Special Heroes: Bridal Beloveds

Jave

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

With the Fallen Heroes banner, it's not so much Temptation as opportunity cost. Fallen Lyon is an appealing unit and Fallen Ike is a QoL increase. With him in play AR becomes a whole lot easier and simpler for a season of my choosing. That and one of these units are guaranteed in 74 orbs exactly. No more, no less. Then there's the possibility of getting the other or even more in the 74 orbs spent. It's a potentially smart investment vs saving which makes it something to actually consider.

Micaiah on the other hand is just raw temptation. The banner lasts a month, I could legit just wait for 2 or 3 weeks to see what happens instead of spending for her. Which is why resisting is smarter.

I'm 189/120 on budget which is bad and 74 will just torch any saving outright, but it would increase the quality of my barracks, which potentially makes it worth it. Saving and budgeting isn't just about stockpiling for a certain unit or for the stake of stockpiling, it's also to promote smarter spending of the orbs you do have, and those 74 orbs are potentially very well spent here.

what ever you decide, i support you, Zeo! 🙂

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the feeling well. Historically I've always preferred seasonals over regular heroes because I tend to find the units more interesting. But now with the guaranteed 5* mechanic on New Heroes banner I'm no longer able to justify spending any meaningful amount of orbs on 6% banners. Even if I still value the individual units more on average (and I do), my sense of pragmatism kicks in and the knowledge that I'm guaranteed to get something useful, as opposed to leaving my fate entirely up to gacha, wins out overall. Sure, on average I probably only want 1.5 of the units on any given New Heroes banner (most of them bore me), but I can have a 100% chance at the one I want, as opposed to what feels like a 50/50 on getting any of the 2.5 heroes I might want on a seasonal banner.

Yes, I did summon for baby Palla but that's the exception rather than the rule and I wouldn't be surprised if I don't spend more than 15 orbs on any seasonal banner for the rest of the year.

Now the truly smart thing for me to do given that I'm generally satisfied with the state of my barracks, would be to wait for the next generation of BST and 5th tier skills, but I know that won't happen because outside of summoning I'm really just not feeling it anymore.

Oh yeah, so, seeing how Oboro and Hinata are in traditional Japanese bridal/groom outfits made me curious to see what traditional Korean wedding outfits look like.

And now I'm mad that we won't ever get them in Heroes. They're so colorful and not white, with lots of varieties for patterns, and the men's outfits are far less boring than Western suits. Man ...!

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh yeah, so, seeing how Oboro and Hinata are in traditional Japanese bridal/groom outfits made me curious to see what traditional Korean wedding outfits look like.

And now I'm mad that we won't ever get them in Heroes. They're so colorful and not white, with lots of varieties for patterns, and the men's outfits are far less boring than Western suits. Man ...!

How did you found the pictures?

Well, I guess that is the deal with having some limitations about the origin of the characters, unless of course, IS decides to create a pseudo-Korea in the future.

Well, at least there is hope that not everything will be boring Western suits and kimonos thanks to Khalid... I wonder how the traditional persian wedding outfits look like

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

How did you found the pictures?

Well, I guess that is the deal with having some limitations about the origin of the characters, unless of course, IS decides to create a pseudo-Korea in the future.

Well, at least there is hope that not everything will be boring Western suits and kimonos thanks to Khalid... I wonder how the traditional persian wedding outfits look like

Family's Korean. I also have a pair of Korean wedding dolls ... somewhere. Not in my room, but somewhere in the house. Also, google!

Also, even if we do see wedding garb inspired from other cultures besides just Japanese and Western (which would be awesome), I highly doubt Korean would be one of them due to, uh ... real life things between those two countries.

Edited by Sunwoo

40 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Family's Korean. I also have a pair of Korean wedding dolls ... somewhere. Not in my room, but somewhere in the house. Also, google!

Also, even if we do see wedding garb inspired from other cultures besides just Japanese and Western (which would be awesome), I highly doubt Korean would be one of them due to, uh ... real life things between those two countries.

Oh that is cool!; I don't know about Korean culture, but I always found cool to find all this stuff which is quite different of what I'm used to see, they represent other cultures and identities, other ways of thinking and other ways of viewing life...

Yeah I don't expect either, unless somehow Korea turns into a more important public for IS, which is unlikely

1 hour ago, Kaiser Wilhelm said:

I know I'm a guy, but can I say that Sothe looks adorable with that chest flower?

People of all gender identities agree that Groom Sothe is a beautiful guy indeed! His little smirk in the attacking art, his smitten voice... woo~! 💕

On 5/21/2020 at 9:04 PM, Sunwoo said:

real life things between those two countries.

A FE based on a pseudo-Imjin War scenario would be pretty awesome but it'd probably trigger way too many nationalists. 

Give me my Hanfu and Hanbok and maybe toss in some Southeast Asian stuff here and there

F6SaY6Z.jpg