Special Heroes: Bridal Beloveds

Jave

I wish they had that free five-star unit for the new Special Heroes Banners too. It's gonna be so hard to get Nailah or Micaiah/Sothe with my luck. I'll likely just get Oboro who I don't want at all.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If next year's bridal banner is anything like this one, a potential bride Elincia would come with Geoffrey. Who may or may not have his base form in by next May. Also, legendary Mist for the win. Micaiah and Elincia are too predicable 😛

Guess I'm pulling red and blue. Thankfully, I only need to pull blue until I get a good Rafiel. Why couldn't Oboro be the demote, she's literally one of the only three Fates characters I actually like and would pull for and I need stuff on this month's legendary banner.

This banner is pretty adorable, I think I might try and pull Oboro

Just now, Anacybele said:

Okay, now I'm just confused. Firstly, why is this headdress so big then? And second, submission? Like what Bernadetta says in her support? ...Wow. Just...wow. What Bernadetta goes through sounds HORRIBLE. Why would anyone treat their wives this way?

it's probably a traditional thing

you know tradition, aka peer pressure from dead people

I really hope in the future we see more duo bridal heroes. The duo heroes work perfect for it. Please give us Sigurd/Deirdre and Quan/Ethlyn in the future, especially the latter.

Edited by SSbardock84

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, wtf is going on with Oboro's hood? It's overly huge.

Traditional Japanese female wedding clothing comes with a huge hood called a wataboshi

Edit:  I didn't realize someone already answered that. 

571b395fd3e38e8e8f8d05970482a15f.jpg

Edited by IGdood

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I can't believe I lived to see RGaYS2c.png get an alt in this game.  I dropped the game after the first year, but always kept a marginal interest just to see what artwork would come out of it.

Now is the time to ヽRGaYS2c.pngノ raise ヽRGaYS2c.pngノ my ヽRGaYS2c.pngノ 'boros.

First person I thought of when I saw that Oboro had an alt.

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

We're due for Awakening or Genealogy characters tbh.

I'm still happy whenever I see Tellius characters though.

We just got Genealogy characters in January though and Fallen Julia this month (though I wouldn't mind seeing their characters getting some seasonal alts). Awakening hasn't gotten anything for almost a year now outside of Legendary Chrom plus I am really curious to see if a certain character shows up on the next Awakening New Heroes banner.

Edited by NSSKG151

Oh hey I predicted Oboro and Hinata, that's fun. I really hoped we'd get more Hoshidan outfits though, damn. I never would've expected Rafiel and Nailah for this banner. 

People have predicted Sigurd and Deirdre for this banner for years now. Feels weird Hinata got a bridal alt before Sigurd... Or an alt in general. 

With Radiant Dawn getting half a banner, and Awakening being the game that has gone the second longest without a proper New Heroes banner, I guess the next banner will be Awakening focused. 

Edited by Thane

3 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Isn't Oboro's (and likely Hinata's weapon) just Shoreline Rake but better?  I just promoted and foddered a Summer Ylgr to Ross for that...lol

Oh, you are right! Bridal weapons powercrept the Summer ones.

Not to mention that Hinata is a Axe unit and may have the same effect as Oboro's sword... So basically Hinata is the one powercreeping Summer Ylgr, while Oboro powercreeps Summer Helbindi.

And its a pretty decent weapon. I liked them.

2 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Micaiah was a surprise. Still, did anyone got glance on what the boomerang was? I can't see the whole video right now, so yeah.

It must be from Hinata, he's the guy from the shadow besides Oboro.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

a potential bride Elincia would come with Geoffrey.

The Ike x Elincia shipper in me hopes this doesn't happen, but given that duo Micaiah and Sothe are a thing now...well, it is indeed a possibility, unfortunately... I can deal with them being separate units though, since I could just get Elincia and S support her with one of my Ikes.

4 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

it's probably a traditional thing

you know tradition, aka peer pressure from dead people

I don't get what you mean?

3 minutes ago, IGdood said:

Traditional Japanese female wedding clothing comes with a huge hood called a wataboshi

571b395fd3e38e8e8f8d05970482a15f.jpg

I see. I still think it looks silly, but okay.

• I guess Nailah and Rafiel are a canon pairing. Alright.
  • Micaiah and Sothe sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! I knew it. I knew it. I knew it!
  • Though I was happy on calling Hinata getting an alt, I kind of wish the Fates male was Takumi instead because the games they're in make it clear that Oboro has a crush on her liege (though I did pair Oboro with Hinata in my Birthright gender-bent playthrough for variety's sake. So does that further add to Male Corrin siding Hoshido being canon?).
14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I wonder what Jugdral ever did to them

Saving them for when the remake comes out.

20 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Same. I predicted Micaiah would get colourless Thani just like I predicted Micaiah would get green Thani but I didn't predict she'd get it from a seasonal. 

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. I also like it when a Hero hits exactly 4-5 versions because I find it hilarious building a butt-kicker team, and they're all the same character. i.e. "Fear my army of Lyns!"

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Oh hey I predicted Oboro and Hinata, that's fun. I really hoped we'd get more Hoshidan outfits though, damn. I never would've expected Rafiel and Nailah for this banner. 

People have predicted Sigurd and Deirdre for this banner for years now. Feels weird Hinata got a bridal alt before Sigurd... Or an alt in general. 

>Bartre, my man

I mean, after Bartre got an alt before Sigurd and Seliph nothing surprises me anymore

I'd like to see Elincia, Mist, and Micaiah as Legendary units, honestly. I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.

If next year's banner is like this one with heavy Tellius representation, then I kinda expect something like Mist and Boyd, as much as I'd like Brom or Elincia.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Just now, Morgan--Grandmaster said:
  • I guess Nailah and Rafiel are a canon pairing. Alright.
  • Micaiah and Sothe sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! I knew it. I knew it. I knew it!
  • Though I was happy on calling Hinata getting an alt, I kind of wish the Fates male was Takumi instead because the games they're in make it clear that Oboro has a crush on her liege (though I did pair Oboro with Hinata in my Birthright gender-bent playthrough for variety's sake. So does that further add to Male Corrin siding Hoshido being canon?).

Saving them for when the remake comes out.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. I also like it when a Hero hits exactly 4-5 versions because I find it hilarious building a butt-kicker team, and they're all the same character. i.e. "Fear my army of Lyns!"

Nailah and Rafiel is actually a canon thing as far as I remember, though it was confirmed in material outside the game.

1 minute ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Another good thing is that you can make a tactics Emblem team and you can have one dancer on a team as well. I think Micaiah Emblem can easily clear the content in this game. 

Just now, Troykv said:

Nailah and Rafiel is actually a canon thing as far as I remember, though it was confirmed in material outside the game.

Actually, it was present in RD too...in the Japanese version. For whatever reason, the localization removed it.

Nailah looks absolutely beautiful. And Rafiel's there too! I was wondering when Rafiel would be introduced so that I could support Nailah with him, but this works too with them as bride and groom. Rafiel's tippy taps -- I don't know what to call it -- for his attack animation look hilarious.

I'd like some clarification on Nailah's Bride's Fang's second effect: "At start of combat, if foe's HP >=  75%, inflicts Atk/Def-5 on foe during combat, and if Special triggers before or during combat and unit attacked, grants Special cooldown count-1 after combat." To be clear, the Special Spiral 2 effect -- not 3 since 3 grants Special cooldown count-2 -- that works if bride Nailah attacked is part of the foe's HP >= 75% condition, right? I figure it would be so and like how Bernadetta's Persecution Bow's Desperation requires her to have a debuff on her or not be at full health and not that she simply initiates and she gets a Desperation effect. There was some confusion about that when she was introduced and we were given a news post about it. @Ice Dragon or anyone else who can read Japanese, is the description for Bride's Fang defined? Can't think of the right word?

Bride Oboro looks adorable and her artist is Noy who perhaps not by coincidence did regular Cordelia's resplendent art. Both regular Cordelia and regular Oboro were done by Ueda Yumehito who also did the art for F!Robin and Hinata. Bride Oboro smacking people with an unsheathed sword is funny and kind of dumb, but what immediately caught my eye was that Pledged Blade powercrept Sandfort Spade found on summer Helbindi. Pledged Blade shares the same effect as Sandfort Spade and Shoreline Rake found on summer Ylgr: "If a bonus granted by a skill like Rally or Hone is active on unit, grants Atk/Def+4 during combat", but also has "and Special cooldown charge +1 per foe's attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack. Special cooldown charge granted even if foe's attack deals 0 damage.)", the Breath effect. Considering groom Hinata is an axe infantry, I would not be surprised if his likely to be inheritable axe does the same to Shoreline Rake.

Bride Micaiah & groom Sothe are the second unit with Mystic Boost. Being the second colorless mage and a flying one at that is curious.

https://modernarchive.de/blogs/news/traditional-japanese-wedding-kimonos-a-definitive-guide

The white fabrics of the ensemble are often decorated with auspicious symbols such as the crane, bamboo or tortoises and the white colour of the outfit is thought to symbolise the purity of the bride as well as signifying a new beginning or ‘clean slate’. Shiromukus white colour also symbolises the bride's willingness to take on the ‘colours’ of her new family.

There are many different theories as to the origins of the bridal hoods. Some theories claim that the hoods were intended to symbolise the bride becoming obedient to her new husband by covering her head, others state that the hood was meant to hide the bride's long hair wherein bad spirits may have been hiding. Another theory speculates that the hood was purely functional and for the purpose of protecting the bride's elaborate hair and makeup from dust before the ceremony. Still other theories claim that the hood served a similar purpose to that of the western bridal veil though shielding the brides face from the wedding party until she is revealed to her groom at the altar.

I NEED Bride Micaiah and Sothe!! Omg! I am so excited! Sothe looks so handsome, he’s one of my favorite characters... I also, of course, need the seasonal 4* once more. Rafiel’s art is grand~

I am so happy Oboro has got her seasonal! Let’s hope a resplendent follows, she deserves it. She looks nice, and I’m sad I will be focusing my orbs elsewhere or else I would love to have a copy.

Nailah is nice, too, but not in my desire radar.

Hinata as a TT unit... just when I was ready to spend some grails... if his art is nice, I will commit. I hope NY Hrid/V Conrad’s artist draws him! Good damage art, too, please lol.

Rafiel is here, great! And they've outright stated something you could sense was implied, but never directly said in Radiant Dawn proper- that Nailah and Rafiel were married. It surprised me when the Tellius Recollection artbooks said so.

Micaiah has gone from nonexistent in year one to four versions now. I don't mean to criticize, but are they playing her too much too fast?

Hinata in his appearance looks cute to me, and he is a FEH Fates release character who isn't female. He and Oboro Muramasa are worthy for alts from that criterion, the days of Fates excess bias in FEH are long past and they were never part of it anyhow. A few lesser AwakeFates chars deserve alts once in a while methinks.

After Bridal for Special Heroes is... Swimsuits? Maybe that'll be when we finally discover Finn's abs?😋

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't mean to criticize, but are they playing her too much too fast?

I'd say they are a little. Not like they were spamming Lyn and Camilla, of course, but compared to characters like Elincia, Sigurd, Seliph, and others who are just as deserving of an alt or more alts but haven't gotten any in forever or at all? I would say so.