Special Heroes: Bridal Beloveds

Jave

Strange how they didn't make Rafiel a flier, maybe there is a lore reason, but that attack animation is funny. Micaiah looks nice for AR, but I think I'm good.

Edited by LoneStar

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this banner is actually amazing. Nailah and Rafiel, Micaiah and Sothe . . . ugh, my heart! (Orbs too) I really want Nailah and Micaha/Sothe, but I also need to save my orbs. I don't want to crazy on this banner, but you never know.

I'm really like the diversity of the designs here. Past bridal banners felt like the dresses were too similar. This time, there's quite the variation in style. I wouldn't pulling for all of them tbh.

And I'm glad Oboro + Hinata got alts. They're not my favs, but I'm happy units that have been in this game since the jump finally got some attention. Make us proud, Fury fodder.

Definitely going for Micaiah and Rafiel, although not before I pick up Fjorm. Nailah is tempting, as another new unit type, but my orb stash isn't that big right now. Maybe I'll pick up green orbs that show up while I'm going for the other two but not beyond that? Depends on how things go, I guess.

Even Oboro has a Pulse tie skill to offer, but not enough else. I'd rather just wait for Nils or someone else I want more.

Nice that they have a full three of the six character slots as guys this time, previous bride banners have never had more than one. Even though in this case they're all the non-premium slots. Also Rafiel being one of them. I was hoping for Jugdral, but this is fine.

Just now, LoneStar said:

Strange how they didn't make Rafiel a flier, maybe there is a lore reason, but that attack animation is funny. Michaiah looks nice for AR, but I think I'm good.

Rafiel can't fly.

Just now, Ginger567 said:

Lol I find this so funny. Micaiah is WAY MORE- Way more popular than Elincia. She’s has always place in the top 10 and even place first in the last poll whereas Elincia has never place top 20 hell not even top 30, so your complaining about Mic getting more love than her is kinda weird. Popular characters get more attention and that’s a fact. And micaiah and Soren are the two most popular tellius characters after Ike. 

It's Soren more popular that Mia/Wayu? I don't remember the scores right now, but I just want to be sure.

Just now, LoneStar said:

Strange how they didn't make Rafiel a flier, maybe there is a lore reason, but that attack animation is funny. Michaiah looks nice for AR, but I think I'm good.

Yeah, in Radiant Dawn they said he can't fly because his wings were damaged.

1 minute ago, Ginger567 said:

Lol I find this so funny. Micaiah is WAY MORE- Way more popular than Elincia. She’s has always place in the top 10 and even place first in the last poll whereas Elincia has never place top 20 hell not even top 30, so your complaining about Mic getting more love than her is kinda weird. Popular characters get more attention and that’s a fact. And micaiah and Soren are the two most popular tellius characters after Ike. 

She can still like characters that aren't the most popular.

1 minute ago, LoneStar said:

There's your answer. Rafiel is a pretty interesting character to read up on, imo.

Curious, did anyone besides me not immediately know who was on the thumbnail for the video?

Really, when I first looked, my initial response was "Who's that?". Micaiah and Sothe look almost completely unrecognizable in that art style (Sothe especially).

So the only ones with Japanese clothing are Oboro and Hinata...I feel disappointed, and yet relieved because this is an easy skip. 

That being said, time to try and grasp how good each unit is!

Nailah is meant to work with perma Moonbows/Glimmers/Noontimes combined with her Wo Dao effect. Seems like a good Vantage sweeper to me, but there's like a dozen of those already so nothing crazy. Her dress is pretty unique, but it doesn't really suit my tastes.

Oboro has, imo, the best outfit here (must be that I'm bored of the usual wedding dresses that these banners bring). She has good fodder, although nothing really crazy. The conditional guard effect +stats on the weapon can come in handy but I think it pales in comparison to the normal Guard weapons.

Rafiel is a surprise. It's funny that he's infantry, I expected him to be an armor with that disgustingly low mov he had in RD. Either way, he trades 1 CD reduction for the ability to sing, which means he's like a sidegrade to Velouria. Eh.

And the obligatory duo hero is here...and I don't really like it. I know it's canon and all but I never liked that Micaiah married Sothe because she basically raised him...I don't know, it feels wrong to me. Regardless, they're strong and being colorless with dual effectiveness already puts them up there in terms of strength. The duo effect means that everyone has a 1 turn Broadleaf fan...it sounds OP on paper, but practically I believe it requires too much setup to be truly functional. Still, it can end AR maps in one turn if used properly (just take care of those Aether pots before setting it up). 

Hinata remains a blank, but it's guaranteed he'll have the same weapon as Oboro just in other category. Hopefully his fodder will be good.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, this one's a skip for me. Even if it is mostly Tellius, I don't want any of these characters badly enough. Also, wtf is going on with Oboro's hood? It's overly huge.

Also, it pisses me off that Micaiah now has four versions to Elincia's mere two. Where is the love for the latter? She'd fit perfectly as a bride as well and now we've gone through two Tellius infested bride/groom banners where she is absent. This makes no sense to me. I can only hope this means we're getting legendary Elincia before legendary Micaiah.

Unless Hinata has a really good skill to fodder him for, he's being turned into 

Oboro is wearing a traditional Japanese wedding dress. The "hooded" part is a headdress and it's a symbol of submission.

Anyways I'm not too crazy about anyone here so I'll most likely skip. Oboro and Nailah are super pretty but they're not a must have. 

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

Curious, did anyone besides me not immediately know who was on the thumbnail for the video?

Really, when I first looked, my initial response was "Who's that?". Micaiah and Sothe look almost completely unrecognizable in that art style (Sothe especially).

I was pretty sure they were Micaiah and Sothe, but Oboro was the one I couldn't pick out.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Now we only need Staff Micaiah as Legendary Hero.

Legendary Elincia first. She has fewer alts still and needs another turn at one.

I admit, it just really really stings me as a massive Elincia fan that's disliked Micaiah since she first played through RD. But regardless, it's been forever since Elincia's one and only alt...

So while I go do something to cheer myself up, I'm going to say that if IS is going to keep up this trend of heavy Tellius representation in bride banners, they better put Elincia in one. I don't care what color or weapon she has, I just think bride is one of the most fitting alts for her.

Nice to know I can almost always count on the seasonal banners being easy to skip over in favor of saving orbs for other banners. Seeing as Tellius has gotten two characters on the fallen heroes event and some characters on this bridal banner hopefully it means we are getting an Awakening banner on June 5th's New Heroes banner.

Edited by NSSKG151

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Oboro has, imo, the best outfit here (must be that I'm bored of the usual wedding dresses that these banners bring). She has good fodder, although nothing really crazy. The conditional guard effect +stats on the weapon can come in handy but I think it pales in comparison to the normal Guard weapons.

That's not Guard.  It's half of a Breath effect, with no phase restriction (as long as Oboro has a bonus).  Oboro gains extra charge when the enemy hits her.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

2 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

She can still like characters that aren't the most popular.

Never said they couldn’t. I just find it funny that they’re complaining about a popular tellius lord getting more alts. *shrugs*

4 minutes ago, Troykv said:

It's Soren more popular that Mia/Wayu? I don't remember the scores right now, but I just want to be sure.

He’s always placed top 15 even after the th influence and Mia mostly top 20 sooo... I would say, sorens a little more popular.

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

Nice to know I can almost always count on the seasonal banners being easy to skip over in favor of saving orbs for other banners. Seeing as Tellius has two characters on the fallen heroes event and some characters on this bridal banner hopefully it means we are getting an Awakening banner on June 5th's New Heroes banner.

We're due for Awakening or Genealogy characters tbh.

I'm still happy whenever I see Tellius characters though.

Literally one unit in the entire franchise.

Literally one in the entire franchise out of 100s of characters

That I would pull for for non-meta reason on a bridal banner.

And they make her a Duo Hero even.

And pull this on me during the first time in 1.5 years I've been flat out on orbs due to Fallen Ike taking forever to come home. To the point I spent more money in the last two weeks on this game than I had during the previous 6 months combined.

~~~Don't care, too busy fanboying~~~

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

That's not Guard.  It's half of a Breath effect, with no phase restriction (as long as Oboro has a bonus).  Oboro gains extra charge when the enemy hits her.

You're right, my bad. 

Then it's a Missletainn effect when buffed. I can see it doing good for some armor builds then. 

...hm. neat. No one here I really "want" but having them would be pretty cool. Think I'll just use this banner to restock my orbs for the next New Hero banner though. Rafiel looks... jesus, way fancy for the 4* unit. I don't think we'll ever have a 4* unit look THAT nice again.

5 minutes ago, Ginger567 said:

I don't wanna get involved in anything, but Anacy can be VERY strongly opinionated, so some things she says may or may not reflect fact.

I can't believe I lived to see RGaYS2c.png get an alt in this game.  I dropped the game after the first year, but always kept a marginal interest just to see what artwork would come out of it.

Now is the time to ヽRGaYS2c.pngノ raise ヽRGaYS2c.pngノ my ヽRGaYS2c.pngノ 'boros.

6 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Oboro is wearing a traditional Japanese wedding dress. The "hooded" part is a headdress and it's a symbol of submission.

Okay, now I'm just confused. Firstly, why is this headdress so big then? And second, submission? Like what Bernadetta once said in one of her supports in TH about being taught to be a "good submissive wife?" ...Wow. Just...wow. What Bernadetta goes through sounds HORRIBLE. Why would anyone treat their wives this way?

Edited by Anacybele