Special Heroes: Bridal Beloveds

Jave

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Elena is Ike's mom!

And as for Chrom, let's not give up!  Perhaps that's how we'll get Emmeryn!  Or Gangrel.

Chrom and Emmeryn would be good! I saw art once called the fall and rise of the Exalt. And it was Chrom and Emmeryn. Sick joke. 

I actually...Chrom’s endgame dialogue recruiting Gangrel shows so so much character growth 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I can read just enough Japanese to recognize the characters for "elder sister" and "younger brother"

IS why are you like this

Daein is Alabama confirmed

Still the best Bridal banner ever. Nailah, Rafiel, Sothe and Micaiah? It's practically tailor made for my wishes. IS just knows how to make me spend my orbs. Balancing Gameplay summoning and Favouritism Summoning is so difficult. =[

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ha! I imagine the western version has the sense not to rubb that in. Some people find that kinda awkward. 

20 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I can read just enough Japanese to recognize the characters for "elder sister" and "younger brother"

IS why are you like this

People ask for FE4 seasonals but IS doesn't want to do them yet, this tides them over

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

People ask for FE4 seasonals but IS doesn't want to do them yet, this tides them over

I'm sure next year we'll get Arvis x Deirdre and Eldigan x Lachesis.

Yeah so... pretty safe skip actually. I'm relieved.

Nailah looks nice, probably strong, just... nothing particularly special about her. She's got a neat weapon but if you aren't +10'ing her she likely won't see much use outside of AA or something like that so, pass.

Oboro was almost interesting... her weapon is cool... if she'd been the demote that would have been too good but they had to give her that pulse skill. Plus she looks funny with that huge hump under her hood.

Rafiel completes the sibling trio, but disappointingly as a seasonal. As a unit he's nothing special, just a blue beast dancer. His effect is also inferior to the standard one his siblings have. The cooldown reduction will only ever be for one unit while the +7 heal is global. Guess it's true to form that he's the worst dancer among his siblings and Reyson is the best.

Duo Micaiah... this is clearly what they want you to summon for. They stack ATK/RES out the wazoo and if they initiate they're given an Impact effect. Oh and it's Micaiah so dual effectiveness because hurr durr. She rounds out the last color allowing for full Micaiah emblem and also comes packing Mystic Boost if you aren't interested in her as a unit. But that's unlikely as she's a new colorless tome and also flies for some reason (what... reason exactly?). Her Duo effect is a dagger debuff and gives everyone close the Broadleaf fan effect which is pretty cool.. but what's more interesting is if there will be other potential ways to give units the "Dominance" effect.

Hinata will likely have Oboro's weapon in axe form which is pretty freaking cool. If you have a buff on you then you get the breath effect on top of a buff. Sounds like heaven with DC and you can be a mini L!Ike with Aether. Ross will be snatching that along with any other good fodder he comes with.

Overall a pretty lukewarm banner, Micaiah aside. Safe skip. First circle I'll grab any Greys and before the banner expires I might pull a few blues to get a one-off *4 of Rafiel and that's about it.

Good stuff. This probably means the new heroes banner won't be Tellius though which is a shame, but at least that means it's even more opportunity to save orbs.

Wahoo, free summon on the TT banner was a Micaiah. So she's +2 now. That's great. I hope my luck will continue on the new Bridal banner. I's ben a while since I have been excited about a banner like this.

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Rafiel completes the sibling trio, but disappointingly as a seasonal. As a unit he's nothing special, just a blue beast dancer. His effect is also inferior to the standard one his siblings have. The cooldown reduction will only ever be for one unit while the +7 heal is global. Guess it's true to form that he's the worst dancer among his siblings and Reyson is the best.

His effect is actually very strong for enabling the specials of specific units, Galeforcers, AoE units, etc. The only thing about him that's truly disappointing, if you ask me anyway, is that he only reduces by 1 as opposed to Velouria's 2, but given that he's a 4* unit that'd probably be asking a lot.

Don't underestimate the power of no-conditions Special Charge.

I will summon for Micaiah ...in the double seasonal banner when she appears. A flying grey tome is exactly the kind of thing seasonal banners are good for, so regardless of anything else, I am glad they went for someone with an excuse for flying. The Duo thing is just a bonus.

The rest? Well I'm glad they didn't just Ctrl-C Ctrl-V the same "Fire Emblem" wedding dress we've seen over the years, both the Eastern and Western outfits looks reasonably fresh. The character selection is fine. However in terms of utility, I don't see myself pulling for any of them - I've given up on building a beast team these days due to availability issues while an infantry sword is just ...yeah, you know my feelings about those. I do appreciate that only one of the summonable units is a common class mind you, which at least shows some effort.

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Hinata will likely have Oboro's weapon in axe form which is pretty freaking cool. If you have a buff on you then you get the breath effect on top of a buff. Sounds like heaven with DC and you can be a mini L!Ike with Aether. Ross will be snatching that along with any other good fodder he comes with.

Yeah, his axe has the same effect while the rest of his kit is Reciprocal Aid, Atk/Def Bond 3, and Close Guard 3.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, his axe has the same effect while the rest of his kit is Reciprocal Aid, Atk/Def Bond 3, and Close Guard 3.

Atk def bond at 5 star or Close guard?

Bride time? Bride time.

IT'S FUCKING TELLIUS BRIDES. AND NO ELINCIA. Ana, I hope you know that I don't think that's great either.

Nailiah first. She's a Green Beast Infantry with Bride's Fang (SC-1, if foe's HP is > 74%, gives them -5 Atk/Spd/Def and if special triggers before/during combat and unit attacked they also get cooldown reduction. Beast Infantry buff), Moonbow, SS3, Shill Spd/Def 2 and Glare. Next is Oboro with Pledged Blade+ (If unit has bonus, +4 Atk/Def and gets faster cooldown for foe's attack), Rally Atk/Res+, Atk/Def Form 3 and Odd Pulse Tie 3 (She finally gets an alt. I don't know how to feel.) Next up is Rafiel who's a Blue Beast Infantry (Well, at least it's accurate. :(), with Groom's Wing (Res +3, At start of battle brings support partner 1 SC closer. Beast Infantry buff), Sing, Firestorm Dance 2 and Ward Beasts. Finally is Michiah and Sothe's wedding, as a Colourless Tome Flier (So 1: She's Colourless. Legendary has to be a staff. 2: Sothe is going to be floating with her right? 3: Why is she a levitator all of a sudden for all her alts now?). They have Joyful Vows (Armour/Cav effectiveness, Atk +3, if unit has Bonus, gets Atk/Res +6 and if initiating foe can't follow-up.), Sacrifice, Atk/Res Push 4, Mystic Boost 3 and Atk/Res Oath 3. They also have a Duo Skill which gives allies Dominance (foe penalties add to damage allies deal) and gives puts Def/Res -7 on foes all within 3 columns, which is wild if done right. So, no new skills. Also Michiah + Sothe have massive attack and Res. Hinata's the free unit (Tempting me on Obotro is it?)

A twisted part of me is tempted to get Nailah and Rafiel. I doubt I'm listening though. Yeah this banner feels to be a skip, but that twisted part of me wants Oboro due to having a forgable weapon and expects her to be 4* therefore easier. Also Michiah + Sothe are probably meta in some form.

Edit: the TT stuff is up and I've waited so fucking long for Spd/Def Bond 3 you have no fucking idea. FINALLY, that's my real bride from this banner.

Edited by Dayni

For a bridal banner it's nice getting actual "couples" instead of random girls (mostly) because fanceervice and profit. Nailah/Rafiel are nice. The garments of Hinata and Oboro look really good. I get why people are mad about the duo Michy and Sothe, but I don't think too much of it. The more you try to apply real life logic to fiction the more confused you end up being. 

Unitwise Nailah, Oboro and Rafiel are boring and I don't care about them. Hinata comes with an axe version of Oboro's weapon, repricorial aid, Atk def bond and Close Guard. I will give his axe to the Flame Emperor as another alternative. Michy is pretty good, stacking Atk and res, having her typical double effective time and now being coloueles meaning she doesn't get Colour disadvantage and can be a better nuke, especially with her Duo skill with allowed her to take down the most tanky foes (at least I believe). However, pulling strictly for her is a bad idea especially when considering I am still going for the 40 summons in the Fallen banner and CYL is coming soon enough. Also I am using CYL Michy A Lot and her mixed offensive and supportive role is something invaluable and I sint think she is that worth pulling. 

One last (dumb) question she is a flying unit due to Yune's powers etc Does Sothe fly too or simply walk over rivers and mountains? 

Edited by SuperNova125

16 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

One last (dumb) question she is a flying unit due to Yune's powers etc Does Sothe fly too or simply walk over rivers and mountains? 

He probably hangs on to her as she goes zoooooom across the sky

19 minutes ago, Miminako said:

He probably hangs on to her as she goes zoooooom across the sky

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I can only picture him desperately clinging on as Miccy Poppins floats off.

Thank you people, this is my new headcanon from now on. 

Edited by SuperNova125

Spoiler

First Sanaki in year 2, year 3 with her retainers and now with her sister. IS, i see where are you going. Watch the next year’s bridal banner with sephiran or zelgius.

FUCK, this was unexpected  since we just got fallen ike in the last banner,. I though they would.....Wait a sec, we are getting both tellius lords in consecutive banners LOL! Well RIP my savings for her legendary alt.

Nice to see Nailah, Oboro and Hinata getting alts and finally we got the heron trio with rafiel (and he being the demote is cool).

Until it's confirmed otherwise, I'm going to pretend that Sothe and Micaiah are both marrying other people, because I think it's funnier that way.

Anyway, I'm not sure why, but I really like the Valentine's Day banners and really DON'T like the wedding banners, so this one is a skip for me. Nice that it's Radiant Dawn though! Congrats RD, you old dog.

Edited by Solvaij

Okay, what's with Bride banners and giving Tellius a lot of love? I see a pattern here, and I can't predict if it will be broken like all the others or if we really are going to get Bride Altina next year.

They decided to focus even more on canon couples/characters you can hook up together this time around, which is a thing I don't care about.

I consider the Bride banner (and the Valentine banner) a silly theme like all the others. A festival that involves wearing wedding dresses. And it annoys me when people start overthinking it/getting grossed out because they apply real life logic to what should be a thing done just for fun.

Plus it provides unnecessary fuel to the shipping wars because "they are in the romantic banner together. It means IS recognizes that this is a canon pairing".

I feel for the people who are starting to get worried about Chrom getting a duo alt. It would be for the best if it was with Lissa or something. Not that LissaXChrom isn't shipped. People will ship everything, it's the first rule of shipping.

And I guess this is the worst of them all, since all the characters present can be paired together in a clearly intentional way. NailahXRafiel, MicaiahXSothe, OboroXHinata.

While previously you would have AlmXCelica, FayeXSilque, but then what to do with Rudolf and Conrad? PentXLouise and SigrunXTanith, but then what about Fjorm? IkeXSoren and TitaniaXGreil but Mist is left out. I prefer it that. I would prefer it even more if we could stop being so concerned about shipping, and all units on these banners came from entirely diffent games like the first two Bride banners, but that's unlikely to happen.

I honestly think few people agree with me, since if anything people seem to be mostly happy about units being paired together in these banners/demand even more units that can be paired together like AresXLene. Still this is my opinion and I'll stick to it. It doesn't make other opinions less valid.

But wow, I talked so much about how the banner is perceived by the fanbase and shippers that I had little time to talk about how good they all look. The art for Bride banners has always been top-notch IMO, and this year is no exception. They all look good and are good choices since they all don't have alts except Micaiah who is a lord that needed to complete her Micaiah Emblem theme. Also, getting two new unit types with green beast infantry and colorless tome flying is nice too. I think I will do full pulls untile I get something since I like everyone on this banner.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Duo Micaiah...  But that's unlikely as she's a new colorless tome and also flies for some reason (what... reason exactly?). 

I think Yune blessed her, just like Ashera blessed her champion Altina and made her a flying unit.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

His effect is actually very strong for enabling the specials of specific units, Galeforcers, AoE units, etc. The only thing about him that's truly disappointing, if you ask me anyway, is that he only reduces by 1 as opposed to Velouria's 2, but given that he's a 4* unit that'd probably be asking a lot.

Don't underestimate the power of no-conditions Special Charge.

Also the fact that he's a dancer is relevant, since that kind of support ability fits better on a dedicated support unit than on an otherwise combat one.

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, in all fairness, I think Micaiah raised him when he was a little kid, so it does feel kind of weird. This is not so much "raised like siblings" but more "you fucking raised that guy you married". That said, RD also decided to make Makalov/Astrid canon, so ... I mean ...

Yes but in PoR we can see that they were separated for the duration of the war, and probably not always together. They always knew they weren't related. It's weird for me too but not unacceptable/uncomfortable weird. 

6 hours ago, Jave said:

Please don't give me such a mocking answer. I'm giving you an honest opinion to the point you raised, and I'm by no means trying to downplay how you feel about the pairing. I definitely see and understand how you feel about it, and completely respect your position in this argument.

I...never was trying to mock anybody, but okay.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

It is more about people having the right to do whatever they want (as long as it is not hurting anyone), and what goes on in a person's bedroom is really none of other people's business. If most of society can now accept two men or two women getting it on without being like "ew," "gross," or making other rude remarks, I think society should extend the same courtesy to siblings or family members who want to pork each other.

If the siblings or family members ARE actually blood related though, it does pose a health threat to someone: the child that could come out of such a relationship. Incest babies more often have birth defects and crap. Otherwise, you're technically right, yes.

And the Micaiah quartet is complete. This puts Staff!Micaiah back on the table for her Legendary alt too. And she has both Atk/Res Push 4 and Mystic Boost? Wonderful!

And Rafiel is an infantry beast, I knew it!

And it's already been brought up, but if they were going for a Japanese theme it's a bit of a bummer that only the Hoshidans used it, but I'm not too fussed.

Good luck to everyone pulling on this banner! I'm definitely steering clear of Legendary/ Mythic ones if this keeps up.

13 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Just so you know, I’m one of the last guys you would want to say that to because I dislike Roy enough to actually consider going through with that if I ever could.

As long as Eliwood's last words to his son are "You and Lilina are... siblings", whilst unbeknownst to Roy, Lilina is obsessed with marrying him and would reject any factuality of sharing Lyn as a mother. Puts a comedic twist on incestuous relationships, one where one doesn't want incest to ruin the romance, having spent their life unaware of it and yet all that time crushing on their sibling, and so denies it exists.

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

And it's already been brought up, but if they were going for a Japanese theme it's a bit of a bummer that only the Hoshidans used it, but I'm not too fussed.

Though there would be little logic to it since FE is Europe + Hoshipan only, the internationalist I am would enjoy seeing wedding attire from across the real world used in future FEH wedding banners. Not sure what it'd look like, but variety is the spice of life.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
A joke made too serious.

the fact that the TT banner features no fates character at all makes hinata and oboro feel even more out of place to me

eh, at least i'll be able to get the free summon from the fallen banner with this seasonal's orbs

I guess I'm going to have to hope I quickly get a Rafiel on the free pull or something, otherwise I won't have a good bonus unit to use in this TT. If I wind up having to just go without one, well, just gotta deal with it.