Some more theoretical questions

Narwhy

Would carrying multiple Raijinto give the +4 strength multiple times? Does it work like that for the Battle+Visitation Seal?

Does staff savant work on Bifrost?

Are there enemy Butlers and if so can you link a portrait?

1 hour ago, Narwhy said:

Does staff savant work on Bifrost?

Interesting. I have never used “hacked” skills, though. And all of the Staff Savant Maids wield low-level staves, making it more difficult to know how Staff Savant interacts with more powerful, unique staves. 

2 hours ago, Narwhy said:

Are there enemy Butlers and if so can you link a portrait?

Jakob is your worst enemy, mate. Kill him on sight. 😏

There are no enemy butlers, but when your units re-class into one, they look exactly like Jakob to me, which leads me to think that that is the generic appearance (just like all female Mages dress exactly like Nyx.)

10 hours ago, starburst said:

Jakob is your worst enemy, mate. Kill him on sight. 😏

There are no enemy butlers, but when your units re-class into one, they look exactly like Jakob to me, which leads me to think that that is the generic appearance (just like all female Mages dress exactly like Nyx.)

Wow, I didn't know that. Strange. Probably on purpose.

10 hours ago, starburst said:

Interesting. I have never used “hacked” skills, though. And all of the Staff Savant Maids wield low-level staves, making it more difficult to know how Staff Savant interacts with more powerful, unique staves. 

I'm not quite familiar with Conquest: where are they used? Probably on Hard or Lunatic?

4 hours ago, Narwhy said:

Wow, I didn't know that. Strange. Probably on purpose.

You would need to check the Butler outfits for yourself, for I am pretty sure that Flora and Felicia do have a unique dresses, even if at first sight theirs seem exactly like those of enemy Maids.

4 hours ago, Narwhy said:

I'm not quite familiar with Conquest: where are they used? Probably on Hard or Lunatic?

On Hard, Iago has Staff Savant in Chapter 26. On Lunatic, he has it again and so do all Maids (and Grand Masters?, those parrot-face wankers) on Endgame. All that would be fine, if not because those Maids also have Inevitable End, which stacks every and all de-buffs (and they wield Silver Daggers, and they have infinite Enfeeble staves, and other enemies in the map have Seals... Yeah, fun.)

2 minutes ago, starburst said:

All that would be fine, if not because those Maids also have Inevitable End, which stacks every and all de-buffs (and they wield Silver Daggers, and they have infinite Enfeeble staves, and other enemies in the map have Seals... Yeah, fun.)

That sounds dumb... I heard Conquest Lunatic is well balanced but that sounds like hell 😞

Infinite Enfeeble? With how much range?

Apparently there's an infinite range entrap in the game somewhere

24 minutes ago, Narwhy said:

Infinite Enfeeble? With how much range?

Apparently there's an infinite range entrap in the game somewhere

In Chapter 27, I am pretty sure that the Maids have a special infinite-range Entrap, but it only has one charge and is used in Turn 1, to split your party and make it face different enemies in separate rooms. It is not as difficult at it seems, you just need to pair-up "complementary" units during preparations, so that any pair can face multiple types of enemies after being Entrapped. And the enemies themselves are nothing special, one Sniper or one Master Ninja or one Berserker or one Sorcerer.

The "infinite Enfeeble" is a consequence of Staff Savant, so they have 10-range and infinite uses. And since all units who cause de-buffs (like Dagger wielders and units with Seals) also have the skill Inevitable End, these Maids cause you a -20 to all statistics in 5 turns. That is why you must kill them as fast as possible. In the middle of the map, you also have the Parrot Faces with Hex Rods.

Lunatic is very challenging but still fair until Chapter 27 (Chapter 25 can be either too fast or too long), but Endgame is ridiculously specific about the party composition. That is why I often consider my campaigns as "completed" after Chapter 27. Even if my ten units performed well during the previous twenty seven chapters, they may face an impossible scenario (for me) at Endgame.

40 minutes ago, starburst said:

In Chapter 27, I am pretty sure that the Maids have a special infinite-range Entrap, but it only has one charge and is used in Turn 1, to split your party and make it face different enemies in separate rooms. It is not as difficult at it seems, you just need to pair-up "complementary" units during preparations, so that any pair can face multiple types of enemies after being Entrapped. And the enemies themselves are nothing special, one Sniper or one Master Ninja or one Berserker or one Sorcerer.

The "infinite Enfeeble" is a consequence of Staff Savant, so they have 10-range and infinite uses. And since all units who cause de-buffs (like Dagger wielders and units with Seals) also have the skill Inevitable End, these Maids cause you a -20 to all statistics in 5 turns. That is why you must kill them as fast as possible. In the middle of the map, you also have the Parrot Faces with Hex Rods.

Lunatic is very challenging but still fair until Chapter 27 (Chapter 25 can be either too fast or too long), but Endgame is ridiculously specific about the party composition. That is why I often consider my campaigns as "completed" after Chapter 27. Even if my ten units performed well during the previous twenty seven chapters, they may face an impossible scenario (for me) at Endgame.

Why's that? The Endgame for Conquest doesn't seem all that difficult compared to the rest of the game; what makes it hard?

8 minutes ago, Narwhy said:

Why's that? The Endgame for Conquest doesn't seem all that difficult compared to the rest of the game; what makes it hard?

But I just told you why: Inevitable End plus Staff Savant. Do you want more?!

Endgame is rather easy on Hard (compared to what you have already faced), and can be completed with basically any ten units (have at least one staff user), but Lunatic Endgame is an entirely different beast.