Special Heroes: Bridal Beloveds

Jave

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You know, the fact that I mentioned Outrealms and multiple versions of the same worlds existing got me thinking. Since those are a thing and what-if scenarios are on the table due to Fallen Ike's existence...could we get various pairings as duo units or separate but on the same banner that feature the same characters with different people? Like, say we got both duo Ike and Elincia AND duo Geoffrey and Elincia (not on the same banner, of course). Or we could see duo Sain and Fiora on a Valentine banner or something and later on, Kent and Fiora as bride and groom?

Though even if this didn't happen, I still say that technically non-canon pairings like Ike x Elincia still happened in some reality because hey, Fallen Ike is in Heroes and he didn't actually happen in RD. Yet his existence in Heroes says he did occur in another timeline where things didn't go as smoothly for him. Who's to say that there isn't also a timeline where he married Lincy and Rolf married Mist and so on?

If I remember correctly, IS said they were planning a duo unit for every single main character.

So you can probably expect one for Ike, but one for Elincia will depend. Does IS consider Elincia a main character? I don't think she was in PoR, and in RD, she quickly got overshadowed by Ike and Micaiah.

So unless she's the futur duo partner for Ike-- which could be unlikely there are many characters that could be with Ike like Soren, Mist, Greil, Titania, etc-- I don't know how else she will be a duo unit.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

If I remember correctly, IS said they were planning a duo unit for every single main character.

So you can probably expect one for Ike, but one for Elincia will depend. Does IS consider Elincia a main character? I don't think she was in PoR, and in RD, she quickly got overshadowed by Ike and Micaiah.

So unless she's the futur duo partner for Ike-- which could be unlikely there are many characters that could be with Ike like Soren, Mist, Greil, Titania, etc-- I don't know how else she will be a duo unit.

1. When did IS say this?

2. Yes, IS considers Elincia a main character since she was part of that leads banner. And she is the female lead of PoR...

3. Sadly, I'd expect Ike's duo to be with Soren or even Mist before Elincia... And Elincia I feel is more likely to be a duo with Lucia or Geoffrey than Ike... As much as I wouldn't care for that. I'd be fine with duo Ike and Mist, but otherwise...yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Nym said:

Ike and Soren duo

Or Ike and Mist/Greil/Titania bc it would be sweet to see more family duos. Also bc I will only accept those cus they're the most sensible ones to me.

IS why

I don't remember RD making this many references to Sothe and Micaiah being like brother and sister in the actual game

It's like Heroes is purposely playing it up or something

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't actually know. I'm just guesstimating using the information from the script and my own assumptions of Sothe's age in PoR. 14 in PoR and 17 in RD seems like a reasonable enough estimate.

His "apparent age"- the age he was designed to look like but isn't necessarily, in PoR is 14, 17 in RD.

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Be careful with your wording there Sharena. Otherwise you are going to launch a 2nd tidal wave upon Telius.

My first reaction to the art, before my brain took a split-second to sanity process the information the eyes were sending it, is that Sothe got implants.

Why so pouty Sooooooothe!-y Boy? The happy day is here and it looks like you were dragged into it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Another year before they canonizes Chrom and someone, another year of my weak Chrolivia shipper heart breaking 

I doubt they'll "canonize" any couple that isn't already canon. We didn't even get Marth & Caeda, which is a canon couple. A duo Chrom would likely come with either male Robin or Lucina, or even Emmeryn or Lissa.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

1. When did IS say this?

2. Yes, IS considers Elincia a main character since she was part of that leads banner.

3. Sadly, I'd expect Ike's duo to be with Soren or even Mist before Elincia... And Elincia I feel is more likely to be a duo with Lucia or Geoffrey than Ike... As much as I wouldn't care for that. I'd be fine with duo Ike and Mist, but otherwise...yeah.

1. I think it was when the first duo unit was introduced, so back in October. Dunno if they made a statement on their Twitter, I just saw it here.

2. Then you can expect her to be on it at some point? When? Well not any time soon that's for sure.

3. I would expect that too.

3 minutes ago, Miminako said:

Ike and Soren duo

Or Ike and Mist/Greil/Titania bc it would be sweet to see more family duos. Also bc I will only accept those cus they're the most sensible ones to me.

Yeah, like I said, he got options. But Elincia wouldn't be the highest possibility.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I doubt they'll "canonize" any couple that isn't already canon. We didn't even get Marth & Caeda, which is a canon couple. A duo Chrom would likely come with either male Robin or Lucina, or even Emmeryn or Lissa.

Chrom and Cordelia would be nice for memes.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Chrom and Cordelia would be nice for memes.

Please don't, Lucina and Severa would make awesome sisters which would hurt even more 😞

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Are you serious? Are you fucking serious? How do you not see any problems with this? With SIBLINGS marrying each other? Who cares if they're not blood related? This is exactly the main issue people had with Corrin being able to marry his/her siblings. They treated one another as family and siblings, not as love interests, and then suddenly Corrin can just get hitched to one of them and have a freaking kid with them. You're saying that it would be perfectly normal for me to marry one of my adopted brothers and I just find that very disturbing. He's my BROTHER. Not a love interest.

No. Since Outrealms and multiple versions of the same world are a thing, I can believe Ike and Elincia married in at least one reality if I want to.

Also, this 100%. I actually did find Makalov x Astrid kind of weird too. And Boyd x Mist over Rolf x Mist was also an odd choice.

I mean I don't see anything wrong with it either. They grew up together, sure, but it's not like they're not aware of what their blood relationship actually is, and by the time their relationship actually turns into love (which is not until RD's post-game), they've grown up and matured to the point that I'm sure they know what they're getting into.

I mean, I'm probably a bit biased here because I know one case in real life which is kinda similar and those people are still happily married. But I think what's important here is that the game handled the pairing in a rather respectful way that didn't make it look weird (at least by my standards), as we see Sothe and Micaiah together only in RD by the time Sothe is more grown. We only hear about their past in a late-game conversation, so we don't need to know all the details.

I guess I see it more as a "If they're happy with each other, and they're not hurting anyone nor themselves, why would I be bothered by it?"

Edited by Jave

Glad I did not spend all my orbs on Fallen Ike merges. Gonna try to get 1 copy of Micaiah and Sothe and save orbs to merge them on their rerun.

Also, for the record. Sothe is 14 in Path of Radiance, 17 in Radiant Dawn.

107sothe.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

I mean I don't see anything wrong with it either. They grew up together, sure, but it's not like they're not aware of what their blood relationship actually is, and by the time their relationship actually turns into love (which is not until RD's post-game), they've grown up and matured to the point that I'm sure they know what they're getting into.

I mean, I'm probably a bit biased here because I know one case in real life which is kinda similar and those people are still happily married. But I think what's important here is that the game handled the pairing in a rather respectful way that didn't make it look weird (at least by my standards), as we see Sothe and Micaiah together only in RD by the time Sothe is more grown. We only hear about their past in a late-game conversation, so we don't need to know all the details.

I guess I see it more as a "If they're happy with each, and they're not hurting anyone nor themselves, why would I be bothered by it?"

Then that's all fine and dandy. I'm just pointing out why I personally find it problematic and hope that others can at least understand why I do. I suppose it just...really surprises me that some people don't have an issue with it.

Edited by Anacybele

36 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:
  Reveal hidden contents

AAbkOiAAAeJK.jpg

AAbkOiAAAeJL.jpg

AAbkOiAAAeJM.jpg

Groom Hinata's art ^

He looks so silly that it's honestly charming.  This art also looks much better than his normal appearance so I retract my "ew" comment.

14 minutes ago, Nym said:

Please don't, Lucina and Severa would make awesome sisters which would hurt even more 😞

Yeah, especially when Severa still isn't even in the game as Severa. Yes, I am still irrationally bitter about that fact.

25 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Another year before they canonizes Chrom and someone, another year of my weak Chrolivia shipper heart breaking 

I ship Micaiah with Pelleas, I hear ya!

22 minutes ago, Nym said:

I hope we get something really off-the-wall with Ike, like Elena!

---

My twisted headcanon thinks that Micaiah calls Sothe dapper, and he's like "hell yeah I'm sexy."  I did a little squeal when I saw that Oboro and Hinata were a part of this!  I hope Oboro did her own sewing.

That being said, I'd be happy with any non-colorless unit.  Mostly because I think Alm and Celica are adorable together, and no one should steal that spotlight from them!

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, especially when Severa still isn't even in the game as Severa. Yes, I am still irrationally bitter about that fact.

You think you’re bitter about that! At this point I’ve accepted the fact that she’s not getting into game any time soon. It helps me sleep better at night. Come on IS it has been THREE FUCKING YEARS!!!!!!!

Edited by Ottservia

Oh right they're actual units, not just people in wedding outfits.

>Nailah seems an odd choice for a Bridal banner. I don't even remember her having any sort of potential romance, but whatever. She looks like a good partnership with Dancers though. She should always have her Special ready.

>Oboro literally has a better version of the Summer units weapons. I coulda believed her being the demote if it weren't for Odd Pulse Tie. Feel like it would have made more sense to give her a Wave skill, but she still looks pretty good.

>Again, Rafiel's artwork looks TOO good for a 4* unit. Not that exciting, but having a second unit with the same, if weaker, effect as Velouria is pretty good, especially on a dancer.

>Micaiah/Sothe looks busted. I'm not sure why they keep giving her Armor and Cavalry effectiveness, but no one is complaining. She is min-maxed to hell and back, and that Duo skill just makes her all the better. Domination though, eh...? Wonder what name they'll give Bladetome status?

>Oh his weapon was a folded up giant fan... that makes more sense than a Dojo signboard for a Brides banner.

Still not spending much on this banner. I think New Heroes are generally gonna be a better bang for my buck than Special Heroes now that we're guaranteed a free one in exchange for 135 orbs.

Edited by Xenomata

I have mixed feelings about this: I'm so happy that we got Micaiah and Sothe as a duo unit (And as much as Aran/Laura would have been preferred due to my bias, it's non-canon and unimportant, so I don't actually mind at all) but I still can't summon for them! Agh, I need to fix that problem soon. The artwork looks really good too!

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

>Micaiah/Sothe looks busted. I'm not sure why they keep giving her Armor and Cavalry effectiveness, but no one is complaining. She is min-maxed to hell and back, and that Duo skill just makes her all the better. Domination though, eh...? Wonder what name they'll give Bladetome status?

The same reason all three versions of Reinhardt use a brave weapon: because the developers like them having that niche and won't let them do anything else. Also, Thani canonically does have the armor/cavalry effectiveness in RD.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then that's all fine and dandy. I'm just pointing out why I personally find it problematic and hope that others can at least understand why I do. I suppose it just...really surprises me that some people don't have an issue with it.

Please don't give me such a mocking answer. I'm giving you an honest opinion to the point you raised, and I'm by no means trying to downplay how you feel about the pairing. I definitely see and understand how you feel about it, and completely respect your position in this argument.

As for why some people don't have an issue with it, I guess it can be because people have different standards for what they view in fiction and in reality. A lot of relationships in Fire Emblem are things that would be genuinely terrible in real life, but in a Medieval/Fantasy setting like Fire Emblem? Eh, I can let it slide. I know plenty of people out there who legit like Arvis x Deirdre, but I doubt anyone would accept a real life version of it.

Another chance for Tatiana/Zeke and Sigurd/Deirdre down the drain. 
I think I can be happy if they add Tatiana/Zeke one day, no matter the circumstances..

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My twisted headcanon thinks that Micaiah calls Sothe dapper, and he's like "hell yeah I'm sexy."  I did a little squeal when I saw that Oboro and Hinata were a part of this!  I hope Oboro did her own sewing.

Oboro did, she even made the one for Hinata. At least she helped in preparing them.

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/11002011000521-2/

Edited by Stroud

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The same reason all three versions of Reinhardt use a brave weapon: because the developers like them having that niche and won't let them do anything else. Also, Thani canonically does have the armor/cavalry effectiveness in RD.

Rein at least has the excuse of Brave weapons being the only thing he ever had equipped (in the one battle we got to see him in). Wasn't Thani just Micaiah's version of the Rapier?

Edited by Xenomata

Just wanted to do some calculations for fun.

BB!Nailah
+Atk (?)
Bride's Fang (14+2, 5, 10)
Ruptured Sky (~12)
Distant Counter
Vantage
Def Smoke
Brazen Atk/Spd (7)
6/6/6/6 bonus buffs (6)
Total Atk = ? + 44 + ~12

If BB!Nailah got like 35 neutral Atk (~91 total Atk at +0+0, so ~94 Atk with an Asset; for comparison, Ares hits 96 at +0+0), then I think she is going to be pretty decent as a Counter-Vantage unit. If paired with BB!Micaiah, then her Atk can go even higher, which is great.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is more about people having the right to do whatever they want (as long as it is not hurting anyone), and what goes on in a person's bedroom is really none of other people's business. If most of society can now accept two men or two women getting it on without being like "ew," "gross," or making other rude remarks, I think society should extend the same courtesy to siblings or family members who want to pork each other.

Edited by XRay

Just now, Xenomata said:

Rein at least has the excuse of Brave weapons being the only thing he ever had equipped. Wasn't Thani just Micaiah's version of the Rapier?

TO be fair, Thani was the only thing that kept Miccy dear from being a dead weight in RD. It let her do more than chip.