Special Heroes: Bridal Beloveds

Jave

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nym said:

You could also use a Sothe, even a 3 star or 4 star will do the job for TT

Yeah, but I don't really care about him either, even though I do appreciate his Ike fanboyism. lol

1 hour ago, Jello said:

Most likely we're all desensitized from fates where Corrin can smash his known from birth nohr siblings and known from birth hoshidan step siblings. And Azura who is LITERALLY his cousin(though they do look cute together). Thou in Japan that's more socially acceptable, but still.

Also I feel as that lines been pushed before. Considering the incest fiasco of genealogy. 

To each thier own I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, that could be true. And I just grew different views due to having adopted siblings. To each their own indeed.

1 hour ago, Nym said:

Oh boy, I would bet 10$ she wouldn't just because people jokes about this.

Half right. I wouldn't do it indeed, but not for that reason.

59 minutes ago, Miminako said:

whats wrong with the joke? It's in the game lol

51 minutes ago, Nym said:

Nothing, but I don't think Ana would either get it or like it as an Ike/Elincia shipper.

No, I got the joke perfectly. I just didn't find it funny, regardless of who I ship. My sense of humor is odd sometimes, I guess.

I thought Shinon's Gatrie x tree in a skirt joke was WAY funnier.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm choosing to view this as Micaiah/Sothe playing house, it's just for fun. I always paired Micaiah off with Pelleas once he was recruitable, since they made sense to me. Still gunning for her this banner, if able. I'll put up no more than 30 orbs for the attempt.

43 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Since Nailah is on the banner its a bit of a shame that we didn't get groom Tibarn since those two very clearly have the hots for each other. Also Tibarn's tuxedo ripping due to him being so muscled could be real cute. 

Nailah's apparently married to the bird dude that's on this Banner

As a Micaiah/Sothe and Nailah/Rafiel shipper... I love this banner! My sister and I, who played the game together, didn't know that Nailah and Rafiel were a couple (thanks, localization) until I read about it online, and since then, we've happily shipped them. As for Micaiah and Sothe, they grew on me as a couple. They called each other siblings as more way of explanation, if I remember correctly, and while Micaiah did partially raise him, it wasn't from birth (and Sothe remembered a time before her). I'm willing to believe they grew to have a real attraction once Sothe matured. (And yes, after Sothe matured. Not before.) Micaiah's stagnant age makes a lot of it more believable... and it is just a game. I'm glad they are sticking to cannon (or nearly cannon in Micaiah and Sothe's case) couples. I ship Ike with a character who isn't in game, so I'll be happy as long as his duo is non-romantic (and since he has no romantic partners in the game, that should be the case).

Anyway, I'm thrilled! Especially since I should be able to support Nailah and Rafiel now... I was worried he'd be a blue beast and therefore clash with regular Nailah. But now I can have a green Nailah!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I don't really care about him either, even though I do appreciate his Ike fanboyism. lol

I just find it strange you would waste orbs on Nailah when Fallen Ike's banner is still up. There's no way you have him at +10 already but you do what you want.

Half right. I wouldn't do it indeed, but not for that reason.

Oh.

No, I got the joke perfectly. I just didn't find it funny, regardless of who I ship. My sense of humor is odd sometimes, I guess.

I thought Shinon's Gatrie x tree in a skirt joke was WAY funnier.

This is funnier yes.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe this fantasy incest liking is partly why 47% of Japanese couples haven't had sex in the past month and stores carry more adult diapers than infant ones. Get rid of these weird fantasy kinks Japan and perhaps you'll stand a chance of not seeing your current population fall by half by 2050.

This was not necessary.

5 hours ago, Yexin said:

the fact that the TT banner features no fates character at all makes hinata and oboro feel even more out of place to me

eh, at least i'll be able to get the free summon from the fallen banner with this seasonal's orbs

Hmmm. . .

The TT banner was a mess to begin with.  Both Micaiah and Nailah are 5* only, which means that they'd definitely be on there.  The other three options were Oboro, Hinata, and Sothe.  Of these, Oboro would make the least amount of sense, since she'd share a color with everyone else.  Sothe was introduced as a 5*, while Hinata has always been in the 3-4 pool, so I can understand why they went that way.  Even if I would've preferred Hinata because I have more uses for Fury than Life and Death.

---

YAY MORE PELLEAS SHIPPERS~!  Sorry, just happy that he's getting some recognition.

Spoiler

She took a knife for him FFS.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

This was not necessary.

Sorry.

It was intended to be something of a joke, combined with some random factoids. In retrospect, I wrote it too seriously by mistake. Would you think I'd think things like this would really be responsible for an unfortunate demographic decline? Nor do I believe Japan, or rather a tiny handful of its people, have a monopoly on weird kinks, no nation does. Nor is Japan the only nation with aging population issues, it's merely the leader in the trend.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

53 minutes ago, Nym said:

I just find it strange you would waste orbs on Nailah when Fallen Ike's banner is still up. There's no way you have him at +10 already but you do what you want.

Oh.

This is funnier yes.

I'm not going for Nailah, I just said I'd rather have her or Rafiel over Hinata and the others. I'm mainly going for Rafiel.

And YES. That one cracks me up EVERY time! LOL

8 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I like to think that the whole Heron family being on edge about Leanne's desire to marry is because they know exactly who the groom is going to be. 

Yep.  Volug!  😛

I can't tell if this banner loves me or hates me.  Pulled two 5* units (one even being a girl in a hood), and none of them are on the banner.

On 5/18/2020 at 8:30 PM, NSSKG151 said:

We just got Genealogy characters in January though and Fallen Julia this month (though I wouldn't mind seeing their characters getting some seasonal alts). Awakening hasn't gotten anything for almost a year now outside of Legendary Chrom plus I am really curious to see if a certain character shows up on the next Awakening New Heroes banner.

Genealogy 1st Generation*

But yes Awakening is most due for a shiny new banner. It would be nice to get new Thracia characters as well.

19 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Nailah's apparently married to the bird dude that's on this Banner

As if petty constraints like marriage should get in the way of the fierce passion between a manly bird man and an even manlier wolf lady!

They didn't seem married in RD though they definitely seemed as if they might get married soon after. Apparently they do marry in Heroes, even if its a pretend wedding.  

Edited by Etrurian emperor

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

As if petty constraints like marriage should get in the way of the fierce passion between a manly bird man and an even manlier wolf lady!

They didn't seem married in RD though they definitely seemed as if they might get married soon after. Apparently they do marry in Heroes, even if its a pretend wedding.  

I think they say they already got married and they're just doing another one for Leanne to see, if I'm understanding the paralogue right~

This all just seems like one big subliminal message for Bride Leanne next year

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Yeah, it could happen.

But by this logic, we should got Bride Anna a long time ago since she won the Wedding Bouquet in the first Brides paralogue (Paralogue 6).

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I think they say they already got married and they're just doing another one for Leanne to see, if I'm understanding the paralogue right~

Another Flying Singer Yay. 
and Considering how Leanne stalks us...

Oh man poor Rafiel and Reyson. XD I see what people mean. Yeah, Reyson in particular is probably unnerved by the idea of being brothers-in-law with Naesala, especially after the Duke Tanas incident.

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Another Flying Singer Yay. 
and Considering how Leanne stalks us...

Maybe she stalks you, but she's never appeared for me even though I've tried.

Everyone pulling Micaiah seemingly easily makes it really tempting for me to spend orbs on her. I'm grossly over budget and already considering breaking it on an invest that isn't her... I literally had to close FEH to resist the impulse I was feeling on the summon screen.

I'm at 49 orbs right now... I'm 22/40 on the fallen banner so 74 orbs on that and I'm guaranteed a *5 there so I could spend the bulk of my orbs on that during the TT.... or I could pull for Micaiah and blow up my chances...

or I could spend nothing, survive and watch the orbs pile up... 

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Everyone pulling Micaiah seemingly easily makes it really tempting for me to spend orbs on her. I'm grossly over budget and already considering breaking it on an invest that isn't her... I literally had to close FEH to resist the impulse I was feeling on the summon screen.

I'm at 49 orbs right now... I'm 22/40 on the fallen banner so 74 orbs on that and I'm guaranteed a *5 there so I could spend the bulk of my orbs on that during the TT.... or I could pull for Micaiah and blow up my chances...

Unless you don't care about anyone on the Fallen banner, go for the guaranteed 5-star or save. The bride banner will still be there for another month. No need to make a hasty decision.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Maybe she stalks you, but she's never appeared for me even though I've tried.

well she used to - now that i have enough for her to be +10, the girl is all vanished.
I tried for her on her debut banner, and got two copies so i thought that was enough for me. but then i got a butt load of her on her Legendary Debut (and like 4 eirikas and 1 alm), then free summoned her twice, and she pity broke me on the bride one banner last year. now she's a toilet paper reward. 

I would HAPPILY share the wealth if i could. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

i don't think it's really surprisingly easily. (it could seem like this because you are feeling tempted). 
I haven't been following, but you wanted to get merges for your FE7 people so you should keep reminded of that. 

1 hour ago, uhmuzing said:

So does Nailah's Bridal Fang stack with Special Spiral? And would this be a useful build?

Yes, it stacks. In terms of combat performance, it should be pretty decent.

For actual usage, I do not think it is amazing. It is fine for Arena and other low difficulty modes, but it is not great for Aether Raids or high difficulty modes where you want to have as much range and mobility as possible. Except for Galeforcers, there is not much reason to use Player Phase melee combat units on Aether Raids offense since their reach is abysmal, and ranged units are so much easier and safer to use.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

i don't think it's really surprisingly easily. (it could seem like this because you are feeling tempted). 
I haven't been following, but you wanted to get merges for your FE7 people so you should keep reminded of that. 

With the Fallen Heroes banner, it's not so much Temptation as opportunity cost. Fallen Lyon is an appealing unit and Fallen Ike is a QoL increase. With him in play AR becomes a whole lot easier and simpler for a season of my choosing. That and one of these units are guaranteed in 74 orbs exactly. No more, no less. Then there's the possibility of getting the other or even more in the 74 orbs spent. It's a potentially smart investment vs saving which makes it something to actually consider.

Micaiah on the other hand is just raw temptation. The banner lasts a month, I could legit just wait for 2 or 3 weeks to see what happens instead of spending for her. Which is why resisting is smarter.

I'm 189/120 on budget which is bad and 74 will just torch any saving outright, but it would increase the quality of my barracks, which potentially makes it worth it. Saving and budgeting isn't just about stockpiling for a certain unit or for the stake of stockpiling, it's also to promote smarter spending of the orbs you do have, and those 74 orbs are potentially very well spent here.