Special Heroes: Bridal Beloveds

Jave

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't see anything wrong here. There are not related by blood. Being raised together doesn't mean that they cannot have feelings for each other.

Just accepct that Ike and Elincia is not a thing...

...Are you serious? Are you fucking serious? How do you not see any problems with this? With SIBLINGS marrying each other? Who cares if they're not blood related? This is exactly the main issue people had with Corrin being able to marry his/her siblings. They treated one another as family and siblings, not as love interests, and then suddenly Corrin can just get hitched to one of them and have a freaking kid with them. You're saying that it would be perfectly normal for me to marry one of my adopted brothers and I just find that very disturbing. He's my BROTHER. Not a love interest.

Look, I'm now really trying hard not to say something I shouldn't say, so...yeah.

No. Since Outrealms and multiple versions of the same world are a thing, I can believe Ike and Elincia married in at least one reality if I want to.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, in all fairness, I think Micaiah raised him when he was a little kid, so it does feel kind of weird. This is not so much "raised like siblings" but more "you fucking raised that guy you married". That said, RD also decided to make Makalov/Astrid canon, so ... I mean ...

Also, this 100%. I actually did find Makalov x Astrid kind of weird too. And Boyd x Mist over Rolf x Mist was also an odd choice.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:
  Hide contents

AAbkOiAAAeJK.jpg

AAbkOiAAAeJL.jpg

AAbkOiAAAeJM.jpg

Groom Hinata's art ^

So that broken thing was an oversized fan. I think I have something like that at home, although it's just a novelty thing I bought at college. I only bought it because it has dolphins on it.

But still ... doesn't explain why Hinata's holding it like he's about to throw it.

Edited by Sunwoo

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

TT banner probably contains regular Micaiah and Nailah, but who knows what the third one will be.

They could go with Brave Micaiah, so she doesn't share color with Nailah... 

Others possibilities could be like Reyson, Leanne, Sothe and Takumi.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, in all fairness, I think Micaiah raised him when he was a little kid, so it does feel kind of weird. This is not so much "raised like siblings" but more "you fucking raised that guy you married". 

I don't remember if "raised" is the right word, but still... Well, Micaiah developed feelings to Sothe later. It's not like they felt in love when Sothe was a kid. What you feel for a person can change with time.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Are you serious? Are you fucking serious? How do you not see any problems with this? With SIBLINGS marrying each other? Who cares if they're not blood related? This is exactly the main issue people had with Corrin being able to marry his/her siblings. They treated one another as family and siblings, not as love interests, and then suddenly Corrin can just get hitched to one of them and have a freaking kid with them. You're saying that it would be perfectly normal for me to marry one of my adopted brothers and I just find that very disturbing. He's my BROTHER. Not a love interest.

Look, I'm now really trying hard not to say something I shouldn't say, so...yeah.

No. Since Outrealms and multiple versions of the same world are a thing, I can believe Ike and Elincia married in at least one reality if I want to.

Also, this 100%. I actually did find Makalov x Astrid kind of weird too. And Boyd x Mist over Rolf x Mist was also an odd choice.

Well, if you want to mention a difference, Corrin actually grew up with them since he/she was an infant (which where the issue applies), Sothe was a teenager, probably a youngish one (10 years?), but he was already self aware of his non-relationship to Micaiah.

Edited by Troykv

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh, and if they keep this theme of including Sanaki or at least one person related to Sanaki (however tangential it may be) on this banner theme, does that mean we're getting Altina and Lehran as the Duo next year? If so, that'd actually be pretty hype.

Set during their few happy days following the war against Yune, in the newly founded Kingdom of Begnion, a utopia to be free of prejudice. Set before the birth of their child, a momentous joyful event that wasn't, so it seemed at the time, that drove Lehran to attempt suicide and denied him one of the greatest experiences a human can have until he met Sanaki. T'would get my approval. But I AM a very biased person.:lol:

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, in all fairness, I think Micaiah raised him when he was a little kid, so it does feel kind of weird. This is not so much "raised like siblings" but more "you fucking raised that guy you married". That said, RD also decided to make Makalov/Astrid canon, so ... I mean ...

RD compensated for bad romances by giving us BastianxLucia. A faithful, monogamous flirtation that never turned to vows and hanky panky, it's interesting.

6 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Groom Hinata's art ^

The base pose is aesthetically too simple, all the white and the sheer size of the attire makes it uninteresting and underdesigned. The attack and wounded art poses do improve upon it however. I can understand pure white and marriage going symbolically together, I don't mean to mess with tradition, but could someone have drawn the great big white more excitingly? I dunno.

I will loudly object at the wedding as the vows are about to be exchanged and steal his heart from the bride regardless.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

Well, if you want to mention a difference, Corrin actually grew up with them since he/she was an infant, Sothe was a teenager, probably a youngish one (10 years?), but he was already self aware of his non-relationship to Micaiah.

Sothe still called Micaiah family in PoR and Micaiah referred to him as her brother in RD. That's enough for me to be disturbed at the idea of them as a couple. And imo, Sothe looks around 8 or so when he first meets Micaiah.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't remember if "raised" is the right word, but still... Well, Micaiah developed feelings to Sothe later. It's not like they felt in love when Sothe was a kid. What you feel for a person can change with time.

Well, I went back to the script and this is the exact quote:

Ike: How long have you been with him?

Micaiah: …A long time. I met him when I was hiding out in the back alleys of Nevassa, over ten years ago. He was so skinny, but his gaze was so piercing… I wondered how such a young boy could look like that. One day, I noticed he was standing close to me, just watching. He continued like that for a few days. One day, I held out my hand. He was suspicious of me, but came over anyway. He looked like a scared animal. Then his little hand slipped into mine. It was shaking. His fingers were so thin and frail. I couldn’t let go after that.

PoR Sothe doesn't look that old. I'd estimate him about 14 as the upper bound of his possible age, but he could also be as young as 12. Assuming that he's 14 in PoR, he's 17 in RD. And he was at least seven when he met Micaiah. And I agree that not everyone has the same opinion of what's "weird", but I certainly consider raising someone whom you knew since they were at least seven and then later seeing that person as marriageable material to be SUPER WEIRD. I mean, this isn't even a case of they met once when Sothe was young and then when they met again they fell in love. They were explicitly hanging out together except during PoR.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

PoR Sothe doesn't that old. I'd estimate him about 14 as the upper bound of his possible age, but he could also be as young as 12. Assuming that he's 14 in PoR, he's 17 in RD. And he was at least seven when he met Micaiah. And I agree that not everyone has the same opinion of what's "weird", but I certainly consider raising someone whom you knew since they were at least seven and then later seeing that person as marriageable material to be SUPER WEIRD. I mean, this isn't even a case of they met once when Sothe was young and then when they met again they fell in love. They were explicitly hanging out together except during PoR.

Yep, this exactly. Especially since I just said I thought Sothe looked around 8 when they first met. I initially forgot about the fact that Micaiah practically raised him, but it's still a very valid point.

I admit Bastian and Lucia are amusing. But I do still have an issue with them and that's the fact that all of a sudden, Lucia seems to turn her annoyance at Bastian into...an actual affair? Like, where did this come from? It was too out of nowhere. If there was more buildup to the eventual affair, it'd be less forced and more believable. Man, RD really did develop romances badly.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

PoR Sothe doesn't look that old. I'd estimate him about 14 as the upper bound of his possible age, but he could also be as young as 12. Assuming that he's 14 in PoR, he's 17 in RD. And he was at least seven when he met Micaiah. And I agree that not everyone has the same opinion of what's "weird", but I certainly consider raising someone whom you knew since they were at least seven and then later seeing that person as marriageable material to be SUPER WEIRD. I mean, this isn't even a case of they met once when Sothe was young and then when they met again they fell in love. They were explicitly hanging out together except during PoR.

So he was around 7~8 years old? Thanks for the information!

Just now, Troykv said:

So he was around 7~8 years old? Thanks for the information!

I don't actually know. I'm just guesstimating using the information from the script and my own assumptions of Sothe's age in PoR. 14 in PoR and 17 in RD seems like a reasonable enough estimate.

There’s the Hoshido without Nohr lineup you wanted @Sunwoo even if it’s mostly Tellius.

All of these characters I’m on the fence about. I like the art and I want a colourless tome, but I don’t like either their concept or their colour.

24 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Oh yeah! I always hold the mentality that a lot of the OG artists probably didn't or could not imagine the way their art was going to transfer onto FEH. You have the artist who drew OG Jakob moving on to drawing Dimitri, and the difference is amazing. Even AKIRA's flying Olivia is a great step up from their original take. 

I found Fujisaka Kimihito's Jakob fine and from Dimitri, berserk Ike, and Jakob, I feel like the artist is really good at drawing dark and menacing characters; Dimitri's mainly black Garreg Mach uniform just works with the artist's style while the mood shift with berserk Ike's and Jakob's special attack artwork really sells Ike succumbing to bloodlust and Jakob's displeasure with his target's entire existence. Perhaps it's a weakness in the artist's skills, but berserk Ike's muscles looking strange does help with showing that something is off compared to Ike's usual self if the whole purple smog wasn't enough. Winter young Zephiel is all right, but the winter theme doesn't lend well to Fujisaka Kimihito's strengths. I wished they had Halloween Jakob drawn by Fujisaka Kimihito and I would like to see timeskip, "punished" Dimitri from this artist.

AKIRA's Astram is pretty awesome and I wished Hector's resplendent was done by AKIRA.

16 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Groom Hinata's art ^

That looks like Noy's art, but I'm not sure.

Edited by Kaden

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't actually know. I'm just guesstimating using the information from the script and my own assumptions of Sothe's age in PoR. 14 in PoR and 17 in RD seems like a reasonable enough estimate.

Oh yeah, I usually assume Sothe is around 17 years old in RD, but the script at least kind of confirms how young Kid Sothe would be.

Edited by Troykv

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

There’s the Hoshido without Nohr lineup you wanted @Sunwoo even if it’s mostly Tellius.

All of these characters I’m on the fence about. I like the art and I want a colourless tome, but I don’t like either their concept or their colour.

I didn't ask for this!

Tellius still feels like a slightly odd choice for a bridal banner to me. I mean, yeah, it does have its fair share of canon pairings, but this is one of the few seasonal banners that would not be out-of-place for Genealogy. I really wish we could've gotten Quan, Ethlyn, and Sigurd+Deirdre instead.

You know, the fact that I mentioned Outrealms and multiple versions of the same worlds existing got me thinking. Since those are a thing and what-if scenarios are on the table due to Fallen Ike's existence...could we get various pairings as duo units or separate but on the same banner that feature the same characters with different people? Like, say we got both duo Ike and Elincia AND duo Geoffrey and Elincia (not on the same banner, of course). Or we could see duo Sain and Fiora on a Valentine banner or something and later on, Kent and Fiora as bride and groom?

Though even if this didn't happen, I still say that technically non-canon pairings like Ike x Elincia still happened in some reality because hey, Fallen Ike is in Heroes and he didn't actually happen in RD. Yet his existence in Heroes says he did occur in another timeline where things didn't go as smoothly for him. Who's to say that there isn't also a timeline where he married Lincy and Rolf married Mist and so on?

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

On another note, am I the only one that also doesn't like Sothe and Micaiah as a pairing and doesn't understand why they were ever even considered that way? They literally call each other brother and sister. As someone who has adopted/step siblings of the opposite gender, this kind of thing just plain disturbs me. This is also why I don't like Geoffrey and Elincia as a pairing. They were raised as siblings themselves.

I don't share this sentiment, but trust me, you are far from the only one.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I didn't ask for this!

Tellius still feels like a slightly odd choice for a bridal banner to me. I mean, yeah, it does have its fair share of canon pairings, but this is one of the few seasonal banners that would not be out-of-place for Genealogy. I really wish we could've gotten Quan, Ethlyn, and Sigurd+Deirdre instead.

me too. 
but then basically it would have been Deidre with a colourless eff against dragon tome, so basically, i'm happy with this. Myrrh doesn't have another thing going after her. 

also. Echinda gets a spiffy axe 👏
if I can get 6000K off the guy, someone else too.

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

Be careful with your wording there Sharena. Otherwise you are going to launch a 2nd tidal wave upon Telius.

Even Sharena admits they are more like siblings. Wow... Now I'm getting really grossed out.

Just now, IEatLasers said:

Another year before they canonizes Chrom and someone, another year of my weak Chrolivia shipper heart breaking 

Wow, I prefer them too! I'm not a big fan of Chrom or Awakening in general, but I did think he was great with Olivia.