Seliph and Julia: Have I been screwed out of it?

Wildshot

I've been playing FE4, and I wanted to do the Seliph/Julia glitch. However, some things aren't lining up. 

I believe that Seliph and Julia should be starting at 490 love points, but they don't seem to. As soon as Julia (and Fee and Arthur) appeared, I rushed Seliph back to the castle to check the augury, and there's nobody that he's even close to being in love with.

Some facts about my file that might help:

• Seliph has 3 Leadership Stars. I heard of a glitch that causes him to sometimes start with 2. It didn't appear to activate on mine. No, I did not hard reset since Gen 2 began, which is what I hear is what you're supposed to do to get him his third star. 
  • All of my Gen 1 characters survived to the end of Chapter 5, and all my Gen 1 females were paired up. However, I noticed something a little near the end of Chapter 5 that was odd. When Taillite got killed by Reptor (before I reset), she finished her dying statement with "SILVIA, you nitwit!" As far as I'm aware, she should be calling out to her husband, not randomly to Silvia. However, she didn't end up with Silvia, obviously; when Arthur appeared in my game, he had all of Azel's gear like he was supposed to. 

Am I missing something?

Could be a problem with the ROM or the game. I wouldn't worry too much about it if inheritance is working fine and you have both sets of kids. TBH, the substitutes for Tailtiu's children and Silvia's children are easily the best in the sense that they're the ones most capable of fulfilling the roles their originals would normally play. Although Amid is notable worse than Arthur at level 20, Linda is on par with Tinny for the most part. The same can be said for Silvia's kids. If you were to have any substitutes, those 4 aren't awful in comparision to their originals unlike all of the other subs. Just to be sure, check their blood. If they have Minor Braggi instead of Minor Fala, than you have a problem.

For the glitch, you have to use the hidden jealousy system. When you're marching, having Lana and Larcei adjacent to Seliph, while Julia is adjacent to both girls. It should look like a square. I'll sorta draw it out, with the X's being Seliph and Julia and the O's being Larcei and Lana.

XO

OX

This link is a little bit better at explaining it.

Did I answer your question? If not, I'll be happy to explain more to the best of my ability.

7 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Could be a problem with the ROM or the game. I wouldn't worry too much about it if inheritance is working fine and you have both sets of kids. TBH, the substitutes for Tailtiu's children and Silvia's children are easily the best in the sense that they're the ones most capable of fulfilling the roles their originals would normally play. Although Amid is notable worse than Arthur at level 20, Linda is on par with Tinny for the most part. The same can be said for Silvia's kids. If you were to have any substitutes, those 4 aren't awful in comparision to their originals unlike all of the other subs. Just to be sure, check their blood. If they have Minor Braggi instead of Minor Fala, than you have a problem.

For the glitch, you have to use the hidden jealousy system. When you're marching, having Lana and Larcei adjacent to Seliph, while Julia is adjacent to both girls. It should look like a square. I'll sorta draw it out, with the X's being Seliph and Julia and the O's being Larcei and Lana.

XO

OX

This link is a little bit better at explaining it.

Did I answer your question? If not, I'll be happy to explain more to the best of my ability.

I have been attempting to use Jealousy.

https://imgur.com/QR1xmOz

This is the formation, with Seliph on the top left, Larcei to his right, Lana below him, and Julia to Lana's right and below Larcei to steal from both of them. However, it seems that after a bunch of turns like this and checking the augury, he starts falling in love with Lana instead. 

I checked Arthur on recruitment, and he has both Minor Tordo and Minor Fala. 

It's probably the result of the Project Narga patch. They seemed to have fixed basically every known issues similar to that. With Celice's missing Leadership Star being another example.
Normally after loading, Celice's and Julia's love points are set to 0. They only start at 490 if you never reset. So they probably figured the former is the intended behavior.

Edited by BrightBow

25 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's probably the result of the Project Narga patch. They seemed to have fixed basically every known issues similar to that. With Celice's missing Leadership Star being another example.
Normally after loading, Celice's and Julia's love points are set to 0. They only start at 490 if you never reset. So they probably figured the former is the intended behavior.

I've just been talking with a guy who said he managed it even though it was on the Project Naga patch, so there must be SOME way. Still need to figure out how he managed it, though. 

4 hours ago, Wildshot said:

I have been attempting to use Jealousy.

https://imgur.com/QR1xmOz

This is the formation, with Seliph on the top left, Larcei to his right, Lana below him, and Julia to Lana's right and below Larcei to steal from both of them. However, it seems that after a bunch of turns like this and checking the augury, he starts falling in love with Lana instead. 

I checked Arthur on recruitment, and he has both Minor Tordo and Minor Fala. 

You have the correct formation! Did you reset during Part 1 at all? I believe resetting during part 1 also resets the glitch. If you use save states, it's much easier to get this glitch.

And it looks like Arthur inherited the correct stuff, so I wouldn't worry too much about Tailtiu and Silvia being secret lovers lol

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

You have the correct formation! Did you reset during Part 1 at all? I believe resetting during part 1 also resets the glitch. If you use save states, it's much easier to get this glitch.

And it looks like Arthur inherited the correct stuff, so I wouldn't worry too much about Tailtiu and Silvia being secret lovers lol

I am actually unsure if I reset during Part 1. I started this file at Evans Castle, but the actual file is well over a year old. I'm pretty sure I never did, though. There's not much reason to with save states, yeah?

6 minutes ago, Wildshot said:

I am actually unsure if I reset during Part 1. I started this file at Evans Castle, but the actual file is well over a year old. I'm pretty sure I never did, though. There's not much reason to with save states, yeah?

Yep, when you play with save states, it never resets.

It could be the patch though. Not sure how your friend did it though. Because if the glitch happens correctly, Seliph and Julia should be in love by the time Ch 6 is over. If not, you may need to play on an older emulator or patch.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 12:55 AM, Wildshot said:

I've been playing FE4, and I wanted to do the Seliph/Julia glitch. However, some things aren't lining up. 

I believe that Seliph and Julia should be starting at 490 love points, but they don't seem to. As soon as Julia (and Fee and Arthur) appeared, I rushed Seliph back to the castle to check the augury, and there's nobody that he's even close to being in love with.

Some facts about my file that might help:

• Seliph has 3 Leadership Stars. I heard of a glitch that causes him to sometimes start with 2. It didn't appear to activate on mine. No, I did not hard reset since Gen 2 began, which is what I hear is what you're supposed to do to get him his third star. 
  • All of my Gen 1 characters survived to the end of Chapter 5, and all my Gen 1 females were paired up. However, I noticed something a little near the end of Chapter 5 that was odd. When Taillite got killed by Reptor (before I reset), she finished her dying statement with "SILVIA, you nitwit!" As far as I'm aware, she should be calling out to her husband, not randomly to Silvia. However, she didn't end up with Silvia, obviously; when Arthur appeared in my game, he had all of Azel's gear like he was supposed to. 

Am I missing something?

They're step siblings, why would you even want to pair them?