Special Heroes: Bridal Beloveds

Jave

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess I'm going to have to hope I quickly get a Rafiel on the free pull or something, otherwise I won't have a good bonus unit to use in this TT. If I wind up having to just go without one, well, just gotta deal with it.

What about the free Hinata?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so, I LOVE that we have actual couples! Representing the guys are Hinata, Rafiel (FINALLYYYYYY- and yay! He's infantry!), and Sothe. I like Sothe; okay. Repping the girls are Oboro (is she pairing up with Hinata, or are they just being buddies supporting each other's weddings?), Nailah, and Micaiah. Anyway, the art for Sothe and Micaiah make them look a bit young, I think, despite this being (maybe) their post-RD incarnations. The art isn't bad, it's just...odd?

Though I love Nailah and Rafiel, I'll probably only go for Rafiel. I just don't have the orbs to go after Nailah. And Rafiel is the demote? Yussss! X3 I have a chance! (Especially since I'm still doing my utmost to get to 40 summons on the fallen heroes banner. My main target is still Fallen Ike, but I do kind of want Fallen M!Corrin, too. Happy to have gotten a Fallen Lyon.)

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

If next year's bridal banner is anything like this one, a potential bride Elincia would come with Geoffrey. Who may or may not have his base form in by next May. Also, legendary Mist for the win. Micaiah and Elincia are too predicable 😛

Guess I'm pulling red and blue. Thankfully, I only need to pull blue until I get a good Rafiel.

Actually, I like this style of thinking. I may not like Elincia, but for whatever reason, I like her relationship with Geoffrey in the same way that I like Eirika's relationship with Seth. So cute. ^w^ And yeah, I'd personally much prefer a legendary Mist to a legendary Micaiah or Elincia. That said, I think that Micaiah is the most likely to get one...maybe. She has been getting a lot of alts, so maybe not? I do wonder if IS is planning on releasing Legendary Elincia instead. She just has more untapped potential than Micaiah does at this point.

As for the discussion on how each main character will get a Duo unit, I'm at least glad that it's not ONLY the mains (as proven by the bunny dragons, who I will pretend are Yarne and Nah's kids, I guess.) I.e., a Seth and Franz duo unit would be cute, with Franz following Seth around, trying to learn how to fight like him. I like the idea posed of Ike and his mom, but I'd rather see a duo unit of Griel and Elena than Ike and Elena...unless we're talking kid Ike with Elena as the lead, which would be so cute! I think that if it's kid Ike and a parent, though, it's more likely to be Griel than Elena. I don't know, though... Given the flashbacks in PoR, Ike may have had a pretty close relationship with Elena when he was a kid. ... Man, I want this so badly now. A Mist and Griel duo unit to go with the Ike and Elena duo unit would be just too perfect.

Just now, Othin said:

No thanks. For me, he's better off as feathers. He doesn't have any real useful skills to fodder him for.

Just now, Anacybele said:

No thanks. For me, he's better off as feathers. He doesn't have any real useful skills to fodder him for.

You could at least use him for the TT and then only kill him afterward. 1k feathers is tiny, there's no hurry for it. 

Just now, Othin said:

You could at least use him for the TT and then only kill him afterward. 1k feathers is tiny, there's no hurry for it. 

I dislike him though, so it wouldn't be fun. I prefer Rafiel or even Nailah, but Nailah would be much harder to get, and I like Rafiel a bit more than her anyway, so yeah.

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

unless we're talking kid Ike with Elena as the lead, which would be so cute!

Yes! And kid Ike can be carrying baby Mist in his arms like Catria does with Est in duo Palla!

I personally see Geoffrey and Elincia like siblings though, even disregarding that the PoR art book pretty much confirms that they're step/foster siblings. Geoffrey possibly has feelings for Elincia, but the reverse just never looked like it was happening. Elincia in PoR treated Geoffrey more like an overprotective big brother the way I saw it. and then in RD she treated him very formally, like she would any other big time Crimean general/noble that she trusts. So I just believed that if she married Geoffrey, it was more for political reasons and someone who'd be a good father to a Crimean heir than for love. But people are going to interpret things differently, of course.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes! And kid Ike can be carrying baby Mist in his arms like Catria does with Est in duo Palla!

I personally see Geoffrey and Elincia like siblings though, even disregarding that the PoR art book pretty much confirms that they're step/foster siblings. Geoffrey possibly has feelings for Elincia, but the reverse just never looked like it was happening. Elincia in PoR treated Geoffrey more like an overprotective big brother the way I saw it. and then in RD she treated him very formally, like she would any other big time Crimean general/noble that she trusts. So I just believed that if she married Geoffrey, it was more for political reasons and someone who'd be a good father to a Crimean heir than for love. But people are going to interpret things differently, of course.

Indeed. 🙂 You know, Duo Elena with tiny Ike should totally be a refresher unit - specifically a singer. She's the one who taught Ike and Mist that song, after all, and it's a prominent memory Ike has of her. I don't know about Ike carrying little Mist around, though. I kind of want this to be something special between mother and son. Besides, it's sort of been done, and unlike Palla, Est, and Catria (who are kind of a set, much like Boyd, Oscar, and Rolf), Elena could realistically be a duo unit with any of her family members, and doesn't really need one extra. Honestly, though, I'd love to see her as the secondary unit as a duo with Chaos Griel, trying to lull him into a calm and take the medallion away from him (juuuust pre-tragedy.) They would make a fantastic Fallen Heroes duo, with Elena trying to save her husband, but as of yet, only able to keep him relatively calm and unable to grab the medallion until the fateful moment.

One thing I think is funny is how Rafiel, Oboro, and Hinata all have special-related effects on their weapons but no special in their base kit. 

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I dislike him though, so it wouldn't be fun. I prefer Rafiel or even Nailah, but Nailah would be much harder to get, and I like Rafiel a bit more than her anyway, so yeah.

Fair enough. Rafiel should be very easy to get, so hopefully it goes well. 

11 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Indeed. 🙂 You know, Duo Elena with tiny Ike should totally be a refresher unit - specifically a singer. She's the one who taught Ike and Mist that song, after all, and it's a prominent memory Ike has of her. I don't know about Ike carrying little Mist around, though. I kind of want this to be something special between mother and son. Besides, it's sort of been done, and unlike Palla, Est, and Catria (who are kind of a set, much like Boyd, Oscar, and Rolf), Elena could realistically be a duo unit with any of her family members, and doesn't really need one extra. Honestly, though, I'd love to see her as the secondary unit as a duo with Chaos Griel, trying to lull him into a calm and take the medallion away from him (juuuust pre-tragedy.) They would make a fantastic Fallen Heroes duo, with Elena trying to save her husband, but as of yet, only able to keep him relatively calm and unable to grab the medallion until the fateful moment.

It would be weird for baby Mist to not be there imo. Elena should want both her kids with her...

Duo Fallen Greil with Elena would just be a heartache. 😞

Ugh, I am so torn rn

I love Micaiah but Micaiah/Sothe is like, one of my least liked Fire Emblem ships.

I'll probably end up skipping and continuing saving for those last three Wolt copies.

Okay, so I was reading a bit of what Sharena has to say about the new heroes, and she says that she hopes to wear an outfit like these one day. I hope this means we'll get bride Sharena at some point. She's one of those I could see totally just playing dress-up here. X3 It'd be cute. Also, apparently, my hopes have been realized and Oboro made both her own and Hinata's outfits for this! And now that we have groom Hinata, does that mean we'll get Hisame at some point here? If so, I want him to wield a pickling stone as some sort of seasonal. Maybe picnic.

Also, okay, Micaiah and Sothe's damaged art is hilarious. Micaiah's doing that damsel faint and Sothe's just glaring at the one who attacked them all "I'm disappointed in you." XD

Reading up on Rafiel, oh my gosh he's more adorable than I first realized here. X3 !! And how Nailah just sort of chucks her bouquet aside in her attack art... XD

8 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Atk def bond at 5 star or Close guard?

Since it doesn’t specify that in the in-game notification, I don’t know. We’ll have to wait for the datamine for that information.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Honestly, convincing Ana to use a certain unit is a lost cause. I thought about commenting that she could use Hinata, but I already knew waht would be the answer...

There are the flowers and HM feathers she will lose by sending him home, but she also doesn't care for them either.

Well, it's nice to know that Rafiel is indeed infantry and gets the infantry beast weapon series which has names that don't match his tribe. Gotta love the localization team causing problems for themselves, regardless how minor.

12 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, in all fairness, I think Micaiah raised him when he was a little kid, so it does feel kind of weird. This is not so much "raised like siblings" but more "you fucking raised that guy you married". That said, RD also decided to make Makalov/Astrid canon, so ... I mean ...

To my knowledge I thought they were only together for a few years before they got separated at the time of PoR. So I wouldn't say she raised him, wasn't all that long. Then again I super ship them so I may be overlooking things

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

You could also use a Sothe, even a 3 star or 4 star will do the job for TT

Edited by Nym

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It would be weird for baby Mist to not be there imo. Elena should want both her kids with her...

an image of Duo Elena + Greil suddenly popped up in my mind

imagine Greil standing behind with a puzzled expression, holding one kid in each arm (or maybe kid Ike sitting on his shoulder cheering for his mother) while Elena goes around healing/attacking everyone (depending on her weapon) and having a good time

Edited by Yexin

Just now, Yexin said:

an image of Duo Elena + Greil suddenly popped up in my mind

imagine Greil standing behind with a puzzled expression, holding one kid in each arm (or maybe kid Ike sitting on his shoulder cheering for his mother) while Elena goes around healing/attacking everyone (depending on her weapon) and having a good time

That's no longer a Duo Hero, that's a quadruple hero and I'm all for it lol

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Then that's all fine and dandy. I'm just pointing out why I personally find it problematic and hope that others can at least understand why I do. I suppose it just...really surprises me that some people don't have an issue with it.

Most likely we're all desensitized from fates where Corrin can smash his known from birth nohr siblings and known from birth hoshidan step siblings. And Azura who is LITERALLY his cousin(though they do look cute together). Thou in Japan that's more socially acceptable, but still.

Also I feel as that lines been pushed before. Considering the incest fiasco of genealogy. 

To each thier own I suppose 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. Also, Sothe is the mother of Ike's children, so Ana could use them together as a happy family.

Oh boy, I would bet 10$ she wouldn't just because people jokes about this.

Just now, Nym said:

Oh boy, I would bet 10$ she wouldn't just because people jokes about this.

whats wrong with the joke? It's in the game lol

I'm a fan of both Tellus pairings.  I like how Micaiah raised Sothe so she could groom him to be so loyal to her, being her husband is a much better path for his life than wasting away as a street urchin.  And Nailah rescued Rafiel from certain doom in the desert, he'd never want to be apart from her.  I'd like to pull for all of them but my orbs aren't too plentiful after the young banner.  Only going for Rafiel, he's 4* and the only one I don't have another version of already, I'll just support him to regular Nailah.  

7 minutes ago, Miminako said:

whats wrong with the joke? It's in the game lol

Nothing, but I don't think Ana would either get it or like it as an Ike/Elincia shipper.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Nothing, but I don't think Ana would either get it or like it as an Ike/Elincia shipper.

oh. weird , but all right then.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Honestly, convincing Ana to use a certain unit is a lost cause. I thought about commenting that she could use Hinata, but I already knew waht would be the answer...

There are the flowers and HM feathers she will lose by sending him home, but she also doesn't care for them either.

Yeah, even I was willing to begrudgingly deploy summer Ylgr for the duration of last year’s first summer TT and then only kill her off after I reached 50,000.

I did not, however, grind for her 6,000 feathers because I wasn’t as smart then as I am now (I did, for example, grind New Year’s Eir to max merits before disposing of her).