Special Heroes: Bridal Beloveds

Jave

10 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Isn't Oboro's (and likely Hinata's weapon) just Shoreline Rake but better?  I just promoted and foddered a Summer Ylgr to Ross for that...lol

Yep. Sandfort Spade and Shoreline Rake have the effect of: "If a bonus granted by a skill like Rally or Hone is active on unit, grants Atk/Def+4 during combat."

While Pledged Blade and probably Hinata's inheritable axe have: "If [Bonus] is active on unit, grants Atk/Def+4 and Special cooldown charge +1 per foe's attack during combat. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack. Special cooldown charge granted even if foe's attack deals 0 damage.)" So, Pledged Blade is like Sandfort Spade Plus.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Micaiah has gone from nonexistent in year one to four versions now. I don't mean to criticize, but are they playing her too much too fast?

You could say the same for pretty much anyone who's won CYL, tbh. IS started spamming Lyn, Alm, Eliwood, Ephraim, and Hector more after they won CYL. Edelgard seems to be on her way there. Ike also has a lot of versions, but they're kind of playing him slowly. Celica, for some reason, hasn't really gotten an alt since her legendary, and Camilla got spammed BEFORE she won CYL. Roy seems kind of ignored for a CYL winner though, so he's kind of an exception. And I don't know what happened to Lucina. Did they just drop her in favor of the other girls?

Edited by Sunwoo

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rafiel is here, great! And they've outright stated something you could sense was implied, but never directly said in Radiant Dawn proper- that Nailah and Rafiel were married. It surprised me when the Tellius Recollection artbooks said so.

I thought in the japanese version they are stated to marry?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Micaiah has gone from nonexistent in year one to four versions now. I don't mean to criticize, but are they playing her too much too fast?

Nah, so far she has got an alt more or less to a one year pace.

OG Micaiah: January 2018

HS Micaiah: August 2018

QoD Micaiah: August 2019 (and this was voted by the fans)

DWD Micaiah/Sothe: May 2020

Nothing out of the ordinary.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd say they are a little. Not like they were spamming Lyn and Camilla, of course, but compared to characters like Elincia, Sigurd, Seliph, and others who are just as deserving of an alt or more alts but haven't gotten any in forever or at all? I would say so.

no more than spamming Ike, who just got an alt that easily could have gone to several characters. 

Just now, daisy jane said:

no more than spamming Ike, who just got an alt that easily could have gone to several characters. 

His alts have come very slowly though. They're not being spammed.

So they basically pulled Gwendolyn's Prf skill refine effect, edited, it, and pasted it onto Bride Oboro's (and Groom Hinata's) generic weapon.

And we now have a name for the so-called "reverse Bladetome effect" in Dominance.

Groom Rafiel is kind of sleep but that's mainly because I don't really rely too much on getting easy special charges and just prefer stat buffs on my dancers most of the time. The fact that he's infantry makes him less interesting as a dancer (since infantry dancers are already common) but there's the lore to explain that.

Bride Micaiah is gorgeous and is a unit I would love to have in my roster though I'm already juggling tough choices.

BB!Nailah looks awesome as a Counter-Vantage unit! I think I will go for her.

BB!Oboro seems like she can Galeforce without Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade? She will need high Spd and high bulk to absorb hits. I am kind of tempted to go for her, but I think I will prioritize others first. I am already planning to build Soleil and Lon'qu as Galeforcers, so I do not think I need BB!Oboro.

YAY!!! Singer 3*/4* in the temporary pool! BB!Rafiel looks really good too!

I guess I am gunning for BB!Miciah too cause she is a Duo Unit and can Counter-Vantage and help others Counter-Vantage.

I guess the propeller hat is a scroll? It looks like a scroll to me, but I am not sure.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

His alts have come very slowly though. They're not being spammed.

as has Micaiah's. 

her introduction
one in august. 
one voted in last year
now this one.  

how is it "spammed?"  each has been several months apart (and the third one was voted in. so if she had not won it would have been a year and a half).
answer it's not. 

(i personally don't think ike was spammed in either (though his fallen one easily could have gone to someone else) but you see how that game can easily be played? ) 

I'll skip this banner, but wow....duo hero Micaiah/Sothe is temptinggg. I loveeeed them together when I played Radiant Dawn, like hardcore fanboy of them together, so my childhood heart is so happy. I might do a *few* pulls for them, but I'll try to control myself.

The art for them is also really pretty! And nice to see some more Tellius units. Makes me wonder if the next New Hero banner is gonna be Tellius or Awakening.

Just now, daisy jane said:

snip

Ehhh ... in all fairness ... Ike kind of has that "Tiki" issue in which he has two distinct appearances that are treated separately. Ike is one of the few characters who has an extremely different appearance from PoR to RD, and enough of a personality difference between the two forms so that some people may only like one version of him.

I mean, Fallen Ike still really didn't need to exist, but aside from Valentine's Ike the other ones were kind of justified. Brave Ike was voted for via CYL, and RD Ike had to exist because RD exists. Valentine's Ike was his first seasonal, but apparently only counts for PoR.

25 minutes ago, Miminako said:

I thought in the japanese version they are stated to marry?

I never saw the Japanese script or saw any articles on the topic, so I can't say myself.

Not sure why they'd leave it out of the English, other than perhaps being aware of Stefan's remark Beast + Bird = no kids. Did they not think people would imagine a couple could marry purely out of love?

24 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Nah, so far she has got an alt more or less to a one year pace.

OG Micaiah: January 2018

HS Micaiah: August 2018

QoD Micaiah: August 2019 (and this was voted by the fans)

DWD Micaiah/Sothe: May 2020

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Thats reality outside of the game. Within FEH however, time is perceived differently, the past, present and future meld together to an extent so it feels like January 2018 was three days ago.:^_^:

22 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

At least we have the same number of grooms increased this year. 

GREAT POINT!🤩

Gender equality on a bridal banner, who woulda thunk? Fantasy interracial romance too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Well damn, I guess I'm moving straight into this banner after claiming the freebie on Dark Burdens. I need that Micaiah to complete the set, plus I'll finally have a chance to hunt for Forrest merges since the previous two banners had no colorless focus units.

Oh, and if they keep this theme of including Sanaki or at least one person related to Sanaki (however tangential it may be) on this banner theme going, does that mean we're getting Altina and Lehran as the Duo next year? If so, that'd actually be pretty hype.

Edited by Tybrosion

17 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Let’s hope a resplendent follows, she deserves it.

Part of me hopes that Ueda Yumehito and some other artists are given a chance to do a resplendent of one of the characters they did for Heroes. Ueda Yumehito's art for Cordelia, Hinata, Oboro, and F!Robin are okay to bad to some people, but Ueda Yumehito's artwork outside of Heroes look fine. That and skills grow, so it would be interesting to see another work from Ueda Yumehito or anyone else really whose art was looked at unfavorably.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

BB!Nailah looks awesome as a Counter-Vantage unit! I think I will go for her.

They should have went full on with the Special Spiral effect being Special Spiral 3 instead of Special Spiral 2. Ares and Eldigan cannot inherit Special Spiral, Wrath, or whatever for their B passive while bride Nailah can, but who cares! Let's have her be able to get Special cooldown count-4 with a Killer weapon because why not.

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

as has Micaiah's. 

her introduction
one in august. 
one voted in last year
now this one.  

how is it "spammed?"  each has been several months apart (and the third one was voted in. so if she had not won it would have been a year and a half).
answer it's not. 

(i personally don't think ike was spammed in either (though his fallen one easily could have gone to someone else) but you see how that game can easily be played? ) 

I didn't say Micaiah is being spammed more than Ike. I said she's being spammed more than Elincia, Sigurd, Seliph, and others who have only one or no alts. Micaiah also has more seasonal versions than Ike now.

EDIT: Sunwoo has a good point about PoR Ike and RD Ike being pretty distinct from one another appearance-wise and a bit character-wise too.

On another note, am I the only one that also doesn't like Sothe and Micaiah as a pairing and doesn't understand why they were ever even considered that way? They literally call each other brother and sister. As someone who has adopted/step siblings of the opposite gender, this kind of thing just plain disturbs me. This is also why I don't like Geoffrey and Elincia as a pairing. They were raised as siblings themselves.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ehhh ... in all fairness ... Ike kind of has that "Tiki" issue in which he has two distinct appearances that are treated separately. Ike is one of the few characters who has an extremely different appearance from PoR to RD, and enough of a personality difference between the two forms so that some people may only like one version of him.

I mean, Fallen Ike still really didn't need to exist, but aside from Valentine's Ike the other ones were kind of justified. Brave Ike was voted for via CYL, and RD Ike had to exist because RD exists. Valentine's Ike was his first seasonal, but apparently only counts for PoR.

that's fine. like i said. I personally don't care. i don't have problems with alts (period). the only issue i had with Fallen Ike is that there were other actual fallen heroes. but they based it off Cipher and that's good enough for me. I don't have an issue with tiki alts (i think there should be more adult tiki ones tbf). and i don't have an issue with Micaiah having one. I'm equal opportunity here. Saying Micaiah is being slammed with alts is not really accurate  She was introduced, they made her a dancer, she got voted in Bravely, and now she's a bride. Basically the only one that's missing is Legendary (which might not even be this year).

this though is what i am using for my free pull Wish.
Duo Micaiah. COME. HOME. 

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Part of me hopes that Ueda Yumehito and some other artists are given a chance to do a resplendent of one of the characters they did for Heroes. Ueda Yumehito's art for Cordelia, Hinata, Oboro, and F!Robin are okay to bad to some people, but Ueda Yumehito's artwork outside of Heroes look fine. That and skills grow, so it would be interesting to see another work from Ueda Yumehito or anyone else really whose art was looked at unfavorably.

Oh yeah! I always hold the mentality that a lot of the OG artists probably didn't or could not imagine the way their art was going to transfer onto FEH. You have the artist who drew OG Jakob moving on to drawing Dimitri, and the difference is amazing. Even AKIRA's flying Olivia is a great step up from their original take. 

This destroys my hope to see a FE10 banner as New Heroes next.

Oh well, despite I like these Tellius characters, I'm not fond of brides and alts in general.

Still I might try to pull one Tellius unit at least, idc who.

I wished Edward made it instead of Sothe since I'm a Micaiah x Edward shipper and Edward truly deserves a spot in FEH.

I was about to comment that Rafiel's weapon is just a worst version of Velouria's, but then I remembered that Rafiel is a 4* Focus. So he is easier to be summoned, so maybe that's why the weaker effect.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

On another note, am I the only one that also doesn't like Sothe and Micaiah as a pairing and doesn't understand why they were ever even considered that way? They literally call each other brother and sister. As someone who has adopted/step siblings of the opposite gender, this kind of thing just plain disturbs me. This is also why I don't like Geoffrey and Elincia as a pairing. They were raised as siblings themselves.

I don't see anything wrong here. There are not related by blood. Being raised together doesn't mean that they cannot have feelings for each other.

Just accepct that Ike and Elincia is not a thing...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not sure why they'd leave it out of the English, other than perhaps being aware of Stefan's remark Beast + Bird = no kids. Did they not think people would imagine a couple could marry purely out of love.

Yeah, I will always be confused about this myself. Not all couples have children or want children.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't see anything wrong here. There are not related by blood. Being raised together doesn't mean that they cannot have feelings for each other.

Well, in all fairness, I think Micaiah raised him when he was a little kid, so it does feel kind of weird. This is not so much "raised like siblings" but more "you fucking raised that guy you married". That said, RD also decided to make Makalov/Astrid canon, so ... I mean ...