-unlocked Deadeye move is a godsend) and in the bushes whenever possible. She made it through both battles without a problem and even got the kill on a few bandits!

I gave Edelgard the movement boost and I'm glad I did. She and Byleth never got separated once and together they pretty much duo'd the whole map haha

Haven't given the speed boost to anyone but right now I'm thinking Felix should get it. Petra and Byleth both seem pretty set for speed and I doubt it'll do as much good for Dorothea, Ingrid or Marianne.

• 2 years later...
On 5/18/2020 at 11:14 PM, ------ said:

Yes, very convenient and profitable