What's up with the green units in Chapter 10? (The stealth chapter)

I've been playing this game again and I'm habing loads of fun. But this chapter man, I don't want to stealth through it and the extra enemies are like no problem but the AI of the green units annoys me. I only got Brom to move but Sephiron didn't even when Ike talked to him and also Kieran didn't want to move and couldn't be talked to with Ike. This is very frustrating because I want that 12 turn BEXP requirement but it seems these units will only escape if I rescue them?

Sephiran never moves and won't give you any BEXP. Since he can't be killed anyway, you can just ignore him. I don't think talking to him even changes anything besides a few lines of dialog after the chapter.

Edit: Nevermind, the site says you do get BEXP for NPCs escaping. Unless they are inflating "NPCs" with "Allies" there.

As for Kieran, if you have Oscar talk to him, he'll switch to yellow. You couldn't rescue him anyway, since he's on a horse.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Sephiran never moves and won't give you any BEXP. Since he can't be killed anyway, you can just ignore him. I don't think talking to him even changes anything besides a few lines of dialog after the chapter.
As for Kieran, if you have Oscar talk to him, he'll switch to yellow. You couldn't rescue him anyway, since he's on a horse.

How about Nephenee? Do I have to do something to have her move or does she just do it by herself?

4 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

How about Nephenee? Do I have to do something to have her move or does she just do it by herself?

She will turn yellow when Ike talks to her. Afterwards you can give her orders. Just like with Brom.
And Yellow units will automatically leave once they reach the escape point.
As for green units, I have no clue.

Edited by BrightBow

22 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

She will turn yellow when Ike talks to her. Afterwards you can give her orders. Just like with Brom.
And Yellow units will automatically leave once they reach the escape point.
As for green units, I have no clue.

ok, thanks man

Looking at the wiki tells me that you can maximize your BEXP by ensuring that everyone escapes before Ike but Sephiran doesn't seem to need to escape, assuming I'm reading this right.

If you're absolutely desperate, try Rescuing him with Oscar on your way out and seeing if dropping him on the tile will have him leave.

Although, that's a risky move at least you'll get your answer for future reference.